[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First home defense/EDC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1469888779255.jpg (41KB, 353x504px) Image search: [Google]
1469888779255.jpg
41KB, 353x504px
Hello /k/, Texasfag here, I have been slowly saving up and now looking for my first purchase for my Home Defense, Nighstand piece, whathaveyou.

I have been told a few things and would more opinions and input, and hopefully be steered into the right direction.

I will have a budget between 500-700 depending on what gunshow or if I do a police-trade in to a store.

I have fairly large hands, palm being about 4.5 inches and finger being 2.5-3.75 respectively, so roughly 7.5 combined. Fingers are narrow, I don't have fat hands or fingers.

So far the glock site told me to go with a gen4 of 17, 19, 21.

My friend suggested a 23, and I have also been suggested to a CZ (not sure which make or model, just a CZ in general).

I am not a materialist or bragger so I just want something reliable and efficient, looks mean little to me.

I am also between the choice of 9mm, 40. s&w, and 45. acp. So I would like some insight as to what would be better for me, as someone who probably won't be shooting at ranges or ranches all too often.

My main goal is protection for myself and family, and the occasional, range or ranch targets.

I hope I have provided enough info as to what would accomadate me best.
>>
File: muh glock.jpg (241KB, 1200x1188px) Image search: [Google]
muh glock.jpg
241KB, 1200x1188px
glock 19
>>
>>31005990
Any reasons as to why, I want to be informed more on the gun itself.
>>
>>31005974
On the topic of home defense in Texas,
What do you even do after you killed someone trying to break in?
>>
>>31005999
https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45/search?query=glock+19

grandpa knows all
>>
>>31006005
call dead nigger storage for a pickup
>>
>>31006005
My friend in the PD up in Dallas told me, is that it is best to try and just subdue the perp. Unless obvious fear of life, or threat to family and property, but to not try and kill the perp. Just becomes more of a problem with law and such. Best thing to do is of course, remain calm, explain the situation, and don't appear skiddish or throwing red flags, like "Oh man, I need my meds." or something like that.
>>
>>31006028
Seriously,
Guy breaks in, you shoot him and call the cops.
Then what?
Do I just straight up tell them, "he tried breaking in"?
>>
>>31006044
Lets say I end up shooting, isn't it better to shoot to kill?
The saying is "Dead men don't talk" right?
>>
>>31006065
I mean I do agree, if someone comes into my house at night, I should be allowed to just drop him, but idk if I could live with taking a life, if they were just trying to get a TV or something, rather than trying to kill and take belongings. But that is just me.
>>
>>31005974
>Nighstand piece
sounds like you want a pistol

>I am also between the choice of 9mm, 40. s&w, and 45. acp
select a 9mm, and grab federal hst 147gr for your home defense ammo

>I just want something reliable and efficient, looks mean little to me.
grab a glock 19 (compact) or 17 (full-size) depending on whichever is more comfortable in your hand. 17 might fit your larger hands better, but 19 might fit into a nightstand better

not much else needs to be said. it's a simple, proven home defense tool
>>
>>31005974
What kind of trigger/action do you prefer?
>>
>>31006097
Forgive me, this would be my FIRST gun.

I have only shot deer rifles and shotguns.
>>
>>31006084
>federal hst 147g
I don't have an actual Nightstand, it would be in a dresser, but I am sure you know what I mean.

Any brand in particular in ammo, depending on what is available, and what brands to avoid?
>>
bump. Still looking for input
>>
>>31006159
Shotgun can be used for HD with the right ammo.

Also, when you go deer hunting how much ammo do you take with you?
>>
>>31006044
No no no, you're friend is an idiot. You call the cops put them on speaker and shout your warning to the person in side your house.I have a gun, etc. Its all recorded by the police. Then you shoot to kill. No fucking cop would tell you to subdue a perp, that is absolute bullshit. You keep your weapon trained on the person you just shot while you wait for them to arrive, If they are still moving you continue to warn them, dont get up, don't move. and the dispatcher will let you know what to do from there.
>>
>>31006065
Look up Castle Law Texas
>>
>>31006780
Well he is a desk jockey
>>
>>31005974
Glock 21, 13+1 rounds of .45 ACP, should take out any dindu that breaks in.

Unless they're wearing body armor, in which case you're fucked.
>>
>>31006819
I know that, but my original question was what to do after, like when the police show up
>>
>>31007133
If you are confident and composed you can strictly stick to who/what/where/when. If they start busting your balls or feels like you are being suspect of manslaughter cite your in shock and cannot continue questioning at the time. You might be involved in a civil suit from the family so anything you say can be used against you. If its clean IE your jerking off to Trump speeches, perspn kicks in your door, you respond with force shooting individual minimal amount of times in the frontal region (not in back or standing over downed invader) you should be square. You'll know pretty quick if justifiable or not. Dont get tunnel vision and keep your mouth shut. If burglar runs away when confronted please dont magdump when he's halfway across your lawn. Not a bad idea to look into LTC groups locally and possible legal aid
>>
>>31007133
Also everything is evidenced based. So any objects you saw individual touching, shell casings, blood or defensive wounds on yourself should be preserved until told your clear
>>
>>31007182
so how many times would you shoot tyrone? until he's on the ground?
>>
>>31007331
Until he stops advancing. Hell, even on a miss you might scare them into retreating. Throw a dub/trip-tap, once back on target assess, rinse/wash/repeat. I have giant windows around my living room with neighbors across the way. Would prefer not to have any bystanders shot cause not NYPD.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.