[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I legally own a handgun at 18 in Georgia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: CZ-75 satin and nickel finish.jpg (68KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
CZ-75 satin and nickel finish.jpg
68KB, 640x392px
How do I legally own a handgun at 18 in Georgia?
>>
>>31003234
Google
>>
>>31003234
which Georgia?
>>
>>31005025
The state
>>
>>31005025
The black one
>>
>>31003234
Private sale.
You could have a parent sell or give it to you (not %100 sure how this works), or you could buy one at a gun show. Afaik dealers can only sell to 21 and older.
>>
>>31003234
Ask your father to buy one for you. He can then legally transfer the gun to you without any kind of paperwork or it being considered a straw purchase.
>>
>>31005937
Alright yea about that shit. From what Ive read, there are basically no restrictions for the private sale of guns in Georgia. I would only be able to have the handgun in my home, in my car i think, and if the the person whos house i am visiting states that it is fine for me to carry in his house. Can anyone verify this for me?
>>
>>31006378
I bet you can't transport a handgun at your age in a car. Better double czech that anon
>>
>>31006378

>Can anyone verify this for me?

Yeah, call your county's Sheriffs office.
>>
>>31006378
Im 20 in GA and I'm pretty sure we can't carry in our car. It's not very explicit but it seems that we can't until 21.
Im only a couple months away from being 21 though so Yolo I guess.
>>
>>31006378
>>31006417
To lazy to check for Georgia but most states have no restrictions for transport or use for firearms based on age.
So in my state (VA) people under 21 can legally buy a pistol from private sale or gift. They can also open carry and transport just as anyone else can. The only restriction is that you cannot get a cc or buy pistol ammo from dealers until 21. So you have to buy online or private sales/gifts. (still illegal for online but who gives a fuck) (but that's federal)
>>
>>31006492
I think you will find that true for long guns, but the long dick of the law will get you in most states for a handgun in a car if you're under 21

Allowed to own
Not allowed to buy ammo or transport
>>
Alright 'preciate it you guys. Guess imma just buy one off someone. Now the problem has become who I buy it off of. I could ask my neighbor who has a lot of guns but the last time i talked to him about guns he was saying he doesnt really think a person my age should really own one in most cases. I could go on craigslist but fuck buying a gun from someone i dont know. I know a lot of kids my age have pistols around my place but i dont trust any of them and I aint gonne get robbed by some lil faggot. I was thinking about buying one online but obviously it would be linked to my debit card and easily checked for how i bought it if i was caught with it in a way that i wouldnt be allowed to legally.
>>
>>31006521
Oh that's cool but you're wrong.
>>
>>31006582
Can't buy online retard.
You would have to go to an ffl and they would deny the sale.
>>
Aight I guess I trust yall a bit more than some random guy around here if youre a responsible adult. Are any of yall in the East Atlanta area(West Gwinnett) and have a handgun youd like to get rid of? If so lemme hear what youve got.
>>
>>31006899
If you do transport a handgun, put it unloaded in a case in your trunk.
Due to you not being old enough to get a cc license. I think the open carry exemption in cars only works if you old enough for a license, maybe I read the law wrong though
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-16-18-08-09.png (579KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-16-18-08-09.png
579KB, 1080x1920px
>>31006953
It appears unloaded in a vehicle is the way to go.
>>
>>31006475

No one gives a shit unless you're black or live in liberal land AKA Atlanta/Savannah/etc
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.