[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good deal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
Ok /k/, I was in a local shop today and saw a 92FS for $475.
Comes with 3 15rd mags.
Bit of a poorfag and couldn't pay for it outright so I put some money down and had it put on hold.
This a good deal to you guys?
>>
You can get a stronger for half the price.
It's okay but I'm not a fan of the m9. You should get a CZ or stoeger instead
>>
>>31002947
Got mine for $350. Thats not super good but its ok.
>>
Pretty good.
>>
>>31002947
It's an ok price. You didn't overpay but didn't get a steal. Imo
I got mine for 250$ at a yard sale. Came with 1 mag and 3 Rds lol.
>>
>>31002986
Toppest kek!
I can see it now:
>yea comes as is
Ok, uhmm the mag has 2rds in it and 1 in the chamber?
>I said as is faggot take it or leave it!
U-uh o-ok...
>>
>>31002984
It is used but looks to be in nearly new condition. Only minor holster wear.
Where I live they seem to go for about $650 to $750 new for the base models.
>>
>>31002981
Steoger makes pistols? Holy shit since when? Or are they under a different name but same factory?
>>
File: 14713594028481839433432.jpg (876KB, 1458x2592px) Image search: [Google]
14713594028481839433432.jpg
876KB, 1458x2592px
>>31003019
Lol. Pretty much how it happened. It was a Vietnam vet moving to Cali. He didn't have it showcased or anything. Everytime I see a yard sale I ask if they have any guns or knives for sale.
>>
>>31003123
How hard is it to come by extra mags?
All the mags I see on the beretta site seem decent price at $29-$40 a mag new.
Are there 3rd party manufacturers that make good mags at a decent price?
Also if I wanted to put a light or laser on for shits and giggles, how would I do it without the integral rail?
I suppose one reason I wanted it besides decent price and sexy look is I have "big" hands and have always had a hard on for full metal frame and safety catch. Being it is my first handgun I also wanted a 9mm so it is easier to learn on for $/rd and less recoil.
>>
Decent price on a great gun.
NOT great for concealed carry.
>>
>>31003294
Don't listen to this guy. If you have big hands, chances are you are a big guy. Concealing a full size pistol is relatively easy if your body is built for it. Plus id rather have a full size pistol than a subcompact or micro pistol for defense.
>>
>>31002947
$475 for a 92FS is a decent deal, especially if it's new. No one should pay more than $500 for a NIB 92FS (before tax, S&H and/or FFL transfer)

Personally I think it's the best value semi-auto on the market. They're more reliable than people tend to give them credit for because of the sordid history of the M9 (that's another post altogether). They're super accurate, decently customizable, good ergos, good trigger, etc.

Hell, people are often comparing them to Sig P226s which cost twice as much. To each their own (I'll take a 92FS obviously) but you can't argue that the 92FS is the better value.

>inb4 weight

They're lighter than any full size metal framed gun, but due to the large grip they give the impression of being beastly. Thinner VZ grips actually help quite a bit for people with that issue.

>>31003271
Mec-gar 18rd flush fitting mags are the shit, I don't use anything but those and have never had a failure with any of the six I own through thousands of rounds. I've literally used the factory 15rd mags that came with them the first time I shot them and never again since.

>>31003294
>NOT great for concealed carry.
Aside from the safety (the WC lo-pro safety is king) I think this is the major drawback. But it wasn't designed to be a CC pistol.

>>31003318
>If you have big hands, chances are you are a big guy
Unfortunately that's not the case for all of us, I would carry it if I could but without a jacket I can't get away with it.
>>
>>31003294
Never said I planned on concealing it. Once I have my LCF I will get something like a glock compact or sub.
>>
>>31003346
>big hands
>big body
>5'10" 285 sadface.jpeg
At least being a land borne sea cow would help me conceal it kek. Planning on getting into an actual workout regiment, like daily jogs and such.
Unfortunately it is used not new, but it looked to only have minor holster wear(less than service issue wear) and they seem to go for about $675 and up new in my area at big box stores. I personally like to help local shops if they seem fair in price and helpfulness.
The shop owner was able to deal with my inexperienced dumbass on 3 separate occasions finger fucking all his stock, and he was still helpful and informative even when he knew I wasn't buying anything at the time. I feel he has earned a chance at my business and has so far earned my attention and respect.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 736x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 736x513px
From the feed back I'm getting, I am guessing it is a good first gun but not gods gift to man(kinda knew that already).
Now further down the road either on a new 92FS or after touching the wear up on mine, what do you guess think of wood grips like pic related or the stars grips?
>>
>>31004200
It looks good with the wood grips.
>>
You did good. Great pistol with plenty of cheap mags available.

I carry one during the fall and winter months in a IWB holster. Not as bad as you may think.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>31004200
>I am guessing it is a good first gun

92FS is a fantastic first gun, anon.

I have owned several semi-autos in various calibers and shot plenty more in my life, aside from a good 1911 the Beretta 92 platform is my favorite.

>but not gods gift to man

It's not, that would be either the Wilson Combat 92G-SD or the Beretta M9A3... I still can't decide which one I want to end up getting.

I was killing time in Houston one day and ran around to three gun stores, two of them (Collectors and Athena) had the WC, and it's glorious. But none of them had the M9A3, both said they couldn't keep them in stock for more than an hour. Decisions, decisions...
>>
>>31002947

475 NiB? That's a steal, OP.
>>
>>31003035
Look up the stoeger cougar, it's basically a px4 or maybe the other way around
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>31003035
>Steoger makes pistols? Holy shit since when? Or are they under a different name but same factory?
>>31005139
>Look up the stoeger cougar, it's basically a px4 or maybe the other way around
Stoeger Cougar is the former Beretta 8000-- Stoeger is owned by Beretta and uses the same tooling to continue to make the Cougar.

It's a hard to beat pistol as well, and you're right, it's basically just a metal framed PX4 (the exact same action) with a 92 feel to it.
>>
>>31003318
for you
>>
>>31005139
They like actual grease though because of the rotating barrel.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.