[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney guard freaked out over handgun carry license

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: _20160816_091046.jpg (213KB, 1077x1041px) Image search: [Google]
_20160816_091046.jpg
213KB, 1077x1041px
Chatting with my uber driver and apparently he is pro 2nd A. Considering moving to Texas. Pulling into the resort the Uber driver uses his carry license to show ID and the security says,

Security: "don't even show me that, where is your ID?"

Uber driver "that is a valid state ID" (smiles)

Security, "don't show me that, why are you smiling, I'm serious?"

Uber driver (takes out driver license) "here"

Security "next time don't show me that"
Wtf is up with ppl? Do carry licenses cause PTSD or something? I recommended that the Uber driver move to Texas where his rights are more respected.

Thoughts?

Btw this happened in Florida, not Commiefornia
>>
>>31001544
What a pussy faget
>>
File: 1469555837432.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469555837432.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>Btw this happened in Florida, not Commiefornia
>>
>>31001544
I feel the text makes this image a lot less potent.
>>
He was simply unaware that was valid ID
Pretty shit for him but know that if he brings it up with management he'll get corrected
Shit like this happens sometimes, I had my driver's licence rejected once and I said "what the fuck?" And he snapped out of it
>>
Next time just ask to speak to his manager and watch the blood drain from the wageslave's face.
>>
>>31001840

You've never worked any kind of customer service industry before have you? I really never got people like you. Apparently you think you can get someone fired because they're following company policy too diligently? At worst his manager is going to tell him it's a valid ID and likely thank him for being so diligent but to allow similar IDs in the future. Just as likely his manager will tell him to tell anyone bringing that shit to fuck off because it's not a drivers license and fuck it right or wrong we're not risking it. Nobody ever gets punished for being too cautious which is largely why people in the service industry are so inflexible about everything. The only thing that could have gotten the guard fired in that situation was not checking at all.
>>
>>31001867
>fired
Don't be a dipshit. He'd be reprimanded for not knowing how to do his job, no more no less.
>>
>>31001871

Did you miss the large portion where I mentioned that was the more likely scenario? I was commenting on the poster above me power tripping over the issue. Again unless his boss is a HUGE dick it's not even going to be a proper reprimand. It's just going to be a "hey thanks for being so on top of everything Bill but that's actually valid so just keep that in mind in the future."
>>
>>31001879
No.
>>
>>31001886

Yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 803x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 803x461px
Don't fucking move to Austin if the Uber driver incident triggered you. Austin outlawed ride sharing because it was putting cabbies of the Democratic People's Republic of Austin out of work.
Gotta keep those cabbies working because apparently they stimulate the economy more than tourists using ride-sharing apps.
California killed Austin a few years ago, anything left is Mufasa refusing to let his land go to shit.
>>
>>31001894
It's still more gun friendly than most other places. Majority of Austin just doesn't give a shit.
>>
File: 1469336373369.jpg (28KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1469336373369.jpg
28KB, 320x232px
>>31001886
Yes. Have you ever had a boss? Most managers don't like to fire or harass trained employees for minor infractions.
>>
>>31001886
>>31001890

Internet arguments in a nutshell
>>
>>31001915
>Majority of Austin just doesn't give a shit
For the most part yes. Don't go anywhere near west campus and if you're an open carry guy avoid the domain. Those are the two places where you will not be welcome, legal protection or not.
Manchaca is the last bastion of the original south Austin if you don't branch out west.
>>
>>31001956
Very very true. Hopefully it'll start to shift back, but I doubt it.
>>
>>31001840
Wageslave here, I fucking love it when they ask to see my manager. Nine times out of ten, they just get told the same thing again, which inevitably causes them to go off about calling corporate.
Either way, it's not my problem.
>>
>>31001544
>Security "next time don't show me that"
>y he do that?
Think of it like brownbagging a 40. I'm pretty sure Disney disallows weapons of any kind on the premises. His job to make sure that people comply with that rule. Before you showed him the CCL he didn't have to care about whether you were armed, but once you showed it to him he has reasonable suspicion that you are breaking the rules by being armed. You're putting him in an uncomfortable position where it's his job to kick you out of the park.
>>
>>31001567

Understand, Disney attracts people from all across the world, even within it's workforce. You'll get quite a few liberals in Orlando/Kissimmee area.

Fortunately, the moment you go outside of Orlando, the amount of liberals drops significantly.
>>
>>31002591
This and he knows you're working and not there for anything malicious, so he doesn't want to kick you out and cause some ordeal over nothing.
>>
>>31001894

Let me help you since you completely misunderstand prop 1.

Proposition 1 in Austin was a bill put forth by "ridesharing" companies to allow them to ignore all local laws that apply to "cabbies" while not paying anywhere near the same taxes that "cabbies" have to pay.

Here's an outline

Austin Without Prop 1:
Uber and Lyft pay a lot less in taxes than Taxi Companies
Uber and Lyft drivers are not allowed to stop in the middle of the road to pick up or drop off fares
Uber and Lyft are required to have their drivers go through the same background checks and fingerprinting that cabbies go through
Uber and Lyft are required to pay for these background checks themselves, since these are THEIR FUCKING EMPLOYEES because they are a company.

Austin if Prop 1 had passed:
Uber and Lyft continue to not pay anywhere near as much in taxes as cabbie companies
Uber and Lyft are not required to background check or fingerprint their employees (There was a chance they were just going to make the TAX PAYERS PAY FOR THEM((If you can't understand why it's fucked that the Tax payers would have to pay for background checks for a private company, you shouldn't be voting)))
Uber and Lyft are allowed to stop in the middle of the road to pick up and drop off fares, blocking Austin's already incredibly crowded four-lane downtown roads.

Prop 1 was absolutely corporate dickery, it was Uber and Lyft trying to write the laws so that they could get a leg up on the competition and make the tax payers foot the bill for their increased profits.

Prop 1 was fucked, Uber and Lyft left the area because they're great big whiny babies but we already have several large locally owned and operated ridesharing companies to take their place who follow all the laws.
>>
>>31001840
That's not how managers work
In my experience in a call centre, you're less likely to get anywhere with a manager as they're already annoyed you asked for one.

But yeah OP, that staff member was a retard
>>
I would have ejected him.

Show your drivers license. If you take your carry license out, all your doing is confirming you have a gun on your person while trying to have a dick waving contests.
>>
>>31002591
This... Is actually a reasonable argument

NOT ON MY /k/
>>
>>31002706
It's all the dumb fuckers here who treat their piece like they're a child walking around with a gameboy that give people valid reasons to hate gun nuts. They can't wait to show it off to everyone because it makes them "special".
>>
>>31001544
he probably has some stupid fucking directive to search the fuck out of someone presenting any evidence of a weapon whereupon entering didney property and wtite a report on it.

you're making somebody do a bunch of work
>>
>>31002591
This so much common sense people.
>>
>>31001894
Because I feel like elaborating with another example let me demonstrate how fucking stupid Prop 1 was just by concept.

Say you had a lot of McDonalds restaurants in your town and all of a sudden "Burgerfly" moves in to try to take over the market.

Burgerfly sells the same food at dramatically lower prices at first but ramps up their prices to ridiculous levels at lunch and dinner time. (Uber did this during high-traffic times and events). A point has to be made here. Burgerfly sells food. Mcdonalds sells food. Both are restaurants by every stretch of the imagination, but Burgerfly allows their employees to work on their own schedule and come and go as they want. Burgerfly is a restaurant with a unique hiring process and employee management.

For a little while Burgerfly's definition of itself as a "foodventure" allows them to ignore a lot of local health and safety laws and not pay taxes on the food they buy because they claim it's not for commercial use, like how produce has no tax at the grocery store.

One day the local laws change and all "Foodventure" stores must follow the same laws as restaurants and, well, you can understand from here.

That's how fucking absurd uber and lyft are. They provide the same exact service as cab companies but they want to call themselves something different and not have to follow the laws on taxis.
>>
Maybe there are no guns allowed, and he doesn't want the hassle of trying to turn you away. If you break the rules and carry where you're not supposed to, that's on you, but if you break the rules and he knew about it, it's on him too.
>>
>>31001867
Lol I told some faggot to fuck off and that I didn't care about about his problems when he tried to jew the price down on some burger. Asked to see my manager and I called him over and he acted all mad at me in front of the customer then as soon as the guy fucked off we just laughed about it and called that guy an asshole faggot then went in the back and smoked a joint. Manager's give no shits behind a customers back.
>>
>>31001867
>>31001879
>>31002166

You guys have never worked for disney.

Complaints even without merit are tagged onto the employee, get enough and you're gone, theres even a way to to report an employee just so they get one of these black marks. in fact just being caught on a cell phone camera just being around an accident in the park like a kid falling out of a ride or something will get you fired regardless if you had anything to do with it.

Working for the mouse is no normal wageslave job, and the guard in this case would have gotten in trouble if the guest took the time to go through the bullshit
>>
>>31002591
Sounds like the uber driver was still in the car. So it doesn't matter as long as the gun was in the car.
>>
>>31001867
This. I often wonder how long it's been since some of these people have worked retail or if they have at all. I work at Lowes and it never ceases to amaze me how many people think a wageslave hired by a corporation like me cares if they go to Homedepot or that I somehow get a commission for upselling them a more expensive item.
>>
>>31002725
>hey provide the same exact service as cab companies but they want to call themselves something different and not have to follow the laws on taxis.

And that's why they are good. They provide a different service (p2p on call, instead of a local 24/7 fleet) that out-competes the previous niche...and in order to do that successfully, they have to route around the dumb regs made for that inferior preceding service.

Hence, they're regulated as a car-service company, not a taxi company.

tl;dr evading the law is half the fucking point.
>>
>>31002867
Doesn't matter. Disney parks, hotels, parking lots, resorts and all property owned by Disney all have the the same weapons policy. The prohibition extends to employees as well because the explosives permit Disney has for their fireworks shows lets them take advantage of a loophole in Florida law mandating the right for employees to even have weapons in their cars at all.

It's shitty, but the security officer is not in the wrong here. He was actually a nice guy trying to say "hey don't tell me you're armed because then I have to be an asshole" and trying to set a precedent with the Uber driver without actually having to say it.

>>31002741
An employee is not going to get in trouble for following company policy.
>>
>>31001894
Jesus Christ, statists in Texas of all places.
Better get your rope, Johnny.
>>
>>31002906
Lol they're a taxi company with a very good hailing app. They're nothing special and shouldn't be treated as such and shouldn't be allowed to circumvent LOCAL laws specifically leveraged to take away their legal advantage.

They were better than taxis, everyone used them before taxis so they shouldn't have had to rewrite the laws.
>>
>>31001915
I go to school here UT Austin students are the biggest babies when it comes to firearms. I fucking hate it and I live in West campus but I'm keeping my guns with me anyway because fuck austin
>>
>>31001730
It often does.
>>
>>31002677
>t. butthurt cabbie
>>
>>31002952
If it's in the guys car, they can't do shit. It's the drivers property. It's the same reason why you can keep your carry piece in your car at work even if they don't allow weapons. Unless it's the post office unfortunately.
>>
>>31003570
Must be nice not living in California.
>>
>>31001544
Well one time i accidentally gave some tsa dude my cc license instead of drivers at checkpoint, and he was like you're not carrying right now are ya? And i was like whoops and we had a laugh since it was like 3 am inside of terminal flight connection stuff and i was half asleep and obviously wasn't carrying on the plane i had just got off of etc...
>>
>>31002166
Whenever someone asks to "see my manager" i say nigga i am you manager, get the fuck out, youre banned for life.
>>
>>31003570
A private property owner can't force someone to leave that property for any reason except reasons related to protected classes as long as that person is inside their personal vehicle? Have fun with your imminent charge of armed trespass, m8.

>It's the same reason why you can keep your carry piece in your car at work even if they don't allow weapons.
I already explained why this isn't applicable for Disney employees in Florida, and there isn't a law protecting an employee's right to a gun in their car in California so they don't have that right either.
>>
>>31002999
Actually one of the most important thing that ridesharing apps do that taxi's do not is take you outside the normal service ring. In past Taxi service they would charge way more than Uber/Lyft if you took them outside the city/service ring, or wouldn't serve you at all, because they needed to loiter around high traffic areas to get it done. By making a nebulous network where the drivers own their own cars, but are inspected/insured by the parent company, Uber/Lyft have increased coverage and lowered fares. Some of the taxi laws should be brought over, but in general they are shit and big parent taxi companies use them to squash competition. Uber/Lyft spit in their faces and make them adapt which is why taxi companies are kicking and screaming like children. They've had many decades to improve, but they pretty much stopped in the 70s. There will be more regulations as time goes on, but Lyft/Uber will be the future because what they offer is a much broader network of transport without gigantic infrastructure costs/central dispatch run by people.
>>
>>31001544
To be fair, may not be an acceptable form of ID for the private company.

When I used to sell cellphones, we could only take a valid drivers license, passport, or military ID as acceptable ID per company policy.

One guy tried to convince me that his state prison ID was an "acceptable state ID" because it was issued by the state. This was obviously not the case. He was also flagged as fraud because he happened to want 4 of the most expensive phones but did not want them activated.
>>
>>31003570
So by that logic you can have a firearm in a military base as long as it is in your car?
>>
>it's an "am I being detained?" thread
>>
>>31004125
A military base is legally defined as federal property, and firearm ownership protected areas is prohibited by law.

There is no law that says "You can't have a gun in your car if your car is on private property" since you're allowed to have a gun in most places in your vehicle, which is defined in those states as an extension of your home you're legally in the clear.

Since a military base, and other locations such as court houses, schools and churches explicitly have laws saying you can't bring weapons onto those properties, then it's illegal.

This isn't logic, this is law we're talking about.
>>
I love how a bunch of retards itt couldn't even read the OP properly and thought OP showed his ID. If you lack basic reading comprehension you probably shouldn't be posting retarded bullshit on the internet just to prove how retarded you are.
>>
>>31003862
Michigan is pretty nice
>>
>>31001544
Actually it depends on what it was required as an ID. If you buy alcohol in Florida, only specific IDs are acceptable, Ie: Driver license, a State issued ID (it looks similar to an underage Drivers license), Military ID or a passport. Notice that a carry permit is not a valid ID for that purpose.
>>
>>31006269
Nod really. T. Detroit anon
>>
>>31001544
Did you know there was no such thing as a suiside bomber or Ieds before American invasion?
>>
>>31003391
> t. Baby murderer
>>
>>31006828
>suiside bomber
is that a type of drink?
>or Ieds
i believe it. a lot of third world countries are still using incandescent bulbs
>>
>>31002741
>just being caught being around an accident will get you fired

That doesn't make sense at all. So you're saying if an accident happens all Disney employees are supposed to completely ignore it and fail to respond to the situation or render aid to any customers, thus exposing their company to potentially millions of dollars of liability due to their negligence, because doing their job for some reason gets them fired?
>>
>>31006890
I was thinking the exact same shit. He forgot to capitalize LEDs
>>
>>31006860
I murdered 12 this week alone.
Don't turn into number 13.
>t. abortion doctor, specializes in pre term and post birth abortions
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.