[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abbotsford International Airshow 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: snowbird.jpg (91KB, 415x293px) Image search: [Google]
snowbird.jpg
91KB, 415x293px
Howdy /K/, I got a few funny stories from this years Abbotsford International Airshow's after party that'd i'd like to share, one in particular involving the CAF Snowbirds.

I don't really post my own threads on 4chan, nor do i really write about personal experiences all that often, so please bear with me.
>>
At the airshow there's this sort of famous after party called "Hanger 13" that most of the performers go to, one of the volunteers i worked with who had been volunteering for a long time told me that it sort of has this infamous reputation, and didn't really get all that much into it, saying that "You need to experience it for yourself". It being my first year volunteering decided to go to it, I went friday after the Twilight and had a few beers and got some interesting stories to tell, (I'll post about those later), but for the most part it was uneventful compared to Saturday's after party.
>>
So Saturday rolls around, it was hot, busy, and a long day. So I was really looking forward to that nights party. 6pm rolls around and I catch a ride across the tarmac to Hanger 13. I show up and its pretty quiet, I go and talk to some Sea King pilots and crew to kill time, we slam a few beers, build a tower out of the cups, and talk about how they manage to land that big helicopter on the small decks of frigates. Eventually people start turning up, most of the Americans show up, a lot the "senior staff" for the airshow were there but the ratio of military to civilians was about 3-1. An hour and some go by when eventually some of the Snowbird crew turns up, I believe it was 4 of the pilots in the red flight suits and a lot of the technical staff, 10 or so in total. I mingled for a bit longer but before long I was approached by a bald man in a red flight suit who i overheard was being called "Johnny". He elbows into the circle of people im talking to and asks in thick Quebec accent, "Do you speak french?"

I reply, thinking he was just trying to make small talk with, "No, not really enough to hold a conversation."

He then stiffens up and explodes at me, screaming "Fuck you buddy, take off the shirt. You don't deserve to wear it, you don't respect our language." and all sorts of other profanities. For a good 10 minutes he gives me this routine that could be compared to a drunken cross between "Drill instructor" and "Roast" before calling over some sergeant in the Canadian reserves and briefs him on the crime that is my shirt. He also explodes at me, giving me a similar rhetoric. At this point i was like, "Fuck it, I don't want to be around these guys if theyre gonna be like this all night".

So I fuck off and find some american Avionics tech i met the previous night named Dave, we talk some more and he leaves, and i mingle once more until eventually I settle in with the same Sea King crew. Johnny returns, with Sgt Frog in tow...
>>
They both waste no time, getting back to roasting me. This goes on for another 30 minutes. I normally a pretty thick skinned guy, Their initial barrage of insults and junk didn't really get to me, but I'm a civilian, I don't have to put up with this, I just came out to have a good time. So i pipe up, very frustrated i say to them "If you want the shirt off me so bad, pay me for it."

He stops for second, before reaching into his wallet and pulling out a 20. I take it, strip out of my shirt and walk over to the nearby drink ticket booth and get change. I get back to him hand him the shirt, hand him the 10$ and ask "Are we cool?"

He smiles, laughs and says. "Oh man, you are awesome" and accepts the money and shirt and then extends his hand. We shake gives me a hug, and then gestures to the other Sgt and we do the same. He then bought me a drink and then a few hours after that I went home.

I have to say it was a 10/10 time, I would volunteer again.

And if you're reading this Johnny, I hope you like the shirt, because you owe me one. And a case of beer.
>>
uh wtf shirt were you wearing?

also when are you fucks just going to kill quebec niggers already?
>>
>>30999832
I was wearing a blue "Quebec" shirt with a white fleur de lis emblem on the front
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>30999832
Only pic of the shirt I have is from a few months ago
>>
File: cup tower.jpg (40KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
cup tower.jpg
40KB, 720x960px
>>30999865
Pic of that awesome tower me and the Sea King dudes made, It was awesome because we were drunk as fuck and we managed to get it that high
>>
>>30999946
Holy shit Canadians are ugly.

2004 wanted it's haircuts back in 2012 bro.

Also, is that your little brother wearing the Russian Navy shirt?
>>
>>31000031
:C
>>
>>30999992
>man who has been drinking longer than OP has been alive, and lands helicopters on some shitty Leaf Boat.
how does he stack 12 plastic cups so precisely?
>>
>>31000052
That dood was the mechanic i think, and I was fairly drunk
>>
>>31000050
You wanna sell me your shirt of cultural missappropriation?
>>
>>30999832
Their regional government will do it for them.
>>
>>31000068
cucked by Jacques the frenchy greasemonkey
>>
>>31000072
How much?
>>
>>31000084
THey need land to settle all of the new Syrians>>31000092
$
>>
>>31000092
$5 CDN
>>
Also a quick photo i grabbed on Sunday of the F35A's fueling up
>>
>>31000118
talk to the frog, he has it now

i'll laugh my ass off if i see a photo with it poking out from beneath the flight suit
>>
>>31000126
Could you had possibly uploaded a smaller photo?
>>
>>31000142
My camera was out of film, All i had was my phone, although i did get some nice shots of it on the static display line before we opened
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.