[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question time with /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

So in Jarhead
The A10 friendly-fire scene. Was it just a baf mistake or did the pilots mistake our lovable group of misguided children for terries because numbnuts in pic related broke formation?
>>
>>30997803

Well, I just watched the scene and I think it looks retarded. The A-10 barely shot any rounds. A real A-10 strafing run would sound like thunder. The GAU-8 fires at 60 rounds per second. Also, the A-10's in the scene were flying low enough that they easily should have recognized friendlies and pulled away.
>>
>>30998077

pretty much this.

it's not pug-face's fault, i don't think it even hints it's his fault. just another blue on blue caused by trigger happy zoomies. i want to say it's so ridiculous as to be fictional but jarhead is based on a memoir right?
>>
>>30998077
>>30998564

There is also the fact that the black sergeant barely seems to even care. He doesn't even bother to call in and report a blue-on-blue.
>>
>>30998564

when you provide the only air support out there, then you have the lion's share of blue on blue, both air to ground and SAFIRE.
>>
>>30998612

NCO was probably jaded as fuck.

it couldn't have been pug-face's fault even if he has shot and landed hits on the a-10s with an iraqi weapon, the us vehicles were there.

>>30998619
i honestly cannot comprehend what it would feel like to fuck up a target and then later be told you hit friendlies. instant PTSD and with 10 year minimum alcoholism with 50/50 chance of suicide. probably only psychopathic pilots would be able to shrug it off.
>>
>>30998698
>i honestly cannot comprehend what it would feel like to fuck up a target and then later be told you hit friendlies.

I saw a cockpit video of a 2 man Apache helicopter where they did just that. They misidentified friendlies, fired at them them, and 3 minutes later they got stand down orders as it starts to come in through the comm channels that they just hit allies.

The rest of the video is 15 minutes of tear jerking moments between the pilot and co-pilot as the professional as fuck combat controller tells them to continue the mission and basically says "These things happen".
>>
>>30998772

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-wr8_qRBQ
>>
File: 1443920682810.jpg (329KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443920682810.jpg
329KB, 800x600px
>>30998895
>>
>>30997803
It happened twice in Desert Storm: Once with Marines (didn't happen to Swoff's unit though) and once to a British Unit.

Ever since A-10 pilots avoid causing fratricide, it's something they push really hard after UPT

>>30998619
>Lionshare of Blue on Blue

Nope, that title goes to the B-1 for most friendlies killed
>>
>>31001094
B1 what the hell is that
>>
>>30998895
Did they get court marshalled?
>>
>>31001668
the air mission commander was a colonel or something that shouldn't have been there but was so eager to get the first apache kill that he lit up some friendlies

He should have IFF and recognized that he was shooting a 113 or Bradley and was fired from his position later on
>>
>>31001094

He's probably still right in spirit, then, since the B-1B provided the most CAS, IIRC.
>>
>>30998895

Absolute shit. Literally just bloodthirsty retards.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 128x172px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 128x172px
I know we all love the Tomcat but one of the better videos about the invasion of Iraq was the one by BBC cameramen and Kurd forces getting blue on blue'd by an F-14 in June 2003.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-VWqTnV94
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.