[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everytime I see this scene I have so much rage, even if it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
Everytime I see this scene I have so much rage, even if it is almost 20 years old. Does /k/ get the triggered like I do?
>>
Is this when he doesn't save the guy from being stabbed?
>>
>>30994546
Yeah

Oddly enough, the German soldier just walks past him afterwards, and doesn't do anything
>>
>>30994513

I'd do the same thing, look after yourself first. Only neverserveds think they would save their buddies in combat.
>>
>>30994513
No. You get triggered over a movie scene because you're retarded, and some how you think you could have handled a real world situation similar to that one differently.

Consider ingesting a large amount of drain cleaner.
>>
>>30994513
Yea
>>
File: 1470642022569.jpg (302KB, 800x685px) Image search: [Google]
1470642022569.jpg
302KB, 800x685px
>>30994582

Got u famalamadingdong
>>
>>30994560
Well, he did just get out of a brutal hand-to-hand battle. Plus it's not like the guy who is balling his eyes out on the stairs is going to be a threat. He probably just wanted to leave.
>>
>>30994578
He's also a rear echelon technician who has never seen combat getting thrown into a giant battle for the first time.
>>
>>30994560
he walked past him because he was the only one that showed him compassion when the nazi solider was a captive.
>>
>>30994732
Wrong soldier. That isn't Steamboat Willie. They just all look the same because Spielburg ordered the reenactors they had play the Germans shave their heads. The reenactors actually protested that because the Germans did not shave their heads, but Spielburg was adament.
>>
>>30994643
Nice watermark.
>>
File: 1469668286818.jpg (188KB, 1200x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1469668286818.jpg
188KB, 1200x1565px
>>30994513
You get triggered by events that in all logical understanding could have and did happen to soldiers?

You get triggered by a soldier who is only on the front line because he could translate and hadn't fired his weapon since BASIC?

You get triggered by a soldier who has a child like understanding of love and life having a breakdown on a staircase as he brings himself to the bloodied screams and calls of a man he subconsciously knows he can not help?

You get triggered by what war does to a man not prepared for it?

I'm triggered just reading your post.
>>
>>30994513
>almost 20 years old
HOLY FUCK....how....what year is it?
>>
>>30994513
You were supposed to.

It's exactly what happened in real life after all.

The German fools everyone, thinking he's a good guy and just following orders. And then kills the Jew while the rest of the world (Upham) just stands by and lets it happen.
>>
>>30995058
atheism 1

christianity 0

trips on fodora as he leavs a
>>
>>30994513

I do. Sure, the guy he let die was a Jew, but still, this little faggot was an original SJW. They should have taken him to the side and thrown him in some barbed wire and then lit the fuck on fire just to watch him die in agony while rolling in more pain.
>>
>>30994560

He walked past him because he knew Upham was a pussy and wouldn't hurt him.
>>
>>30995103
The movie is 18 years old. It's from 1998.
>>
>>30994766
This is because he wanted to make them look like skinheads, because he's a retarded shithead.
>>
>>30994513

No

It's just a movie
>>
>>30994578
You must have been a shitty soldier then.
>>
Upham didn't "become a man" for finally killing willie, he lost his innocence after seeing the horrors of war. He killed willie in cold blood after he surrendered and after willie recognized him as the only person who was "nice" to him. Upham didn't even learn a lesson, he let the others go, but only killed Willie in revenge (again, you can't blame willie for rejoining the fight). It was senseless.

The point is no matter how much you believe otherwise, the world is fucked up and war is terrible. People seem to think upham is a coward who "grew balls", but that's not the point of his character.
>>
>>30994513
Then you completely missed the point
>>
>>30995264
ITS NOT STEAMBOAT WILLIE THEY JUST LOOK TOO SIMILAIR
>>
I actually cannot bring myself to watch that movie simply because of that scene. I'm afraid I'd put my fist through the tv
>>
>>30995607
I know I'm just explaining why him being a "pussy" and "growing balls" are both wrong.
>>
>Tfw band of brothers aired 34 years ago

I still can't watch that scene without raging though.
>>
>>30995675
What is even going on in this post

Band of brothers aired 15 years ago, and that scene is from Saving Ryans Privates
>>
>>30995607
No, the guy he shot was Steamboat Willie. The guy who killed Melish and passed him on the stairs was not Steamboat Willie.
>>
>>30995620
So, you're saying the scene worked completely as intended?
>>
>>30995780
Yeah pretty much. Really gets to me
>>
>>30995218
>because he's a retarded shithead.
Just say it: Jew
>>
>>30995757
Nah man it aired in the 90s and that's the scene where slick Willie can't shoot the Nazi played by Jason Statham after he kills Vin Diesel with a knife coated in white phosphate.

>Saving Ryan's privates

Nice Freudian dick though
>>
>>30995820
Nothing Freudian about it :^)
>>
WHO THE FUCK IS STEAMBOAT WILLIE
>>
>>30996268
savingprivateryan.wikia.com/wiki/Steamboat_Willie

There really is a wiki for everything
>>
It triggers me and badly.

Because there really are guys who would break in a situation like that.

Like to most people you are shouting at the screen "you can just go fucking shoot him in the back, he is busy fighting some other dude right now he isn't even looking your way get the fuck up faggot!" because that is what you expect a character in an action movie to do. But there are some guys who are just straight not cut out for being on the front lines and will 100% crack under that kind of pressure. Not even like they try to retreat or hide or do anything to survive, they just get frozen in place and literally can't make any kind of decision.

Its those kind of touches that make SPR such a good movie. My grandpa took me to see it without telling my parents when I was a kid because he said he wanted me to see how it really was when he told me stories about World War 2. I remember him grabbing my arm really hard during the D-Day scene.

Fucking shame it lost out at the Oscars to Shakespeare in Love because they said it "wasn't a very realistic film"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3q8tba_lw
>>
>>30994513
Yep, I still do. If I were the German soldier, I would've killed Upham as well for having failed his brother in arms and doing nothing as he bled away.
>>
>>30994578
1/10 shittiest bait ever.
>>
>>30996712
>Fuck your jew shill propaganda.

It's literally what Spielberg said.
>>
>>30995188
>the movie is old enough to post here
>>
>>30994513
Doesn't trigger me, I imagine shit like that happens all the time. I don't know if I would have done better, I hope so but you never know till you are there and so far I've been lucky enough not to have to find out.
>>
The one Scene where the Captain and Private Ryan are talking. and Ryan asks The cap to tell him about his wife and the roses.

And he says. No , I keep that one for myself.

That part fucks me up and continues to fuck me up every time i watch that movie.
>>
>>30997688
I don't get it.
>>
>>30994513
Just watched the scene
Never seen the movie myself but jesus christ I cannot understand why he would just bawl at the stairs like that and not save his comrade
>>
ITT:
>armchair warriors who have never been in a close quarters combat situation, much less fired their weapon in anger ever, accuse a fictional character of being a pussy because he acted exactly how they would act if they were ever thrown into such a situation with as much combat experience or training as he had (little to none)
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.