[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Hy1cUXz.jpg (877KB, 3392x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Hy1cUXz.jpg
877KB, 3392x2480px
How important is being able to accurately predict the weather in military operations?

I know they do a lot of checks when inserting men but once the mission is underway do they still need to keep an eye on weather patterns?

Also is there any way to accurately predict the weather by eye without the use of any instruments?
>>
>is there any way to accurately predict the weather by eye without the use of any instruments?

Yea, you fucking look at the sky.
>>
>>30991759
Yes?

Have you ever fought during a haboob or in heavy rain in the jungle?

Logistical nightmares occur when weather goes to shit
>>
File: photo_1471101113198.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1471101113198.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>30991759
You can predict the weather by looking at clouds (e.g altitude).
>>
>>30991759
Very.
Just ask History Channel about the D-day weather prediction.
They'll even throw aliens into equation.
>>
>>30991759
Quite. Bad weather negatively affects communications, comms stations can't operate in severe thunderstorms, air support can't see shit, or can even be grounded, rain turns shitty roads to mud and everyone's as fucking miserable as you can be during the summer.
>>
>>30991805
>>30991771
Any way on being more accurate rather than going, oh it looks a bit grey. I know different clouds mean different things but what.
>>
>>30991802
>Logistical nightmares occur when weather goes to shit
This
If the weather is warm and dry a soldier can fight in the same clouths for weeks
>>
>>30991816
Even more so during the Bulge. The way the Germans were moving, air support could have stopped the advance cold, and indeed did once the fog cleared.
>>
>>30991872
It's worth knowing but it mostly depends on what you are doing in my opinion. As a wildland firefighter the weather is a HUGE deal. A lot of fires I've been on have an IMET- Incident Meteorologist. Basically a meteorologist that figures out the weather for every division on the fire so they know exactly what's expected. Spot weather reports every hour on the hour broadcast to everybody on the fire are standard. Then again, fire is much more weather-dependant than shooting people.
Anyway, here's a link to S-190, which all firefighters need to get red-carded. It's mostly fire-related, but you should pick up some good info if you really have no fucking clue.
http://onlinetraining.nwcg.gov/node/169
>>
Isn't that an Air Force coms balloon?
>>
>>30991759
Knowing the wind conditions at height is vital to artillery support.
>>
>>30992593
combat weatherman
>>
>>30992508
It's a USAF SOWT team it's a weather balloon
>>
File: fronts.png (1MB, 992x968px) Image search: [Google]
fronts.png
1MB, 992x968px
>>30991872
Certain clouds can be indications of incoming fronts. Cold fronts generally push up the warmer air in front of them like a plow, while warm fronts push through colder air like the bow of a ship.
>>
>>30991872
>Yeah just give me a spoon so I can feed you this information.
>Oh, you need me to find the spoon too. You're useless.
Go Google this shit you faggot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.