[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 40

File: 1462448892796.jpg (142KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1462448892796.jpg
142KB, 1280x852px
I always get this mixed up, but was it that the
old mini-14's were trash,
and the new ones good,or the other way around?

Also, is an underfolder one legal in CA?
>>
File: fragezeichenmc3b6dchen.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichenmc3b6dchen.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
I have 2 simple DA/SA handgun questions:

what's the part called that "holds" the hammer in the cocked position until the trigger releases it (so it goes bang?)

also what is the part called that holds it in the uncocked or half-cocked position? Is it the same thing?
>>
>>30990400
old minis are innacurate, new are overpriced to the point where you should just buy an ar. underfolders dont exist maybe you are thinking about side. if you swap the stock in cali to something with a pistol grip you need a bullet button or equivilent.
>>30991882
the sear. usually there are multiple notches in the hammer one for full, half, etc all are held in place by the sear
>>
>>30991911
sear it is, thank you Anon.
>>
Europoor here
Getting guns is pretty hard here (Belgium)
First: yes, in a few months I will go to a shooting club, do my exams and get my licence to buy a real gun (9mm kaliber pistol)

But since it's hard to get a real rifle here, I want to buy a pellet gun for a decent price (it's not for self defense or anything, that's what the pistol is for)

https://www.shogun.nl/luchtdruk/geweren/crosman/crosman-phantom.html
https://www.dicks.nl/gamo-delta-4-5mm-luchtbuks-richtkijker-kogeltjes.html

I found these two, the Gamo Delta looks pretty China-tier

>inb4 buy a wooden one
I want to but they are expensive for just a pellet gun+
>>
File: 1361304134979.jpg (85KB, 953x827px) Image search: [Google]
1361304134979.jpg
85KB, 953x827px
I'm looking to get a shotgun, mostly for skeet shooting, maybe for home defense if I can't reach one of my other guns. Also going to be doing some fowl hunting, and I'd like it to be able to handle a black bear with slugs.

I'm looking at these two shotguns at a local shop.
http://shop.tropgun.com/product.remington-870-pump-12-ga-28-3-wood-black
http://shop.tropgun.com/product.remington-870-pump-12-ga-28-35-synthetic-black
I don't know much about shotguns, but it being able to use a 3.25" shell worth an extra $40? Also, if I can get a used maverick, 500 or 870 for less than $200, should I do that instead?
>>
>>30992057
Do those two use co2 cartridges?
>>
Someone just told me the firing pin block on modern hammer-fired pistols like SIG and HKs is disabled when the pistols are cocked. This seems retarded. Is this true?

I always thought they were disabled by the trigger being pulled.
>>
>>30992057
Between those 2, I'd take the Crosman.

I'd probably go with a gas piston model, but the only one I see on those sites at a similar price is a really wimpy gamo.
>>
>>30992057
webley vmx might be worth considering
>>
>>30993161
3.5 isnt worth it. its one of those things you will buy a box of once then never use again. partly cause of recoil mostly cause of price. even if the reason to have it is just incase and you planto mostly use 2 3/4 the pump has to travel further each shuck which sucks if you are used to other guns.
>>
Where can I get following at good price?

>plates
>carrier or iba/flack that has pockets for plates
>lid
>bulk ammo/mags
>>
File: astra.jpg (81KB, 1024x617px) Image search: [Google]
astra.jpg
81KB, 1024x617px
Can someone redpill me on these fucking guns?

Astra 1921. There's three of them at my local Cabela's for around $300. Someone gave me a gift card for $200 so I could walk out with any of the three for $100 out of my pocket.

Two say "9mm" and one says "9mm/38", but i see online that it takes 9mm largo and that some of the older ones ONLY take 9mm largo.

Is this a shit gun? I like old weird shit like this, i just want to make sure i'm buying a gun i can actually shoot regularly.

pls respond.
>>
File: download (1).png (285KB, 1096x726px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
285KB, 1096x726px
Should I /k/?

They are $150 with free shipping on Cabela's right now.

Is it actually a decent pistol? Or is it a walmart brand POS used to lure people curious about BP like me in?
>>
>>30996142
Forgot the link
>http://www.cabelas.com/product/Pietta-Model-Confederate-Navy-Caliber-Black-Powder-Revolver/740536.uts
>>
>>30996142
Don't bother.

BP is a pain in the ass to shoot and most ranges wont even let you do it there. The Pietta BP revolvers are passable quality but be honest with yourself, you are never going to shoot the thing. There is a reason people went on to use smokeless powder and cartridges.
>>
>>30996244
>most ranges wont even let you do it the
Speak for yourself.
>The Pietta BP revolvers are passable quality
All I needed to hear
> be honest with yourself, you are never going to shoot the thing.
See first statement, I enjoy fun.
>>
>>30996244
You sound like a fucking depressing scrub, who has never been good at anything in his life.

>>30996142
Piettas are alright. Do not be super surprised if you get timing problems after a few thousand shots. Fortunately, that will take you forever with BP. Uberti is much better for not much more money.
>>
>>30996986
>Piettas are alright. Do not be super surprised if you get timing problems after a few thousand shots
Good to hear, If I manage to actually fire a thousand shots I would be more amazed than anything.

>Uberti is much better for not much more money.
Well it might only be slightly more since BP is cheap, but it's literally over twice as much money pistol to pistol.
I find it hard to justify given how little I will use it, It would be more of off hand random kinda thing. Like maybe once a month fire 20 or so rounds for shits and giggles. Or let random people shoot it for shits and giggles.
>>
>>30996140
9mm Luger works in 9mm Largo Astras. It's like shooting .40 S&W in a 10mm Auto gun except it actually works.
>>
>>30997133
The pressure isn't too high? What about chamber length?

At least if my glawk blows up I'm gonna get showered with plastic. This Fucker is pure steel.
>>
wheres the place to look for a push to talk that will connect a yaesu FT-60r (single pin, small size, think headphone pulg) to Peltor comtac's (single pin, Large size, think its military standard(other than six pin style))
>>
>>30997324
Obviously you shouldn't shoot +P, and you might want to stick to 124gr stuff for maximum compatibility, but other than that I wouldn't worry about it.
If you reload, you could just roll your own 9mm Largo; Starline makes brass for it.
>>
>>30997366
Good info thanks man.
>>
>>30996986
Also, what all do you need to actually shoot one?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-11-14h14m48s807.png (216KB, 615x394px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-11-14h14m48s807.png
216KB, 615x394px
Any web page where I can buy a full uniform (with helmet) as pic related?

Also: I need that store can send me too that shit outside from U.S.A. I live in Argentine.
>>
>>30997696

Dude, just ask around Bariloche.
>>
Where does everyone place their cheek on an AR?
>>
>>30997758
On the stock.
>>
Do people still put their nose on the m16 charging handle?
>>
File: 1465052867685.jpg (967KB, 1194x4728px) Image search: [Google]
1465052867685.jpg
967KB, 1194x4728px
>>30990400
>>
File: image.jpg (364KB, 1089x1154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364KB, 1089x1154px
should I join the air force
>>
>>30997815
It's a great way to ensure a good, consistent cheekweld.
>>
>>30997815
When I was very first taught in basic in 2006, we were forced to do that. Outside of basic training nobody does it though.

If you have trouble getting a repeatable cheekweld, get a sticky backed velcro strip and put the soft side of the velcro on the stock where you put your cheek as a tactile marker for yourself.
>>
>>30996142
Do not. I bought mine and the timing mechanism broke after 24 rounds shooting light loads. Maybe mine was a fluke but I think they are so cheap because they don't expect the fuds that buy them to actually fire it.
>>
Should you clean and re-oil handguns right after purchasing one, or does it matter?
>>
>>30998426
there's nothing wrong with cleaning and oiling your gun, anon
plus it really depends on the gun and how dirty/used it is
>>
>>30998426
I oil and clean every gun I buy before shooting them. New or used.

If the gun is new, I like to remove any bullshit that might be in the barrel and to get rid of the factory grease.

If the gun is used, I just do it for peace of mind.
>>
Anyone got the Tokarev buying guide?
>>
can i buy a shotgun in missouri and transport it to illinois without any permits? i dont have any illegal attention but what i want is across the river.
>>
>>30998426
yes because the factory stuff isnt lube its just there to prevent rust
>>
>>30999477
[citation needed]
>>
I have a degree in aerospace engineering, should i join the airforce as an airman then work my way toward becoming am officer or should i appky for ots?
>>
File: image.png (164KB, 544x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164KB, 544x323px
No more cheap Mosins

No more good authentic AKs or SKS

.22 is still a chore to find

What happened? How can newfags even into? Is there a hope for the future?
>>
File: jeff cooper on rifles.jpg (192KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
jeff cooper on rifles.jpg
192KB, 700x525px
>>31000451
Most domestic rifle manufacturers are producing very, very nice introductory hunting rifles for $300-ish. The Ruger American and Mossberg Patriot spring to mind. And enough people have gotten into AR's that they can be had for around $500.
>>
At what point would the use of firearms be justified against ships and crews of modern eco-pirates?
>>
How do people tell the difference between dragunovs/tigers/PSLs/etc?
>>
Is the 1911 the greatest handgun of all time?
>>
>>31001548
it is synonymous with america, but I don't think it's the GOAT
>>
>>31000451
there is always hope as long as there are good men willing to fight
>>
>>31001552
Any ideas as to what the greatest might be or rather what might be on a list of say the ten best?
>>
>>31001575
glocks probably not the best but in the top 5
>>
How difficult is it to be admitted into the French Foreign Legion? How difficult is it to make it through training at Castelnaudary? Is there actual brotherhood/camaraderie or are there divisions amongst the various peoples (Slavs, Africans, Anglos, etc.)? How difficult is it to make your five years without being killed or deserting? What's the FFL's reputation in the martial world? Any tips/hints on getting in and staying in...

I know that things have changed...the FFL no longer accepts serious criminals, the ill, people that could/would be disqualified in other countries' military forces...

I have been dying to run a thread on the FFL forever and ever, but I don't frequent /k/ much and I kind of get the impression that an FFL thread would be the equivalent of an ESL thread on /trv/ or a baneposting thread on /tv/ et al. That is to say maybe people create a fantasy thread every week. "Let's run away to the FFL" etc.
>>
>>31001682
Difficult
Difficult
depends on who you're with
there's high desertion because you're the scum of the earth being shoved into the asshole of the world
they're tough as fuck
be tough as fuck (and speak french)

now they just get alcoholics, rapefugees, and sex offenders, enjoy your stay

basically a fantasy thread, but there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>31000386
>I'm a rocket scientist
>asking stupid question
Would you really prefer to be a bb stacker or be on a swat team for crap pay with a couple stripes on your sleeves?
>>
>>31001537
autism
>>
>>30995396
>plates
flea markets
>carrier or iba/flack that has pockets for plates
looking myself
>lid
flea markets
garage sales
>bulk ammo/mags
sgammo

>>30998108
did you clean it after every few shots?

>>30999398
not if you don't have an foid card

>>30999477
so what's it there for?

>>31000451
still surp rifles around for $100-$200 that you can find ammo for, they just aren't sold by online stores.

>>31001316
when they are shooting bullets at you
>>
File: p320.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
p320.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
You guys have 30 minutes to talk me out of a mint P320 compact 9mm in FDE for $300.
>>
>>31002869
What is that gap in the slide near the front? It looks like the little notch thing to breakdown the pistol, but it looks uneven.
>>
So how exactly am I supposed to wear a backpack and a chest rig and still use a sling on my AR? I might just be retarded, but it seems impossible to find a configuration where my rifle can be slung comfortably and stably across my back or front.
>>
>>31002869
Go fucking buy it. That's cheaper than police trade in glocks.
>>
>>31002109
Thanks for the info.

Does /k/ actually get any legionnaires current or former?
>>
File: P320-compact.jpg (772KB, 1200x754px) Image search: [Google]
P320-compact.jpg
772KB, 1200x754px
>>31002869
The P320 is a good gun but FDE is ugly as fuck

>>31003077
that's perfectly normal. pic related
>>
Can anyone tell me how to innaundaground in my back yard covertly? I have a slab-on-grade house that am going to cut under, then dig into my yard at a 45 degree angle down until I can build a comfy 20'*10'*8' little box.

Questions:
>how can I with a high water table? I was thinking of waterproofed concrete exterior with a membrane inside. I'd pressurize interior to keep water vapor from seeping through the pores.

>any one have any genius methods for underground construction without any top side excavation? Discretion is key.

>dirt removal. Any of you guise have ways to get rid of 60 yards of fill dirt discreetly without spending a year throwing it away little by little?

>how deep do I need to go to be "safe?"

>is there a way to mitigate damage from earthquakes and flooding?

Links to building methods appreciated
>>
pls no bully but im a new shooter and my fingers and hand are raw from my weak hands racking the slide and shit on my new shield (first gun ever) and i was wondering will my hands eventually not be gay and is there anything i can do to speed up the process? also my hands sweat quite a bit which makes it even harder for my weak ass to rack and release the slide and what not is there anything to do about that?
>>
>>31003937
Damn son, you need to go do some gardening or auto repair or something to take the bitch out of your hands. But anyway, whenever you're just sitting around not doing much, like shitposting or watching youtube or something, keep your gun nearby and just fuck around with it. Rack the slide, dry fire it, drop and reinsert mags, etc. Just kinda dick around with it and finger fuck it. Your hands will start to become more familiar with manipulating the weapon and you'll familiarize yourself with how it works and build up dexterity and strength. I'd invest in some snapcaps for you to practice with as I believe prolonged dryfiring on an empty chamber can damage your pin and its better to notice if you fucked up with a snapcap than with a live round. For the love of God ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO CLEAR YOUR WEAPON WHEN YOU PICK IT UP and ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FOUR RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY. For a new shooter it can be very easy to forget if its loaded or accidentally load it if you don't know what you're doing (I've done the second one. If somebody else hadn't noticed what I did it could have led to an ND.), and its a good habit to start at any rate. If you could try racking the slide like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiOq_uvCmg
>>
>>31004108
thank you very much for the advice and ive read all about safety for weeks before even getting a gun and dont even carry it loaded yet as i havent even been to the range with it. ive shot my dads kahr cw9 before but only two mags heh. yea ive started working out over the past year and doing more yardwork ive got calluses on my palms now but my fingers are still pretty weak.
>>
>>31004156
Just give it time, don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>31003937
I find new guns are a little stiff to start with. I like to unload it, then rack the slide and aim it at any dindu who comes on Netflix. Keeps me sharp, helps me get into my sights faster, and loosens up the gun. Plus it's fun to hear my wife comment when I point a gun at the TV whenever a melanin gentleman comes on.
>>
A buddy of mine sold me his fns 9mm. It's the model with the stainless slide. I've never done any gunsmith type work before but want to re-coat the slide and barrel to match the black grip. What do? Can't really find much Google wise.
>>
>>31003937
My hands were calloused before I shot anything. Manipulating a weapon built up the callouses I had and broke new skin. If the skin breaks you need time off and let that heal. If it just hurts it just hurts new callous' will form.
>>
>>31004108
Also to add onto this, clear the room where you are of live ammo. Last thing you want is to derp a live round into the mag instead of a snappy.
>>
>>31004287
>>31004480
haha
>>31004517
>>31004597
very good idea

thank you guys very much for the knowledge. my dad has quite a collection of guns and knowledge but its nice to have an entire board of knowledge and lack of and hear discussions and what not. ive only been lurking here for a few weeks and have learned a lot.
>>
>>31004625
Don't let what I say don't take that as gospel especially if you're impressionable. sometimes when it hurts, a blister forms. blisters break easily i've walked that shit off but sure as hell didn't want to look at it or let others. It hurst a lot but feels a lot better after.
>>
File: 452657745.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
452657745.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
non military fag here, what are these laces actually for? I never bothered to learn how to "properly" wear military pants
>>
File: IMG_20160816_150657.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160816_150657.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
What's the deal with the groove on my P2000 barrel? I can't find any info on it, and when I look up pictures of P2000 barrels, some have grooves and some do not.

I know the P2000 doesn't use an o-ring on the barrel like other HK pistols, and there's no o-ring here, it's just the groove cut into the outside.

My pistol's from 2009 if it matters. Anyone know what's up?
>>
>>31005145
blousing your boots
>>
>>31005222
everything I've seen for blousing has been done with separate elastic blousing bands
>>
Anyone know where to get an IWB holster for an FN 1903? Google gots nothing good.

Would something that fits a Tokarev work?
>>
File: 20160816_164322.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_164322.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31002869
>>31003077
>>31003439
>>31003481

Well I bought it. Great shooting gun, and will replace my glock as my nightstand and carry piece.
>>
File: oU1oPCm.jpg (121KB, 718x409px) Image search: [Google]
oU1oPCm.jpg
121KB, 718x409px
>>30990400
>>
>>31005157
Please respond.
>>
Carriers/plates in Nova Scotia, Canada - lots of conflicting information online and I've always had trouble figuring out how to look up actual laws.

Whats the deal?
>>
is material/battery technology sufficient at this point for man portable subsonic coilguns? In terms of functionally equivalent to chemically propelled projectiles, but much much quieter?

Or like a portable magnetic captive bolt pistol?

Both sound like they would be pretty handy espionage tools.
>>
>>31002852

Lmao at flea markets for plates. thanks
>>
sabot, rifled, vanila slug. what do i use in my not rifled barrel shotty?

also should i buy an upper in .50 beowulf or 300 blackout? its for my ruger 556.
>>
>>31005157
>>31006374

maybe it's for threading the barrel or something.
>>
Are GP-5 one size fits all?
>>
What is the cheapest .233/5.56 brass cased ammo that is in stock?
>>
>>31005284
That's personal preference and people buy those bands themselves. The strings are built in for blousing. You can also tie them up to turn your pants into water floaties to hang onto at sea (this is an official thing).
>>
What's a good price for a Mosin and where should I get one?
>>
>>31003443
i've seen a few here

>>31003581
build a pool at the same time to cover the construction, or put in a new "septic tank"

>>31005284
keeps the snakes out

>>31005917
see if ed will make you one
http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/EBCH/ebch.html

>>31006562
that's where i got mine, not nearly as common as $20 kevlar helmets. ymmv
>>
>>31007312
These days? $300 would be decent (not great, but not a ripoff).

A gun show or gun auction website (gunbroker etc.) would be a good place to find one. Heck even /k/. Start or post in a thread about things for sale and see what pops up.
>>
File: TopBreakLogo.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
TopBreakLogo.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone know what the fuck company this is? I don't recognize the logo. Not my gun so I don't have any other pictures, I saw a guy asking what it is and haven't seen a proper answer yet. It's a top-break revolver chambered in .38 S&W. I don't have any other information.
>>
>>31008291
probably a spanish smith knockoff, i'll try to find the manufacturer, but it really doesn't make any difference.
>>
>>30990400
RAS 47 or C39?
>>
File: husqvarna-M1907-02.png (3MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
husqvarna-M1907-02.png
3MB, 1632x1224px
Is carrying in a military/police style flap holster CC or OC?
>>
>>31009010
i'll flap your holster if you know what i mean
>>
>>31008487
no luck
>>
I was told that if you mix the right amount of vinegar with chlorine it turns it into weaponized class 6.2 poison.

What is the right amount/ratio of vinegar and chlorine to make this?
>>
>>31008291
Just a Saturday night special
>>
>>31008487
>>31009105
That's cool, thanks for checking anyway.
>>
>>31009124
If a "weaponized class 6.2 poison" is the kind that kills the occasional careless Mexican housekeeper, then you can probably make one with a simple 1:1 ratio.
>>
>>30990400
This picture always gives me the feels

we are two of soul
>>
File: Ccbo1e7[1].png (833KB, 1132x732px) Image search: [Google]
Ccbo1e7[1].png
833KB, 1132x732px
he dies like a faggot in this shitty movie

>daylights end
>>
Say I build an AR with a 20" barrel and rifle gas, with a carbine buffer and tube-

Would the resulting rifle still recoil like a carbine gas/barrel/buffer? Or does the rifle gas still make it recoil softly like a full length rifle?
>>
New to gun ownership, what would be the most recommended sling for a ptr 91? is there a super noticeable difference of a 3 point over a regular one? and how much am I looking at spending
>>
>>31009990
a carbine buffer tube with rifle gas will have less felt recoil than a carbine buffer with mid or carbine gas
however a rifle buffer tube with rifle gas will have even less felt recoil
>>
File: 1470018445428.jpg (101KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1470018445428.jpg
101KB, 500x666px
Do I need to do anything other than swap the barrel to convert an AR-10 (7.62/.308) to 6.5 creedmoor?
>>
File: Don't Ridicule Pls.png (495KB, 792x593px) Image search: [Google]
Don't Ridicule Pls.png
495KB, 792x593px
I'm looking for that cookbook /k/ has made, the vault, or whatever it's called. It apparently has all the information needed to survive post-happening.... Anyone got a link or something?
>>
File: fergusonSniper.jpg (34KB, 770x503px) Image search: [Google]
fergusonSniper.jpg
34KB, 770x503px
what's this rifle? and what do police snipers use besides?
>>
>>31012396
Might be a plain AR15 or AR10. Police also use the Remington R700
>>
>>31011869
https://murdercube.com/
there's a few to choose from there

my question is, my state in Australia classifies body armour as a fucking class E weapon. what'd be the most realistic way of me getting around that?
>>
>>30992057
hi anon, a fellow belgianfag here. I have my sportshootinglicense (ssl) for 2 years now and have bought my first 9mm pistol 4 months ago. If you have any questions, I'm glad to help out.
Do you already have your temporary ssl? If so you can already use all weapons under category's A,B,C, D and E under supervision. Already have a shooting club in mind?
>>
>>31012473

What's up with some of these links not working?
>>
>>31004494
Pay to have it Cerakoted, or pay more to have it nitrided.
The at home paint can products are OK, but I've never liked them in the long run.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-17-11-22-40.png (438KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-17-11-22-40.png
438KB, 1440x2560px
So are we alternating custody now
>>
File: weapon.png (558KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
weapon.png
558KB, 1280x960px
Couple of questions related to fist fighting

1. Do fists count as weapons?
2. If so, is it /k/?
3. Would it rather belong on /sp/ or /asp/?
4. Has anyone ever seen a fistfighting/martial arts/CQC thread on /k/?

and the big one I wanted to ask, my dad claims to have done martial arts and is built like a gorilla even though he's 50+, and has always told me that twisting your fist as it makes contact can break or rupture skin. I'm sure this holds a little truth but I suspect this to be bro/dad science.
>>
How do I become a better pistol shooter, lads? I just started a few weeks ago, but I find it hard to shoot and hit unless I spend a long time pulling the trigger, and even then I sometimes fuck up.
>>
>>30996142
get a pietta 1858 instead
>>
>>31014517
Try wrapping as much of your finger on the trigger as possible. Slow trigger squeeze and release. Make sure your are applying pressure on the grip with your bottom two finger as much as the top fingers, many people don't apply enough pressure with the pinkies.

Cock your elbows our slightly to the sides and let the recoil bend your elbows rather than your wrists. This should cause recoil to become more of a horizontal slide back towards you rather than the gun flipping up. This allows you to control recoil better and line up followup shots fast.

Keep your eyes on the sights a couple of seconds after you've shot. Don't immediately try to look at where you hit the target. Trying to check the target may cause you to accidentally move a bit too early and throw off your shot.

Iso stance, and ideally a "boxer" foot stance when you can get it.

Unrelated to shooting itself, but when you reload, bring the pistol in toward your body and up near your face rather than keeping your arm straight. This is tacticooly known as bringing it to your "workspace".
>>
>>31014580
Thanks, lad. I'll try this the next time I shoot.
>>
File: 1470079084281.jpg (292KB, 564x2748px) Image search: [Google]
1470079084281.jpg
292KB, 564x2748px
>>31014613
>>
Can any mil/morse fags translate this for me?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xytdd0x5wad48j2/loona%20morse.mp3?dl=1
I'm not really sure what it is, but it's really important.
>>
>>30997869
US Air Force? If you want to be in the comfiest branch of the armed forces, yes. Other branches will want to shit on you but that never bothered me, I'm comfy as fuck. But what do you want to do in it?
>>
>>30993373
They are actuated by the trigger.
>>
>>31015085
plz respond
>>
File: rangeofficer.jpg (1MB, 1288x2390px) Image search: [Google]
rangeofficer.jpg
1MB, 1288x2390px
i'm getting my license soon & this is 1911 I like the most in 9mm. only thing is i don't like the sights on the basic version, & i don't have the experience to change them myself. can i order it with different sights or should i just buy the version with the accessory rail? lastly who else just doesn't like that clean chrome looking version in the middle?
>>
File: m4-m4a1-barrel-profiles.jpg (32KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
m4-m4a1-barrel-profiles.jpg
32KB, 600x334px
Does anyone know if the XM4 carbine used an M4 or M4A1 barrel? I know about the experimental A2 short barrels, but most pictures of XM4s I've seen have the 203 cut forward of the FSB, but I can't find a picture of an XM4 without handguards.
>>
File: p_100004644_2.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
p_100004644_2.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
You know how when you go shoot at a range, your ear protection pushes the temples of your eye protection into your head, and after an hour or so you get a headache?

What eye protection do you wear to stop that? I'm wearing pic related for my ears if that matters.

I just want to be comfy while I shoot.
>>
File: 51bXKdUJ5rL._SX466_.jpg (29KB, 466x333px) Image search: [Google]
51bXKdUJ5rL._SX466_.jpg
29KB, 466x333px
>>31016027

Get some sonic defenders (plugs) and wear them with the little holes sealed up.

They are just as good as muffs and you don't have to worry about your eyepro interfering with comfort (or sound proof-ness)
>>
>>31016027
I spend a lot of time at work with eye and ear protection (gardening stuff), and I just push the limbs of my goggles up so they rest above the earmuffs. Probably looks stupid but I don't care.
>>
>>31016027
A few places make $80ish hi speed lo temple glasses, but you're better off getting >>31016059. If you get the ones with foam plugs (i forgot the ep number) it works flawlessly, and as an added benefit won't accidentally get knocked off shooting a rifle.

Hell of a lot lighter and not as hot either.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (104KB, 813x658px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
104KB, 813x658px
Is the 3v Velox 2 any good? ( http://3vgear.com/index.php/packs-and-bags/3v-gear-velox-ii-tactical-assault-pack.html ) If not, what's a good budget bag for bug out/shtf/ college thats not fuck ugly, and that you /k/ommandos would recommend.
>>
>>31016059
But I like my Howards senpai.
>>
>>31016477

Well then do this >>31016229 or just put up with the headaches i suppose.
>>
What is it with the tripfag invasion on /k/ lately?
>>
>>31016477
>>31016749

It might also be possible to find eye protection fastened by elastics, you know like swimming goggles.
>>
File: 15826508_1.jpg (40KB, 1200x433px) Image search: [Google]
15826508_1.jpg
40KB, 1200x433px
A Robinson Armory m96 is being sold at my lgs for $1700. I got the money, but I don't know if it would be worth it or not. I see people saying it's both good and bad. Should I get it?
>>
File: 20160817_154126.jpg (297KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_154126.jpg
297KB, 1000x563px
Is this unsafe to shoot?
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>31017935
.22lr isn't even lethal dude.
>>
File: cutoff 1.jpg (34KB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
cutoff 1.jpg
34KB, 450x306px
Has anyone experienced this with an M1903? I took it out for the first time today, first shot there was a little bit of gun powder that hit my face, and the second shot there was a lot more so I stopped shooting. When I opened the bolt the magazine was crooked. It still has a strong smell of gun powder so something definitely went wrong.

Also I was having problems chambering rounds because I was messing with what I now know is the magazine cutoff.
>>
>>31017935
You'll probably get duds. 22 LR ammo ages poorly.
>>
>>31014362
we'll take him on the weekends, but we have to renegotiate when fall rolls around.
>>
I've got a Galil build I just finished, and one thing that irks me is the front night sight kind of just dangles, it doesn't stand straight up like it should, does anyone know how I would go about fixing this?
>>
>>31017899
do not
>>
>>31014488
1. if you're a professional boxer
2. see above
3. boxing is a sport, fights and martial arts are sports, weapons (which may be involved in some fights and martial arts) are what /k/ is about
4. fuck you, lurk moar

your dad is a retard
>>
>>30997052
Get the pietta and a starter kit
>>
>>30997696
At The Front sells repro uniforms
I dunno about that exact uniform, but they do sell German kit
>>
>>30999398
If you're an IL resident, you need a FOID
If you're not an IL resident, then you need no FOID
>>
If I get all the necessary parts can I get a gunsmith to assemble a gun from a parys kit + barrel and receiver?
>>
>>31019977
Might be more expensive/hassle than just buying a built rifle.
>>
Should you clean a new gun?
Are they supposed to be kinda dirty from factory testing or something?

>pick up long gun at store
>visible marks of dust on the stock like it got stepped on
>bore snake turned pretty dirty after running through barrel
>black and brown grease all over the parts, might be factory lube
>brown/red substance on trigger assembly, can be scrubbed off
>>
>>31019977
what kind of gun? you might have to send it off to a specialist depending on the gun itself
>>
>>31020792
That brown red shit is on most new guns.

I clean my new guns usually. I think I had a glock or two over the years that I fired right out if the box, but those things generally run well anyway.
>>
Hey kommandos, I'm in the market for a mid to high tier plate carrier and was wondering if yall had any advice/experience. Padded shoulders are a must and a quick doffing capability would be nice.
>>
>>31022261
PIG. PIG all the way. It's not even super expensive, but it's the fucking shit.

The way the shoulders adjust for fit is great. The fact that the shoulders have clips on them helps very much with quick doffing.

The flap in the front is split, which helps with both quick donning and doffing.
>>
Any Washington and specifically Seattle fags know how good the state is for fun rights? I'm a CA fag so anything else is a step up. Might be moving there and this definitely factors in
>>
>>30990400

I've seen poly chokes on some old mossbergs, can they be removed?
>>
>>31022311
Awesome, thanks senpai.
Follow up question, what plates would you recommend? I received a free pair of shooter cut III+ AR500 steel plates with trauma pads from a friend but I know AR500 can have their shortcomings
>>
>>31022802
>Steel plates

Pic related.

Get some ceramic ESAPI, or if you can manage a hookup, XSAPI. Otherwise a reputable ceramic dealer like SKD or Greyghost.

I would always get backer inserts even with standalone rated plates, if only for comfort issues or peace of mind. They weigh almost nothing.
>>
File: black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif (931KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif
931KB, 250x197px
>>31022838
>>
File: MakMag.jpg (435KB, 2764x2073px) Image search: [Google]
MakMag.jpg
435KB, 2764x2073px
Why did pistols used to have magazine latches instead of mag release buttons? It seems like a very bad design decision unless they were really easy to move (which from what I've seen, they aren't) or if pistols weren't really used commonly. Not necessarily on the Mak, but in general.
>>
>>31023353
It's a simpler design, and considered acceptable for the mechanical facilities of the time.
>>
>>31022449
I'm in the exact situation and would like to know as well, although I'd probably be moving around Olympia.
>>
I fucked up and bought a pre-war MAS 36 which has a stock that had been fucked with in what could be a half-baked refinishing job.

Would it be a bad thing to move the metal parts (which are matching) to a new stock set?

I intend to keep the original stock and will include it with the gun if I decide to sell my fucked up one.
>>
>>30991911
There were a few underfolders made by a random company for the mini's
>>
>>30990400
If I buy a $45 M9 bayonet, will it fall apart within a day?
>>
File: 1459368609811.png (75KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459368609811.png
75KB, 700x400px
How much does 500 rounds of .22lr weigh roughly?
>>
Where can I get the do/k/ument? Or I heard there was another version that's on a site somewhere?
>>
>>31024639
I can get you the s/k/ripture and the do/k/ument in a few hours
>>
>>31024703
How do? And what's the s/k/ripture?
>>
>>31024706
I'm not sure, but they're largely the same. I'll find you the links when I get home.
>>
>>30993161
Buy one another country where it's cheaper and bring it home with you without declaring it
>>
>>31024804
Awesome, thank you
>>
>>31025079
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uhp6_lUrwXh9GUbV6mggbCj5sZOKlQG66ycUhGkEiQo

http://m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/6205750/The_Do_k_ument
>>
>>31025287
can i download the do/k/ument? nobodies seeding it
>>
>>31001575

Just have a look at what police and military agencies around the world use. It'll mostly be Glocks, SIGs, some types of 1911s, CZ75s and their variants and similar stuff.
>>
>>31006549
Not really, no.
You could probably design something with a backpack-sized capacitor for a handful of subsonic shots, but it's not gonna be any quieter than an integrally supressed gun like the DeLisle or MP5SD because you'll still have a moving action that will make some sort of sound if you wanna have a semi-auto coilgun.
>>
Does anyone have a list of all the equipment a Vietnam era GI would have? I've seen pictures but I don't know the names of most things.

I got my grandpaps M1 helmet and shoulder suspenders, I wanna complete the set.
>>
>>31025459
Well fuck, I'd send you a copy but my hard drive went full SA-80 on me so I don't have it anymore
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (374KB, 1600x1316px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
374KB, 1600x1316px
I recently purchased a helmet for WWII reenacting and sent it off for some refurbishment
apparently, I had a Vietnam liner in a front seam
now I need to find a WWII (or at least wartime style postwar) liner

how much should I pay?
where besides eBay is good to look for a deal?
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.