[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 47

File: 1432442035527.jpg (960KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1432442035527.jpg
960KB, 2151x1606px
/meg/- Military Enlistment General
Let's argue about lying on SF86's for one more thread edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Gear queer, AR general, canada general, knife thread, ak general, middle east general
>>
I enlisted but my trade is full.
Do I have any options? Or just waiting?

They say my score are "competitive" but also that I need to wait.

Is there any recourse? Or is waiting the only thing I have to do?
>>
>>30989064
Read and learn
https://www.navycs.com/navy-jobs/hospital-corpsman.html
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/medical/Documents/HM%20career%20path.pdf
>>30989080
Did you look up recipes? Other people already figured out what tastes good all you gotta do is copy them. Lurk on /ck/.
>>
File: 1469638577627.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1469638577627.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
I have my fitness assesment in 10 days. Need to get 9.1 on the beep test. Not sure if i can pull it off....
>>
>>30989253
You know what a beep test is.
Do it every day until it's tested.
Work that shit up.
>>
>>30989253
>>30989396
wtf is a beep test
>>
>>30989435
I can't say the specific distance because I don't know.
Imagine 100m. There's a time you need to run that. Then a beep sounds.
Every beep time gets shorter so you have to run that 100m in shorter amount of time.

The beep test is how long can you go with each interval getting shorter and shorter.
Can you run 100 m in 30 seconds? 20 seconds? 10 seconds? 5 seconds?
The beep test finds out

It's running with the destination getting further and further away.
>>
>>30989466
what branch does this? Ive never heard of it before.
>>
>>30989483
It's pretty fucking general.
I mean I did it in high school.
>>
>>30989483
Im applying for the nz army.
>>
I'm joining under Intel.
What do you think?
Any actual military fags here?

The recruiter says that my scores are good enough that I will join eventually.

How do the actually enlisted men think about Intel?
>>
>>30989667
>Any actual military fags here?
Yes

What branch?
What specific rate/mos?
You people need to be specific with your info otherwise how can we help?
>>
File: 1471221084952.jpg (42KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471221084952.jpg
42KB, 480x270px
When do I get to start calling people pogues, While im in infantry training or only after?
>>
>>30989530
What are you applying for that requires 9.1?
>>
>>30989757
They told me my branch doesn't matter.

I tried for Air Force, but again, they said it doesn't matter.

I don't know what rate/mos means.

All I know is that I signed up, did some test, and then said that my rating was "Competitive".

The recruiter also said that they only take 4 a year, and my rating was still competitive.
That makes me feel good, but I want to know what actual people think about Intel.
>>
>>30989820
>They told me my branch doesn't matter.
Wtf are you talking about?
Who told you that?
>All I know is that I signed up, did some test, and then said that my rating was "Competitive"
Signed up where? Dude you are making no sense, who the fuck did you talk to?
Every contract is different, some are 4 and some are longer. In general intel community is great one. But you gotta explain wtf is going on.
>>
>>30989860
I'm Canadian so I figure everything I say makes no sense to anyone who signed up beyond the 70s.

My recruiter said that my application and aptitude test goes to all three branches.

If my trade comes up in any of them, they'd notify me.

Again, I'm Canadian, so I expect everything about my military experience to be 10+ years behind the American

All I want is to be an Intel officer, in whatever branch.
I got the grades, and evidently the aptitude.
>>
so ive got basic soon and then im going into infantry after that does anyone have any general tips for infantry school, basically of shit what not to do etc
>>
>>30989813
Reserves.
>>
>>30989907
>I'm Canadian
Now i see, that aint how it works in USA man so i cant help you.

>>30989935
Its the same tips for everywhere in life
>dont be a fucking idot
>do what youre told
>dont fight with people
>follow the rules
>dont be a fucking idiot
>>
>>30989948
cool thanks
>>
>>30989948
>Now i see, that aint how it works in USA man so i cant help you.
Yeah we're like 30 years behind at all times.
Our equipment and terminology.
>>
>>30989948
Along with tips that I've read here before
>Keep your head down, don't bring too much attention to yourself
>Volunteer as much as you can
Which one do I follow?

Seems contradicting
>>
>>30989943
Reserves what? In Aus all we need is 7.5
>>
>>30990290
>Keep your head down, don't bring too much attention to yourself
Thats advice for training, aka BCT, Ait, OSUT, stuff like that.
>Volunteer as much as you can
Thats once you are at your unit, ship, division or whatever.

Volunteering in general is just gonna make you seem like a suck up/try hard but hey if you wanna go for it.

Chances are there wont be anything you could volunteer fot in OSUT anyway, basic trainings in general are designed to give the exact same experience to everyone so every student comes out knowing the same stuff. Again, the fleet/big army is different.
>>
>>30990299
Littetaly just the army reserves. For some reason the beep test minimum grade is extremely high. Others requirements are 10 push ups and 30 sit ups which are so much easier.
>>
I'm planning on graduating with an engineering degree, but the thought of having to spend the rest of my life grinding in some shitty firm makes me want to put a gun in my mouth. Is there any reason I shouldn't sign on for like 10 years, save all my pay and bah, and then live off the interest once I get out? I would also like to get married sometime within that, how can I date local foreign qts?
>>
quick question what's the ideal beep test score for someone wanting to go infantry?
>>
>>30990592
I'm Infantry and I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>30989803

Ok so here is the deal never mention til you get to your unit. After PT go to the chow with your team/squad mates. Make sure a little older enlisted is with you. Sit down at the table. Stare at your eggs. Take a bite of said eggs. Chew, chew, chew some more. Set down fork say your going to go skull fuck the fucking pouge who made said fucking shit eggs til he learns to make them better.

Instant humor at table as old E-4 spits milk out knows. "Your all right Pvt. (name here).
>>
>>30990634
Troll thread.

***IGNORE THIS THREAD***
>>
>>30990634
beep test = shuttle run, Multi-stage fitness test.

dunno if the US does it asking for Aussies

>>30990639
uh ok
>>
File: 1790675-reaction_jjj_laugh.jpg (10KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1790675-reaction_jjj_laugh.jpg
10KB, 195x195px
>>30990635
>>
>>30990419
Considering that the most active duty time you can get in one enlistment is 4 years, no. Why do it for the pay when you can be an electrical engineer. If you really wanted to, be an officer. But then again you might feel the same after o-3 assuming you stay in long enough.
>>
I would like to be a reserve naval officer. Went to a good college but haven't done much since because I'm independently wealthy and have a cool wife who I travel with.

Think they'll take me? Kind of worried about clearance issues but I feel my lack of employment has an acceptable explanation.
>>
>>30990290
fucking do both. quit being difficult, it's easy to see how those two can seemingly exist without contradicting each other.

>keep your head down, don't bring too much attention to yourself
Don't fail all the time, anon. Don't outperform at everything, anon. Don't cry. Don't pee your pants. Don't be that one guy who _______ at any time, at any place, for any reason.

>volunteer as much as you can
Be the nameless faceless anon who volunteers for things. Don't be the one who volunteers the most. Just volunteer as much as you can, given the other factors.

Jesus you are going to have a hard time with a mind like yours
There is always one
>>
>>30989050
Military intelligence or Military Police?
>>
>>30989435
You at a set time to get between 2 cones 20m apart. Every time you make it it counts as one shuttle, the amount of time goes down each shuttle you make so it tests both your endurance and speed as the test goes on.
>>
>>30990592
Minimum standard for SF entry in aus is 10.1, police departments are about 9.4 same with fire brigades. So try to aim around there somewhere.
>>
File: spr.jpg (66KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
spr.jpg
66KB, 600x338px
>>30991457
In the United States we have the ASVAB. The lowest score to get a chance to enter SF is a 110 GT. My infantry brother retook the ASVAB and scored a 112 GT. We PT'd the death out of us. We ran for 25 miles with 50 lbs rucks. That was after every day of Infantry training.

He ended up breaking his leg due to the intense stress. I DEROSed back to the states and became a ranger . 3rd bn 75th rgr. Easy compared to what we put ourselves through.
>>
>>30991473
Isn't RASP more physically challenging and strenuous than SFAS?
>>
>>30991473
How's Ranger life anyway?

Everything you'd thought it be?

How long do you intend to keep going at it?
>>
>>30991473
Thought the ASVAB was was like a IQ test with out any physical component? In Aus we have an aptitude test which is a glorified IQ test that gives a general overview of the jobs you qualify for, followed by another more mechanical and mathematical focused test for people going into more technical roles.

The entry fitness test is slightly different for each service but for the males in the army it's 15 push ups, 45 sit ups and 7.5 of the shuttle run (note these are absolute minimums and if you go to basic only meeting that you'll get absolutely destroyed). SF direct entry is higher 30 push ups, 60 sit ups and 10.1 on the shuttle run. This is much better level to aim at as a minimum before starting basic. At the completion of recruit training you'll have to be able to do a minimum of 40 push ups, 70 sit up and do a 2.4km run in 11:18. The majority of people even the pogs will easily do 50+ push ups, 100 sit ups and get 10 or under on the run.
>>
>>30990635
fucking kek
>>
>>30991417
how is this even a fucking question? MP since you're fucking stupid
>>
>>30991417
Do you enjoy being an asshole who ruins people weekend by ticketing them for doing 5 over as they leave the front gate?
>>
>>30991517
Just curious are you in the ADF and what do you do?
>>
>>30991491
>How's Ranger life anyway?
If you want to be a part of it, you have to commit yourself one thousand percent. They don't take anything afoul. I showed up as a combat vet from the 82nd, I got smoked more than a peace pipe at Little Big Horn.
>>
>>30991485
Never went through SFAS. I graduated Ranger training without a hiccup. All you need to do is be athletic.
>>
>>30991517
Parts of the ASVAB are like an IQ test, sort of

Mensa used to let you join their circlejerk if you got a high enough GT (General Technical) score on it
>>
>>30991552
RAAF, fix hornets for a living. All training for aviation maintenance jobs is tri-service and done at wagga. So you'll spend at lest a year working a living with the 2 other services.
>>
>>30991613
do you ever get to fly in one?
>>
>>30991635
Very rarely but people occasionally get to. Normally upon posting out of the squadron or if you do something particularly amazing. This is entirely dependent on the squadron having a twin seat that's able to go on a joy flight. I haven't personally been up in one yet no.
>>
>>30989667
>I'm joining under Intel.
>What do you think?
Depends. I'm not some fucking meathead, so I wouldn't be interested in non-AF branches.

Intel is a little broad. Elint or analyst seems alright. I wouldn't want to be a linguist. I work in an AF intel unit (I'm comm) and linguist looks shitty to me.
>>
>>30991473

>Brother broke legs in SF training.

Is your last name Snowden?
>>
>>30992056

>Depends. I'm not some fucking meathead, so I wouldn't be interested in non-AF branches.

All branches have smartguy jobs and all branches have meathead jobs. If you don't look at every branch before making a decision, you're fucking retarded.

The majority of airmen I've met have been drooling retards compared to some of the soldiers I've met. It just depends where you are.
>>
File: trevor noah on guns.png (616KB, 503x668px) Image search: [Google]
trevor noah on guns.png
616KB, 503x668px
Is there a place where I can download 'Get Selected!' online? Like a PDF copy?
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 1280x895px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 1280x895px
>be me
>want to enlist in muhreens
>know deep down I could never pass boot or meps

Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
If there's any Brits here, how long do I have to wait after the initial Army interview/assessment to get sent off to Basic Training?
>>
>>30992433

...why not?
>>
>>30992433
>couldn't pass meps

good one anon
>>
>>30992565
>>30992665

I just don't feel I could be able to do it. The yelling and getting screamed at isn't even the reason why, and the least of my worries.

I just don't feel like I could ever pass any of the physical tests. I can only do like 5 push-ups at best, could never do a pull up, I can run alright, but I would never be able to do the miles and miles every day.

Plus, in my working out to even attempt to enlist after talking to a recruiter, I got the worst case if jock itch I cannot get rid of. Nothing is getting rid of the shit and it's spreading.
>>
>>30993036
>I can only do like 5 push-ups at best, could never do a pull up, I can run alright, but I would never be able to do the miles and miles every day.

Fucking fix yourself, that's your own goddamn fault.

You clearly don't want it bad enough. Go cry somewhere else. There's guys who LEGIT get DQ'ed for reasons they can't control.

You just have a case of being a little bitch.
>>
>>30992230
>The majority of airmen I've met have been drooling retards compared to some of the soldiers I've met
True. The AF is chocked full of tards, but Army seems to take it to a whole 'nother level.
>>
Leaving for Navy boot camp tomorrow
6'3, 228lbs
can do 25 pushups at best right now and about 50 situps
never run a mile and a half, can run a mile in 8 minutes with significant exertion
welp
>>
>>30993051
I went from 0 to 5 in about a week if pushing myself, if that counts for something. Idk, I just don't think I could hack it.
>>
>>30993171
You're choosing not to make the effort. If you want to be a marine then get in shape and enlist. Any idiot can do it. If you don't then it's your choice and stop whining about it.
>>
>>30992360
No, buy the book and support their foundation you cheap fucking cuck.
>>
>>30993201
This

>>30993171
You obviously have self esteem issues, and that's fine. If you really want it, you'll get yourself in gear and do it.

>I don't think I could hack it
You'll never know unless you try. Look at it this way. Even if you fail boot or whatever, you'll just be sent home with nothing lost. Plus you can always try again. Just think... What if you do pass? What if you CAN do it? What if you did become a Marine? How would you feel then? I promise you. If you put your nose to the stone, you can do it.
>>
>>30993231

I already bought it.

My backpack got stolen. I don't want to repay.

Or maybe this is a lesson in gear accountability.
>>
Lads, can I just show up to a recruiting station, or do I need to call and make an appointment? USA btw.

I live in the boonies so it's not a simple walk into town for me to get there and I don't want to be a dick if it's better to schedule these things before hand.
>>
>>30993522
Call ahead and they'll give you an appointment. It at least shows that you're 100% serious and have thought the whole thing through.
>>
>>30992534
I had about 8 months from first interview to start of training, but I'm commissioning, I imagine its quicker for enlisting.
Check on thestudentroom.com, they have shitloads of info about this stuff.
>>
>>30993591
>thestudentroom
Good call m8, I hadn't thought of that.
>>
>>30991235

Maybe. Depends on what you want. You'll be competing against prior enlisted and people who have job experience.
>>
>tfw stashed at the NROTC unit I commissioned through until I start IFS in November
>didn't do shit all summer
>freshman indoc started Saturday
>get to enjoy our gunny yelling at all of them
>mind games providing plenty of entertainment
>decent paycheck and a good future ahead of me

Now I understand why people hate officers. Sure, I'm just a boot, but I literally do nothing all day long. I sit on my ass and troll people on /pol/, or play HOI4 from 7-4.
>>
>>30993858

I'm stoked to get my application in to Marine OCS. I did the Navy enlisted thing and, quite frankly, it wears a person thin in 4-5 years, but the officer lifestyle is waaaaay more advantageous in just about every aspect
>>
>>30993876
If I didn't get pilot, I don't know what I would have done. Everything else about the Navy I hate, except Naval Aviation. I almost got stuck w/ sub nuke. Probably would have offed myself if my CO hadn't pulled some strings and gotten me aviation.
>>
I want to be an army doctor. Except I have no clue beyond that. Is 68W a good field?
>>
>>30994173
Did you do any research before coming here?
>no
>>
File: 1471286915927-950161022.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1471286915927-950161022.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>30992056
It's not fun. The weekends are but you're right.
>>
>>30994251
Well I read about HPSP, but I want other's opinions. I want be some form of doctor, but I don't want to sit on my ass all day and look at soldier's overstrained legs
>>
>>30994332
You realize what you are saying? If you want to be an actual doctor you need to go to medical school, you realize that isnt related to 68W at all? Its not like you rank up to a MD or something.
>>
>>30994347
Isn't there an option where the military will educate me in medicine?
>>
>>30994367
Yes but that has nothing to do with 68W. Also those programs are extremely rare from what i hear. I doubt anyone here knows about it.
>>
>>30994400
Alright, thanks for the info, I'll educate myself, become less retarded, then return laters
>>
>>30994400
Not extremely rare. It's called HPSP, but you have to get in touch with a special medical recruiter to get started.

The military will pay for med school, but you still have to get yourself accepted and pass. You also owe them quite a few years of service at a "low" salary for a doctor (200k~).
>>
>>30994443
Ya but do you already have to have a bachelors?
>>
>>30994472
yeah you need a med school acceptance for it to work
>>
>>30994479
Well thats my point, that anon is so lost he doesnt seem to know that and thinks somehow 68W is a pathway to tha.
>>
File: pls respond.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pls respond.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
A muh reen recruiter told me that since I can weld well and would like to be a fighter pilot I could become an aircraft mechanic, get a degree, and transfer to flight school. Would that actually work out/
>>
What was that table of death made by the British commando that listed all the death times by knifing called. I cant find it on the internet anymore.
>>
>>30994579
lolno
If you want to fly, get a degree and go Marine OCS/PLC
>>
>>30994539
Nah nah, what I meant was that is 68W a good mos in general? I'm gonna try for HPSP, I know you need a bachelor's degree. What I dont know is
1. Which mos to actually apply for
2. Is HPSP very competitive.

Sorry for causing the misunderstanding
>>
>>30994595
You can't get a degree once you're already in the military and become a pilot?
>>
>>30994801
If you want to be a pilot you don't want to waste a few years as a mechanic.
>>
>>30994801
No, prior enlistment might help getting into OCS. Some of the knowledge you'll learn will be applicable towards flight school.

But if you enlist now, it will be about 8 years before you get into flight school as you will have to finish up your enlistment and then finish school. By then, you might not remember everything and the first 4 might not be as useful as your recruiter is making it out to be.
>>
>>30994646

If you can get into med school and have kept your nose clean, you can probably get into HPSP.

Med school is very competitive on its own, far moreso than HPSP.
>>
>>30995009

Pretty much all branches let you cut short your enlistment to go to OCS or ROTC.

Being prior enlisted is pretty useless in terms of being competitive for commissioning though. They'll usually take the 22 year old fresh college grad with a good GPA over the 28 year old NCO with a mediocre GPA.
>>
>>30989050
I'm going to enlist in Spanish Armed Forces. I just can't decide between army or navy. I have more questions about the army, specially how is the daily life living inside a frigate or a carrier during a couple of months.
>>
>>30993073
They'll ask you day one who's recruiters lied about their scores. Doesn't matter. With the diet and constant physical activity an RDC could get anyone to the 60/60/12 range in 8 weeks. I promise.
>>
>>30994930
>>30995009
>>30995509
That's pretty disappointing
>>
File: 1470633977848.jpg (248KB, 750x792px) Image search: [Google]
1470633977848.jpg
248KB, 750x792px
How to get the Get Selected! For Special Forces book in Australia? Amazon won't ship it, and it would still apply for Commando and SASR selection here.
>>
>>30999038
Find someone else who will ship it?
Download it and then donate the value of the book to the foundation if you feel guilty?
Not all the info will but the general stuff can. Alot is mentioned about footcare and stuff like that. Honestly ive read the book and think its way overrated. It only really helps if you have absolutely no idea what it takes. If youve been doing research on your own or lurking on QuietProf you will most likely know everything in there already. But hey it cant hurt to read it just in case.
>>
Is 23 too old to sign up?
>>
>>30999212
Ah, well back to QuietProf then
>>
>>30999245
>Everyone will call you grandpa.
>>
>>30999245
No, 36 is. But even then there's waivers and exceptions
>>
I'm Canadian and my recruiter said that my trade was hiring, but i hear from friends and family friends who are in that its taken them years to actually go for BMQ, whats the deal?
>>
is the army issuing the new APFU to new recruits, or is it still the IPFU?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about joining the USMC. Is there anything i need to know or do? I spoke with a recruiter today but i thoight i'd hear what you all have to say about it. Has anyone here served in the armed forces, and if so, what was it like?
>>
File: 1469629343466.jpg (83KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1469629343466.jpg
83KB, 1280x853px
I fucking goofed, the recruiter told me it'd be alright to admit I'd seen a counselor in the past (I've got documentation from her and another saying I'm fine) and now I've been rejected.
I have a high asvab score and I'm in shape, is there anything I can do to get around this next time or am I just fucked for life?

I know I'm stupid for this etc. I just have a problem with lying
>>
>>30999527
Fucking retarded ass administration that doesn't care about it's military and the gigantic backlog of paperwork and such, it takes way too long for any Canadian to join unless their position is in immediate demand.
>>
>>30999366
MFW I'm thinking about joining at 33
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 540x543px
Question;

If I enlist in the usmc, what's the shortest time I can enlist for? I'm only doing it to "say I did it." How does the "x amount of years and y amount of time inactive." Work exactly? Interested in 0311.
>>
>>30999696
The shortest you can sign for is 4 years active and 4 years primary reserve or whatever they call it now, active is self explanatory but the primary reserve is just anytime in that 4 years if there is a war they can call you back up.
>>
Does having a dual citizenship ruin your chances of being a pilot? My wife's son is applying to the naval and airforce academy (which he definetley can get into) next year and i dont want to go through the hassle of getting him recomended by a senator and managing the paperwork if he cant. Im from belgium and my wife is from the us, he is born in the us and has both the nationalities. Also, does anyone know a website with the exact requirements for the medical exams for both the Navy and Airforce. (Sorry for the bad spelling i speak a very poor english)
>>
File: 1465945070945.jpg (68KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
1465945070945.jpg
68KB, 750x726px
>>30999770
>>
>>30999696
Future welfare queen detected
>>
File: 1449423899565.jpg (219KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449423899565.jpg
219KB, 621x1000px
Alright so I'm gonna throw this out there.

I'm joining the Guard. Infantry or Combat Engineer?

>"You will barely do your job and it won't be high-speed"

I'm aware. I'm thinking of eventually going out for my State's SF unit, but want to get my feet wet first.

>"Why aren't you just going Active?"

I have a good job that understands the nature of the Guard and own very good property I don't want to give up, while still serving my time. I'm 28 and don't want to live in the barracks.

So, Infantry or Engineer? Or should I just do my state's REP-63 program right away?
>>
Hey /k/k, i just graduated with a degree in aerospace engineering. I wonder should i join the chair force as a airman and worj my way toward becoming an officer or should i apply for ots?
> inb4 should have joined Rotc
>>
>>31000471
I'm kinda in the same position as you, graduating this spring w/ an EE degree

I'm looking at enlisting to be a Computer and Systems Programmer since it looks kinda cool, but idk if it's possible to guarantee something like that at enlistment time.
>>
>>31000471
>>31000660

I really don't know why you all get a degree and then enlist. It makes no sense.
>>
>>31000956
Because getting a job is hard even for a stem degree
>>
is 90 situps/pushups + 3mile run a day enough for infantry preparation? should I do more?
>>
>>30999212
>>30999255
What is QuietProf?
>>
>>31001467
>QuietProf
Talking about Professionalsoldiers.com in the template.
>>
>>31001601
ah thanks
>>
>>31000660
>>31000471
>engineering degree acquired
you may be good with numbers but lack common sense.

look into commissioning you dumb motherfuckers.
>>
>>30999552
IPFU
>>30999635
I turned 30 a week after BCT
>>31001446
if you're doing the 90 pushups and situps at the same time, yes you're good. if you're spacing them out like 10 every hour or something then no
>>
>>30999770
What are your kid's sat and gpa? I know every parent is blind to their precious snowflake's faults and thinks they can get into Harvard without writing an application. And what extracurriculars?
>>
>>30999770
He should be fine. You're only limited by nationality if you moved from another country, got citizenship and then joined up.
>>
>>30989050
Is 18 too young to join the army as a 68w?
>>
>>31001810
i do 3 sets of 30 at like 2-3min rest
>>
>>30990333
Holy shit, my old NJROTC requirements were 4x as many pushups, and 50 sit ups. And I thought that I was weak.
>>
>>31001446
How many pushups can you do in two minutes?
How long is it taking you to run those 3 miles? (3 miles a day isn't that much desu)
>>
>>31002080
do 3 sets of 50 instead and you're good
>>
When applying for OCS, does MEPS or whoever look at SAT scores, and if so, can they see if you opted for the ADD extended time test?
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 296x170px
Hello all I read the 09S contract, now then as I have read it it is 3 years active duty and 8 years IRR or reserve competent correct?
next my plans are quite simply I wish to be local police, (State or otherwise) I am aware military service is essential in these regards and am happy to serve the three years active, then the rest of my life as reservist. which branch better represents myself to a perspective police department, its between MP and intelligence.
>>
>>31002286
No they never asked for SAT scores. Nupoc did though
>>
>>30999589

You'd have to find a way to get seen at a different MEPS station. Assuming that they don't share info.
>>
File: daddy_arkan_please_forgive_me.jpg (36KB, 400x606px) Image search: [Google]
daddy_arkan_please_forgive_me.jpg
36KB, 400x606px
So, i smoked a lot kf weed my first semester of freshman year - university, but quit cut cold turkey after that. Would that ruin my chances of getting a security clearence for the 75th rangers or anything that requires a security clearence?
>>
>>30989050

NG 35F here, don't know why anyone would ever ask me shit, but I can answer if you do.
>>
>>31002664

No.

Do your employers/family/respectable friends know/are they buddy fuckers?
>>
>>31003076
what the fuck does intel do for one weekend a month? like what's the fucking point?
>>
>>31003258
Someone's gotta watch all those powerpoints
>>
Got my ASVAB scores back. Looking into Coast Guard

GS:58 AR:49 WK:58 PC:58 MK:58 EL:57 AS:54 MC:60 AO:60 VE:59
AFQT:74

How screwed am I? I feel the AR score is going to fuck me up. Most of the jobs in Coast Guard look like they need a minimum 52 AR score.
>>
>>31003076
Done any spooky shit?

Is there anything one should learn before IET? I'm guessing reading coordinates, maps, etc, for starters, but there's so little official information about 35F. What do they actually need you to learn?
>>
>>31003258

Whatever everyone else is doing, with some occasional Intel work on the side. What does anyone do?

We're all just waiting to actually do our jobs, the NG usually isn't saving anyone from anything. So just warrior tasks, new software training, fixing vehicles. Typical soldier shit.

Pretty gay, but it was my best bet for now.
>>
>>31003485

All Intel work is largely personality based.

There's some technical skill involved, meaning skills that a soldier should have to do certain shit. Not computer whiz shit, that's just the army's term for performing tangible tasks.

After that, it's all up top.

I saw people who could write code and memorize shit all day long who couldn't think like an Intel faggot. As a regular /k/ poster, you'll be well prepared. A day in a SCIF is like a thread on /k/.

I've done some stuff you might call spooky shit, working domestically.

The government has a weird approach to a lot of stuff, that I can say. Working contingency planning is juicy.
>>
>>31003470
Those scores probably won't qualify for a couple things, but 74 AFQT is not a bad score

AR is not taken by itself. For example, the GT (General Technical) score is one the most important and it combines AR+VE. So your GT would be 108.

Get an idea about what you'd want to in that branch first. If your scores are limiting, just schedule for another test and study more. I think you can take it again in one month, then it's 3 months, or something like that.
>>
So the AF officer recruiter said you need at least a 3.5 GPA to apply. When did this become a thing? I get that it's best to be competitive but I can't find anything about GPA on their website under qualifications.
>>
>>31003691
>regular /k/ poster

I'm just a refugee from /g/, but I'll have plenty of time to lurk /k/
>>
>>31003754

It's actually a good idea. This board is full of info, insight and stimulating discussion, if you know how to look.
>>
>mfw looking to transfer a bunch of credits
>dat GPA reset

Not sure if I wanna stay in with my fiance and go OCS, though. Might do my time and go to grad school.
>>
>>31003727
He probably doesn't want to work with people who aren't competitive with a 3.5GPA
What's your GPA? Rated/nonrated?
>>
>>31004055
3.4 but I have another 3 semesters to go
>>
>>31003890
accurate. a day in the scif reads like middle east general sometimes
>>
>autistic friend talks about joining foreign legion for years
>past year finally goes there, gets rejected because obviously bad physical shape
>starts hitting the gym every day
>doesn't stop bragging about muscles and exercises
>blushes and gets excited every time he talks with someone with military experience
Please tell me the french have tight psychological evalutations to enter there, because giving this guy a weapon is like employing Chris-chan at Sega
>>
>>31004302

Sounds like a good dude.
>>
>>31004404
Did you miss "autistic"?
>>
>>31004302
Why doesn't he join his own nation's armed forces?
>>
>>31004504
Not all autists are chris-chan tier
>>
>>31004570
He's 25, in Italy the limit is 22
Also he thinks the legion is cooler
>>31004691
Dude, you don't know him. trust my words
he does stuff like weird hand power movements when watching cape movies
>>
>>31004302
Pulky?
>>
>>31005023
Who?
>>
>>31002347
Intel always
>>
>>30989110
Not sure if youre the same Anon who told me this, but instead of a protein shake for dinner, would a few bottles of water and a protein bar or two be good?
>>
>>30990635
Its all fun and games until the Cook NCO hears you and puts you on KP detail, so you can show him how its done.
>>
File: 234523452345.jpg (208KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
234523452345.jpg
208KB, 450x500px
Looking to enlist in the navy pretty soon, what are some good jobs to look out for and which ones to avoid?
>>
I can speak french spanish and english fluently, do you guys think that will help me get into the airforce or naval academy.
>>
>>31001753
I'm not interested in infantry, I have something specific I want to do (AFSC 3D0X4). You can't do what I want to do as an officer

My uncle got his college degree before enlisting, it's not that rare. I'm not joining for financial reasons
>>
File: Bravo Nolan.png (195KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Nolan.png
195KB, 600x450px
>>30993073
You should have no problem passing by the end of boot camp.
>>
>>30994579
Fuck no.
>>
>>30997806
>They'll ask you day one who's recruiters lied about their scores
wut?
>>
>>30999589
Can try aonther branch and try to get waiver.
>>
Out of pure curiosity, what sort of nicknames do medics end up with?

>doing something because of nicknames
No. I'm looking at 25u.
>>
>>31005378
Im the guy you replied to, whatre you saying about protein shakes?
>>
>>31006913
ones based on your name + what your reputation is as a medic (bedside manner and the quality of your work)
If no one comes up with anything, you're just [nickname based on your name alone] or Doc.
>>
does BOLC incur more ASDO anybody know
>>
Bump for America's Navy.
>>
>>31007754
I was in, what do you want to know
>>
>>31003076

Hey I'm a former 11b, some schools, nothing special.

I'm thinking of your series for a reenlistment path. What is your take on NG to Active route.
>>
>>30999770
>My wife's son
>>
>>31007835
see>>31005647
>>
File: 1467586600204.png (168KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1467586600204.png
168KB, 657x527px
>>31008026
>>31005647
Listen, you need to understand "good" doesnt mean to you what it means to me. Same goes for everyone.
Do you want something easy as fuck?
Do you want something hard as fuck?
Work with hands?
Work with brain?
Lots of sea travel?
None at all?
Im not you so you gotta tell me what you want to get out of the navy and what your interests are.
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 640x1136px
GUYS

I'm freaking out. Is this saying that if I attend flight training, and pay $80,000 out of my pocket, that the Post 9/11 will at least reimburse me some of the costs???? I'm literally shaking right now because I was fully expecting to pay $80,000 out of pocket for this shit. And just saw this website. Will they actually give me some money back?

http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/flight_training.asp
>>
>>31002347
The obligations are concurrent.

8 years including both the active and reserve/IRR.

It doesn't matter what branch you put on your application because you will not get it. The DA form 61 has absolutely no bearing on what branch you will get via OCS. At most it will affect the questions you get asked by your OCS board.
>>
>>31008088
Not him, but I guess I'll hijack this. I'd prefer to do something brainier, don't mind sea travel. I'm learning Japanese on my own, do you think that would help me get a job as a translator or linguist?
>>
>>31007107
I was told by another anon or maybe it was you; that cutting dinner for a brotein shake is good and helps for recovery. That or water + a protein bar or two. Would that work?
>>
File: 1469895812669.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469895812669.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>foreigners trying to join the us military should shut up about countries they visited.

last meps thread some foreigner said that his us military recruiter told him to not talk about countries he visited. why would that be the case?

i'm swiss and i have visited germany,austria,italy,france,spain,england and luxemburg. i'm also planning on talking with the marine recruiter soon. should i just lie and say that I've never been to a country other than my home country + the US ?
>>
>>31008143
Post 9/11 is bretty gud because you can use it for vocational shit. You need to talk with a VA rep for whatever school you're doing this out of to get the correct details, but it should cover a fair amount of costs.
>>
other than ranger school, what cool guy training can i get in the army? right now I'm pog as shit and would love to do something more high speed
>>
>>30989050
Your IRC is DEAD.
>>
>>31008284
tl;dr it opens more holes to investigate. It shouldn't matter if you're doing grunt shit, but it's investigative work if you're needing an SF86 done.

Talking to the recruiter about it won't matter. The recruiter's job is to recruit you and dress you up as best as he can so you can make it through MEPS (a more unbiased vetting process).

Since those are mostly white people countries it probably won't matter even if you do mention it. They just don't like brown/yellow countries.
>>
>>31008277
Completely retarded. How would removing food for a protein shake instead help?
Listen eating healthy is easy and cheap but boring. Bonelees skinless chicken breasts are cheap as fuck, rice is cheap as fuck, frozen brocolli is cheap as fuck. Base your diet around lean cuts of meat, natural carbs and as much vegetables as you can eat to keep you full.

>>31008257
>I'm learning Japanese on my own, do you think that would help me get a job as a translator or linguist?
I doubt it only cause im pretty sure if you become a CTI they assign you a language based on needs of the navy no matter what.
>brainer
Ok well, fixing electronics?
Fixing weapon systems?
Intel/communications?
Do you just want to operate things or do you want to do maintenance as well?
>>
>>31008234
does BOLC increase my ADSO?
>>
>>31008385
>>31008257
>>I'm learning Japanese on my own, do you think that would help me get a job as a translator or linguist?
>I doubt it only cause im pretty sure if you become a CTI they assign you a language based on needs of the navy no matter what.
Ex-1N3 here, can confirm.

Those who sign up for linguist generally get placed in linguist, because the military does the shotgun approach. If you qualify for the job (which statistically, not many do), they'll push you through it. You'll either pass, or wash out with 80% of the school.

Language assignments are based on needs for enlisted. Only officers get some choice in their language. Japanese might give you a slight bias for getting a Chinese assignment. Knowing Korean will likely place you in Korean.

Common/easy languages are not in demand and are pretty much officer-only, and supplemental. Unless you know one of the following languages (in that case, they do try to match you up for better success), you'll get picked for one of these:
>Chinese
>Russian
>Arabic (or one of the umpteen offshoots)
>Korean
>>
>>31008469
No, all those are concurrent. The time that you owe for BOLC runs out before the 3 years that you already owe, so it doesn't matter.

New obligations only matter if they are longer than your current obligation.

Me, for example, I owe 4.5 years for language training, and after I finish grad school I will owe 3 more years... but those two time periods end at the same time. It doesn't add to 7.5 years.
>>
>>31008312

HALO, dive school, air assault, airborne, pathfinder. There's a fuckton more than those that are less well-known because they don't give you badges and shit. You generally won't get most of the niche stuff in conventional Army though.

Unless you're wanting to go into some coolguy unit, focusing on MOS-relevant schools will take you farther than hooah schools, and they look better on a resume.

POGs get jobs, yo.
>>
>>31002347
>which branch better represents myself to a perspective police department
all branches have their form of MP and they're generally the same to civ police. I'd say MP because in most cases, you're literally base policeman for active duty people
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 468x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 468x386px
>>30989050
Does the US army have anything like pic related? I want to wear these rad shorts
>>
>>31008289

This school does NOT accept the GI Bill. What I'm asking is , in that image it mentions reimbursement.. If I pay $80,000 out of my pocket, will they pay ME some of it back?
>>
>>31008631
yeah i want to get attached to a high speed unit and be able to keep up. i don't care about badges and medals. is there a list somewhere of schools training and classes or do i need to talk to a stupid career councillor? thanks
>>
>>31008719
marine pt gear looks a lot like that
>>
>>31008600
I know there's blue to green for officers but is there Navy to Marines? I heard the marines drop you a rank if you're captain so you get to actually do shit at the platoon level
>>
>>31008735
tl;dr they cover (reimburse) about $10k/yr
>>
>>31008871

To me directly right?
>>
So I have a contract for aecf that ships out sometime may next year.

I eventually want to crossrate to ctn since I failed to get it since my pssq was rejected.

How feasible is this?
>>
I'm 19 and trying to join army as a 25S. I got a 142 gt on my Asvap but right now I have to wait on a vision waiver for a vision waiver for an astigmatism in my right eye. I've never worn glasses a day in my life, do you think there's any chance I'll get dq'd permanently? Also, is 25s a good mos?
>>
Ok, so I think I fucked up, /k/.

I went to see a recruiter today, and she gave me a book to look at and tell her if I did / had any of the following things.
>told her I was on medication when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. Antibiotics and extra strength moltrin or however it's spelled for pain if I had any.

>told her I has smoked pot when I was younger a few times, but it's been years and I could piss clean if I was to be tested. She said "nothing else though, right?" I said nothing else ma'am." She then said "ok, anon, don't worry about it."
I don't want to do any secret shit anyway, but will this effect me being just regular infantry?

How bad did I fuck up?
>>
>>31009175
Not bad.
>>
>>31009175
>she

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?!?!,!?
>>
>>31009175
first doesn't matter it's fucking wisdom teeth, they'll pull them out for you if you had them now.

second she probably won't write down anything about the pot in your forms. More work for her and you're not getting a clearance
>>
File: gadsenstarlker.jpg (11KB, 552x293px) Image search: [Google]
gadsenstarlker.jpg
11KB, 552x293px
>>31009175
Exact number of times you smoked could be an issue - do reasearch before they ask more
>>
>>31009175
did you post this before?
>>
>>31009043
Depends on the convert out numbers from et/ft - they aren't usually overmanned so they might not let you, and the convert in for ctn - these reports are somewhere on navy.mil.
>>
>>31009294
I did, but I left the thread before I could see any responses and forgot about it. I've been busy as a mofo these past few
Weeks.
>>
File: a+BarryRoss_Jan2011.jpg (515KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a+BarryRoss_Jan2011.jpg
515KB, 1600x1200px
>>31009043
Why was your pssq rejected and why do you think it wont be when you go to rerate? Doesn't AECF require ts/sci too?
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 120x90px
>>31009377
>A+ certs
>>
>>31009377
>Doesn't AECF require ts/sci too?
Fuck no
>>
>>31009254
Because when a guy sees a girl, they usually feel less intimidated, plus, if she's hot, it's easier for her to con a horny 18 year old into sighing shit.
>>
File: soffee.jpg (15KB, 342x445px) Image search: [Google]
soffee.jpg
15KB, 342x445px
>>31008719
Ranger Panties - i'm not sure if rangers actually still wear them or not.
>>
>>31006913
Usually something to do with rectal thermometers.
>>
>>31007754
POOPAW SHERPMERT
>>
File: deliverance machine.jpg (104KB, 1069x750px) Image search: [Google]
deliverance machine.jpg
104KB, 1069x750px
>>31008257
IT, AECF, CT (not N or I they rarely go on ships), theres also nuke but (pic related)
>>
>>31008664
I've heard police depts have a hard on for Marines over other branches but can't verify.
>>
File: a+Josh-support-comp.jpg (49KB, 300x247px) Image search: [Google]
a+Josh-support-comp.jpg
49KB, 300x247px
>>31009406
>>
File: 1464207369344.jpg (1MB, 1119x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1464207369344.jpg
1MB, 1119x1750px
>transgender ban lifted, deadline july 2017

I'm MtF and I've waited my whole life for this. Which branch should I join?
>>
>>31010315
the branch where you tie your noose onto and hang youself
>>
>>31010367
Well if I'm going to kill myself I might as well serve my country and wait to get PTSD before I do it.
>>
>>31010315
I've been thinking of joining up too. Maybe Navy?
>>
>>31009175
>told the recruiter you had a common medical procedure done and were prescribed common medication from a professional to get better.
>told the recruiter you did a drug she probably did too at one point
>thinking she cares much
>even if she does, you want a grunt job where no one cares as long as you piss clean during your time in
>>
File: OtYYjfz.jpg (143KB, 1722x1411px) Image search: [Google]
OtYYjfz.jpg
143KB, 1722x1411px
>>31010367
That would be Navy. Air force has more degenerates like transexuals, furries, and paedophiles but Navy #1 an hero.
>>
>>30989253
What earns you a 9.1
>>
>>31008866
No.

Blue to green is not much of a thing either.
>>
>tfw want to serve
>tfw past anxiety

So how do I max my chances of getting a waiver for this dumb shit
>>
Meps is tomorrow, no prior medical anything. Today I passed out, I woke up on the floor in the living room with no memory of how I got there. Took an x-ray of my chest, ekg for my heart, and a ct scan of my head. They found nothing but recommended a specialist.

I think I've been working out too hard but idk cus I'm chubby and it's not an intensive work out.

What do I do?
>>
>>30991485
No.
>>
>>31010315
fucking kill yourself. everyone would hate you
>>
>>31010498
What would Army be?
>>
>>31011443
Army would be where Private Picklefuck shits on your bunk every single time he can manage.
>>
>>31011198
Sounds like dehydration. Drink more water
>>
>>31008385
>>31008277
>Completely retarded. How would removing food for a protein shake instead help?

Lets see:

Average meal for Dinner
>1000+ calories

Protein shake
>200 calories tops

The guy wants to get in shape, you do it by cutting calories.
>>
>>31009377
Pssq was probably rejected since my mom isn't a citizen and I traveled frequently in and out of country
>>
>>31012294
Not to mention PROTEIN reduces appetite not broscience google that shit
>>
>>31009088
Well done.
Deserves a response.
>>
>>31011426

Not really. Intel units are usually super liberal.
>>
>>31008600
thank you because I have been thinking about it a lot i really want just to do short stint then transfer to army reserve and become a police officer
>>
>>31005574

Psh that shit is cake. Even in the field. All you have to do is trade a carton of smokes here or a case of beer there. Seriously it's like you people never 11bang-banged.
>>
File: NG.jpg (21KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
NG.jpg
21KB, 260x260px
Alright so I'm gonna throw this out there.

I'm joining the Massachusetts Guard. Infantry or Combat Engineer? Anybody from MA who can give me some insight on how their units are?

>"You will barely do your job and it won't be high-speed"

I'm aware. I'm thinking of eventually going out for my State's SF unit, but want to get my feet wet first.

>"Why aren't you just going Active?"

I have a good job that understands the nature of the Guard and own very good property I don't want to give up, while still serving my time. I'm 28 and don't want to live in the barracks.
>>
>>31013269
I'm an infantry reservist from another country but I'm going to give my 2c whether you care or not.
Of those two I'd choose infantry as combat engineer seems lame to me building bridges and cutting trees and that shit.
But I'd recommend a cavalry or cavalry scout 100x over infantry if you have that option. If you don't like being in vehicles (which will change after you start walking around with a pack) go for a recon/scout role, sneaky more enjoyable training
>>
>>31008600
next question does my time at basic and OCS count toward the three years
>>
>>31009440

They are black now.
>>
>>31010383

You have PTSD from being raped as a kid while wearing a dress that is why your fucked up now.
>>
>>31013305
timer starts after commission
>>
File: hanging frog.gif (392KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
hanging frog.gif
392KB, 200x210px
>>31010865
>>
File: just fuck my brows up.jpg (65KB, 462x630px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my brows up.jpg
65KB, 462x630px
>want to join
>have eczema
>>
File: 1467775512395.jpg (194KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467775512395.jpg
194KB, 1024x1024px
>>31013368
>want to join
>have GED
Im allowed no fun
>>
>>31013350
thought so thank you
>>
File: 1471232017946.jpg (610KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1471232017946.jpg
610KB, 2592x1936px
>>31013392
15 credits, nigger.
>>
I have an old M65 field jacket I wear in the winter. Would I catch shit for wearing it with civilian clothes on base?
>>
>>31014601
only if they confused it for the recent goretex field jackets.
it is technically a mil uniform tho.
is it a marine corps base?
>>
Remember, no qts.
>>
>>30993036
Just do it man. If you have the opportunity to enlist, do it. Like the other anon said, there's guys who have the will and motivation who get DQ'ed for something they were 'born with' and it fucking sucks. If you have the capability to improve yourself stop complaining and improve yourself. Trust me, nobody goes into the military being exactly what they "want you to be"
>>
>>31014340
Can do that in one semester right?
>>
>>30994173
68W or "Healthcare Specialist" is really a fancy word for the honored position of "Combat Medic" by the way. It doesn't sound very dangerous by the MOS title, but you'll be with the grunts
>>
File: vd.jpg (120KB, 564x828px) Image search: [Google]
vd.jpg
120KB, 564x828px
>>31014875
As long as they are easy classes, some people do 18+. Have you taken asvab?
>>
>>30999587
I know 2 prior Marines, and 2 current sailors who basically all tell me the Marine Corps has the shittiest life style and the shittiest jobs of all the branches. And the shittiest living conditions. Damn sure am glad I enlisted in the Army, those Marine recruiters do make it sound badass. But really dude, the right branch for me, or the people I know, may not be the right branch for you. Talk too current and prior Marines if possible
>>
>>31002002
Nah man my friend just shipped out to Jackson as a 68W and he just turned 18
>>
>>30999587
if you love comfort like this pussy >>31014960
go ahead and join the army or even better the navy because at least they treat you well.
if you want to better yourself and get some fucking challenge in your life then look up the marine corps core values, the marine corps heritage and history, leadership traits and principles. read mcdp-1 and if that shit gets you going and makes you think: "hey fuck that sounds like some good shit." then guess where you belong.
>>
>>31014941
I went to see the recruiter and took the short pre test and scored perfect on everything if that means anything
>>
File: ruralslav.jpg (200KB, 596x459px) Image search: [Google]
ruralslav.jpg
200KB, 596x459px
>>31014999
Not navy if you want to be comfortable, unless you get a rate that never goes to sea. AF still has hire living standards than Navy shore duty. Only disadvantage is AF bases are mostly in the middle of bumfuck nowhere methville.
>>
>>31015025
take 15 credits of easiest classes you can get then.
>>
>>31015057
there are a lot of rates that arent sailor bub
>>
Can any milfags translate this for me? Might not be the right place to ask but I can't think of anyone else who would know morse
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xytdd0x5wad48j2/loona%20morse.mp3?dl=1
>>
File: IT.jpg (179KB, 1184x1488px) Image search: [Google]
IT.jpg
179KB, 1184x1488px
>>31015094
NO.
>>
>>31015177
plz Navy dubz
>>
File: i want this shirt.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
i want this shirt.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>31015186
Literally nobody in the military knows mores code anymore. We would if we could, bitch.
>>
File: JUST hair.png (163KB, 392x324px) Image search: [Google]
JUST hair.png
163KB, 392x324px
>>31013368
>want to join
>have a food allergy
>already told them so it's too late to lie about it

>>30993036
>>31014830
This, if I had another chance I'd take it in a heartbeat. Just go for it.
>>
>>31014629
Army
>>
File: sphagetti condom.jpg (351KB, 1440x1699px) Image search: [Google]
sphagetti condom.jpg
351KB, 1440x1699px
>>31015377
Easy waiver
>>
>>31013305
Assuming you pass OCS, then you accept the 3 year obligation with your commission on the last day of OCS.

If you do not pass OCS, then you continue on your 3 year enlistment contract that you signed before you went to OCS.
>>
>>31013305
>>31015649
Almost forgot; basic and OCS time counts toward your 8 year total military obligation, as well as obviously pay, time in service, and all that.
>>
>>31012294
>>31012306
So Protein shake for dinner is a go then?
Also when using a TDEE calculator, since I haven't started yet; should I put how much I plan to workout for activity level or just 0 days?
>>
>>30993171
>Oh it's so hard!
>Ah I probably couldn't do it even if I tried and there obviously aren't any benefits to trying something so fuck it.
You are the reason my generation is shit. Three years ago I weighed 360 lbs. I hated myself so I changed myself. Now I weigh 200 with a BF% of 20%. I'm not sad I could have done it sooner or about my loose skin. I'm mad at myself because of it and I'll use that to improve myself.

But you won't. You'll sit on your couch and pop xanax until you feel better.
>>
>>30999245
25 here, no but you'll get called old. If you don't have the life experience to deal with that then fuck off idiot.

At my future soldiers meetings there was a 34 year old who fit in just fine.
>>
>>31015780
>>>31012294
>>>31012306
>So Protein shake for dinner is a go then?
Do it man.
>Also when using a TDEE calculator, since I haven't started yet; should I put how much I plan to workout for activity level or just 0 days?
Put a sedentary lifestyle for now.

It's good you're taking this step of counting calories.
>>
just spoke to my recruiter about 18x... I'm not 100% that i'll pass my security clearance though. How does the process work? I don't want to sign a 6 year contract and not get my security clearance. He said I have a security interview before medical and that's when i get it or not. I feel like he's bullshitting me because earlier he had said that the interviewer just makes sure I meet the minimum requirements for a clearance.
>>
Guys I fucked up. I'm shipping out for BMT next month on the 27th. I thought for sure I was going to drop out of DEP, so I smoked a couple times. Now I really want to ship and feel fucking retarded. Anyway that's not the point, I'm buying a shit ton of cranberry juice and will be flushing my system for the next month and a half along with running like a madman. You guys think smoking like 3 times over a couple of weeks will stick with me for another 5 weeks if I do that shit? I'll probably self test so I don't show up to MEPS and piss hot and fuck my future over so
>>
>>31016309

If it's a piss test you really only need two weeks
>>
>>31016230
is it possible to get a 4 year contract with 18x?
>>
>>31016370

No. They used to do 5 year but I literally got back from talking to my recruiter 30 min ago and he said it's 6 years now due to all of the training.
>>
>>31016398
Oh yea that makes sense but it sucks coz you can't do 4+4 and kiss the army goodbye indefinitely. Gotta do more time

Did the recruiter make you sign anything?

I hear they supposed to make you sign at MEPS
>>
>>31016456

Only two papers to release my court/police records. I'm getting a bad feeling about him because it seems like he's trying to rush me through. I have a feeling the army wants them signing up every schmuck for 6 years as possible.
>>
File: Literally OP.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Literally OP.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>31016309
shitbag alert shitbag alert this is not a drill shitbag alert all hands on deck
>>
File: 1465586818499.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1465586818499.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>31012294
>Average meal for Dinner
>1000 calories
Ummm maybe if you are fat and stupid.
>Chicken breasts is 200-250 calories
>sweet potatoe 100-150 calories
>50 calories of Brocolli
So are you fat or stupid?
>>31012306
>Not to mention PROTEIN reduces appetite not broscience google that shit
Ya except the amount is insanely negligible. IF it were that easy then every fat ass in the world would easily loose weight by just drinking protein shakes faggot.
>>31015780
Listen to me, these idiots you are talking to are feeding you a line of bullshit. They dont know what they are talking about and you are going to crash from this stupid ass meme diet. You cant starve yourself or else your hormones will crash and so will your metabolism. Eat a real dinner that will keep you full. Just use no butter or oils and youll be fine. Look above, chicken breast sweet potato and brocolli. Go look up the fucking calories.
All you need to do is eat around 1700 calories and youre fine. PLan your meals out accordingly. If you are a male of healthy age and height and are goig to be working out youll loose 2 lbs a week on that roughly. If you are more active up your calories. Loosing anymore than 2lbs a week will fuck you up.
>>31016219
>So Protein shake for dinner is a go then?
>Do it man.
No he shouldnt you dyel idiot.
>>
>>31016815
>pogue knowing shit all about diet and exercise

Na cunt
>>
>>31016862
How about you actually refute what i said cunt?
Btw stop buying into the meme that everyone in infantry is a super soldier. We've had plenty of infantry people in these threads talking about how stupid and lazy alot of people in infantry are.
>>
>>31016703
Well think that if you want but I had already told my recruiter I wanted out of the DEP. He was the one that convinced me to stick through it.
>>
>>31012294
How the fucks dinner 1000+ calories?

>Amerifat?
>>
posting again hoping for a knowledgeable reply. Can I drag out the process to make sure i get my clearance before I sign?

just spoke to my recruiter about 18x... I'm not 100% that i'll pass my security clearance though. How does the process work? I don't want to sign a 6 year contract and not get my security clearance. He said I have a security interview before medical and that's when i get it or not. I feel like he's bullshitting me because earlier he had said that the interviewer just makes sure I meet the minimum requirements for a clearance.
>>
>>31017066
Thank you, finally someone with a brain
>>31017047
>He was the one that convinced me to stick through it.
What a surprise, thats his job. Btw thats plenty of time youll be fine. Also cranberry juice doesnt do anything at all, thats an old wives tale.
>>
>>30989253
Go at the minimum pace. Relax. You can do it.
>>
>>31017066

Totally normal in America, DESU. Especially if you consider 400 calories of dessert to be a standard part of dinner.

We're not talking people on a diet here. Tons of everyday civilians toss back >1,000 calorie meals fairly often. Two slices of pizza + some other shit will get you there pretty easy. Hell, if you get a pasta dish at a shitty chain restaurant some of those break 2,000 calories all on their own.

So, yeah, swapping whatever shitty meal you're eating for a protein shake will pretty much immediately impose a 600+ calorie deficit.
>>
>>31017100

>posting again hoping for a knowledgeable reply. Can I drag out the process to make sure i get my clearance before I sign?

No.

>just spoke to my recruiter about 18x... I'm not 100% that i'll pass my security clearance though.

18X get a shitty Secret clearance. It's easy to pass. I can totally understand people who want to get into spoopy shit and have to take polygraphs being worried. Coolguys usually don't get their fingers in all that shit, so stop stressing about it.
>>
File: 21331.jpg (545KB, 2500x1656px) Image search: [Google]
21331.jpg
545KB, 2500x1656px
>>31015668
thank you next question what is the ADSO for promotion to 1st lieutenant
>>
>>31017805
You are right and wrong, see >>31016815
hes far better served still eating dinner, just s far healthier version.
>>31017100
I never had an interview for my secret, i just got it. What did he say the interview was about, do you have a record or something? Also id recommend just calling another recruiter and verifying it with him just to be safe.
>>
>>31017886
>hes far better served still eating dinner, just s far healthier version.

He'd be far, far better served getting a butler to home-cook him perfectly portioned and nutritious meals.

The reason "swap it for a shake" works is that it's fucking easy. People can actually do it. Buying a bunch of shit and cooking it on a regular basis just leads to ordering pizza out of laziness.
>>
>>31017853
How are 18x considered special forces if they don't have a TS?
>>
>>31017977

This. The best diet is the one you can stick to, not the one that works best in theory.
>>
>>31017978

Most Special Forces don't have a TS. Trigger pullers don't need to know TS information to do their jobs.

Civilians get this idea that TS stuff must be Jason Bourne blackops bullshit. Tactical/Operational level intelligence is almost always sanitized down to just the Secret level so you can give it out to all the trigger pullers. TS is usually reserved for pasty basement-dwellers.
>>
>>31018072
>>31017977
SO let me get this straight,
cooking chicken breasts in the oven, multiple ones at a time so you have multiple meals,
Cooking rice in a cooker, again you can use it for multiple meals,
Steaming a good amount of brocolli, again again you can use it for multiple meals,
Thats to difficult to stick to???
You people are fucking idiots, if he just drinks a protein shake he is going to be starving, hes going to crash and gorge on food.
He wont be able to sleep or concentrate let alone workout cause he will be starving. You have to actually eat otherwise you crash and rebound and binge. Extreme crash diets always fail. Set a goal and stick to it. 1700 calories a day of real food is going to keep him full and fueled.
>>31017978
>special forces if they don't have a TS?
Almost none of them have a TS, its not like the movies kid.
>>
>>31018279

>Thats to difficult to stick to???

It's difficult enough to stick to it that a fuckton of Americans are giant hamplanets. So, yeah.

Cooking healthy is *simple*, but it isn't *easy*. Drinking a shake is both. That's the difference.

Drinking a shake isn't a crash diet. It'll leave you full once you get used to it.
>>
>>31017879

Officer ADSO comes from school, not rank.
>>
>>31018388
>Drinking a shake isn't a crash diet.
yes it is
>>31018388
>It'll leave you full once you get used to it.
No it wont, it isnt a magic potion that fills you up somehow.

hes going to be starving, do you not understand this? Do you know what the word starving means? He will be hungry as fuck and wont be able to sleep, he wont be able to recover from his workouts and his body will think hes starving and go into survival mode. He needs to have a slight caloric defecit not an enormous one. PLus the act of chewing and having solid substances in your stomach is more satiating than a fucking shake.
>>
>>31018415
than you for all your help final question what about change of duty station i incur ADSO as well correct. three years I imagine that would not occur bar extraordinary circumstances, I intend to transfer to army reserve starting the process in my 3rd year
>>
>>31018706
>>31018706
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.