[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOJ Firearms Hearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 259269_full.jpg (101KB, 1000x661px) Image search: [Google]
259269_full.jpg
101KB, 1000x661px
I live in California. I checked myself into a mental hospital because my girlfriend of 3 years cheated on me. I am responsible with firearms and have used them for about 10 years. Any advice on what to say during the hearing would be appreciated.
>>
HEIL FEINSTEIN!
>>
Remove your firearms from the state of California right fucking now. Don't think about it. Don't mull it over. Get in your vehicle and drive them across the fucking state border right fucking now or hide them with someone you can completely trust who will not say shit.
>>
>>30988615
They raided my house and took the ar15 i owned. This is the only way to get it and a lot of ammunition back.
>>
>>30988636
You're not getting any of it back.
>>
>>30988643
That unlikely, huh?
My main angle is that I can't seek gainful employment with this on my record.
>>
Wait, in Cali even willingly checking yourself into a mental ward is grounds for taking your guns? Jesus. How did they know you owned them?
>>
>>30988708
The friend that I kept them with tried to steal them. My only recourse was to involve the police.
>>
You're not getting them back. I'm sorry
>>
>>30988724
this whole scenario sounds fishy as fuck
who actually owns the firearms? why were you keeping them at your friend's place? when did you check yourself into the hospital? recently?
>>
>>30988746
I lived at a friends house. I legally owned them. I checked myself into a hospital less than 5 years ago but got 5250'd. At this point i'm almost better off buying new ones on the black market.
>>
File: this thread eject.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
this thread eject.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>
>>30988585
Good luck.
>>
>>30988772
>5250'd
yeah you're pretty fucked
involuntary mental visits are pretty much a no-go for guns and they will seize your guns if they find out about it (which they apparently did)
>>
>>30988654
Get it off your record. Get gainful employment,. GTFO Calileningrad.

I'm truly about your AR m8
>>
>>30988772
Wait wait wait you said "checked yourself in."

5250 is involuntary. You're done hombre, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, thats it. You can never legally acquire a firearm anywhere in the united states ever again.
>>
>>30988857
They held me beyond the 72 hours because I suffered a head injury during an attack from my ex and they thought I was loopy.
>>
I think I understand what happened.

You had firearms. You got involuntarily committed over GF bullshit. You got released.

Years later friend stole your firearms, you idiotically involved the police and alerted them to the fact you were illegally in possession of firearms, they seized your firearms. Now you want advice on getting your firearms back

You're boned. You can't acquire firearms legally, in California or anywhere else for that matter. Plus, if I put this together correctly, you had firearms illegally for several years. That uh doesn't look good at a hearing.
>>
>>30988883
I dont think theres an exception in "have you ever been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric institution?" for "got hit in the head" but I'm not a lawyer.

You should talk to a lawyer at this point, preferably one specializing in firearms law. No one else can help you
>>
Even if you miraculously got the gun back, say good bye to your ammo.

Why don't you have a lawyer?
>>
>>30988931
Lawyers hardly take a case like this.

You know, I hardly expected any support in this. The people who say it's done and over are plentiful in this thread. It's easy to feel alienatory when you're not affected. The lack of rights supporters in this thread are astounding. I've lurked on /k/ for years. I'm surprised that as soon as details emerge, though numerous, are making it difficult to follow. It's like getting kicked when you're already down.
>>
best bet is to get an 80% lower and start from scratch
>>
>>30988983
I'd take that option anyday. I already have a list of reasons that I'll use at this hearing to make my case. I've just had no support from talking to family lawyers (who are noguns) that makes it difficult. They say that if I never owned anything gun related it wouldve made face easier.
>>
>>30989007
>Lawyers hardly take a case like this.
have you actually talked to anyone? NRA? Calguns foundation?
>>
>>30989135
I've talked to two lawyers so far. They both didn't want to take it unless charges were filed for me owning the gun, which was purchased after the mental hospital visit (because i didn't think they reported it based on the information I gave). I'm mainly interested in trying to get it back on my own then if that option fails go the illegal route.
>>
>>30988585

>checked yourself into a mental hospital
>in Commiefornia

You dun fucked up.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>30988585
You're fucked anon, you will never own guns.

Your AR is either going to be sold at a police auction or thrown in a incinerator.

Also, you will probably never own guns in your lifetime ever again.

Enjoy air guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 330x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 330x328px
>>30989007
What do you expect us to say OP?

You did something incredibly stupid things, in the worst state in the country no less, and now you're asking us to help you unfuck your situation, when in reality you should've sought some actual legal advice a lot sooner than now.

You relinquished your rights willingly and nothing /k/ or pretty much anyone except Cali officials can change that, and you can count on them taking as many rights from you as humanly possible before this is all over.

If I were you OP I would just leave the United States right now because, guns or not your, life there in Cali is going to be absolute trash from here on out.
>>
>>30989168
Maybe you went to the wrong type of lawyers? Were they criminal defense lawyers? You don't want to defend yourself if no one's filed charges, you want to sue for your rights and guns back.
>>
>>30989168
Are you stupid? Don't post on an internet forum that you may "go the illegal route." No one would want to take a case from someone that idiotic unless they were rich or famous.
>>
>>30990813
Well he committed himself instead of getting drunk with the bros and hitting a tiddy bar so ya pretty stupid
>>
File: 1456762127196.jpg (35KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1456762127196.jpg
35KB, 351x351px
>>30989168
you're fucking done

go move to a warzone if you want to even see guns again.

go join the kurds or something
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.