[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 22lr a big enough round to kill feral cats with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
Is 22lr a big enough round to kill feral cats with?
>>
>>30984013
yup
>>
>>30984013
It's enough to kill yourself :^)
>>
>>30984013
yes. Go for the head.
>>
>>30984013
For the love of god don't use .223. I will never make that mistake again.
>>
Is it bad I wish I was there to help you? That sounds fun as fuck.
>>
File: 1464534017405.jpg (101KB, 320x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464534017405.jpg
101KB, 320x360px
>>30984013
You need 6mm Flobert, ultimate stopping powah
>>
File: image.jpg (278KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278KB, 800x598px
I am in a city and obviously firearms use is banned in city limits. However there are dozens of feral cats running around my neighborhood. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I could use a powerful air rifle? I think those aren't classified as firearms. Or maybe do it at night
>>
>>30984030
Yeah, he's trying to kill them, not wound them and take his buddies out of the fight.
>>
>>30984106
haveaheart trap and a barrel of water.
>>
>>30984106
Pour lemongrass everywhere, most animals hate this scent
>>
>>30984113
I was trying to hit the cat that was fucking the other cat but adjusted for distance when I shouldn't have and hit the cat getting fucked and took the other ones dick off. Cats guts spilled out and I had to pick it up to bury it.
>>
>>30984013
if you can, take something bigger. there's a good chance you wound one and then a shitstorm is bound to happen
>>
>>30984128
Good idea. Wish I didn't have to spend 50 bucks on it though.

>>30984132
I'm not trying to slightly annoy them. I'm trying to permanently get rid of a pest.
>>
>>30984013
I don't see why not.
>>
>>30984135
You shot him in the dick? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: yuno-truck.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yuno-truck.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>30984113
I know you're joking but that shit makes me fume anyway.
>>
>>30984200
there are cheaper knockoffs, and they are ten or fifteen if you find one at a garage sale. much less hassle than alternative methods and you don't accidentally kill someones property.
>>
>>30984204
The only way to win the war is to make sure they can not reproduce. And I wasn't trying to, I just can't judge distance worth a damn.
>>
>>30984200
www.ebay.com/itm/Humane-Animal-Trap-32x12x12-Steel-Cage-Live-Rodent-Control-Skunk-Rabbit-Opossum/351475619760?
>>
File: tGeke0X.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tGeke0X.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>30984106
Actually, unless you want to deal with lots of dead cats, it's better to use something that just keeps them away in the first place.

We had about 19 different stray cats around the neighborhood at one time. Used a homemade spray like this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Friendly-but-Effective-Cat-Repellent/

And haven't seen them on my property in a long time. Directly squirted a few with a super soaker I picked up at a thrift shop for cheap. They took off like they were on fire.

Also heard people use paintball and airsoft on them with some degree of success. YMMV.
>>
>>30984013
Lol enjoy your ban.
>>
File: 1470511256274.jpg (41KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1470511256274.jpg
41KB, 508x524px
>>30984013
>it's an op posts an image that looks like something its isn't episode
>>
>>30984338
Nevermind. I need new glasses.
>>
>>30984335
>Actually, unless you want to deal with lots of dead cats
Why wouldn't you? Feral cats are an incredibly destructive invasive species.

>it's better to use something that just keeps them away in the first place.
I bet you don't even clean out your watercraft because you think zebra mussels aren't a big issue.
>>
>>30984106
compound bow or crossbow. retrieve all arows/bolts. Have used, is effective, silent.
>>
>>30985846
>Invasive species
>i care about the environment!

I keep hearing this but it's never really came across as sincere, and whenever people like you are asked why you do this you're extremely defensive about it.

I think the real reason is that you just want an excuse to shoot animals.
>>
>>30986105
Okay then, how do suggest we get rid of invasive species?
>>
>>30986151
Deflecting my statement huh, lets try that again. I think you're using this as excuse to shoot animals. I think you don't really give a damn about it being an invasive species, I don't think you give a damn about the environment. I think you want excuse to kill things.

You're likely a psychopath.
>>
>>30986347
No, you sound as though some of us wanting to get rid of invasive species is insincere, despite invasive species being ecologically terrible for any given environment.

So answer the question, what do you purpose would be better to get rid of an invasive species, which will push away native species and over consume and destroy a given area, other than trying to shoot and otherwise remove them for good through violent means?
>>
File: iipsrv[1].jpg (30KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
iipsrv[1].jpg
30KB, 550x550px
22.lr can do anything if you have enough of them op.
>>
You catch, spay, and release ferals.

There is a shelter somewhere near you that will provide the live trap and fix them for free.
>>
>>30984360
filthy frogposter
>>
>>30984106
subsonic air rifle is good for ferals
>>
>>30986781
or you just kill them? they are a pest. they destroy local ecosystems. they piss everywhere. they can be aggressive. they are not cute. fuck off with your peta baby bull shiet. you wouldn't trap and spay a rat, why cats?.
>>
>>30984106
Or you could just leave the cats be you psychopath
>>
>>30986872
ferals keep the rodents, fleas, and ticks' populations down.

you want the black death? because killing the cats is how you get black death.
>>
>>30986895
a woman? on my board?
>>
>>30986898
Flea theory is a bit weak, as fleas are actually picky eaters, and there have been very little records of mass rat death, which would prompt the flea from changing hosts.

>>30986895
You have no idea how destructive feral cats really are to just about any environment.
>>
>>30986895

Crazy cat lady detected.
>>
>>30984013
22LR works okay, but not great. I was always partial to 9mm (from a carbine) or 22Mag.

Don't try live trapping them unless you are willing to shoot or spear them in the trap, a disturbing number are afflicted with rabies and will fight over flee. I recommend snares if realistic. Wear gloves when handling the bodies, many have fleas and ringworm.

After years of dealing with my neighbors' feral cat factory a couples miles down the road and having a rabies scare, I just started popping them with a 25-06.
>>
>>30984106
Unless the cats are doing something to you leave them. You have choice cats or rats...
>>
>>30987040
This isn't the 11th century.
>>
>>30986898
This post reminds me of that Simpsons episode with the lizards, some convoluted chain of invasive species being somehow beneficial.
>>
>>30986449
You're trying to make it out like I'm against the way you're killing animals, it's not that, it's the intentions that I'm questioning, I know you're not very intelligent as our conversation has gone along, but let me make this very clear.

You're full of shit if you're trying to convince me that you're just doing this for the environment. You only want to shoot animals for fun. Your intentions are for pleasure, not for protecting the environment, that's just a result of you getting your jollies out of shooting animals.

I am not saying this is wrong, but the fact that you're trying to cover it up shows me you're likely a psychopath.

How will you identify the differences between a feral cat and domestic one without a collar?
>>
>>30987217
I've only started to respond with >>30986151. I'm not the original person you have been speaking with.

And as for identifying feral and domestic, yes it is with the collar. That is also how feral and domestic dogs are also identified, except cats do nothing when left out, but kill just about anything and everything they can, along with becoming disease vectors themselves, like rats. They are incredibly destructive, and have caused numerous of native species all over the USA to hit a point where extinction is very immanent, if not already.
>>
>>30987318
"I've only started to respond with >>30986151. I'm not the original person you have been speaking with. " Well I'm glad you finally identified that.

"And as for identifying feral and domestic, yes it is with the collar. That is also how feral and domestic dogs are also identified, except cats do nothing when left out, but kill just about anything and everything they can, along with becoming disease vectors themselves, like rats. They are incredibly destructive, and have caused numerous of native species all over the USA to hit a point where extinction is very immanent, if not already."

Jesus christ look at this laughable line of reasoning. You cannot identify the differences between a feral and domestic cat, you just proved to everyone here you cannot by your hilarious misinterpretation of my question. I didn't say "will you identify them through collars" I said "How will you" as in if a domestic cat is loose or let outside without a collar how can you tell it's feral without further identification. You just proved you cannot, shooting someones pets is illegal, you'll be sitting in the back of a squad car for doing this. Since it's pretty evident now that you are indeed crazy, they probably will be able to do that in court too, say good bye to your guns idiot.

You can cry in court about how "Boo hoo cats are evil! They kill rats and other local wildlife! They carry diseases" but the court is only going to see a crazy man who decided to shoot peoples pets with very laughable justification.

Of course, this is your best case scenario. The worst is that you'll end up shooting someones cat who's a better marksmen than you are.
>>
>>30987217
>it's not that
Yeah, it's not. It's that cats are cute and native birds and mammals aren't as cute.
>>
>>30987443
It's more like "I just wanna kill something" than "I wanna protect the environment guys!"
>>
>>30986105
>>30986347
>>30986895
>>30987040
>>30987217
>>30987425
>>30987480
>Projecting this hard
>>
>>30987480
Why not both? If you're gonna kill something you can't do better than a cat.
>b-but he shouldn't do it still because psychopathy or something
That's what you're saying and it's retarded nonsense.
>>
>>30987532
There is that Nutria problem in Louisiana. Fuckers are chewing through everything, which is fucking over the wetland and the terrestrial animals that live around there.
>>
how do you know which ones are feral and not just house cats let outside during the day?
>>
>>30984135
> Cats guts spilled out and I had to pick it up to bury it.

Fucking lost it.
>>
>>30987521
>Being a psychopath

>>30987532
Once again you morons don't quite realize what I mean. I'm not saying killing invasive species is wrong, I am saying that your intentions are purely for joy, and whenever you're asked "Why" you're extremely defensive and try to justify to everyone that you're some kind of environmentally conscious guy who cares about his local bird population.

I am calling you a psychopath because instead of just saying "I really just wanna do it for fun" you're trying to cover it up.

Also shooting other peoples pets is illegal, and since you guys have failed hard at trying to explain how you will identify the differences between a feral and a domestic with no collar I can assure you that one day you'll end up in the back of someones squad car crying about how you care about the environment to a cop.

Now let me explain what my other problem with this. The media and liberals will eat it up. Can you read the headlines yet, retard? "Gun owners kill pets!" I'm sure that'll make the rest of us look great.
>>
>>30987630
edgy
>>
>>30987643
And you are getting angry for not having the answer you want. Given that I also volunteer to remove invasive plants as well as other invasive animals, I actually do care about the environment I live in.
>>
>>30987687
So what happens when you kill someones pet and you go to jail.

See I'll just limit my responses to be more on your level of reasoning, so that you won't get distracted.
>>
>>30987617

you can usually tell pretty easily. feral cats tend to have completely different behaviour, a lot more jumpy and cautious, often have one eye and a ear torn off because of fights, bad coat of fur, etc

domestic cats look like domestic cats, and act like them. feral cats look fucking feral.

>>30986105
>>30986347

definitely lives in the city or the suburbs. you have no idea how destructive feral cats can be. they're not good for domestic cats either. you're exceedingly ignorant.
>>
File: damage control.jpg (865B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
865B, 64x64px
>>30987643
>I am calling you a psychopath because instead of just saying "I really just wanna do it for fun" you're trying to cover it up.
You're a pyschologist, right? Must be with rock solid logic like that. One could easily make the case that you're a pyschopath by your own watered down logic.
>i like cats and don't give a fuck about the damage they do because it doesn't affect me
See how that works?
>Also shooting other peoples pets is illegal
If your pet doesn't have a collar and is on someone else's property(as it would need to be in order to be shot) then I'm fairly certain some squaddies aren't gonna come and buttfuck you.
>Can you read the headlines yet, retard? "Gun owners kill pets!" I'm sure that'll make the rest of us look great.
"gun owners like guns" is a headline that liberals find worthy of derision, you're in full damage control mode.
>>
>>30987725
You're ignorant of the law if you think you can just kill pets for fun. Enjoy losing your guns.
>>
>>30987756
My god look at this retard.

Here let me just make this clear
http://www.straypetadvocacy.org/PDF/AnimalCrueltyLaws.pdf

No, you can't shoot peoples pets. Holy shit, you're a moron if you think there aren't legal consequences for killing pets.

Now this might be alright in some areas, but typically when you kill someones pet or domesticated animal you have to justify that it was damaging your livestock, as in unless you're a farmer it's very unlikely that any of you retards are getting away with killing someones cat or dog.

What is repeated in many states is "Intentionally or recklessly subjects an animal to cruel mistreatment, cruel neglect, kills or injures an
animal without the owner’s consent, cruelly or unnecessarily kills or injures any animal.”

Most are misdemeanors with a 1000 dollar fine and or 6 months in jail. So here's my new question for you guys. Is killing someones cat really worth six months in jail for?

Even if all of you killed dozens of cats a day, you'll never be able to really make much of a dent against the problem. The answer to this problem is to petition your states to create a law requiring the owner of these cats to keep them inside, or someone prevent them from leaving the owners property.
>>
>>30987899
So now we're from shooting stray cats to killing house pets. Stop shifting the goal posts. We get it, cats are pure and cannot do wrong in your eyes, and that every cat is someone's pet.
>>
>>30987939
Killing invasive species isn't the issue, idiot. It's you not being able to prove to me that you can identify a domestic cat with no collar on.
>>
>>30986895
So you hate native birds then?
>>
>>30987958
Yea fuck birds, they shit on my car, fuck them.

Why do you hate cars bro? Can't afford one? lel poorfag.
>>
>>30987954
That's not how the law works mate, familiarize yourself with the concept of mens rea and then realize it's probably a good idea to put collar on your pet or better yet not let it run around doing whatever the fuck it wants.
>>
>>30988010
You cannot kill domestic animals without consent of the owner.

http://www.straypetadvocacy.org/PDF/AnimalCrueltyLaws.pdf
>>
>>30988031
>You cannot kill domestic animals without consent of the owner.
Define domestic animals in a way that addresses what i said.
>>
>>30988031
>Exceptions are made for research, protection of life or property, training, or shooting a dog or cat for urinating or defecating on property
Seems you can
>>
birds are very important
>>
>>30988031
Notice the word Malice gets repeated quite a bit, might want to look that up aswell.
>>
File: Liberals Are Insane.png (59KB, 928x474px) Image search: [Google]
Liberals Are Insane.png
59KB, 928x474px
I figure this is relevant to this thread.

There is nothing inherently "inhumane" about shooting a pest species. There is nothing "psychotic" about engaging in an activity that humans have been engaging in for millenia: pest control.

If anyone has mental issues, it's the limpwristed numales that take issue with these activities.
>>
>>30988063
In some states you can, in others you cannot. But many stories in here and likely scenarios you guys use arent a cat or dog peeing in your yard, which is a ridiculous reason to shoot someones pet over, its you guys basically hunting them. "Killing cats for fucking" isn't doing anything listed in exemptions that some states have.

If all cats were forced with a collar on, that might be alright, but since a lot of owners do not do this and many places do not force owners to do so, you are very likely to kill a domesticated cat and not a feral. I don't care if you guys think you're protecting the environment by killing pets, the fact of the matter is that if you think walking around neighborhoods and shooting peoples cats is a good idea, I have bad news for you.
>>
>>30988140
Killing someones pets isn't pest control, it's actually called a misdemeanor in most places.
>>
>>30984515
Haha, me too man. I seen what you seen.
>>
>>30986781
>near you that will provide the live trap and fix them for free.
no. there isn't.
>>
>>30988176
>Killing someones pets isn't pest control

If the pet is a pest, it very much is. It doesn't have to be born in the wild to kill chickens and run off birds.

>it's actually called a misdemeanor in most places.

If you just shoot it as it stands on a street corner, sure. But if it's on my land and demonstrably causing damage I can, and will, put a .22-250 up its ass.
>>
>>30988140
>MRO
that is most definitely fucked up.
liberals are indeed insane.
>>
>>30986781
Hawaii did this but abandoned it after it didn't produce results. They have started killing feral cats again.
>>
>>30988158

>walking around neighborhoods and shooting peoples cats
No one is talking about strolling through a suburb and popping cats as they sunbathe on a porch.They're talking about shooting actively harmful cats on their own property.
>>
>>30988158
>>30988176
You really need to stop shifting the goalposts and stop all of this projection. Plus, it's illegal to walk around town shooting at animals. If it's on someone's property, not wearing a collar, and is fucking shit up, Mitten's owners should have been more responsible and gave it some identification before letting it run rampant over everyone else's land.
>>
>>30988158
kek. control your animals and nobody is going to shoot them you stupid nigger. if theyre on your property or accompanied by you, as theyre legally supposed to be, anyone trying to hurt them will be subject to numerous laws. if theyre running free and being nuisance animals, nobody gives a shit if cletus decides to shoot them.
>>
>>30986347
>When did you stop beating your wife?

Kill yourself, libby.
>>
Ausfag here, ive shot a few feral cats before. True ferals out in the bush, some of them can get as big as a fox and weigh as much as 15 kilos. Ive used .22lr .243win and .308 on them.
.22lr is more than adequate.
What ranges are we talking about here? How built up is it? If its right in the middle of the 'burbs then i reccomend CCI quiets. 710 FPS with a 40gr segmented hollowpoint for instant expansion on smal game. About as loud as you smacking a thong (flip flop for you burgers) on some concrete if youre not using a suppressor. If ypu do have a suppressor the loudest noise will be the sound of the pin hitting the casing. Hope that helps OP
>>
You can tell a feral cat by the look of it. If it doesn't have a collar it is going to get shot. When in doubt I'll just kill it. A feral cat and a house cat that are roaming outside are the same thing: decimators of native bird and mammal populations. Look at what they have done to all of Hawaii's endemic species. Keep your cat indoors and it lives.
>>
>>30987643
What is it with you people?

>Hurr I know your true intentions and you don't so just listen to me, I know what's best!

This is just a shitty, but sadly common, attempt at trying to shield yourself from rebuttals. If you convince yourself you know what the other guy truly is thinking, you can conveniently blow off anything he says as a lie. It's a pathetic """argument""" tactic.

Congrats, you're the pigeon knocking the pieces off the board and strutting around like you've won. Kill yourself.
>>
>>30987425
How about you get to know your neighbors so you know what cats they have?

Or, here's a thought, observe the cat before popping off shots like you're the ATF on a raid so you can identify Fluffy from a feral.
>>
File: 1442791128288.jpg (306KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1442791128288.jpg
306KB, 3000x2000px
All right, looks like we scared off the mangina treehugger.

Back to the topic at hand.

How patrician is it to drop pest animals with a vintage Olympic target rifle?
>>
>>30987163
Last time I checked rats still exists 11th century or not.
>>
>>30988607
Then looks like cats not only make for terrible pest removers, but also tend to cause too much collateral damage as well.
>>
>>30988536
just in case the anti hunter posing as a gun owner is still here hopefully this triggers them
>>
File: received_705416676155329.jpg (352KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_705416676155329.jpg
352KB, 1536x2048px
>>30988697
>>
>>30988536
That would be awesome
>>
>>30988031
Key word there being "owner". Feral cats don't have those.
>>
>>30988347
Can you eat feral cats? Has anyone tried in Australia?
>>
>>30986449
We are talking about killing feral cats in a city. The environment is already ruined. Cats aren't going to make the fragile ecosystem of the Bronx collapse.
>>
>>30985846
>Feral cats are an incredibly destructive invasive species.

Where'd they invade from?
>>
>>30987958
>Protecting birds
Fatso comfirmed. I bet my ass you are a stinky NEET, buying .22LR bullets with welfare because that's all you can aford. My land used to be filled with birds that fucking ate everything I planted. Threw some cats around and haven't had a problem againt, plus the death rats are a plus. My only problem is that that myth of "Cats hide their poop" is bullshit. Fuckers take a shit without giving a single fuck.
>>
>>30986449
>what do you purpose would be better to get rid of an invasive species, which will push away native species and over consume and destroy a given area

For cats? Depends on the climate. Warmer areas, Indian Rock Pythons or similar. More northerly regions, I'd use hogs.
>>
>>30987318
>They are incredibly destructive, and have caused numerous of native species all over the USA to hit a point where extinction is very immanent, if not already.

Citation, pls.
>>
Cat eat my bunnies and ground nest birds.

They don't kill my gophers and red squirrels.

Fuck them.
>>
>>30987425
>They kill rats

Cats arrived in North America before rats did.
>>
>>30988976
The Mediterranean i would assume
>>
>>30984013
You should stick that barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger to see if it can kill you. If it can, it can kill cats. Go ahead give it a try you fucking prick.
>>
>>30987939
>cruelly or unnecessarily kills or injures any animal.”

Covers more than pets, anon.
>>
>>30989035
https://abcbirds.org/threat/cats-and-other-invasives/
>>
>>30989060
Nuke Italy, then. Or make them come get their cats.
>>
>>30989091
Do you have a citation with some science behind it, or is it all this Everytown-tier appeal to emotion?
>>
>>30989167
What sort of science are you after?
>>
Poison the cats with antifreeze in a water dish and food dish
>>
>>30989167
Which part of the claim do you take issue with, that there are feral cats, that feral cats kill birds or that some birds are threatened species?
>>
>>30988711
Nice Chinese hunting boots
>>
>>30984013
>Is 22lr a big enough round to kill feral cats with?

Yes. My dad & uncle do so at their farm plenty. Can't have feral cats fighting with the barn cats.
>>
>>30989226
Studies by accredited researchers, that sort of thing. Research by wildlife biology programs at universities.

Possibly research by state wildlife officials, but I tend to be leery of those because partisanship and agendas.
>>
>>30989263
>tfw you get invited to go thin out some barn cats for someone but feel bad because so many are really friendly and nice
>>
>>30989256
The part that claims that cats are the cause of decline in X number of endangered species. I've seen the studies on rat depredation, I find it hard to believe that cats are anywhere near as destructive.
>>
>>30989336
>I've seen the studies on rat depredation
Could you post them?
>>
File: what the hell mang.png (232KB, 325x333px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell mang.png
232KB, 325x333px
>>30988711
inbred retard killing neighbor hood cats just to kill cats confirmed
>>
>>30989319
If you can pet them, they can be re-homed.

Put a spin on it, start selling authentic barn cats to hipsters. Tell them that the cats have to eat live prey only, make the hipsters buy mice from you. You'll be a millionaire in no time.

About the time the hipsters start wising up to what you're doing, come out with a line of authentic canned BarnCat Prey (TM). Just relabel some Friskies shreds and double your fortune.
>>
>>30989378
Yeah, my backyard looks exactly like that.
>>
>>30989319

>Thinning out barn cats

>Having to go blue-on-blue for the sake of population control

That sucks
>>
>>30985846

Cats have been around with humans for ages.

They keep vermin away (mice, rats, opposum). And help control nuisance bugs like roaches.
>>
>>30989394
We got the call for the cull after abut 50 of them were re-homed. He had 20 mothers that had given birth so there were cats fucking everywhere. Toms and current preggos were high value targets. After we disposed on the dead ones into the shitpond the vet came out and fixed a bunch to help keep everything under control.

>>30989404
Yea so many really friendly ones that had to go. But he had around 300 before a huge adopt-a-thon thing that got homes for a lot of the good ones.
>>
Cat/dog shooters - cunts like you are the primary reason I've basically stopped giving a shit about gun rights, despite enjoying guns myself. I want nothing at all to do with any of you kill happy hicks. Honestly, reading your bullshit on practically every single website even tangentially related to guns on a regular god damn basis makes me want to vote pro-gun control...purely out of spite. I'm not alone here.
>>
>>30987217
"How will you identify the differences between a feral cat and domestic one without a collar?"

They both look the same on the inside
>>
>>30989631
Post a timestamp with a gun you own.
>>
>>30989631

haha pussy I remember being 7 years old, the first thing I did with air rifle was shoot puppies with it
>>
>>30989370
http://www.tws-west.org/transactions/Tobin.pdf

http://www.mauiforestbirds.org/Publications/EffectsofRats.NestDepredation.Sparklin.pdf

http://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search.do?recordID=MY9305408

http://www.academia.edu/12608922/Severity_of_the_Effects_of_Invasive_Rats_on_Seabirds_A_Global_Review

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2351989415000244

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_damage/nwrc/publications/98pubs/98-16.pdf

http://niu.edu/biology/about/faculty/jones/jones_lab/Jones%20et%20al%202005.pdf

http://ww.vtecostudies.org/PDF/Townsendetal09Condor.pdf

http://www.seaturtle.org/mtn/archives/mtn117/mtn117p5.shtml

This is just a sampling of the work that's been done. I couldn't find the specific study I was looking for, which documented rat depredation on hatcheries fish in (iirc) Scandanavia. There was another study by USDA (iirc- it may have been in Australia) that documented rat depredation on newborn livestock. Get enough rats together and they'll eat a calf or lamb. I couldn't find that one, either.

The problem with rats is, they're omnivores. They don't just target other animals, they'll also target crops.
>>
>>30989631
>reading your bullshit on practically every single website even tangentially related to guns on a regular god damn basis

Examples? Sources? I've never seen that shit except here.
>>
File: you.jpg (241KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
241KB, 2048x1152px
>>30989631
(you)
>>
All you maggots who are crying over some fucking cats have never

>had chickens killed by cats
>watched as the local rabbit population is killed off by cats
>had a garden destroyed by the little bastards shitting in it
>had to replace all their pullies and belt on their car because a fucking cat decided to catch a nap under the hood

I use to hate sitting on my back porch and listening to cats catch and kill rabbits. The little fucks killed them for fun too, never ate on them.

Fuck feral cats, and fuck you if you can't keep your stupid ass outside cat on your property. Only thing worse are the fucking trash pandas.

Same applies for dogs.
>>
>>30989631
>everyone else is a cunt
>except for me
>I'm not a count
>no sirry

Listen faggot, if you're the odd man out, chances are you're the fucking cunt.
>>
File: 1471144934089.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1471144934089.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>30984113
>>
File: farfux.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
farfux.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>30990001
>trash pandas

kek, that's a new one for me anon

i caught 2 of those in one trap a couple days ago, they like to tear shit up around here. will dig right through gravel to get under/inside buildings
>>
>>30984106
I had the woman at the grocery store write 'cunt' on a cake I gave to my mother.

We all had a nice laugh.
>>
>>30984106

Cats are the only thing saving your city from a catastrophic plague. They predate primarily on rodents and little birds. l2foodchain
>>
>>30984106
>>30984013
Moralfagging aside, unless you guys have an idea how to dispose of high number of dead cats, I would recommend just repealing them of.
>>
Christ. I own Cats and i love these little critters.

But i understand if Australians hunt them because they fuck up their local fauna.

can't believe there are so much people here getting triggered over this. I thought /k/ is full of hunters and protectors of the wilds.
>>
>>30986151
zyklon b, herr OP
>>
File: 1462849290043.jpg (46KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1462849290043.jpg
46KB, 400x550px
>>30991704
>hunters and protectors of the wilds.
There aren't any woodland elves here, but we've got fairies by the truckload.
>>
OP lives in the city. All this bullshit about livestock, crop, and barn damage is irrelevant.
>>
>>30984013
Just pet the kitties you tard
>>
>>30991704
Feral cats arent even cute or clean, theyre literally possum-tier ugly disgusting vermin that carry disease and end up getting animals you actually care about killed.

North carolina is real bad on feral cats because of the same sympathy people in this thread are feeling, they just fucking neuter and spay them by the hundreds instead of putting on the big boy pants and eradicating a pest infestation.

also Every city in israel is packed with "feral" cats, mainly tiberius, to the point where people just step on them if theyre in the way without a second thought
>>
>>30993571
>also Every city in israel is packed with "feral" cats, mainly tiberius, to the point where people just step on them if theyre in the way without a second thought

Rats stepping on cats?
>>
>>30988902
>Can you eat feral cats? Has anyone tried in Australia?

Wondering this also.
I hear there's a sizeable Asian population in Australia.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.