[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol shooting very low left help!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

Ok so my m&p shield is shoot very low and left the grouping is pretty bad but they are always low and left about 2 1/2 to 5 inches low and 3 - 4 inches left at only about 7 yards. Im not the best pistol shooter but I have never shot this bad. When i first got the pistol around 6 monthes ago I put about 50 rounds through it and i remember it shooting good. But i just started shooting it again and I have this low left problem does anyone know what could be causeing it. bad barrel bad shooting form any help would be appreciated
>>
File: Shooting problems.gif (94KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Shooting problems.gif
94KB, 1754x1240px
>>30983617
Let someone else shoot it to see if it's just you.

Also I've noticed that Shields have a tendency to shoot like that.
>>
Ugh but im a sperglord hermit with no friends!!!!!
>>
>>30983617
git gud
>>
>>30983617
you just suck git gud
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Eliminate variables, one by one.

1. inspect barrel crown, mechanical condition of weapon, lockup bushing/barrelcentered in slide
2. trigger discipline, are you flinching? mix 1dummy rd. randomly load mag so click := surprise. did you flinch?
3. different ammo
4. different shooter
5. have more experienced shooter coach, or take class. ( i went front site- learned more in 5 days than in 30 years fucking around by myself)

if you cant buy, borrow or rent a proper ransom rest, fire from as stable a rest as you can nigger rig together, box, books, sand bags etc.

pic related, shield i picked up yesterday shot beautifully
>>
inb4 retarded, outdated, body mechanics diagnostic chart always trotted out and alwYs utterly useless, usually posted by completely ignorant non skilled firearms knooblets
>>
>>30983654
oh wait...
>>
>>30983793
that was the second post
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
if poa is not roughly within reason := poi, smith will fix. I had same issue with sig 220 r combat. yes, the mythical sig was shootin 4" low aleft. sig admitted and fixed by replacing barrel
>>
Generally low left is a flinch. Stop flinching.

Do ball and dummy drills.

I took a cheap Taurus 85 to dads one day. As I was saying "it's not very accurate..." He up and off hand drills the center of an ol yogurt container at 30yards.

>shit did I just say?

Emptys the cylinder via double action pull.
Fycking 2" group.

>mfw
>>
>>30983793
The meme chart is really only useful for one handed shooting. There's too many variables for when you're using another hand along with things like sight allignment and if your hands are oscillating.

fuck the meme chart and any wannabe that actually and unironically misuses it
>>
File: Shield.jpg (162KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shield.jpg
162KB, 960x720px
I had the same issue with my shield. Turns out front sight was drifted a little to the right. Corrected it when I Cerakoted it. All good now.
>>
>>30983617
Having the same provlem with my shield. Pretty dead on with my friend's 92fs. I think its the heavy trigger pull, it jumps too much, or anticipation of recoil. I've been getting slightly better every time I shoot it though. I want to se if some talon grips will help.
>>
>>30984732
Stipple it!
>>
File: 1452612907101.jpg (99KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1452612907101.jpg
99KB, 1080x1349px
Having problem with my shield not hitting where I want it to hit

does getting the red apex trigger specifically cure it?
>>
I rented one yesterday at the range and had the exact same issue at 25 yards I could barely hit the target. I switched down to 8 and I could compensate to hit the same spot consistently. I didn't wanna bother adjusting their sights just to test if I like the gun.

Shields have that problem
>>
File: 20160807_144946.jpg (377KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_144946.jpg
377KB, 800x769px
>>30984696
I would guess 9 of 10 times the issue is shooter related.

The reality is the shield is a small gun with little surface area to get a purchase on, it will inherently be more difficult to shoot groups with than other larger heavier autos.
>>
>>30983654
>squeezing whole hand
I swear I just saw a video of an old Vietnam sniper saying to do that. It didn't make much sense to me either.
>>
>>30984770
No. Trigger kit is nice, but won't fix it.
>>
>>30984806
True... but when it is from a bench rest and the results are the same....
>>
>>30983654

What does squeezing fingertips while applying trigger pull even mean.
>>
>>30983763
>>30984740
Thanks for the advice guys
>>
>>30983617
>>30984696
>>30984732
>>30984770
>>30984771
Seems to be a common issue. I also shoot low and left with my shield but shoot dead on with my CZ75. I just attributed it to the shitty trigger and smallish grip for my big hands. I just need more trigger time behind it. But after reading some of these posts.It seems like it may be a common issue with the shield. Either due to the reasons I listed above or due to off center sights or something else wrong from the factory.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.