[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Babby's first squib

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160814_114758.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160814_114758.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Welp, almost fucked up my brand new HK today by using shit remanufactured ammo.

On the last round of the second mag during some rapid fire drills the slide doesn't lock back, and I think I was riding the slide lock, so I rack the round out and see a casing caked black flying across the room. My brother saw the case and said he thought it was a squib. Pulled my barrel and yep, the bullet had just made it into the rifling. Went out to the storefront to have an employee pop it out with a dowel and everyone wanted to see the elusive squib.

I'm really, really glad it was the last round of the mag or I'd be out a P2000 as my normal procedure is to tap and rack in the case of a failure. Having to unload gave me a pause to think about it and for someone else to say something.

Lessons learned: 1) stop buying cheap shitty ammo 2) always stop and inspect the pistol and casing in the case of a failure to cycle, save the tap/rack drills for failures deliberately induced with empty cases or snap caps.
>>
What brand of ammo?

I had a squib a few years back with those Remington UMC .40 bulk packs
>>
>>30981303
Local manufacturer called Detroit Bullet Works. Nice guy, I've ordered ~10k rounds from him over the years, with only three previous issues (one sideways primer, two 9x19 cartridges loaded with .38 Super casings) but a squib is the last straw. It's not that much cheaper than factory brass online, so I'm just going to deal with it and pay a little more in the future.
>>
Sounds like you owe your brother a case of beer.
>>
So I've never had a squib, but it makes sense to me that you'd feel it and possible hear it. Without the firing of the round and it exiting the barrel with most of the powder and explosion I'd think there would be dampened sound and a noticeable change in recoil. Am I wrong? This is one of my biggest fears in shooting and I've always figured I'd have kind of a blanket of safety because I figured it'd be like I said above.
>>
>>30981414

Yeap. Problem is when people are blasting away and are not paying attention. If you are slow firing it is VERY apparent you had a squib, usually lots of smoke too.
>>
>>30981355
seconded
>>
>>30981414

Yup. It's a little pop and no recoil.
>>
>>30981355
I agree.

>>30981414
That's what I've been told, but >>30981445 is absolutely right. I was doing rapid controlled pairs and honestly didn't notice the lack of recoil or difference in noise. It didn't help that there were three other shooters blasting away at the same time. My brother standing behind me was the one who immediately noticed.
>>
>save the tap/rack drills for failures deliberately induced with empty cases or snap caps
That's really good advice. Thanks
>>
>>30981742
You're welcome. Just don't load the spent casings in backwards... I fucked up my FNS like that, had to take it home to fix it.
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>30982359
>don't load the spent casings in backwards... I fucked up my FNS like that, had to take it home to fix it

>yfw it cycled in
>>
File: pU0bxAO.jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
pU0bxAO.jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
>>30982400
I was actually surprised. It fed flawlessly, it was just a bitch to get it out of the chamber. The expanded neck went in and deformed immediately, locking that bitch in.
>>
>>30981270

Save tap rack for real gun fights. Always use factory ammo, so they will buy you a new gun if it blow up.
>>
>>30982523
I know that now. Thank you senpai.
>>
>>30982547

What I meant was, I would buy wolf and tula before reman ammo because even the ruskies will buy you new gun comrade.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.