[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my AR15 keeps double firing. I have no idea why. I think I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Modified_AR-15.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Modified_AR-15.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
So my AR15 keeps double firing. I have no idea why. I think I messed up something in the trigger housing. (It was an 80% kit and a store bought lower.) Any thoughts/advice?
>>
>>30980578
BTW store bought ARs never had this issue and Ive never heard of it. So I must have fucked something up.
>>
>>30980578
That sounds kinda awesome
>>
>>30980578
Get antiwalk pins it'll fix the issue
>>
>>30980578
Sounds like it could be the disconnect, specifically.

Is it like a two round burst or does the hammer drop again when you let go of the trigger?
>>
>>30981437
This.
How close together are the shots? Does it happen consistently? Does it make a difference if you hold down the trigger for any length of time?
>>
Hide your doggo, quick. ATF is on the way
>>
>>30980578
Can you teach me how you did this?

For, uh, scientific research
>>
Did you, by chance, get a little overzealous when polishing the trigger?
Because AFAIK too much material missing is the only thing that'll double fire one.
Drop a new trigger in.
>>
>>30980578 Maybe you dry fired the lower before putting on the upper. I have heard stories of people doing that and accidently creating a burst fire ar-15.
>>
File: 198.png (875KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
198.png
875KB, 1600x900px
>>30980578
>accidentally makes his AR auto-fire
>wants to change that
how 'bout I take it off your hands and save you the trouble of worrying about it
>>
OP here. I slowly squeeze the trigger in. So it doesnt also fire on release like the echo trigger. Its a quick two round burst.
>>
>>30980578
Check and see if either the disconnector spring is upside down(this is probably your problem if it is doubling) or the trigger spring is installed incorrectly.

These are the two biggest causes of problems with homebuild FCG installations and problems like yours.
>>
>>30981781
>>30981811
Same guy here, the diconeector spring needs to be installed FAT SIDE DOWN where it squeezes into the slot. Not fat side up, this causes issues with it sticking open and doubling/going full auto.
>>
>>30980578
> any thoughts/advice ?
Hide your dog
>>
Can I buy it off you?
>>
Congrats it is now an assault weapon your gun is illegal
>>
>>30981826
Thats my #1 guess. I just didnt want to take it apart till I got some other opinions. I know I put it in correctly, but things happen. Thank you sir. Ill start there.
>>
>>30982146

rip op's dog.
>>
>>30982249
>le doggo meme
Ironic dumbposting is still dumbposting
>>
2 round burst is the best burst

Fuck that 3 round or full auto shit
>>
>>30982281
sure the doggo part is a meme but getting ass fucked by the atf over stupid shit like this isnt
>>
>>30981648
No.
>>
>>30982281

being this buttmad
>>
>>30982281

It's just a running joke, don't be such an asspained shitlord about it.
>>
File: doggo.png (51KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
51KB, 262x200px
>>30980578
>>
>>30980578
you either fucked up the hole locations or recived an out of spec disconnector. if you fucked up the hole locations the lowers scrap. though you could fill in the holes with jb weld and try again
>>
>>30982314
if you test your homebuild out on private property or at a trusted/empty range there shouldn't be any atf agents listening in on wither you malfunctioning gun is a legal full auto or not.

I live in a free state where you can legally own a pre 86 registered FA and the people who come and shoot at local ranges with their subguns and supressors NEVER get asked for papers, please because everyone just assumes that it is a legal to own FA weapon.
Most don't even bring their tax stamps along with them when they go out shooting with them.

>>30982342
>>30982344
Just tired of people acting like numale beta cucks as soon as a topic about supressors/full autos comes up on here.

Most of you guys are just too young for trusts or to even afford post 86's. Before the ATF cracked down and started really oppressing the gun community it was like the wild west in the gun world, people just did whatever the fuck they wanted and felt free to exercise their first amendment right to talk about whatever they wanted when the topic of NFA came up. Now people are afraid to even utter words of constitutional freedom in fear of the ATF boogeyman "kicking their door down and shooing their dog".
>>
>>30982405

>all those buzzwords in one single sentence
Again, it's just a running joke. Don't be such a shitlord. Ignore it if it bothers you so much.
>>
>>30982405
This self censoring gun culture has caused us to tuck our tails in between our legs and hide while they fight to take our second amendment rights openly. It's complete nonsense and needs to stop.
>>
>>30982281
Welcome to /k/, kiddo
>>
File: byedoggo.png (21KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
byedoggo.png
21KB, 224x225px
>>30980578
>>
File: m.jpg (18KB, 305x329px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
18KB, 305x329px
>>30982511
You caught me, I am the newest of newfags.
>>
>>30982281
It's not ironic in this day and age
>>
Yeah... Definitely not afraid of the atf... There are plenty of full auto trigger mods that are completely legal. An accident isnt gonna cause the atf to raid my house
>>
File: tellmethesecret.jpg (3KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
tellmethesecret.jpg
3KB, 120x90px
>>30982651
>There are plenty of full auto trigger mods that are completely legal

Tell me more?
>>
>>30982727
Cranks you put on the trigger
>>
>>30982727
The echo trigger comes out later this year. It fires on pull and once again on release. It has a button to take off the echo which makes it a normal semi auto. Its legal (so far). Its just a make shift trigger housing group.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.