[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conquering Azeroth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: world-of-warcraft.jpg (149KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft.jpg
149KB, 800x444px
Anyone even tangentially familiar with WoW would know how massively fucking overpowered everything in that universe is, with its entire population of special snowflake sorcerers facing off against the infinite forces of otherworldly powers intending to extinguish all life.

You could argue for weeks with hordes of fanboys frothing at the mouth about how powerful a certain spell is, or how a character could totally solo an entire army of demons, or whatever playing the role of monster-of-the-week.

I know this isn't /tg/ or /v/, but I think that people actually familiar with the capabilities of weapons might actually have better answers than people who think employing zerg rush tactics for the purpose of establishing pyrrhic victories is a legitimate long term strategy.

So, I pose my question; if you had all the resources you think you'd need, how would you go about conquering a magical realm of assholes?
>>
>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>30980566

Game has been shit since they started putting in those Shattered Sun dailies or w/e in TBC. Welfare epics/badge gear. Go outside.
>>
>>30980566
Marine and medic spam.
>>
Send in scout teams, verify guns still kill them (and considering swords and other physical damage works to some degree, they probably do).

Figure out what is effective defense from their magic, to my knowledge it seems to rely on a lot of thermal energy (fireballs, lightning bolts etc) so most modern armor, on both armor and infantry should work just fine.

Assuming the our weapons and armor is effective, the war would basically win itself. The bulk of their armies are completely defenseless against a modern, mechanized force. Only the special snowflakes, mary sues and demigods would pose any problem, and considering they fight mostly in melee or within a couple hundred metres, they wouldn't be much more than a nuisance.
>>
>>30980632
>some mage teleport behind you and make your whole shit go kaboom
nothing personnel, shit thread BTW.
>>
there are guns in the game, mainstay of hunter class.
>>
>>30980632
So, how do you kill an army of the undead in a frozen wasteland.
>>
>>30980566
Multi-box at least 30 guardian druids, 1 shot everything with instant cast moonfire. Can't be killed because lol guardian druid. Moonfire 1 horde per second, self heal as needed.
Walk through Ogrimmar like a nexus of death.
>>
>>30980632

>kevlar will stop a sword

Oh man oh man

>kevlar will stop a fireball
Oh man oh man

>kevlar will stop a lightning bolt
Oh man oh man

>in game bullets dont stop them, real ones will
Oh man oh man

>plate armor thicker than a snickers
Oh man oh man
>>
>>30980650
Because a modern army fights in a single, big fucking cluster with no screening, reserves, patrols, etc right?

Idiot.
>>
>>30980651
Blizzard has made guns all fantasy and stupid. Only remotely interesting one is from kahrazan and impossible to farm.
>>
>>30980669
> Body armor is just kevlar

And if bullets, swords and other physical damage didn't work, it would render roughly half of the in game classes completely unable to cause damage.
>>
File: wolfslayer.png (1MB, 1070x750px) Image search: [Google]
wolfslayer.png
1MB, 1070x750px
>>30980675
this one? I've had it drop multiple time while farming opera event for lil' bad wolf, but never on my hunter
>>
>>30980893
How the fuck does one use that optic with that massive blade sight in the way?
>>
>>30980914
>be Nelf huntard
>shadowmeld
>pet stealthed
>unsuspecting whordie comes along
>kite with pet
>keep your distance
>spam cooldowns
>kill whordie
>lol, pvp, amiright?
>>
>>30980930

I always hated hunters so goddamn much. I played warrior and they always seemed to have more skills to keep me immobilized and out of my range than I had skills to get close to them.
>>
File: 219200.jpg (16KB, 300x193px) Image search: [Google]
219200.jpg
16KB, 300x193px
>>30980893
Aesthetic rifle
>>
>>30980659
obsidian apparently
>>
>>30980941
in the new expac if they want they can take a talent point that does away with their pet and basically makes them a Ranger. it also increases their damage by like 20-30%
>>
>>30980659
>the current lich king mysteriously kidnapped overnight, possibly delta but whos to say
>USA installs puppet lich king
>USA now controls vast army of undead in said frozen wasteland and most of lordaeron
>>
>>30980893
Yeah. It's at least "interesting" most are ugly and extraordinarily bizarre to the point of absurd stupidity.

>>30980914
Everything else aside, the way a magnified optic works, you would not see or know it was there.
>>
>>30980980

I don't know if that would be better or worse. The more damage would suck to fight against, but at least I wouldn't be disarmed by a hunter's pet eagle. I keep having an urge to play some WoW again, but my needs can no longer be satisfied by the current game.
>>
>>30980669

Hard plates would stop a sword, would help stop a fireball because ceramic is one hell of a thermal sink.
>>
>>30981011
Hello CIA. Your plan goes fine until the radio controlled cat you spent millions on to sneak into the frozen throne accidentally gets tamed by a troll hunter and the informant you relied on is actually Timbermaw dissident that gives you bad Intel and to make matters worse your team gets dismounted over Wintergrasp in the middle of their attack.
>>
>>30980566
Warcraft 40k along with Starcraft tie in when?
>>
>>30980659
Turn frozen wasteland into highly radioactive wasteland.
>>
>>30980566
This belongs on /v/
>>
File: 1452933003739.png (451KB, 428x548px) Image search: [Google]
1452933003739.png
451KB, 428x548px
>>30981061
no, nigga you just air assault down onto the fucking roof where the boss battle is and snatch his ass

>the heroic 20 man raid leader's face when his final boss gets kidnapped @ 5% hp
>>
>>30981291
All they care about is the loot.
>>
>>30981022
>Yeah. It's at least "interesting" most are ugly and extraordinarily bizarre to the point of absurd stupidity.
I used to joke that with some of the gun models it was like you could hear the designers thinking "Nerf or Nothin'!" all those neon colors and fat shapes
>>
>>30980566
I need 3 teams per capital city.

Team 1 is the kill team. They work in unison focusing 1 target at a time and killing them. The 30+ Multi-box guardian druid is perfect for this or they can just all moonfire a designated/marked target one shot'ing players. Protect paladins would also be a good choice. These are tough self healing classes with a ranged ability.

Team 2 are resto druids with cat form affinity. They come in behind team one but remain stealthed and rez any fallen players. A group of healers sticking together, they unkillable by smaller groups.

Group 3 is comprised primarily of warriors with a couple healers. They go to the horde gy and aoe anybody that ressurects. Picture 20 warriors in the gy casting bladestorm.
>>
>>30981044
My ar500 plate in this 10x12 rectangle will stop a sword...just hit me right here.

>>30980677
>And if bullets, swords and other physical damage didn't work
Oh they work, it just takes 5 years to kill anything.
>>
File: britishSoldiersIraqRiotFire.jpg (31KB, 450x354px) Image search: [Google]
britishSoldiersIraqRiotFire.jpg
31KB, 450x354px
>>30981875
Samefagging, didnt address fireballs.

>>30981044
Pic related
Tell me what the fuck youre talking about?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.