[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ opinion required

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What do you guys think of "The Long Dark"
How plausible is a scenario like that?
Would you like to operate in a scenario like this?
>>
Pretty cool. Operating at night is badass. More night=more badass
>>
>>30980399
Thanks for the insight
Nice dubs too
>>
>>30980369
Do they actually ever tell you why your plane crashes in that game? Because if they never do, then yes, it's totally plausible. And there's no zombies shitting everything up.
>>
Is this game story driven, or is like every other "survival" game where you just gather resources until you die boredom?
>>
>>30980574
Some magnetic wave that fucks up all electronics
>>
>>30980614
It has both as far as i know
>>
>>30980654

Polar reversal? Solar flare?
>>
>>30980663
I think they were intentionally vague about it if i remember correctly it just says a "geomagnetic event".
>>
>>30980614
Sandbox mode is pretty much the latter.

There are scenarios with specific goals that you can play. ie - gather enough food to survive a 30 day blizzard, make it to a point on the map while being stalked by a bear, etc etc.

I think it is a fun game and pretty well done. My only real complaint is that the last update I played had turned it into a dog attack simulator. I could barely walk a mile without one or more wolves jumping me, which left me nearly dead with my clothes torn to shreds. Then a blizzard would roll in and I would freeze to death before I could get back to shelter.

For the OP I think the scenario is completely implausible but I am not autistic and don't need video games to match real life. Were it to somehow happen IRL I would probably die from disease like most people did before modern medicine.
>>
>>30980369
Plausible? Definitely no. Fun? Tons! It'll be best to play when story mode comes out with a full release, the sandbox is nice but a little repetitive. Some of my favorite moments were stalking the old dam with a rifle in hand, lookin for a wolf. I eventually got him, it was tense.
>>
File: 1458538032585.png (2MB, 1177x783px) Image search: [Google]
1458538032585.png
2MB, 1177x783px
>>30980369
It's a pile of shit and this is a shill thread.
>>
>>30980663
Probably interference from the northern lights
>>
It's very nice looking and pretty /k/ related (it's basically Innawoods: The Game), but boring as shit.

There's nothing to do beyond gathering food and sitting around for sunrise so you can gather more food.
>>
>>30980931
Survival the game
>>
>>30980717

That kindof implies polar reversal.

Basically what happens when the poles reverse is that both poles disappear and then many poles jut out in all directions, slowly gathering towards the current north and south until there are only 2 poles.

To make matters worse, during that period, we'd be bombarded with solar radiation that would normally be deflected by the magnetosphere.
>>
>>30980399
>>30980796
I don't really know the premise of that game but a (temporary) time of low temperature is very much possible, through nuclear or volcanic winter. These can, theoretically, occur at any magnitude. Historically, volcanic winters lasted one to three years. Yellowstone is projected to influence the climate for up to a decade, while the theoretical nuclear winter of a full NATO-WP exchange was simulated to last several decades.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.