[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like getting shot at, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Dog Bolice.webm (609KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Bolice.webm
609KB, 360x360px
What's it like getting shot at, /k/?
>>
You poop yourself if you haven't pooped in awhile.
>>
>>30979420
If it's not expected then it's terrifying.
Where, who, what, and why.

If it's expected.... Well that's a different story. Trading high speed low drag lead in the sandbox is fun to tell you the truth. Sand people are horrible shots.
>>
>>30979420
If you're infantry, it charges you up better than a car battery. You go into auto mode and shoot back and attack.

If you're a pogue, I guess you respond like a typical sissy.
>>
>>30979420
Kind of not fun.

I say this as someone accidentally shot at while I was eating a sandwich at a picnic table at my range.
>>
>>30979420
Salty coins and milk.
>>
makes you wish you didnt put your mags on the front of your carrier
>>
If you count IDF on a large base, it's something like this:
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
eeBLAMBLAMeeeeBLAMBLAMeeEEEEBLAMBLAMBLAMEEEEeeeeBLAMBLAMBLAMeeee
eeeBLAMBLAMeeeeBLAMeEEEEBLAMBLAMBLAMEEEEeeBLAMeeeeeBLAMe
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
Rocket
Attack
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
Rocket
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
Attack
Rocket Attack
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
>>
>>30979445
>If you're infantry, it charges you up better than a car battery. You go into auto mode and shoot back and attack.

In reality, you into
>AH IM HIT IM HIT MEDIC AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHH
mode.

And when you come back home alive you pull some arrow shit about all the stuff you have been through.
>>
>>30979669
Spotted the POG
>>
>>30979669
>>30979865
Well at least I didn't have to wait too long to see infantry and non infantry start crying about how cool or not cool infantry is. Now we just need a scout to argue that there "like the infantry but better" and some airborne douche to start calling everyone a leg.
Also OP it depends on the context. Getting to shoot back with 4 trucks worth of men and guns will make you diamonds.
>>
Like a bag of sand
>>
>>30979420
It's like not getting shot at, but with more bullets heading your direction.
>>
>>30979669
Yeah, we all saw the pussy-as-fuck Restrepo failures. The Airborne community was thoroughly embarrassed. But the truth is we don't act like those douche bag fucks. I had a man in my squad who was hit before we embarked on the crash hawk. He didn't complain until we were done with our next assault.

THAT'S a paratrooper for you. Airborne Infantry.
>>
>>30980733
oohrah devil dog that's some cleared hot shit
semper Fi
God bless
semper fi
>>
>>30979929
Underrated right here. I love that movie. Kat Dennings...mmmm.
>>
I have been shot at.

But the one time I will never forget is when I was ordered to not engage an enemy sniper with my machine gun. So me and my assistant gunner just laid back in our hasty fighting position and watched tracer fire going over our heads. We could have reached up and handled a wound.

It was close.
>>
>>30979420
Got shot at by an armed robber once. Didn't hit me, and I wasn't too freaked out about it.

I do not understand how anyone can claim PTSD from anything but an actual active combat zone.

It did give me an incentive to get a Glock 43 and my carry permit though, so I guess there was some effect.
>>
>>30981231
Shush! You're giving away the secret to 90% of the PTSD claims.
>>
>>30981231
You can get PTSD from any traumatic event.

Like bad car crashes, rapes, housefires, ect.
>>
>>30981496
Rape, torture, being trapped in a burning building, watching a lovef one an hero in front of you, etc.

Okay, I get that those are very traumatic events and having lasting effects would not be surprising. I guess I just hear about people being burglarized or having any potentially deadly or violent interaction and claiming PTSD, and I don't see how someone could have had the same experience as me but come out with any particular trauma.
>>
>>30981672
People are wired differently.

And you can get legitimate cases of PTSD from some, comparatively, pretty benign stuff.
>>
as a civilian, you don't really think, you just sort of panic and run as fast as you can.

>tfw living in argentina and two rival soccer teams start shooting at each other when you're walking right past them
>>
>>30979420
Those bullets are some real zingers. They go "zing.... whirlwhirlwhirl... Zing! Pong! Splat! Zip... pssssst. Zing"

That is followed by either "Oh god, oh god, oh god" or "alluhah akbar, rikitikity Ahmed "
>>
Fookin' exciting m8.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.