[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/omrades, I was hoping someone can help me identify where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160814_162321.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160814_162321.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Hey /k/omrades,
I was hoping someone can help me identify where some shells are likely to have come from. I'm an Ausfag and these were given to me around ten years ago by friends who worked with scrap metal. They don't seem to be the right size for an LMG, and I was told they're from the WW2 era (though no idea if that's true.
Camera is shit but the bottom shows "MF 87" and there are three half circle punches on the brass. A friend suggested a Spitfire or other fighter is likely, but he doesn't know much. The shells are on a chain. Thanks
>>
Well, I can tell you it isn't from a Spitfire since they aren't rimmed .303s

Aside from that I don't know
>>
>>30978478
Thanks for that. There's a small rim at the base but no clue of the caliber
>>
>>30978464
If you have calipers measure the case. Can we get side pics of them?
>>
>>30978464
according to a short google search its .308 ammo
>>
>>30978464
I can't tell the picture is far too clear. can you by chance make it even blurrier?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (15KB, 663x201px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
15KB, 663x201px
Strayan Armyfag, so...

MF is Ammo Factory Maribyrnong - in Western suburbs Melbourne now closed and moved to Benalla
87 is the year of manufacture 1987
So, it is
Cart 7.62mm Ball F4 cartridge cases from when we still used the SLR L1A1 and the M60
>>
File: images (14).jpg (7KB, 370x161px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
7KB, 370x161px
>>30979406
Addon, just read the bit about the 'chain'
Same ammo ID but that makes it:
7.62mm Link
Made into belts for the M60 GPMG
>>
>>30978464
50 BMG, Melbourne Factory, 1987.
>>
>>30978464
Opened thread thinking that was a dildo, thanks for disappointing me /k/.
>>
>>30979406
>>30979428

No and no. Unless OP is a newborn, that is not .308 brass.
Also .308/7.62x51 has a much larger primer when compared to the base of the cartridge.

>>30979617

Correct.
>>
>>30981093
>>>/lgbt/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.