[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question for /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: knife.jpg (30KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
30KB, 800x534px
I was sitting in my car talking to a friend and he revealed he's become something of a knife collector and that he had 7 knives on him as we spoke.

He showed me where he was holding them (mostly multiple spots around his waistband and one around his neck) and explained he needed them all over in case he was attacked and his attackers held one arm or something, he would need to be able to reach for a different knife.

At one point, an old couple stumbled down the road and he reached for one of his knives (even though we were in a closed car) until he saw they were no threat. We were in a closed car in a safe neighborhood.

So my question /k/: is this normal behavior among you weapon enthusiasts? Should I be worried about his paranoia?
>>
>>30976445
oh yeah, happens all the time
>>
Did he have an ankle knife? You're leaving out important details in your trolling.
>>
>>30976445
Entirely normal.
>>
>>30976515
Possibly, but I don't think so. I wasn't really paying much attention, but I don't remember him going for his ankle when demonstrating his knives. There was definitely a neck knife, at least 4 waist band knives, and I think a knife in each pocket.

I'm really not trolling though. He was talking about getting his CCL soon too.
>>
>>30976518
Really? Well ok then.

He is mentally ill, so I was concerned, but I'll just chalk it up to weapon weirdo behavior.
>>
Did he have a sword-cane in his trench coat?
>>
>>30976587
No.

I feel like I'm getting trolled here, but I was really worried.
>>
>>30976570
Nah fuck you thats his autism.
>>
>>30976618
I was more concerned about him reaching for his knife because someone passed by us 15 feet away while we were locked in a car.

He can carry 30 knives on him for all I care, so long as he's not looking for a reason to stab somebody.
>>
>>30976544
You probably haven't seen all of them. The thing you need to keep in mind that he probably has strategies in place for how to deal with YOU, should you go rogue on him.
>>
>>30976618
And no offense, but isn't everyone on this board at least somewhere on the spectrum?

You can probably expand that to all of 4chan.
>>
>>30976445
Oklahoma?
>>
>>30976763
Texas
>>
>>30976770
What kinda haircut? I might know this guy.
>>
>>30976785
I don't know if I want to out him, but since I think it's unlikely, he's got a big bushy mountain man beard, fairly long hair that's not styled in any way.
>>
Don't ask to see his butt knife. It isn't normal but some people love the tickle of Cold Steel on their sphincter.
>>
>>30976834
Ah not him then. I will say that the guy I know who carries that many knives has the history to warrant it. While there are lots mall ninjas out there there are guys for whom it isn't paranoia, it's preparation for past experience. So I wouldn't be too quick to judge. But then again he might just be paranoid, he's your friend OP.
>>
File: 1467029953385.jpg (89KB, 778x675px) Image search: [Google]
1467029953385.jpg
89KB, 778x675px
>>30976664
>He can carry 30 knives on him for all I care, so long as he's not looking for a reason to stab somebody.
>carrying 30 knives on him
>not looking for a reason to stab somebody.
seems like a perfectly normal dude
>>
>>30976901
Pretty sure there's no past experience to warrant it. This is a recent development after he started taking some martial arts classes about 6 months ago, he started getting really into survival stuff.
>>
>>30976916
I don't know if that's the case or not. It just seemed really weird that within 15 minutes of introducing me to his knives, he found a reason to start pulling one of them out when there was no reason to think we were in any danger.
>>
>>30976958
A student of bulshido then.
>>
File: 1470446126741.jpg (541KB, 1007x811px) Image search: [Google]
1470446126741.jpg
541KB, 1007x811px
Technically he's becoming an edgelord.
>>
>>30977083
Yeah, he's gone from being like George Costanza to being like Dwight Schrute.
>>
7 knives is a bit extreme but I know a couple guys who carry at least 4 at all times. One of my friends says he knows a guy who carries a hatchet. A fucking hatchet. And he's pulled it out before and scared people away with it. No one wants to mess with a guy with a fucking hatchet.
>>
>>30976445
I only carry 2 knives.

Then again I'm not a fucking autist supreme.
>>
>>30976445
Your friend sounds like a nice, reliable dude that demonstrates good situational awareness. You should consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>30976445
Your friend is autistic and I suspect since you're friends you may have a slight sprinkling as well. You still have hope since you're questioning his bullshit.
>>
I'm sure your friend is not obese at all, OP.
>>
>>30978093
He is overweight. This was the first time I've seen him in months but we talk and text a lot.

He's been doing crossfit and martial arts like 3-5x a week, talks about it endlessly, and says he's been doing a grain free diet.

So I was kind of expecting that he'd have lost a significant amount of weight, but when I saw him, it looked like he had gained weight if anything. Wtf?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.