[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fostech ECHO TRIGGER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: echo-flyer.png (226KB, 802x979px) Image search: [Google]
echo-flyer.png
226KB, 802x979px
What are /k's thoughts? Viable?
>>
>>30973924
Seen something like this tested. Trigger fucked up and hooked somewhere fairly bad. I mean a pull of the charging handle/field strip should solve it but still, after that, I don't trust the idea. I really don't like the idea of my gun hanging up because I wanted to try pseudo-ish FA
>>
>>30973924
I'm gunna buy one and I don't even have an AR.
>>30973962
It doesn't hang up, it just gets gets a dead trigger and becomes semi-auto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcIMERWjhiw
>>
>>30973962
>Comparing it to other triggers
>>
>>30973924
>>30974228
pretty neat
>>
>>30973924
Supposedly it is mechanically timed, no matter hiw fast you pull the trigger it wont malfuction unlike the binary trigger from franklin armory.
>>
>>30973924
They'll sell like hotcakes and in a year or 2 the ATF will change their mind and everyone who bought one will become a felon overnight.
>>
>>30974838
>everyone who bought one will become a felon overnight
I'm a resident of Maryland and I've inherited two pistols from my grandparents and committed 4 felonies.
No one fucking cares.
It will just bring us closer to doing something about the bullshit laws.
>>
I wonder how close the shots groups with a good break.
>>
>>30974534
It works like a full auto trigger in that there is a device in the trigger which comes in contact with the back of the bolt carrier when the bolt goes into battery. When that is activated by the bolt carrier, the trigger can be actuated to release the hammer.

The difference between this an an auto trigger is that when the shooter causes an action that would release the hammer (either pulling or releasing the trigger) if the bolt is not in battery then the hammer is not released until the shooter performs another action to release the trigger. You can "out run" the trigger, but catching back up to it simply involves squeezing or releasing the trigger, depending.
>>
>>30973924
honestly i cannot fucking wait.
>>
>>30973924
They keep delaying their ship dates over and over and they keep making lame excuses for it.
Makes me suspicious that Franklin Armory's rumor is true, they are probably waiting for an ATF decision that may never come for their "safety sear"(auto sear).

The simple fact is that the ATF approval that they claim they have is based on the original patent they bought years ago without the sear. Even small changes to things like trigger kits have to be sent in to the ATF technical branch for inspection to make sure they cant be "readily convertible" to fully automatic fire.
>>
File: rihanna takes no prisoners.jpg (40KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
rihanna takes no prisoners.jpg
40KB, 494x494px
>>30977752
They dont have to wait for a decision though, if a certain amount of time goes by without a response whatever has been submitted is considered good to go until an arbitrary decision is made that makes it illegal in some way but that can happen even after they've cleared it and to anything they want at any time.

Having the approval letter would help with marketing since people would 'fear' buying a perfectly legal product, that's about it.

Franklin armory had to wait forever to get their trigger approved too, doesnt mean that there are any real problems, just that the ATF is a lazy bloated government organization like usual.
>>
>>30977941
ATF tech branch is pretty quick on whether or not something submitted is good to go or not. The usual period of time between product submission and decision is a mere 90 days. Franklin actually did get their approval letter.

Meanwhile it has been much more than 90 days where fostech has hung their "preorder" customers out to dry with continuous rolling delays. Safety sears in trigger packs have been a nogo for quite a long time in the atf's eyes, import dragunovs, FN trigger packs and a few other all had to be ameliorated because of arbitrary decisions.
>>
>>30974228
>Four hundred and eighty fucking dollars
Jesus christ, this shit better be made of Space Magic and unicorn farts for a fucking trigger pack to be this expensive
>>
>>30979301
Did you watch the video?
>>
>>30973924
Mechanically sure, a double action trigger has seemed like a pretty obvious ATF trolling workaround to me for a long time.
Will it survive ATF fuckery? Eh probably not, as someone already said even if it does get initial approval they'll quite possibly NOPE.interpretation later on anyway.
And that price, I guess there are plenty of people that will pay a premium for the novelty and sticking it to the man in some small imagined way, really that is a lot for a trigger, it better have the sweetest break to go with it's double action mode.
>>
>>30973924

I'm going to buy one. I think it is pretty cool and from what research I have been able to do, it seems like a big improvement over many current iterations of similar triggers. I might buy a few desu...install one and just stick the others in the back of my safe.
>>
>>30974954
So in other words exactly what i said in my first post. You cant outrun the trigger and cause a malfunction.
>>
>>30978291
franklin armory got their approval letter long after 90 days.
>>
>>30981952
Not too long after 90 days, just took an extra month or two and Franklin armory was completely open about their approval process, meanwhile fostech is making lame excuses and is being shady as fuck.
>>
>>30973924

What would happen if someone were to, hypothetically, put one of these on an AR with a bumpfire stock and let loose? I assume massive parts failure.
>>
Cool concept that I'll wait too see how it fairs and wait for a sale or price drop.

Remember people bitching about the MSRP of the 3mr at 500? It's like 350ish now (which is still high for what it is IMO), and places have it on sale for 250ish from time to time.
>>
>>30974911
Amen
>>
>>30982227
One of the Youtube guys did that. MAC I think? It actually worked worse in the bumpfire stock because he couldn't get the cadence right.
>>
>>30982573
I just watched forstech? Video on it and at the end they did with bump fire stock working fine
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.