[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /k/ think of the Canik TP9 series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: tp9.png (732KB, 818x538px) Image search: [Google]
tp9.png
732KB, 818x538px
what does /k/ think of the Canik TP9 series?
>>
Never shot one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Seems like a great gun for that price.
>>
Good. The original tp9 is meh but the tp9sa is God-tier.
They need to make a compact version of the tp9sa already for muh concealed carry.
>>
>>30973359
>>30973359
The SA model has a PPQ-esque trigger which is nice, I heard they can take modified beretta 92 magazines. I'm tempted to attempt a grip chop and see if I can't get 92 compact magazines to work with it and have my own compact TP9
>>
Good guns that can be had for 300, but fuck the turk roaches
>>
Dude I know got one, failures to fire after less than 100 rounds, apparently some issue with the striker, he made it seem like it was a known issue with the guns.

I'd just buy a Ruger if I want a cheap striker fired pistol.
>>
File: 0719161304a.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0719161304a.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>30973189
I have my canik TP9SA I bought at quantico for 345.00 flat last december shot 600 rounds through it and its like a tank it chews through ammo really fast due to the mag size but I have 3 20 rounds and 3 18 round magazines. My advice is to buy as many 20s as you can get your hands on but they are 29 dollars each but are very high quality once the mags are broken in they can hold 21 rounds without much effort and the 18 rounds can hold 19 rounds when they are broken in. over all its the best striker polymer frame pistol on the market at its price point forever and I doubt there's anything better that costs under 1000 for the same result
God-tier and should be added into the /k/ approved list sometime who knows *shrugs*
Also the decocker is recessed making it impossible to accidentally activate I like it simply to load one in the chamber decock and your ready to rock.
>>
>>30973189
TP9 a shit

Shark FC or bust
>>
>>30976707
since its single action you must partially pull back the slide to get it back into battery regardless I'd buy a spare one soon just for spare parts since century does not sell them.
>>
It's a meme gun
>>
File: IMG_2385.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2385.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Let me tell you OP about my experience, I bought this guy in February and have put maybe 600-800 rounds (not much for counting) down the pipe. The only time I had an issue was when I tried to fire a round that had been rechambered a few too many times when cc'ing. I"ll post pictures after this, but it was the only time I had issues with the gun. No failures other than this. Long story short its a great buy, it'll get a XD situation soon when the find a way to get some attention.
>>
File: IMG_2535.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2535.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
heres that damn round
>>
>>30973189
>Dude I know got one, failures to fire after less than 100 rounds, apparently some issue with the striker

My TP9SA had the same problem, the trigger bar wasn't disengaging the firing pin block after about 600 rounds, causing the striker to drop and never hit the primer. Recocking would allow it to fire again. I sent it back to Century and they had it fixed and returned in about 4-5 weeks. I haven't had another problem since.

It was an annoying experience, but I still like the gun and its a good deal if you dont get a lemon. You can pull the slide off and check how much the trigger bar wiggles side to side to verify if its good or shit. It should be fairly tight with little wiggle.
>>
File: IMG_2541.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px)
IMG_2541.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
Just put maybe 50 rounds through the pipe after some people here said I should take it to a gun smith but I said fuck it these are internet experts. Shot fine, will do again.
>>
>>30977267
are those those turkish 124 gr?
>>
>>30977238
What happened?
Did the round pull out of the casing and get lodged or something?
>>
>>30973430
Are they interchangeable with P99 mags? If so why don't you use a P99 compact mag?
>>
>tfw you recently lost your job
>tfw you were the only one bringing substantial income in
>tfw even a Canik is too expensive
>tfw panic buy is in full storm
>tfw not enough money to buy anything till well after election
>tfw everything will be taken by shillary when she wins
Please /k/, either hold me or kill me.
>>
>>30979167
>still at parents' house at 23
>no guns because Gran Autismo-level littlest brother has a DEX of 6 and the spatial awareness of a blinded bull, and also can't keep his hands to his own fucking self sometimes
>have McJob, so it's a choice between a CC pistol that I could legally carry maybe two waking hours a day, or paying for college and my first car
>was chased by some asshole with a knife last year around May, so this whole situation just makes me feel vulnerable every time I'm out of the house
>only have a shitty Chinese folder I carry on the down-low for protection
>I'm gonna fucking die from a simultaneous whole-body ulcer one of these days
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.