[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what's the story with Maks today? 1. Did Baikal discontinue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: mak.jpg (194KB, 945x761px) Image search: [Google]
mak.jpg
194KB, 945x761px
So, what's the story with Maks today?

1. Did Baikal discontinue making new Maks?
2. How are 9x18 prices compared to 9x19?
3. Is the mag release really a big problem?
4. Where to get, how much to pay?

Also, dickgrips general.
>>
>>30972063
1. No idea, but probably. Maks are pretty old designs.

2. You can buy decent boxes of 9x18 for 14-15 bucks. They aren't substantially cheaper than getting ammo for 9x19. In fact, since 9x18 is far less common and you will likely have to buy online and pay for shipping, you better buy in bulk

3. No, as long as you practice with your weapon and know how to use it. People who complain about it have a training problem, the mag release is not the issue

4. jgsales.com is selling bulgarian maks in excellent condition for 300. Pretty good deal, worth picking one up if you really want a mak.

I like maks. They're pretty decent guns, and they're cheap. I like carrying one during summer because it's small, even if it is a little heavy. I figure if I ever have to use it and the police end up taking it and screwing me out of a gun, at least it won't be hard or expensive to replace.
>>
File: mak.png (1MB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
mak.png
1MB, 1000x678px
1. They no longer import them
2. Not that great
3.Not a big issue on a range gun, if I were to carry it it'd concern me a bit
4. http://www.jgsales.com/bulgarian-makarov-semi-auto-pistol,-9x18,-red-star-grips,-holster,-excellent-condition,-used.-p-64017.html these are like new
>>
>>30973008
>>30973067

Thanks guys.
>>
>>30972063
> Did Baikal discontinue making new Maks?
no, they just do not let them import them into the US

> How are 9x18 prices compared to 9x19?
depends on what kind of ammo you want

> Is the mag release really a big problem?
No, I´m left handed and prefer that style of mag release

> Where to get, how much to pay?
Internet, try gunbroker
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/577122836
I wouldn´t pay anything past the 300$ mark
>>
File: tmp_1278-IMAG08241488509996.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1278-IMAG08241488509996.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>30972063
1. Don't know
2. Costs about the same if I buy it locally, but it's substantially cheaper than .380 ACP and .32 ACP, so I shoot my 9x18's more than my other blowbacks.
3. Heel releases take a little getting used to, but that's what training is for.
4. Internet. I paid $300 +$15 shipping for the gun, two mags, a holster, and a lanyard I'll never use. You shouldn't pay more than that.

Pic related, Bulgarian Makarov Package from AIM.
>>
>>30972063
How do Baikal Maks compare to East German and Bulgarian ones?
>>
>>30975658

OP here - supposedly they are alright, but the not-fixed sight sucks.
>>
>>30975658
From what I've seen, collectors think East Germans are the best. I dunno how much obvious difference there is though.
>>
>>30972063
1.no idea
2.fucking look it up, you have unlimited resources at your disposal. its 2016 and you have the entire knowledge of the human race in your fucking pocket you lazy sack of shit.
3.the heel mag release was common in europe for a very very long time
4. will second jgsales. Ordered the gun and an extra mag, total I pad after transfer was around $360 or so. Came with a holster, cleaning rod, and a booklet that said it was brought into service with Slovakian police in 2001. kinda neat.
>>
>>30976293
having held and fucked around with the russian import and east german, the east german is not only a better feel, the heel release is like a dream comparatively, and it just feels like a slicker gun.

but because its east german the price is stupid high, so its not worth it imo.
the difference is 100% not big enough to warrant an extra 300 but it is noticeable.
>>
>>30976396
>>30976293

Thanks, does the fact that the imports are new compared to old East German ones make much of an impact?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.