[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ashlands/Post YS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 79

File: CC flag.png (276KB, 2969x1875px) Image search: [Google]
CC flag.png
276KB, 2969x1875px
Flags, Stories, and arguments-edition

Get in here Outlanders! Let's get some discussion/writefaggotry/state shitposting going on!

Previous thread
>>30958601

Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/c8exhsjy
>>
File: 1470206233131.png (169KB, 1372x667px) Image search: [Google]
1470206233131.png
169KB, 1372x667px
>>30970773
Map of territories, needs to be updated, but gets the general gist across.

Had some great writing last thread, going to make some screencaps here in a bit.
>>
File: ADF_land.png (384KB, 523x674px) Image search: [Google]
ADF_land.png
384KB, 523x674px
>>30970884
Pic related, ADF needs to be added, as well as a few other area I believe.
>>
File: GulfRepublic.png (30KB, 533x359px) Image search: [Google]
GulfRepublic.png
30KB, 533x359px
>>30970980
More flags, this time for the Gulf Republic
>>
File: RGC.png (1MB, 900x6000px) Image search: [Google]
RGC.png
1MB, 900x6000px
>>30970884
>>30971001

Reposting anons contribution to RGC and hoping for forgiveness for being assblasted last thread
>>
File: GLCflag_patch.png (60KB, 2088x900px) Image search: [Google]
GLCflag_patch.png
60KB, 2088x900px
>>30971001
Very nice flag & patch for the GLC
>>
>>30971063
came here to post, thanks for saving and approving. took literally 1 1/2 hours to find/compile everything.
>captcha: select all palm trees
it's a sign
>>
File: Average_ForeverGlades_Citizen.png (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Average_ForeverGlades_Citizen.png
108KB, 800x600px
>>30971063
Was about to post that, I'll just post the average Floridian man instead. Looks like not much has changed since the Storm
>>
>>30971063
Very complete and informative, I might add that as-is to the...whatever I end up making. Might try a wiki-type or something, if anyone knows any sites that offer it for free/isn't a giant clusterfuck.
>meteorogical Ashmap of the Inner zones
>>
Hermitic Florida Man checking in. What's the situation in the region?
>>
File: 1471027960954.png (3MB, 1874x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471027960954.png
3MB, 1874x1000px
>>30971241
>ate my picture
>Thanks Obama
>>
File: TNEF.png (104KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
TNEF.png
104KB, 500x737px
>>30971247
Funny you should ask, it's all right here. Very clean and easy to read
>TNEF Patch and min flag
>>
>>30971305
Christ, right here I mean, >>30971063
I'm batting a thousand here already.
>>
>>30971305
>>30971064

Speaking of patches, what did you guys use to make yours? I'm working off a Mac so paint isn't really an option for me
>>
File: rsFPGhM.jpg (149KB, 960x794px) Image search: [Google]
rsFPGhM.jpg
149KB, 960x794px
NY Guy here. Posting something I decided to crank out about the (Possibly short-lived, if the NEC and ADF have their way.) Republic of New York/Republic of New Amsterdam. Still working on a name.

>"Once Yellowstone blew, New York City was fucked. Frankly, it was fucked even before the first Gray Winter, before the first crop failures, before 'The Storm'. The East Coast didn't get buried in ash like the Midwest did, but we still got enough. We used to provide most of the electricity for them up here, you know? Right from the hydro plant on the river. The ash blew transformers from here all the way downstate, just shorted them right out."
>"The pre-Ashfall population of NYC alone, not including Long Island or the surrounding counties, was something like 9 million people. There were entire countries that didn't have 9 million people in them, and they had just lost the ability to keep the shadows away at night, to cook or refrigerate food, to even keep in touch with the outside world. And the collapse of the national transportation system meant that no more food would be coming in."
>"I've heard stories, you know, from people that made it out, about how bad it got in there. Shit to give you nightmares even if you've never seen it. Within a week of the lights going out, NYC had gone full 'Lord of the Flies'. Most people only had a week's worth of food, even less water. Once they ran out..."

1/?
>>
>>30971498
No idea, very nice anons came by and made them for us. One of them made that flag and the OP last thread, they might be back around. They seem to enjoy it.
>>
>>30971588
>"People eating their pets. People eating rats. People eating garbage. When they got hungry enough, desperate enough, people eating other people. Street gangs turning Manhattan and the boroughs into a warzone right out of the Middle East, or Mogadishu, back when it existed. It might not be all that shocking nowadays, but you have to understand that back then this was horrifying. Maybe the National Guard or the Army could have brought in some form of stability, but with half the fucking country on fire and the rest being buried under mountains of ash, there just wasn't enough beans and band-aids to go around."
>"9 million people. More like 14 million if you include Long Island and the surrounding counties. Try to picture that many people, and I guarantee that you simply can't. It's a force of nature more than a mob. A hungry, scared, desperate force of nature. Emergency services were completely swallowed up, or else they were running with the rest. Those people that weren't dead or dying or fighting over the scraps of Manhattan tried to flee. Just this mass fucking Exodus. No direction, no leadership, no destination, just anywhere. Into New Jersey, or into Pennsylvania, or into Massachusetts. But of most of them just fled upstate."
>"How could we turn them back? I'm not talking on moral grounds of 'helping our fellow man', I mean how do you physically turn that many people back? People whose choices are certain death in the city or possible survival up north? I know that some people tried to turn the evacuees back by force. I guarantee you that most of them died in the process. That old adage of 'One man with a gun can control a hundred men without one' doesn't work so well when there's two or three hundred men, many of who were armed despite decades of effort by liberal policymaking."

2/?
>>
>>30971604
>"It almost did us in. It was the first Gray Winter, the worst weather I'd seen since the '98 Ice Storm, and suddenly there were literally millions of extra mouths to feed. Millions of extra bodies to shelter. I don't know how many froze to death during those long months, how many starved, how many were buried under these huge fucking drifts of dirty snow. Entire towns just wiped off the map. They're still digging bodies out of the Adirondacks."
>"We couldn't survive another winter like that. We couldn't survive the sheer influx. Something had to be done. By this point the Federal government had more or less collapsed. If there was anyone giving orders, no one was really listening to them. The amount of ash in the air shot any cell or radio signals. A lot of information was simply passed by word of mouth, and a lot of the first efforts at preparing for next winter were organized at the individual level or town level. Putting the refugees to work clearing wet ash from the roads, chopping trees for lumber, tilling soil and planting crops, digging graves, that kind of shit.”
>“One thing I will give to you about Manhattan, a lot of people means a lot of blue collar workers. Plumbers, carpenters, electricians, truck drivers, garbage collectors... People who could get their hands dirty without complaints. Sure there were too fucking many cubicle workers, who had never seen hardship outside of someone pronouncing their name wrong at Starbucks, but there were millions more who were willing to work for their keep.”
>>
I'm hoping to hear more from that Arkansas poster

Holy fuck that last night story was fucking awesome and scary as fuck!
>>
>>30971662
>“It was brutally simple - you don't work, you don't eat. And that rule went for the locals as well. I earned my meals by being a bike messenger between Malone and Ogdensburg. The amount of weight I must have shed off in that year alone... Still, even with the extra farmland and newly built homes, that second Gray Winter probably culled off another couple hundred thousand or more."

4/?

This is all I have for now. Still working on how the RNY/RNA/??? comes to pass.
>>
>>30971740
Upstate anon here, pretty good so far. Patiently waiting for more
>>
>>30970980
>Appalachian
>Not Westsylvania
>>
>>30972271
No shit? Where in?

Any thoughts of your own? I was thinking Syracuse for the new Capital. (I imagine Albany just got overrun by refugees.)
>>
>>30970884
So what exactly do the areas with the lines through them mean? I have some writefaggery about Central Indiana that I want to do, but I want it to fit in with the rest of the world.
>>
>>30971498
Prolly Illustrator, it's industry standard for vector graphics. Mac is also mostly industry standard for graphic design.... not 100% sure why I always used windows, just Adobe programs. You can also ghetto-use photoshop, it has some vector tools or just pixel it up but illustrator is best, vector graphics allow you to scale to any size without pixelating, it's an awesome genius system. Instead of a mosaic of pixels, the vector maps out points in reference to each other, then the pixels are built. So the points always remain in the same proportion to each other however you scale them, therefore pixels can be built over and over again at highest resolution because points are always the same in relation to each other when you change size.
>>
>>30972290
Orleans. I think Syracuse is a good pick, although I'm partial to Rochester because of how red it can be/manufacturing base. I'd imagine the culture mix would cause a lot of violence
>>
>>30972466
That's a good spot, though I'll admit my knowledge of the Rochester area is a bit limited. (St. Lawrence County here.) My initial thoughts for Syracuse was that it's pretty much at the exact center of the state, and both major interstates (I-81 and I-90) pass through it, making it a major transit hub. I also don't want to imagine Gray Winter lake effect, hah.

And, if you're talking about NYC culture mixing with Greater NYS culture, not as much as you might expect. At this point it's SHTF and there's not exactly a lot of room for 'muh feelings'. You either help hunt, or plant crops, or do hard work in the few months of the year where it's not frozen over, or you and your kids starve or freeze to death.

Most of the violence happens around the whole Rockland/Westchester Counties area. Mostly between raider bands from the NYC area and the RNY Militia.
>>
Someone should make a poster or picture of a guy in a gas mask wrapped in like a cloak or Shaw with a ar15 or something. Then next to him or a box him it says welcome to the ashlands
>>
File: patch.png (40KB, 665x730px) Image search: [Google]
patch.png
40KB, 665x730px
Does this look like a good patch? i traced the AK really quick, so it looks like shit
>>
>>30972797
mmmmm ak alfa, so sexy-ru
>>
File: 1456228245735.gif (994KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1456228245735.gif
994KB, 500x279px
>>30972619
>tfw apocalyptic lake effect
I see your point about 'muh feelings', but I think most would be hesitant at the beginning to take on refugees when food is scarce to begin with
>>
>>30970773

Doesn't this belong on the quest board.
>>
>>30972858
No, because muh guns
>>30972837
>tfw too poor to afford it
>>
>>30972797
>>30972837

>>30972873
D=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X5xHB8HeEQ
>>
>>30972849
Oh, yeah. Sorry, I thought you meant after that first winter.

Yeah, plenty of people were dead set against taking on refugees, and a lot of initial violence happened during that time. But the problem is, how do you turn back like 6-8 million people? Not only that, shit's coming apart all over the place at this point, so there's not any organized 'group' trying to turn people back or even group them into one area.

So the refugees were coming either way, which resulted in a shit-ton of people dying that winter. Possibly a couple million.
>>
File: REMOVEKEBAB.png (664KB, 967x807px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVEKEBAB.png
664KB, 967x807px
>>30972952
Jesus christ muh dick
>>
>>30972999
Ahhhh, sorry I didn't make that clear. After the first winter I'd think everyone would take on that 'work or die' attitude. Maybe other nations would use the ruins of NYC to host an area of influence type deal after a while, perhaps against the interest of RNY?
>>
>>30972849
Pragmaticism takes over at a certain point.
>>
>>30973094
There was a guy on here in the last thread who kind of claimed the NYC area, called 'The Five Tribes'. Pretty much, the clusterfuck of the greater NYC area given over to the criminal gangs and people crazy enough to wing it there.

The RNY already has its threats in the NEC and the ADF, who already planned to carve up the state before I even made this story.
>>
File: BaronofMendocino.jpg (44KB, 617x226px) Image search: [Google]
BaronofMendocino.jpg
44KB, 617x226px
Reading the original threads from desuarchive.
Almost swallow my dip from laughing at pic related.
>>
>>30972313
It's patrolled areas rather than controlled ones
>>
Reminder that we're still here up north making money off of trade with you lower 48ers.
>>
File: 3OperatorMoon.jpg (160KB, 580x610px) Image search: [Google]
3OperatorMoon.jpg
160KB, 580x610px
>>30973037
It's not just a 3d render either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM0yuZrNOm0

muh dick too anon, muh dick too
>>
>>30973185
The Five Tribes fight over NYC in a constant brawl, other roving gangs roam Old DC and parts of Maryland, so there's that
>>30973871
How are things up there?
>>30971588
>>30971604
>>30971662
>>30971740
Excellent piece, look forward to seeing more
>>30972286
Talk to the guy who made it, I think Westylvania sounds better t b h
>>30972858
It's not a quest, it's a worldbuilding session that /k/ came up with.
Also
>MUH GUNS
>>
File: images (11).jpg (35KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
35KB, 443x332px
>After the bighorn attack the scouts were left with little to no morale, after they burried their dead comrades they departed north east towards denver.
>On their way through the US-285 they nicknamed the bighorns "Rammers" due to their instinct to ram everything that moves.
>They settled camp on Bailey, after eating their five year old canned dog food they finally reached Lakewood, it, it hit them like a brick wall, they had just entered into the deep zone, the entire city of Denver was covered in a foot of ash, it seemed that everyone evacuated towards Nebraska due to the lack of cars and people, but they did spot a few camps of ashlings.
>They explored into downtown Denver, they then splitted into two groups, one headed towards Boulder and the other into the Denver airport.
>>
Bumpity bump
>>
>>30975561
Bizuldy bump
>>
>>30971671
What are you talking about

Did i missed something from the other thread??????
>>
>>30975987
Some guy from Arkansas posted this six-parter skinwalker attack story.
>>
>>30976074
Damnit i missed it then

Was it worth the read?
>>
>>30976164
Fuck yeah man, check the OP and go check it out, it's still archived. Just follow the link.
>>
>>30971498
Anon that did that GLC stuff. I'm using a student copy of Illustrator CS6 that never expires.
>>
GLC Flagfag here. In response to last thread's gripe about stars on flags being overdone, Isn't this whole thing essentially a US circle-jerk? It's the whole reason I went with stars and not some other symbol.
The Japanese Prefecture flags are a commonly referenced example of good flag design, yes, but save for a few I just personally don't like them. They just mostly feel like corporate logos. Some have literally become just that.
We could do up a strawpoll later or something, see what the hivemind thinks since there's more than one design idea floating around. Have elk+miner+stars, just stars, and just the base, and toss in a few of the other GLC flag anon's ideas or something. Maybe a separate poll, with three designs from each anon, winner of each goes against each other.

To the anon that was working on the other GLC flag ideas, the last one (solid blue, bulk of design elements in top left of field) I think is best so far. The simplicity of the blue bedsheet background is remniscent of almost all of the GLC states' flags, while having the bulk of the design up into the corner keeps it from feeling like just that, a symbol on a bedsheet. I feel like a thicker margin is an order, though. Just a bit too close to the edge for my liking. Pic related to show what I mean by that.

The ones you posted where it was just the tree large and centered make me think of the show South Park for some reason. Which isn't to say that's a bad thing.

I'm working out a few ideas for some writefagging about a GLC unit that originated in the Fox Valley area, calling them the Moss Foxes because muh tactical green stuff and they're from the FOX valley.
>>
File: GLC red sun idea.png (13KB, 1029x617px) Image search: [Google]
GLC red sun idea.png
13KB, 1029x617px
>>30976313
What do you guys think of the idea of a red sun instead of black? Ties in the red border and reduces it to four colors instead of five.
>>
>>30976360
I like it. Also, with the amount of crud in the atmosphere, blood-red sunrises/sunsets wouldn't be too uncommon.
>>
Hey guys just coming by to let you know that I will be making more ashwalker related stories that will be taking place in Arkansas Ozark region and I will be posting up stories but it will take a while before I put one up on here but i just want to say that I hoped that you enjoyed last night read from my first time story.

My next one will likely include a much sinister atmosphere and more intense survival situations on my next story so don't worry I will be back maybe tomorrow with the new story.
>>
>>30970773
Mojave Union reporting in
>>
>>30976360
I like this one better.
>>30976313
Is too plain and seems empty
>>
>>30976374
I like it, But the reason i think the sun was black originally was because you could see the sun. You wouldn't be able to inna ashland. Its more representative of what was vs what could be. Personal preference would be leave it the way it is. I put the red borders there originally just to make it stand out more and it managed to stick. All in all though its more about the sun and stars and lake being symbolism more than the colors.
>>
File: all the genders.jpg (580KB, 1496x2400px) Image search: [Google]
all the genders.jpg
580KB, 1496x2400px
Im in Wisconsin, what faction am i apart of or am i just in the tide of refugees? im also on the coast of Michigan, and i could litteraly fucking walk to Illinois. Chicago is like four hours away too.
>>
>refugees from Chicago flood into Wisconsin
>since most of us live out in the boonies, we have alot of guns
>northern Wisconsin basicly uneffected aside from ashclouds and maybe some panic killings
>southern WI is fucked
>massive fleets of civilian boats and house boats flood the great lakes prob
>>
>>30976818
Look at the map, Wiscobro. You're in the Great Lakes Coalition.
>>
>>30974204
Oh you know, the normal in the far north. Keeping raiders off the northern trade routes, winter trade's getting more popular with more people learning to use dog sleds
>>
>local militias formed
>Great Lakes Naval Base is fucked over with refugees, Navy recruits attempt to let them in
>fires in Milwaukee as massive firefights start between police and refugees
>national guard and army useless, desertion on a massive scale
>small flotillas of yachts, transport craft and modified navy training vessels from Great Lakes Naval Station begin to start trade across the Great Lakes
>Northern Militias start to move into Southern Wisconsin to attempt to assist police in pushing back Refugees.
>Eventually Northern Militias are organized and asborbed into the Great Lakes Coalition.
>>
>>30971064
>Would wear patch while patrolling the dunes/10
>>
>>30974204
>Talk to the guy who made it, I think Westylvania sounds better t b h

Def. rolls off the tongue better, but Westsylvania has historical precedent. Perhaps the word has evolved slightly. It does sound kinda goofy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westsylvania
>>
>>30976313
If you thing this is a US circle-jerk you're missing the point. Let me quote Stonewall here:

>Yes! That's what we need man, more thoughts, opinions, writing! Throw some stuff down, really, what this doesnt need to be is a circle jerk. This is a board-wide project, let's hear what you've got to say.

Stars work in a lot of cases but I like to see a lot more originality. Just look at all the crazy cool symbolism in current US state flags, stars aren't the only symbol, it's kinda just an easy way out.

>commonly referenced example of good flag design, yes, but save for a few I just personally don't like them.

That's literally just like your opinion, man. Try and understand why everyone agrees they're an example of good flag design.

>corporate logos

You know corps own entire cities in Japan right? And why are corporate logos effective?

I agree though that this is becoming a bit of a flame war with GLC, esp. since the last thread's great GLC flag schism. I also agree that the flag you posted is best of that series though, but I prefer the other series. Blue one could be spruced up a little, I think the stars work best on it, but the tree can be spruced up, i'd stick with 1 color for it, generally text is bad, but this is just for US, so everyone speaks english I guess. Anyways those states are already known for having... very nontraditional flags already...

Alright well I'm really trying to be non-confrontational. I like this thread idea and I think the amount of differing opinions here alone can lead to some great things
>>
>>30976672
I don't think plain or empty is necessarily bad. I think a big blue flag can become very iconic. What do you think of when you see a red flag? A white flag? They're already completely ingrained but completely plain and empty. Men with a big blue flag would instantly be recognized as GLC. Also rag-tag teams would be using any blue fabric they find as makeshift flags. They just gotta be big and blue, like the lakes.
>>
File: Uhhhhh.jpg (47KB, 1028x617px) Image search: [Google]
Uhhhhh.jpg
47KB, 1028x617px
>>30976360
>>30976374
I do like the red sun, goes really well with the border + simplifies things a little and more american colors.

I really like it without the stars too though, but I will concede that it feels really jap, what with the hole red sun rising over water thing...
>>
Fuck, this shit is starting to heat up. ill start writing random tidbits of lore and story. Maybe someone will start a timeline or some shit.
>>
>>30976360
Guys
Hey guys.
Hey guys listen:

Ohio -> Ohayo -> "Good morning" in Japanese
Ohio = State of the rising Sun?
>>
>>30977934
lol. The nib doll-knitting board strikes again. Will it become a state where gun-wielding weaboos establish dominance in an ash-ridden world???

>>30977906
It's just so simple, clean, bold, elegant, noble
>>
>>30977934
Will their base headquarters be a house... the house of the rising sun?

>My father was a gambling man.....
>>
>refugees.
>most people who knew their way around a rifle survived the early days of the event.
>military units gone rouge, police, fireman. outdoorsmen and people of that kind of demographic, well needless to say they are still around today.
>but the cubicle mice, standard suburban families with 9-5 jobs and high salary's, who had it easy in life
>any problem in their simple pretty lives was solved by a phone call or a quick internet search.
>turns out when a looter is entering your house you couldn't just call 9-11.
>alot of people died those early days, the families that decided to hunker down with what meager canned goods they could
>it was worse with those on the road, the people trying to go down south.
>>
>>30977962
>>30977969
idk, don't get butt flustered, I'm not a weeb. I'm just throwing something out that I learned recently and thought would be fun/humorous to contribute since the subject is the great lakes area and the flag design contains a red sun symbol.
>>
>mass hordes of people
>fucking hordes
>their cars had broken down
>i can recall one scene, on an interstate highway going east.
>back then, we thought that the "governmet" was going to save us
>the "government" was there to feed us
>turns out, the National Guard was just as desperate as us.
>they didnt even bother following orders to halt the civs on the highway.
>just got up and left. probably to find their families
>but one thing that will stick in my mind for the rest of my time in the Great Lakes Coalition
>is the children
>there was a broken down red minivan,
>on the side of the road
>two kids, one baby
>the two kids were fighting over a can of baby food
>the baby was sitting there crying, obviously getting none of the food
>they just stole the can of food from the baby, and ate it front of him
>the parents did nothing
>stared off into the endless stream of refugees.
>another group of kids where wandering
>"please, i just need a sip of water, my mom and dad, their hurt, please!"
>one kid tripped while begging
>noone even stopped
>i can still hear that little girls screams, while she was fucking trampled
>like i said, the early days were rough
>>
File: FemaleIDFSoldier3.jpg (538KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleIDFSoldier3.jpg
538KB, 1000x751px
>>30978015
Lol I'm not angry. I'm sorry it's a strange, aggressive type of humor. I think the idea is pretty funny and awesome, I want it to become a thing....

Have a qt IDF girl as recompense
>>
>>30977832
>If you thing this is a US circle-jerk you're missing the point.
If you think I was serious you're missing the joke :^)

I'm not interested in flaming anybody. I don't really care if my idea gets specifically chosen. It's not even really my design. I just tweaked someone elses. If you think a flame war is helping someone by politely critiquing their design and giving advice, then sure, it's a flame war. I even offered up a solution to help cool things down and settle the matter with the strawpoll thing. You're seeing conflict where their really isn't. Like I said, the design for the base version of that flag without stars is not off the table in my mind.

And I wasn't saying that I dislike the prefecture flags to say that nobody is allowed to draw inspiration from them, it was to explain why I didn't want that level of simplicity. Coporate logos are good designs, and yes, part of Japanese (and let's face it, US) culture, but that doesn't, in my opinion, make it good FLAG design. And that's all any decision on design in any field is, opinion. Whether it's skewed by education, nationalism, corporate loyalty, or what have you, it's still an opinion. And back on the good flag design, yes, most of the GLC states (and US states in general) do have very "nontraditional" flags, but who's to say we can't change that? This is, after all, fantasy.

>>30977906
See above, I agree with you that without stars it still looks really nice. But I like stars. Yes, they're over done, yes they ad a not-quite necessary level of complexity, but muh nationalism, bruh. It's remniscent of tradional americana design, whether it be militarily associated, based on the flag, or based on US pop culture, the stars are a staple of design associated with freedom and patriotism. That's why I like it better with them.
>>
File: 1470387095441.jpg (42KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1470387095441.jpg
42KB, 295x295px
>>30977832
>tfw someone says "let me quote Stonewall," and you think,"Huh, wonder what General Jackson had to say that's relevant to this conversation,"
>tfw you're so dumb you forget your name
>>30978069
>fuck
>you crazy
>fuck son
> calm down
>>30977906
Personally the grey sun felt more symbolic, and like >>30981193 said, I like stars because
>MUH NATIONALISM
They are, or were rather, Americans still after all.
>>
>>30976313
>Moss Foxes
The Canvasbacks look forward to working with (or pitting their mettle against) your Moss Foxes in the future. That's a cool name t b h familam
>>
Bumpity boopity bump
>>
File: 1470819659363.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1470819659363.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
Dont let it die! Come back writefags!
>>
File: Denver.jpg (35KB, 576x351px) Image search: [Google]
Denver.jpg
35KB, 576x351px
>post-eruption, Denver has been abandoned by civilized folk, mainly because of volcanic ash, and huge packs of wildlife that have taken over the city. Small groups of scavengers have holed up here from time to time or tried to loot some of the buildings but it has never been a concerted effort until now.
>Denver is a place that is rich in resources, they're just hard to acquire. There's a lot of looting to be done but it's spread over much of the city, other people have claims on parts of it, and vicious Ashlings are everywhere, so it's not safe.
>Denver was a wreck. It was in the middle of a building boom shortly before the eruption, as many new jobs were opening there the city was swollen to bursting.
>Before the eruption people panicked and fled the city by car, clogging the freeways when they ran out of gas and trapping everyone behind them.
>>
>>30985001
I'll keep working on the RNY story. I'll probably pastebin it, just to keep from post spamming it.
>>
>>30986009
Post spamming keeps the thread alive anon.
>>
going to write something soon
>>
>>30986044
Indeed it does, dubs anon
>>30986009
It's really good, so please, lets hear it.

Sorry by they way for being absent the past couple of days, some asshat broke into my mother in law's house and stole all her drugs so I've been over there being guard dog. I'm home now and I think I'm going to do some writing for several different things.

Really want to explore an anons idea from last threads about mercenary groups operating innaAsh. Got brought up around the second thread and I totally forgot about it and got caught up in the State wankery.
>>
File: 1463856583170.png (31KB, 191x196px) Image search: [Google]
1463856583170.png
31KB, 191x196px
>>30976884
>ywn drive a sled team through giant ash dunes
>ywn bring furs, salted venison, wood, homemade black powder to trade with strange native Ashlanders and Rugged Arizona Rangers down from the Yukon
>ywn fight Ashwraiths, Mad Max-style raiders, rogue Military units, and more sinister things with your fellow Mountain Men
whyevenlive.jpg
>>
File: IPF.png (67KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IPF.png
67KB, 2048x1536px
>>30973507
Huh. Okey-dokey then. I'd been tossing around an idea in my head for a while after visiting the Indy 500 hall of fame museum.
>About a month after Yellowstone erupts, a group of survivors take refuge in the Indy 500 Speedway.
>They begin by building a small town in the center of the complex, with the Hall of Fame being the common building where everyone does official business.
>The areas around the Speedway, especially to the north, are completely lawless, and though the highways are clogged with cars, most country roads are totally clear.
>The leader of the settlement gets an idea to refurbish the old Indy Cars (many of which are 2-seaters) and turn them into high-speed patrol vehicles.
>They build filters over the radiators to keep road-ash out, put heavy, offroad tires on them, and kit them out to be used as patrol and interceptor vehicles.
>The Indiana Patrol Force is founded.
>Soon, other locations unite with the IPF and their patrol network expands.
>Patrol Officers use varied vehicles and equipment depending on which barracks they're stationed from.
>For example: Near the Speedway, most officers use the refurbished Indy Cars, while the further north you get, the more old muscle cars and regular civilian cars you see. The only thing they all have in common is the IPF badge on the doors of the vehicle.
>They are armed with everything from old Mosins to tactical ARs, as well as heavy weapons mounted to their vehicles, which includes a short blowback, black powder geavy machine gun that can be built in a blacksmith's shop if need be.
>Their zone of control stops just below South Bend, and just north of Louisville.
>Usually their barracks are renovated century-old mansions, which can be found dotting the Indiana countryside. Their garages are usually polebarns or other modular structures, and they use partially-buried shipping containers as armories.
>>
>>30987426
Here's a photo of the old Indy Cars for reference.
>>
>>30987426
>MadMaxshenanigansintensifies.gif
Fucking hell, that sounds awesome as shit man. Really like that badge too, did you make that?
>>
>>30987522
Of course the drivers and gunners are wearing old aviator caps and googles with leather jackets and scarves wrapped around their faces to keep the ash out, right?
>>
File: Black Steel Insignia.png (52KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Black Steel Insignia.png
52KB, 2048x1536px
>>30987524
Yep. Here's the program I used.
http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/
It's meant for making comic book characters and the like, but you can make insignia with it pretty easily.

Also here's another one I made for a story I might write at some point.
>>
>>30987544
Absolutely. The guys based out of Speedway get really into the whole racecar driver thing. Some of them even custom-paint their patrol cars with old-fashioned racing liveries.
>>
>>30987562
Huh, I never thought of that, you're a clever guy.
>>30987593
Maybe that could be the whole schtick, even with the guys not at the Speedway. Have most of them running old muscle cars and Harleys, have them really into the Greaser thing.
>TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!
>>
>>30987633
Oh hell yeah. The ones in muscle cars dress in road leathers like Mad Max, and since there's an air museum at Grissom, the guys there have a rolling HQ made from mating a B17 hull to a semi-truck chassis. It has M2s in all the gunners' stations too. Those guys all dress like WWII era pilots.
>>
>>30987673
Sweet Baby Jesus that sounds awesome. What's the idea behind Black Steel?
>>
>>30987716
So far, it's a bunch of mercenaries/pirates who have a Typhoon Class submarine (named Black Steel). The captain would be kind of reminiscent of Ramius from Hunt for Red October, only his actual nationality would be kept extremely vague. His crew would consist of people from pretty much every nationality, and the missile tubes in the center of the boat have been replaced with a giant cargo bay.

I still don't have any idea what the plot would be, just that the main character would be someone who sort of gets brought aboard against their own will, as well as the will of the captain. Sort of a 20,000 Leagues type of deal.
>>
File: image.png (439KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
439KB, 640x1136px
Guys! Looks like we won't have to wait much longer!
>>
File: 1464834038391.png (249KB, 601x356px)
1464834038391.png
249KB, 601x356px
>>30988073
>Australian
Also, charge your damn phone
>>
File: Sixty billion aeons in MSpaint.png (29KB, 1670x552px) Image search: [Google]
Sixty billion aeons in MSpaint.png
29KB, 1670x552px
>>30987716
Also, here's a shitty attempt at designing a HMG that the IPF can cheaply produce and field.
>>
>>30988073
>gps
>16% battery
Get the fuck out
>>
File: 42SRGCB.png (120KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
42SRGCB.png
120KB, 1600x1200px
>>30987836
That sounds pretty rad, how would they operate? I don't suppose they're shooting many torpedoes post-apocalypse, so just using their stealth to close in on other ships and take them by surprise? Sneeki Breeki coastal insertions for snatch and grabs? Think they'd rent out to governments for that purpose? Doing SOF insert/exfil on the coast, all perfectly deniable and tidy.

You were right btw, that program is piss easy. I just shat out a halfway decent patch design for the Confederacys' SOF troops that I came up with.
>>
>>30988279
I don't really know if Black Steel would be post apocalyptic, or if it would just be in a world where the Soviet Union collapsed a lot harder than it did in our own. Either way, they would mostly be like smugglers, getting cargo discreetly from one location to another, as well as doing secret spook stuff for countries that lack a navy, but have the cash to hire a submarine.
>>
File: 1465351831545.gif (3MB, 288x512px)
1465351831545.gif
3MB, 288x512px
>>30988315
Ah, my mistake, I was under the impression that they fell within the Post Eruption world, didn't realize it was your own personal universe/storyline.

Still though...a rogue Russian nuclear submarine prowling the East coast post-Rupture would make for a pretty awesome story...
>>
>>30988384
>a rogue Russian nuclear submarine prowling the East coast post-Rupture would make for a pretty awesome story
You make a good point... What if there was a giant gathering of ships in the middle of the Atlantic, kind of like the Quarians in Mass Effect? Their military force could be submarine-based and do patrols about 400 miles out from the main flotilla.
>>
>>30988464
That might be a bit TOO far out, you know? You could hand wave a nuclear powered submarine staying underway for huge amounts of time, falling to piracy when supplies are low and selling their unique services to the various factions that border the coast.

How would a flotilla stay supplied? There cant be much shipping traffic with the world on fire, volcanic and nuclear, and fueling anything not nuclear powered would be nigh impossible, let alone feeding the crew and keeping up with maintenance. There's simply not enough traffic to justify it. Don't forget the monster storm that wiped out half of Florida and most of the Coast of the SE, that probably got out into open water and raged for a good long time as well. I just don't see it being able to suspend disbelief, in all honesty.

But a black-hearted Captain leading a battle hardened crew from contract to contract, nation to nation, straddling the boundary between mercenary and criminal? That's a friggin novel my friend, and I'd read the shit out of it.
>>
>>30988666
That's true. A rogue submarine would probably be about the limit of believably. Though I could see people living on the ships in the Mothball Fleets in California and Norfolk.

Also I wonder what would happen to aircraft carriers. Do you think they would stay in coastal areas and become pseudo-cities, or would their captains desperately try to keep following the last orders received from the US all while trying to prevent a mutiny?
>>
>>30988723
I don't imagine there'd be much use for carriers, seeing as how acquiring fuel and the way the ash will fuck up a plane engine. I could absolutely see people living on them though, Rivet City wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility at all.

I'd imagine that on the West Coast especially, the sailors and officers would have abandoned ships to get to their families, as that seems to be pretty much canon for why the Army and Airforce aren't around anymore. I know one anon was mulling around the idea of small, possibly company sized units going rogue and basically becoming mercenaries, bandits, and raiders, so maybe we could see one or two ships doing the same thing on the West Coast.

On the East Coast, the 2nd Fleet is made up of every available battle craft that could be made seaworthy after the Fleet was decimated by the Storm. They work for the Confederacy, being based out of VA in the first place, and struggle to keep shipping lanes open up the coast and down to the Gulf, spending their time fighting pirates and escorting merchant convoys where they can.

That's why I think a sub with no allegiances and that goes pirate from time to time could be such an interesting story.
>>
File: unreal tournament.gif (2MB, 163x120px) Image search: [Google]
unreal tournament.gif
2MB, 163x120px
>post-rupture
>escaped Winnipeg and fled for Teulon
>only one in my family with a gun (nugget), gave my bow to my brother
>met up with an old friend I was still in contact with
>living in the ashlands is tough, but it's still living and it's a hell of a lot better than the chaos in the city

staying in my city would probably be a bad plan, Indian posse would take over the north, air force would take over PMQ's, maybe even Tuxedo and Charleswood.
in general, gang warfare would be a huge problem that the Winnipeg base would have an extremely hard time dealing with.
>>
>>30988843
Duly noted. I should probably leave the aquatic lorebuilding to others and focus primarily on the IPF and their exploits.

I'm definitely thinking the IPF should have a dedicated Ranger corps though. I'd imagine them patterning themselves after a mix of cowboys and the US army during the Spanish-American War. Lots of beige, revolvers, and lever-action .45-70s.
>>
>>30971063
Couple of questions, about how many days after the eruption does the hurricane happen? Also is a bit of writefagging from a Miami residents point of view welcome? Finally, what do you all think of there being sort of raider groups in the foreverglades, with some RGC sanctioned militias patrolling the area with their own gear and weapons?
>>
>>30988908
>beige, revolvers, lever action .45-70s
>MUH DICK
Though what do you mean by Ranger corps? Expeditions into the ashlands?
>>30988961
Probably around 6 months to a year.

All writefaggotry is welcome, I think that sounds cool as fuck.

That too, sounds awesome, write it up, my man.
>>
>>30976818
Welcome to the coalition Wisconsinbro
>>
>>30989086
Name fell off because I'm dumb
>>
>>30988961
>>30989086
I'll get started on that tomorrow then. If anybody has an ideas, feedback, or limitations I'm new to ashlands, and all that would be welcome.
>>
>>30989086
Everything from expeditions, to SWAT duties, to hunting down especially dangerous fugitives. I'm actually working on their insignia and related stuff right now.
>>
>>30989148
That's a big order, just peruse the archives and hell, just write whatever man, its all in good fun. Doesn't have to be super serious, 100% accurate.
>>30989155
Awesome, looking forward to seeing it.
>>
File: 1470208583386.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1470208583386.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>30989148
Just make sure to make that shit as wild and as metal as you can, that seems to be the prevailing theme here.
>>
File: IPF Rangers.png (168KB, 3408x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IPF Rangers.png
168KB, 3408x1536px
>>30989269
Welp. Here it be. I was sort of going for a state police/sheriff vibe for their insignia.
>>
File: patch.png (113KB, 1000x1202px) Image search: [Google]
patch.png
113KB, 1000x1202px
Now with updated patch
>>
File: IMG_20150418_222522.jpg (182KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150418_222522.jpg
182KB, 682x682px
>>30989516
>colorado

Shitty NCR pls go
>>
>>30989557
ree let us """""""worldbuild """""""
>>
i live in cody, im fucking dead
>>
>>30989684
you can always become a rapefugee
>>
Reminder that if you're using a dog sled team for traveling in the Ashland to not camp out in the middle of nowhere, ashlings will attack the tied up dogs and kill them, and you as well.
>>
File: MCU.jpg (24KB, 600x600px)
MCU.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
friendly reminder to bring a good gas mask and replacement filters if visiting the ashlands,
something like a MCU-2A/P, that's what our scouts use.
>>
>>30990023
Might as well keep the string of reminders for rookie ash-goers going. If you're trading with us far northern boys please choose the time of year at your own risk. There's good money to be made but the men patroling the Alaskan Highway always find a fair amount of traders who froze to death during the early winter during the "spring" thaw.
>>
File: Deep zone.jpg (50KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Deep zone.jpg
50KB, 800x531px
>>30990067
The wheather might be the least of our problems, since we're located a few miles from the deep zone, we'd have to go through utah and nevada, to avoid going into the deep zone.

picture is allegedly a photo of the deep zone
>>
File: images (14).jpg (20KB, 455x323px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
20KB, 455x323px
The biggest tip for survival:
GET SHELTER BEFORE DARK!!!

Most deaths in the ashlands occur from ashling and wildlife attacks

Pic is a photo of an ashling that our scouts sent us
>>
>>30988961
>3 years after The Eruption.
>2 years after The Storm.
>As we set out for the first time, I thought back on how different this world had become. The unthinkable had become reality, and now here I was about to go on a patrol for a nation that hadn't existed for more than 2 years.
>I looked back at the crowd that had gathered to watch the first action of the newly formed Republic of the Gulf Coast Civil Reconnaissance Patrol.
>As we passed them we were given courage, we knew our cause was right.
>We were formed by the fledgling nation to deal with a new problem, people who were left in the wall of mangroves and water that is now known as the Foreverglades.
>These people who once survived off alligator, and whatever other aquatic could be trapped, were now going hungry, as the ash in the water killed the population of aquatic life.
>They chose not to join the new republic but to raid and burn the small towns in the south.
>So the military prepared us, basic combat training, ammo for whatever rifles we carried, some modified boats, with near silent engines, and one black hawk helicopter and crew. As well as an HQ unit, and radios.
>At the beginning there were 20 of us, 5 four man teams with an attached boat pilot. As the boats engine growled to life I sat and thought.
We were the first to go out, the first to prove a concept, the first to venture into the depths Foreverglades.
>>
>>30992039
If there is any interest I'll do more, but I know my writing isn't too good so I'll leave that up to you all.
>>
>>30990900
What are they?
>>
>>30992068
Very much interested, please continue
>>30992311
Ashlings are strange creatures that lurk the wastes, most horribly deformed like the above pic. They are afflicted by the Ash Blight, and no one truly knows what they used to be, only what they are now. They're aggressive, territorial, monstrous strong, and are best be avoided at all costs.

Some say a group of scientists and doctors at the old Duke Medical center will pay a mighty fine sum for a specimen though...
>>
File: schn27.jpg (59KB, 792x582px)
schn27.jpg
59KB, 792x582px
>Trade
>Many who sit down with Alaskans will hear them go on and on about trade or the Alaskan Highway
>that is because for us it is the lifeblood of our nation, and for many a way of life
>Many talk about how Fairbanks is the main hub of trade coming in and out of Alaska.
> Two freinds who traded in the Far north with the TEF, or the many factions along California found most of their buisness were with people on the coast.
>They took the money they made and moved down to Anchorage and bought a peice of land along the harbor and declared they would build a shipyard
>most thought they were insane and that they would never complete the ship because most ways they knew of were too expensive
>for months, teams of dogs, men, and sometimes trucks hauling lumber would travel through Anchorage to the shipyard
>For months the shipyard worked constantly, steam from the steamboxes rising into the sky, the caulkers going about the ship waterproofing every square inch of it, and the sounds of hammers, machines, and men at work.
>In may it was completed, the whole city went to see it off on its maden voyage
> They were met by an absolutly massive five masted schooner, beautifully sittingn just waiting to be put in the water
> While trading on the Highway the two freinds read about Percy & Smalls massive Schooners and saw that it could be profitable in this new world we live in.
>before it was launched the ceremonial bottle of champagne broke as the ship was named aloud
> This beautiful sailing ship would be called "Aurora"
>Shortly after it slid into the water and was tested to see if it would float and sail, a constant stream of goods traveled to it day and night
>It wasn't until mid-June when it truly cast off for its maiden voyage
>she was carrying nearly 3,000 tons of metals, coal, and food stuff which would be delivered to San Francisco
>As she sailed off under the bright summer sun, everyone knew a new age of trade in the north had just begun
>>
>>30992039
>For the first few days, patrols were uneventful, tuning off the engine and letting the slow current take us down the main waterway, the silence only broken by passing birds or a branch falling into the water.

Day 6 of patrols
>We see a small column of smoke near the furthest reach of our sector, we quietly ride in the excitement was palpable.
>Leaving the boat and pilot, we move through the dense mangroves, halting just outside a clearing. Creeping in the treeline we see the fire, two small huts, and hear laughter, a group of armed men wearing ragged clothes and crocodile hide. The same group that raided two villages days before.
>"HQ this is Marauder 1, requesting helicopter support" a message in the affirmative crackles through the radio seconds later. After a few minutes we hear the faint blades of the helicopter, blasting the same message as always "THE UNITED STATES HAVE FALLEN THE GULF COAST REPUBLIC HAS FORMED IN ITS PLACE WE ARE HERE TO HELP"
>The helicopters loud message blocked out any chance the raiders had of hearing us, as we took up position in the treeline. Each instinctively finding cover and placing our sights on the nearest target. The message continued "YOU WILL NOT BE STRIPPED OF YOUR ARMS YOU WILL NOT BE STRIPPED OF YOUR HOMES YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN" as the last word ended, that was our mark, we began firing, surprising the raiders around their fire, and before arms could be reached half were dead. We advanced into the clearing firing as we went, dispatching the remaining raiders.
>We prepared to enter the first hut, reloading as we stacked on the door. I kicked the door down, the point entered left, I entered right checking every corner and small space. Inside was nothing more than a table and some primitively carved chairs. "clear" I yelled as I turned around to exit.
>BANG BANG BANG, gunfire in the next hut we ran over, the door was thrown open and I entered, The man with the pistol began to turn towards me.
>>
File: NCR.jpg (98KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
NCR.jpg
98KB, 640x960px
So, what's the actual lore reason for the Federal government coming apart? Or are we operating on rule of cool assumption.

I mean, I guess we could throw some resource war tensions/economic crisis in the background for some extra SHTF.
>>
>>30992944
>I shot him twice in the abdomen and he fell, twisted on the ground.
>I looked up to find a horrific sight.
>Three women, two obviously pregnant, gagged, tied to poles, and each shot once in the head. A rotting dog carcass lay in between them, split open at the ribs, the flesh and meat torn or bitten out. The smell hit me next, and I stumbled out of the hut. I heard someone mutter "oh fuck" and another vomited.
>We went to the boat that day with a new sense of righteousness that horrible place burning behind us.
>>
File: 1471237957154.png (14KB, 770x472px) Image search: [Google]
1471237957154.png
14KB, 770x472px
I feel like the "Northeastern Coalition" could use a better name.

Something Revolutionary perhaps? The Commonwealth?
>>
>>30992944
>>30992996
I know the ideas good but I hate my own writing. So before/if I continue, feedback, should I keep going, what do you think so far?
>>
>>30993045
At least they're better than mine
>>
>>30994491
I have to disagree, yours are shorter, but they're well written, and interesting.
>>
>>30994491
You're writing is pretty good man. Keep it up, it makes things more interesting. Doesn't matter if it's very serious and dark or slightly silly/insane (like some of the recent stuff I wrote), it gives the ashland world more depth and material to work with for future writefags. So keep it up bro
>>
>>30989361
Cool stuff anon
>>
File: NewEnglandFlag.png (6KB, 720x432px) Image search: [Google]
NewEnglandFlag.png
6KB, 720x432px
>>30993038
Agree with this. Commonwealth, The Colonies, etc.?

Also there's some cool flags here, modern flag section underneath too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_New_England#Historical_flags
>>
Took a stab at writing some Ashlands Skinwalker stuff. Pardon any inaccuracies.

[Except taken from a journal located in Ogden, UT. Year of the events is unknown, however records indicate that the author, a -REDACTED- was taken prisoner by the Appalachian Defense Force in Erie, PA, in 7PA. (Post Ashfall)]

>Day 12. Deep in the Ashlands now. Never seen anything like it before. Land's all twisted and tore up. Hundreds of miles from Yellowstone and still looks like a giant's jammed a spade into the earth and auger'd it up. Gray, too. Not an ounce of color. At least there's still some green back home. Sky's gray as slate, never stops shitting grit ash. Ground's same color as the sky, can't hardly tell where one stops and the other begins. Easy to see how a man can go nuts out here. Men are gray too, ash in our hair, ash in our clothes, ash sticking to our sweat like plaster. Ash as deep as our knees, as our shoulders. Ash in our eyes, our mouths, our lungs. Ash in our food, ash in our water. Us gray ghosts in gray fog.
>>
>>30995709
>Day 15. TEF labor party. POWs they call us, though I weren't never part of their war. Passed from ADF to SCC to RGC to TEF like a hunk of meat between mongrels. Prison trades, labor for goods. Carter was all uppity bout it. 'Old Fart' Carter, old enough to bitch 'bout the Geneva Convention. ADF bellyshot him outside of Pittsburgh, let him bleed out as an example. Seismo's tore up the rail line just west of Salt Lake City. Got us out layin' the new tie and track, get the trains running to Carson City again. Guards are nervous. One says this don't look like any seismo damage he's ever seen before. Looks deliberate, he says. Did two tours in the occupied zones and knows what sabotage looks like, he says. Rest of the guards don't like that bit of info none at all.

>Day 16. Four klicks of track down. Ash getting heavier. Keep getting chills like something walking on my grave. Keep seeing shadows moving in the ashfall, but they're always gone when I look back. Don't think I'm hallucinating them, hope to Hell I am.
>>
>>30995724
>Day 18. Laid three more klicks of tie and track today. Always hungry, always thirsty, always tired. Never gonna get this grit taste out of my mouth. Gray inside now, too. Snot's all gray, teeth are gray. Starting to think guard might be right. Rail's all bent up and twisted, ties are cracked, but rail bed is still solid. No sign of seismo damage. Someone pulled these rails on purpose. Don't like that none either. Everyone's on edge.

>Day 19. Mormon's gone. Made off with. 15 paces behind him and I didn't see shit, ash storm was so thick. No tracks, no nothing. Guards are shittin' bricks now. No idea if he ran off in the storm. No idea if he keeled over and I walked right by him. They got us on half-rats tonight as punishment. I think the guards know that he didn't escape, but they don't want us to know that. Heard one of them mention Arkansas before the others shut him up.
>>
>>30995738
>Day 20. We shouldn't be here why the fuck are we here. Keep hearing things in the distance. Sifting ash with no wind. Shrieks that sound like coyotes. But WHAT IS LIVING OUT HERE? Even guards getting freaked out. Arkansas is fighting with CO to turn back. Says they're out there, gonna kill us all. Says the rail line's not worth it. CO beats him down, puts him on half-rats.

>Day 22. Found Mormon. Didn't keel over miles back. Rails are twisted into the sky like beckoning arms, all bent and corkscrewed. NOTHING HUMAN DID THIS. Mormon's been strung all over them like fucking dried jerky on a line, guts and muscles all gray and caked with ash. So hungry for meat I start drooling. Guards argued for about thirty minutes then had us cut him down and start fixing track anyway. I tore off a piece and ate it when no one is looking. Almost cried from how good it tasted...

>Day ??? Guards are gone. Others all gone. Heard a voice calling. Sounded like Mormon but not quite right. Arkansas just lost his shit. Started screaming, shooting at nothing. I SAW IT GET HIM. Came out of the ash like it was BORN from it. Saw the bullets hit home, walked right through them. Tore Arkansas clean to shreds with its claws. Limbs everywhere. Blood so red against the ash it hurt to look at. Hadn't seen color in weeks, forgot what it looked like. Too tall to be human, skin pulled taut over bones, limbs stretched too long. Face like a skinned deer, mouth full of fangs, knotty antlers. Eyes white as an exposed bone. Gray flesh. Gray as ash. Gray as mine. Heard the others screaming. Heard shrieks that weren't man. JUST RAN. Lots of gunfire behind me, stopped real fast.
>>
>>30995764
>[Author stops separating entries by date at this point. Unknown what length of time these events take place over.] Still out there. Can smell them, now. Hunting? Watching? They talk to me after the sun goes down. Mormon's voice. Arkansas voice. carter's voice MY VOICE THEY HAVE MY VOICE. Following for days but WHY WON'T THEY COME FOR ME??! [Illegible.] So hungry. eat meat they leave me but never full. Can see ribs now tight against skin. Sick but can't puke. Know meat must be from guards from prisoners but so hungry can't help my self. [Illegible.] feel so warm inside now. fingers are bleeding now blood so bright so red so bright so red so bright so

[Handwriting continues to degrade from this point until it is completely unintelligible. Pages are increasingly soaked in what appears to be blood, though forensic analysis concludes that it is not human in nature. Interesting to note that given the location the journal was discovered in, the author was heading north TOWARDS the Dead Zone when the journal was discarded.]
>>
>>30995791
Holy fuck
>>
File: CHEEKI BREEKI.jpg (388KB, 1129x798px) Image search: [Google]
CHEEKI BREEKI.jpg
388KB, 1129x798px
>>30995791
das sp00py man
>>
>>30993038
It was honestly the first name that came to mind.

Would Northern Commonwealth work better?
>>
File: justright.png (196KB, 680x550px) Image search: [Google]
justright.png
196KB, 680x550px
>>30971064

this is superb
>>
File: 1470547485202.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470547485202.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>30995791
Jesus wept RNY, knock it the fuck off. Good thing I have work tonight, don't need to sleep anymore anyway.

Seriously though 100/10 that was fucking outstanding.
>>30996406
Maybe something with Federation since they believe theyre the natural successors to the Fed?
>>30993045
I like them a lot anon, for what it's worth
>>
>>30996946
All positive feedback means a lot. I'm working another bit, I've been busy, I'll try to get it up soon.
>>
File: NC M1 SMG.png (6KB, 629x251px) Image search: [Google]
NC M1 SMG.png
6KB, 629x251px
>>30996946
I'll wait for the rest of the thread to add input.

On another note, I would like to present the first draft of the NEC/NC's M1 Submachinegun, the first mass produced automatic weapon to come out of the post-Rupture Northeast.

(I'll shade and fix the colors on the damned thing later, MS Paint is being a shit)
>>
>>30997560
I prefer Coalition of Federation, myself. Commonwealth just makes it feel too intentionally Fallout-y.
>>
>>30997601
Northeastern Federation doesn't sound half bad.
>>
>>30997615
Actually right now my biggest source of contention is that there's two TEFs right now. Texas and Tennessee.
>>
>>30997752
Tennessee is the TNEF.

Know the difference, it might just save your life.
>>
>>30992996
6 months, 13 camps, and 127 raiders dead later.
>We grew to 80 members, 20 teams. The new government, still weak but now in control has approved a mission for 5 teams to spend 3 days scouting and scavenging in the Miami-Dade and Broward are. The hope was that the missions to the former most populous zone in the area would legitimize the fledgling government, give people hope, and hopefully find something useful or somewhere that could be made livable. It had a fourth, everlasting effect. The CRP began to shift from a civilian militia operating closely with the government to a paramilitary special forces group. While its primary mission was to stay the same, due to astounding success and lack of combat veterans in the regular armed forces, plus having experience in what was in essence being a Long-Range Reconnaissance Patrol, as well as helicopter borne operations, its mission was expanding.
>The main takeaways from the Miami Expedition only sought to continue this trend. The unit gained experience with urban combat as lone survivors in high rise apartments and condos took potshots at anything walking near their street, and gangs in boats blasted through now flooded streets. In addition two pieces of gear that soon became central to the unit were brought back. First M79's destined to be used as teargas launchers in the police force were discovered and soon each team in the CRP carried one. Second a vehicle that soon became synonymous with the CRP, modified DUKW amphibious vehicles. These were soon painted olive green and modified with armor, better engines, as well as a Mark 19 GMG and M2 HMG.
>>
>>30997769
Ahh, okay. Thanks.

>The more you know.
>>
File: Duck.jpg (205KB, 736x378px) Image search: [Google]
Duck.jpg
205KB, 736x378px
>>30997799
Wrote this with pic related in mind, only to find out those are military surplus themselves, so that went full circle. And I know this is DC but I see them all the time in Miami, so trust me, it could happen.
>>30996946
>>30997615
>>30997601
I like Federation too, for Stonewall's reason but >>30997752
has a point, even if they're not the same, it may get confusing for new people.
>>
>>30995917
>>30995947
>>30996946
Thanks a bunch, by the way! Really appreciate it.
>>
>>30997615
NF Northeastern Federation. I like! +1
>>
>>30997752
The TEF is the Army of the Lone Fort State, not the faction name
Tennessee is still just Tennessee, the TNEF are volunteers for the TEF provided by the TN government. Yes, for Texas.
>>30997615
Could be the Federation of the Old Republic, Federation of Northern States, New Federation of America, etc. There's a lot of possibilities, when you take into account the personality of the government. Everyone would just call it the Federation anyway. Remember, we use abbreviations to make typing easier, people don't talk that way.
>Dirty Federalist scum!
>>
File: glc-blue-block.png (15KB, 599x366px) Image search: [Google]
glc-blue-block.png
15KB, 599x366px
>>30977906
mine is still better
>>
>>30997799
>>30997875
Found something that could be used for reference, but with a M2 instead of the MK19, the M2 would be at the back of the craft. Lastly the gun platform wouldn't be raised, it would be so the gunners not exposed.

Forgive my spamming the thread, just pretty exited about all the cool shit everyone is posting, and want to add something myself.
>>
File: CRP DUKW base.jpg (122KB, 624x460px) Image search: [Google]
CRP DUKW base.jpg
122KB, 624x460px
>>30998211
Forgot the pic like a retard.
>>
>>30997799
>>30997875
>highly trained SOF units patrolling cities, swamps, and countryside in heavily armoured amphibious vehicles that are seeing their original use again, armed with Bloopers
>It ain't me starts playing
I love it. Somebody do an Apocalypse Now rip off ASAP.
>>30998211
Spam away man, keep the ideas flowing and the thread alive. I like the cut of your jib.
>>30998134
Now now, no need to get testy. This is all in good fun. Besides, who's to say both flags don't see usage? Perhaps your flag, a more traditional, heritage symbolic flag could be original, the new one could have been designed 50-70 years later, to people who weren't born in the old US. They wouldn't have such a strong connection to symbols of the past, and be more drawn to symbols of their present (I.e., ash)
Just food for thought
>>
>>30998289
>glc flag guy
I know, I'm just fuckin around
>>
>>30998438
Fuck away, friend, I'm just trying to ensure every voice is heard and confrontations don't get too shitposty. Call me Balm Ex, I'm here to soothe blistered booties.
>>
>>30998289
In my second post, I thought about having the heli play It Ain't Me or Run Through the Jungle but thought it was to cliche.
>>30971063
Mentions some hostility between Louisiana and Texas before the storm hits. They still dislike each other?
I'm seeing potential for a war in the making, thoughts?
>>
>>30998513
topkek, you can soothe my bootie any day.
>>
File: 1470621670823.png (278KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1470621670823.png
278KB, 500x356px
>>30998570
I'd go with 80's speed metal myself
>ywn slot swamp redneck rapists from the back of a Duck while a UH 60 flies overhead providing fire support and blasting "Hit the Lights," over its loud speakers
Feels bad man

And I haven't read anything about LA other than their being some consideration as to where it ends up. I imagine it got thrashed by the Storm, and Louisiana's don't care for most folk outside of Louisiana, especially old Cajuns in my experience. Could be interesting to have a border war with Texas.
>>
>>30999015
Nah my other thought was 7 Nation Army by The White Stripes, but the standard helo message adds atmosphere IMO.

As far as LA all I've seen what in the Republic of Gulf Coast post. I'll think about fleshing it out a little, if anybody wants to spitball a few ideas, especially about why Texas would want parts of Louisiana, they're more than welcome to. I'll probably get back on that tomorrow.
>>
Thinking about painting some models for this. Can any fa/tg/uys recommend some models? I'm guessing some model in modern tactical gear with bolt actions?
>>
File: 1469493262307.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1469493262307.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>30999170
>7 nation Army
>mfw
In all seriousness though, I know fuck all about LA, so I dont have any real advice there. Maybe oil? Hogs? Maybe they want to snatch it up before the GCR does? Maybe they just want to? Maybe it starts as a land dispute and spirals out of control?
>>30999948
That is a highly interesting question. Let us know if you find anything, and of course come show off the finished product. That sounds pretty sweet.
>>
>Ashlings

So my terminology did stick. Neat.
>>
>>30999170
>>31000113
May I suggest Pain (Gimme Sypmathy) instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zimV0QHKp2c from the rare early album Jack White made with his friend while they were upholsterers.

>tfw they recorded a second secret album and hid vinyls in chairs they worked on, 2 were reportedly found
>>
>>31000000
>>
>>30988723
>Personal log of [REDACTED] call sign "Ashdiver," A team, 42nd SRG, "Canvasbacks," Military of the Confederacy.
>Date MAY 16 3 PA
>OPERATION Cyclone
>We've had a few months after the shitshow at FOB Phoenix (See Operations report: RED CLOVER)where we lost [REDACTED] (Skydevil) and [REDACTED] (Whiporwill) was wounded. The doctors say he'll never walk again. (Probably get away with using their real names now, seeing as how they're no longer part of the unit. We'll see though, the Bureau of Information Control gets awful jittery when it comes to us "deniable assets")
>So it's just me and Grey Fox, the team lead, for this one. Badger and Tarheel are back home putting hopefuls through their paces.
>Which is great, actually, because Badger is terrified of water, and we're sitting at about 250m below the surface in a Typhoon class Russian sub.
Cont.
>>31000470
Apparently. It does sound pretty cool.
>>31000543
Saw it earlier, still an impressive get
>>
>>31000591
>I was stunned when they gave us the initial brief. A Russian nuclear submarine operating on the East coast as mercenaries was too much to believe. I didn't, at first, until they introduced us to the Captain.
>He was tall, and dresses simply. Long wool coat, black boots, his hair was steel grey and cropped short. His beard still had some black in it, but had mostly gone to white. He walked with a commanding gait, but it was easy to spot that he was more used to a rolling deck beneath his feet.
>"Gentlemen," he said with a faint Eastern bloc accent, "I've been informed that youre in need of some transportation."
>We spoke for awhile, trading pleasantries and taking measure of each other, and parted ways not long after. His English was impeccable, his intellect fierce. I began to wonder how this man came to where he was today.
>Our mission is to travel clandestinely by submarine to the NEC, where we will imbed with Coalition forces and train an infiltrator unit. The reason for all the cloak and dagger? The NEC is on the brink of war with one of our major trade partners, the ADF. It wouldn't do for them to discover that we are training an elite unit for their soon to be enemies.
>Why are we training an elite infiltrator unit for the soon to be enemies of our trade partner? Who knows, I'm sure some analyst will use this for his book in 50 years, ask him.
>To me, all that mattered was that I had a boat to catch.
Cont.
>>
>>30997875
>>30998078
Well, that two more votes for Northeastern Federation.

>>30998111
I think Northeastern Federation works well enough, imo, while avoiding the Three Letter Acronym names that most of the post-Rupture US factions use. New England Federation is also an option, although New England probably works better as an unofficial name.

Plus now the NF's people can be referred to as Federals, Feddies or Federalists, or something to that affect. The Northeastern Coalition didn't lend itself to abbreviation very easily.

So, from here on out, the NEC is now the Northeastern Federation, or NF, unless anyone has a better name,
>>
>>31001047
Hey while you're here, what program do you use for your weapon mock ups?
>>
File: Denver.jpg (85KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
Denver.jpg
85KB, 575x431px
>Downtown Denver was a mess, the salvagers and survivors choose to live inside the abandoned buildings like if they were fancy hotels, usually they'd build bridges going roof to roof to avoid going down the streets and getting attacked by ashlings, living in those buildings had it's disadvantages though, those buildings are in bad shape, they could potentially collapse.
>after walking for miles and looting every store that still had supplies they finally found it... the colorado convention center
>there was a big hole in the side of the building, there was so many ash, at least twelve inches, looks like no one had been outside for long, once we went inside there were at least fifty survivors in there, they used the entire center as a mini-city, they had working generators and water filtrarion, their defenses were really low, they had lost more than thirty men and women due to what they call "Skinwalkers", no one in our scout unit knew about these, there was no official research done before the rupture so it was probably just a myth...
>after we convinced them to join the NCR we traveled east to reach our final destination.... Denver Inernational Airport
>>
>>31001174
Nothing fancy, just MS Paint and eyeballing a few sten guns.

I'll probably clean it up in the morning. Anything you guys would want to see next?
>>
>>31001294
Looks like I forgot something.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, is Coloradobro still around?
>>
>>31001300
Me? or the Colorado springs guy?
>>
Im just starting to read the psatebin now.

Is there anything going on in Canada? Are they being reds? What about a right-wing extremist insurgency?
>>
>>31001332
>right-wing extremist insurgency
i like this
>>
File: tumblr_o23y3b1BUv1uh7yodo1_1280.png (8KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o23y3b1BUv1uh7yodo1_1280.png
8KB, 1024x683px
>>31001352
I have a flag.

I was thinking they were part of a radical racialist network before the eruption and had been preparing. When things went tits up they began to move their families to safe locations and then began to move in and attack the state.

Think that could work?
>>
>>31001384
so pretty much canadian /pol/ went full on remove burger???

that sounds... interesting
>>
>>31001305
Colorado Springs Guy

>>31001332
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm fairly sure there is/was a standing agreement to keep the Ashlands US-only.
>>
>>31001411
What if they moved south to occupy somewhere like montana or pensilvanya?
>>
>>31001401
Probably more remove non-white. There are lots of them up here. Also, if Canada went red then the Chinese were probably involved?

Also any of the state in the new world would be interested in supporting them?
>>
>>31001384
Cool flag
>>
>>31001433
the chinese would probably be roof koreans 2.0

since Europistan would be full of cucks, probably not, Russia would be busy conquering europoor countries, asia would grow economicaly and australia would continue to shitpost on /pol/
>>
File: What the fuck.png (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck.png
432KB, 1920x1080px
what the fuck am i doing
>>
File: rayman.png (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rayman.png
454KB, 1920x1080px
it's fucking rayman
>>
File: gopnik.png (772KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gopnik.png
772KB, 1000x1500px
Gopnik rayman
>>
File: gopnik.png (745KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gopnik.png
745KB, 1000x1500px
watch the fuck out, this is the average NCR infantry
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 220x229px
>>31001520
>>
>>30976360
>>30977906
Honestly I don't see how the sun can be a symbol of the gulf considering only Florida has the privilege of seeing the sun set on the gulf.

If you want to be realistic use the Bonnie Blue flag possibly mixed with the Red Saltire of Florida and Alabama
>>
File: 1456527329896.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456527329896.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>31001384
what do you think would happen to the gangs in cities like Winnipeg and Regina?
I would quite like to see a situation where these large aboriginal gangs become viable powers in their respected territories (ie Manitoba Warriors, Indian Posse,Native Syndicate, etc) and essentially fight against other local governments.
One scenario could have the Indian Posse in Winnipeg be pitted against the air force base there.
Something similar could even happen in Moose Jaw with the Saskatchewan Warriors and the Moose Jaw AFB

idk just throwing the idea out there
>>
>>31001710
They would probably start riots in the cities as food became more scarce. I lived in Winnipeg and now I live in Saskatoon. The only reason they are gang bangers is because the school system taught them basic math. Take that away and they are boned because most of them dont hunt or know any bush craft. But they will stab you for your shoes so I can imagine they would do the same for food and water. They would go tribal and attack anything around them, max max like.

The Fascists would probably kill them on sight.
>>
Alright gents, after some fuck assery at work, I have returned, sorry about that. Will finish
>>31000894
ASAP
>>31001300
I haven't seen VC in a while
>>31001305
Don't worry, you're Colorado Bro too. It's just the other Colorado guy has a name I can never remember, that's why I've taken to calling him that. Seems it stuck.
>>31001332
Oh fuck
>>31001352
Aw snap
>>31001384
Aw shit son
>>31001411
We actually figured out how to include geopolitics so that the question "Why doesn't Russia just invade??" could be answered better than "Cause, shut the fuck up,". Ring of Fire erupting, wars, nukes, fun stuff. So I think Canada is okay.
>>31001420
>skin head fascists running rampant in the country's least populated state
Sounds like a good time
>>31001512
>>31001520
>>31001542
>>31001574
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?
>>31001623
That flag has nothing to do with Florida, it's the Great Lakes states.
>>31001710
>>31001763
I support this, somebody get to writing.
>>
>>30997799
>One thing about the CRP is that somehow, eventually you got a nickname. For example our automatic rifleman, he insisted on carrying an M240, we dubbed him Kelly after "Machine Gun' Kelly. Nixon carried an M16 and the M79, and Doc, well he was studying to nurse before The Storm, so he was half rifleman half medic.
>The thing is ultimately, as long as the mission was being done as well as it could be we really didn't care about being "professional" any more. When this whole thing started we were all clean shaven, military regulation and all that. Now as I looked around at the men of the CRP we were all ragged looking, most of us had beards but in all our eyes, you could see that we'd fought a war. And as the duck revved yet another patrol, we knew there was no one else we'd rather be fighting with.
>>
>>31002806
Wrote this one last night, filled in the details just now. I'm not sure it fits the quality I'm trying to reach and it's a little retarded, but fuck it it's posted. If nothing else take from it that they use nicknames, and those are the names of the guys on team 1.
>>
>>31002806
>A helicopter had spotted a large camp, so two teams were being deployed along with both of their ducks and crew. As we rolled in the helicopter radioed that this was a war camp; tents and a fire, no huts which meant no women, children or hostages. My team crept out of the duck as soon as it hit solid shore to get a view of the camp before we began the attack. It was well populated, but all the men were in a tight circle, we couldn't see what was inside. For us this was a godsend, we radioed in "Ducks one and two roll in, we've got a tight group so hit them with the MK19". A few seconds later the ducks roared in. We fired into the group, and instantly all sound was drowned out by the two MK19s and M79s lobbing grenades towards the enemy. They quickly scattered to cover and returned fire. Bullets zipped by, occasionally pinging of the duck's steel armor. Suddenly I heard a thump and a rocket flew by my head. "What the fuck was that" I heard one of the duck crew yell. Kelly yelled "since when the fuck have they had rockets" "keep firing" I yelled in response. A few minutes later all return fire had petered out.
>>
>>31002928
>We walked into the clearing around and found two corpses, dressed differently then any other raiders we had seen, they were well dressed, and it was obvious this was not the ragged clothes of the swamp. In ones grip was a LAW antitank rocket. Searching the tents we found crates upon crates of ammo, as well as two more crates of LAWs all labeled "TEF Property of the Texas Expeditionary Force".
>>
>>31002982
So now we have a reason for a war, Texas backing rebels while slowly expanding patrols to cover more and more territory the GCR thinks is theirs. Or if no one likes this idea, they can be arms dealers that stole them. You discuss that, and I'll work on writing both choices. Alternately I can spare you from more of this awful writing. I'll let you decide /k/
>>
Personal Log
7th Highlander Regulars

> The Good thing about Garrison life is that as long as the town is here, we don't get rotated to the Grey unless some massive shit goes down.
>People who come up ask why we even took control of the city, or the whole island to be exact
> Victoria, like most of the pacific northwest was covered in ash but instead of loosing their heads the locals worked together
>When the recon team landed on Vancouver Island and made their way down they were stunned at what they saw
>The city was for the most part clean, and I mean completely free of ash
>The citizens instead of going mad and destroying everything, declared war on the ash and removed it from their city
>It's an ongoing battle even as we seek because more ash blows in from the endless miles of ash the eruption created
> Victoria was annexed into the Alaskan Republic six months after we found it
> It's become one of the favorite places for soldier back from the Grey to have some R&R
> Garrison in a vacation town isn't too bad, just dealing with drunken Rangers who try to start shit
> I feel bad for those who come in for a few weeks to relax then have to go back out there
> Many of them come and leave looking like zombies, staring off with massive bags under their eyes
> I don't know what they do out there, but I sure as hell don't want to go
>>
>>31003078
>even as we speak*
Doing this on mobile, fuckin phone.
>>
>>31003078
More?
>>
>>31001623
For future reference this >>30971001
is Florida's new flag anon
>>
File: schooner.jpg (35KB, 564x450px) Image search: [Google]
schooner.jpg
35KB, 564x450px
>>31003469
Personal Log
7th Highlander Regulars
Victoria Garrison

> We got news to head down to the Harbor today for crowd control, a ship is suppost to be pulling in or something like that
> We load up, and head down to the harbor to make sure no one goes nuts or falls in the water, basic croud control stuff
>When we get there is seems half the city is standing there, trying to get a view of something
> The crowd buzzes with excited murmuring and people trying to get a look of something
>Suddenly a little kid on what I assume was his fathers shoulders shouts "I see it! I see it!" while pointing out to see
> Whole crowd turns to where the kid is pointing, and goes nuts
> We finally get a glimpse of what they're pointing at
> A beautiful five masted ship, slowly making its way into harbor
> After about twenty minutes of keeping the crowd off the pier the ship slid next to to dock, the sailors come off board
> They're all raggad, unshaven, and looking like they want to cause some trouble in town
>Things are going to get very busy for the Garrison here as long as that ship is here

End Log
>>
Question, how long is this set after the eruption?
>>
>>31007529
There's no real set timeline, but most of these governments and nation states began forming soon after the Fed fell, which was around a year after Ashfall/Post Rupture. And yes, the Ash is more or less magical, inside the Zone it covers the sky for, well, pretty much indefinitely I guess.

Maybe Yellowstone is still belching out Ash for years and years post eruption?
>>
>>31000894
>Our RV with the Sub was in tge ruined port town of Charleston, in what was once lower South Carolina.
>Ever since the Storm battered the East coast, Charleston has been like a watery graveyard. Only the deranged, the desperate, and the criminal seek refuge in her water logged bosom. The military has long since given up trying to retake or pacify it, they simply maintain a cordon and shoot anything that comes out.
>We arrived at the outer cordon at dusk on the 14th and hunkered down for the night to set off at dawn. It was better to move through the city during the day, apparently. "That way you can at least see to shoot back," the Sergeant on duty had informed us.
>We ate fairly well that night, for an Army outpost anyway, and passed around a bottle of whiskey imported from Tennessee with the men who would be our escort the next day.
>They were solid men, all veterans. Some had even been into the Ash with the TNEF, a few others had been stationed at the Mason Dixon line, beating back the hordes of raiders, gangs and mobs trying to force their way into our borders. Prepped and ready to go were two DUCW amphibious vehicles. We'd followed our friend's, the Gulf Republic, example, using these tourist vehicles for their original purpose: amphibious assault.
>All of this ass and experience should have reassured us. It did not.
>We were infiltrators, we liked it quiet, inconspicuous. Rolling straight through downtown in 5 tons of up armoured steel just wasn't our style. Quietly, we pulled the Sergeant away to inform him of our misgivings
Cont.

I need to work on brevity, I think.
>>
For the NEC name, why not New Columbia?
>>
>>31007776
Nah the posts are good long, you're good at this writing shit.

Also since I've gotten no responses as of yet, I've made this
http://www.strawpoll.me/11009456
I would decide myself, but I don't wanna start an Ashlands war without the peoples support, unless of course that's what the poll says. Anyway, I'll probably leave that up overnight and resume posting the writefaggotry tomorrow.
>>
Hawai'i.
>>
To be honest not all factions should be allied, where's the fun with that?
>>
>>31008251
Yeah, but not allied and full on war are two different things.
>>
>>31007862
Hey that's not bad at all anon. I'll make sure Federalist guy sees it
>>31008110
Thanks man, I like your stuff a lot, it's got a lot of personality and interesting ideas. Also
>BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Just keep in mind to limit the use of your choppers and IFVs, this is post apocalyptica after all.

And if I may, would you mind if I wrote a short piece about the CRP?
>>31008185
I forget what they're up to, but I think it had something to do with them becoming a Maori(?) kingdom again. All savage and shit
>>31008251
No fun, no fun at all.
>>31008343
Total war and a fight over territory are two different things, no one's claimed LA yet, so it's perfect for a set of battles between factions.
>>
>>31008623
Thanks bro.
As far as vehicle use, I don't see this being an all out war more of a bush war or border war, so at most the up-armored ducks, maybe some scouting for the helicopter. I'll go back and dig through the old threads to see what kind of equipment Texas has. For the time being I'm working on the assumption it'll only be foot patrols fighting other foot patrols.
Finally, you are more then welcome to write about the CRP. I didn't leave gaps in time or focus on only one team for no reason. Anyone who wants to can fill in the gaps, or write in completely new shit.
>>
>>30971063
Ideally I'd get something like this but for the TEF or that one anon could set up a wiki, but until then, I'm just digging through the old threads for information.
>>
>>30976313
hey, that's my flag
>>
Ok, Im going to try my hand at writing something.
>>
>>31008899
Sounds good, maybe a few larger engagements further down the line.
>secondbattleofvicksburgintensifies.gif
>>31008937
I'm the one trying to set up a wiki, it's just been a busy past couple of days so I haven't had a chance to really work on it any. Ideally I'll have more like that soon
>>31009007
Excellent, you're Canada anon I'm guessing?
>>
>>31009336
Oh shit hadn't even noticed. Godspeed.

>>31009007
Can't wait to see it.
>>
>>31009336
>>31009373
Yah, but be warned, I have a more traditional writing style.
>>
>>31009427
Great, we diversity is the spice of life. Hell, I'm writing mine like it's a novella, instead of a short story.
>>
>>30970884
>Carolina Confederacy
Im new to "ashlands" and this sounds about right to me.

i havent seen a Carolina Confederacy patch, is there one?
>>
File: CRPpatchWIP.png (161KB, 497x485px) Image search: [Google]
CRPpatchWIP.png
161KB, 497x485px
Okay so I've cobbled together a very rough CRP patch using some website I found and Microsoft Paint. What do you all think should go in the space.
This took like 20 minutes. so if anyone wants to make this look nice or try something completely different that fits better be my guest. I'm not quite sure I like the look of this one myself tbqh.

>>31009427
New stuff in a new style, whats not to like.
>>
>>31007862
Duly noted.

>>31008251
The Northern Federations relations with it's neighbors are lukewarm at best. The NF's deep-seated belief that it's the one true inheritor state doesn't help, either.

>>31001710
Well, my original greentext mentioned roving war bands coming down from Canada, so it figures that it was only a matter of time before that came to roost.

The Minutemen will hold the line.
>>
File: 1471207169486.jpg (28KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
1471207169486.jpg
28KB, 404x267px
>>31009767
There is not. No one has made one and I lack the design ability.
>tfw you can draw people, animals, and IRL objects extremely well, but can't design a tattoo or a patch
It's incredibly frustrating
>>31009834
The design is neat, but I just have to say that ever since the Punisher (2004) came out that saying has become the realm of cringe lords. Just a heads up. As stated above, I can't design for shit.
>>31009862
I was picking up on that vibe, even touched on it here in my writefaggotry
>>31000894
The reason that the CC is clandestinely supporting the Federation is that they don't particularly agree with the ADFs methods.
>internment camps
>forced labor
>occupation zones
>aggressive expansion
But we can't jeopardize that Pennsylvania steel or all that coal WV is popping out.

There might be a story there about how once war finally erupts between the two over contention over Maryland (mainly DC) the Confederates send the SRG to help stage a coup in the ADF government. Ideas, ideas...
>>
I don't know if the path I'm going down with what I write is good or bad. Started out all serious with Alaskan scouts Inna-Ash then it evolved to more trade related stories that could be considered kind of silly or odd. Feedback is appriciated.
>>
>>31009936
Silly and odd is a great contrast to the spoopy, the depressing, the grim dark and the tense. I, for one, really enjoy your stories.
>>
>>31009952
Thanks man. Lighter tales in a dark setting give in a little bit of flare in my eyes. Gotta have a mix of dark and light in everything.
>>
>>31009862
I kinda like the idea of a resistance of sorts in New Hampshire. There's a good amount of Libertarians in the state, and I feel there might be some that are against a perceived "re-invigoration" of manifest destiny.
>>
>>31009767
Also, there is a flag, its the OP picture, don't know if that's what you meant or not.
>>31009988
I agree. A little bizarre instead of insane goes a long way.
>>
>>31010012
That and the whole "Live Free or Die" motto might be something for people to rally behind.
>>
>>31009927
Well shit. guess that's scrapped then. I thought all the Punisher movies were awful?

>>31009936
I like all your stuff, like
>>31009952
says the contrast is good.
>>
>>31010012
I like this idea, rebels up in the white mountains pissed off that federal government is trying to regain control
>>
File: ThisIsVeryGood.jpg (105KB, 666x641px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsVeryGood.jpg
105KB, 666x641px
>>31009927
>tfw i know that feel

Every once in a while I can bust out something logo-wise good, but mostly I find I have to start out with something first
>>
>>31007862
That's perfect anon, and I voted fo NE Federation... having Feds is a good nickname tho
>>
File: 1471324492929.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471324492929.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>31010062
It's not a bad movie honestly, but a shit ton of Chris Kyle wannabes started wearing the redesigned skull and slapping that saying all over everything
>Dumb private in my company buys F250 right after deployment
>Can't find a cool enough sticker to express how awesome he is
>Shows up to the motor pool with "SIKVUS PACEM PARABELLUM" on his back window in those really shitty permanent Walmart letter sticker
>Mfw
They weren't even all the same font man, it was absurd
>>31010115
People ask me all the time to dealing tattoos and shit for them, which is annoying. People dont get that graphic design is a skill in its own right, and just because I can do a portrait doesn't mean I can make a logo for your "MULAN LABIA" tattoo.
>>
>>31007862
What constituted the 'Columbia' part?
>>
>>31010214
*To design
>>
File: MmmSnacks.jpg (59KB, 500x650px)
MmmSnacks.jpg
59KB, 500x650px
>>31010214
lol so Stonewall is military, kinda knew here, didn't know. So Mr. Jameson if the ash actually did habbenings, what would you do?

also
>tfw father is photographer
>tfw grow up on photoshop
>hmmm maybe graphic design is right for me
>yeah, no
>crashing and burnings

You're right man, it really is it's own thing. Photoshop is home tho.
>>
File: x_891ca95c.jpg (62KB, 604x453px)
x_891ca95c.jpg
62KB, 604x453px
>>31009427
The ash came without warning. No one expected it to go as far across the border as it did. When the fall and then winter rushed in it killed the crops in the west. South Ontario's limited harvest was soon snatched up. Not to mention the PM demanded some be set aside for Food Aid to Africa.
But James, or at least that is the name he went buy now. He had been one of the original members of the movement once he was discharged from the army. He contributed to the cause by writing essays and articles and running a training camp twice a year in the woods.

But when the ashy came everything went tits up he followed his contingency plan. He a buddy from his local cell gathered up their families and made runs to the Farm.

The name was deceptive. The farm was also a compound. Heavy walls and rows upon rows of Shipping container houses, different workshops and farm projects. There were farms like this scattered across the country and they all kept in contact with the old shortwave radios.

The first months were not bad, they cultivated seeds in old bathtubs to store for when there was a growing season and salted meat from butchered animals and stored them with a food saver.

But then others came, bringing their families, guns and other supplies.

But it was James who built the training grounds and ran them. He turned men into soldiers.

Due to how far north they were in Saskatchewan, they were left alone. But it would not last forever. The farm in Manitoba had been attacked by a Indian War-party.

They didnt report any casualties but it still meant the time of calm was coming to the end.

After his evening meal it was his tie to take command of the night watch. His rifle slung over his shoulder as walked around the outer perimeter. Checking on his comrades at each dug out position and trench.

But just as he rounded the north east corner his radio crackled to life.

"This is 5th squad! I got somethi- Fuck!"
"This is Watch, Repeat your last, over."
Cont.
>>
>>31010222
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_(name)

Since the NEC sees themselves as the continuation of the United States, I thought it would make sense
>>
>>31010268
WAS military, I've been out for almost 5 years now.
>go to TN as soon as Expeditionary force was established, patrol the Grey for a while
>eventually end up signing on with mercenary company, escorting caravans into the wastes, fighting bandits and Ashlings
>make my way back out West eventually, see what I can see, maybe sign on with the Arizona Rangers for a bit and patrol the Mojave
>sign on as a guard to a trader caravan heading to Alaska, never been and always wanted to go
>learn to dogsled and patrol the trade routes with the Yukon Men
>find me a busty Alaskan lass and settle down in the wilderness, live off hunting and gardening.
All fantasy of course, and all if I was single. In reality I'd find a job to support my wife and doggo, and stay in NC.
>Photoshop
Makes my head split and do dumb shit, also makes me contemplate suicide. I'm a pen and paper kind of guy.
>>31010299
I like it t b h familam. We could still call them Federalists, that's what they'd be essentially.
>>
File: TNEF_WIP.png (89KB, 500x737px)
TNEF_WIP.png
89KB, 500x737px
TNEF patch guy here, do you still need some patches?

>>30971305
Here's the latest version.
>>30971498
Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
>>
>>31010421
You wouldn't consider taking a crack at the Canvasbacks patch would you?
>>30988279
That's just a placeholder, I don't have anything in particular in mind honestly, but can answer any questions you might have
>>
>>31007862
Would Colombian Federation work? Or does that sound too South American?

>>31009927
It's a shame the partnership between the NF and CC may not last because of the NF's aggressive expansionism and the CC's clandestine operations within the Federation.

On the other hand, neither faction wants the ADF to take DC. However, neither faction wants the other to take DC either. There's probably some good material to work with there.

>>31010299
I knew that's what you were getting at.

>>31010012
It was about time the NF got some internal problems, besides low agricultural production and everything being kinda shit.

>>31010409
I can find a way to work Federation in there if the rest of the thread agrees on the name change.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11010517
>>
>>31010502
Sure, what's the faction about?
>>
>>31010550
Sounds waaaayyyy too South American, first thing I thought of.

I like how fleshed out the factions are getting, we need someone in here working in the LFS and the MU as well, they have a lot of potential.
>>31010605
It's a military unit belonging to the Confederacy. Theyre the 42nd Special Reconnaissance Group, and specialize in LRRP via HALO insertion.

Canvasbacks are a duck native to the Carolinas, and alludes to their parachutes as well, which is why we went with it. They're SOF, so they do a lot of sneeki breeki shit too.
>>
>>31010550
Also, the Confederacy's official stance is that it wants nothing to do with DC or greater Maryland. At most they want to glass it due to the constant raider and marauder attacks being staged there.

Y'all can have it.( As long as you still accept tourists)
>>
>>31010421
Could you give a CRP patch a go?
>>31010298
Excellent start, I'm excited to see where it goes.
>>
>>31010421
I could use a patch.

It should probably wait until we settle on a name for New England though.

>>31010639
Fair enough, I just want to keep the Federal/ Federation title in there somehow.

Also, is the NF the only "big" faction without special forces? Does it even make sense for a faction whose military is a militia that's called up as needed to have special forces?

>>31010676
Well, that'll keep the Confederacy in the Federation's good graces for a while, I imagine. Even if DC is a lawless, bandit-infested shithole post-Rupture.
>>
>>30977911
This. We need a timeline
>>
The first days after the ash fell...how can you explain it to those who didn't experience it?

It was only a couple of inches, but that was because the mountains and the winds blocked most of it. Rains and snow helped to compress it pretty quickly. Still, Gunnison and so many other small mountain towns were cut off from the world.

Many smaller settlements abandoned their homes for the bigger towns. This caused...problems. Food problems. It became apparent very quickly that the government was non-responsive, if not non-extant. Food was immediately rationed in every town, but the influx of refugees brought worse conditions, and horrible news. Pretty much everything north of I-70 had been rendered uninhabitable. At least for man. Animals were coping, somewhat. There was hope in that, at least.

Along with the rationing, strict hunting and fishing regulations were enforced, at gunpoint. Looters and thieves were shot on sight, but the situation continued to get worse. Eventually, among all the remaining mountain towns, rumors began to surface of cannibalism.
>>
>>31010818
Wew now there are 3 coloradobros
>>
>>31010790
As far as I'm aware, the Canvasbacks and the Arizona Rangers are the only "tier one 1337 oper8rs".

Also, the SRG are currently training an NF unit to create effective infiltrators and Recon troops. Really, read through my writefaggotry here
>>31000591
>>31000894
>>31007776
It has a lot to do with the NF. The joint OP with the NF is the whole reason for the sub.

Hopefully the monuments aren't too fucked up.
>>31010799
Tomorrow and Thursday I've got fuck all to do except go to the doctor and pick up my car, so I'll be working on a wiki page, or something similar, then. Hopefully I'll have something up by the weekend.
>>
>>31010818
Ayyy Colorado bro, what's up? How's life in Gunnison? Not so good, what with the eating folk and all huh?
>>
File: original_big.jpg (272KB, 610x408px)
original_big.jpg
272KB, 610x408px
>>31010298
"We got Zips in the wire!"

James' heart sank. He ran over what he knew. 5th as stationed at South post C. The whole south side was an expansion. No fence just a trench with a coil of home made Razor wire.

James switched his radio to the other frequency as he broke into a southbound sprint.
"Command! This is Watch, we have confirmed intruders at the south trench. Number unknown." As he spoke he heard a shot. Sounded like a .308.
"Command, shots fired! Send up the alarm!" James narrowly avoided tripping as he ran past 9th Squad.
"Lights on! Were under attack!"
There was over 5000 people living here now. There was only their rifles between them and the rest of this fallen world.
James ran and landed face first in the south trench. Poking his head up he saw Bill's boots and his Marpat pants.
Taking his vz. 58 off his shoulder and crawled up next to Bill and saw his covered face.
"Hey man. What you see?" James whispered as he looked over and saw Frank a few feet down the trench.
"I saw someone man, at least two. Deer sure as shit don't walk on two legs."
They hadn't been on a supply run in almost two months. So no one knew much about what was going on in the local area.
"None of you fired that shot?"
"No, muzzle flash came from near the tree over there, the one that had the top snap off in that storm."
James knew the tree. It was only about 150 meters from their position. Bill had gotten as low as he could with his SKS on the soft soil as they all lay prone.
"Who do you think it is? The army, The Alaskans?"
"Shut up and watch." James ordered.
The sound of a fly buzzed over them. James had his vz. Trained just to the left of the broken tree.
The time that ticked by felt like days in the soft earth.
James bit his lip then got to his knee.
"Come fight you son of a bitch!" He shouted before he snapped off three rounds of home made 7.62x39 tracer rounds. He loaded his first 5 rounds of each mag with traces so he could direct fire during his night ops.
Cont.
>>
>>31010818
During that trying first winter, new leaders emerged from the towns. As the people clung to life, new plans were implemented for the future. A provisional government emerged in each settlement, and with snowshoes a few brave traders went from place to place to assess the situation. There was a lot of cooperation...at first.

Gunnison and Grand Junction proved the most versatile. Buildings in Gunnison were converted to greenhouses, with plans for spring planting around Blue Mesa Reservoir in the works. Gradually new food began to emerge, and the livestock were kept alive through careful management and sheer willpower. The life blood of all this was in three places: first, a good city council; second, the hydro-electric dam; third, the library at Western State University. The knowledge was there to keep civilization alive. It just had to be applied. Meanwhile, when atmospheric conditions were right, radio operators managed to send and receive information. The situation was bleak. America was fractured, and many regional and provisional governments were being established.

The worst news came from Grand Junction. Some new Neo-Aztec cult had emerged, led by the "Tlatoani," a megalomaniac with a mind towards controlling the people. When the drug supply in GJ ran out, he offered a natural alternative, and merely asked them to gradually reduce usage. This was, of course, highly enforced. He controlled the supply with his private army, while preaching an intoxicating message of Mesoamerican apocalyptic glory. Churches and their congregations were forced to leave by his thugs. Eventually he began work on a pyramid. He announced that his intention was eternal war against everyone. That was the only path to true strength, he said.
>>
>>31010867
Pretty damn good so far. Only thing I'd say is if you fucked with the Alaskan highway or some Alaskan merchants we'd be on your ass like a firestorm from the dead zone.
>>
>>31010867
Shit got good fast.

On an unrelated note whats a German doing with the vz?
>>
>>31010899
On the other side, Colorado Springs was whipped up into a zealous frenzy. The military and churches had quickly began to organize their own relief efforts, coordinating very closely. Still, they also suffered from starvation. By Divine Providence, or perhaps pure chance, the highest ranking figure left alive after the first winter was a chaplain. To keep unity in the Springs, he helped the churches unify their rites, a temporary measure, he assured. Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant found unity through necessity. Colorado Springs became a Patriarchate, albeit slowly.

Large caches of MREs and other supplies were discovered in Fort Carson. Pueblo and Manitou Springs were in a desperate situation, having lost over 80% of their population already. Looting and rioting were commonplace. The chaplain ordered troops to those places to establish order, and bring relief. Colorado Springs became a defacto capital through that deployment. Still, the people were happy to have food and order again, so they went along with it. A new farming plan was researched and implemented, with major cropland being created in Pueblo, sometimes by ripping up buildings along the Arkansas and replacing them with soil. Life began to return to the front range.
>>
>>30970884
>still missing the Kingdom of Hawai'i
>>
>>31008623
The Kingdom of Hawai'i shall be restored. A desendent of King Kamehameha will be made the monarch once again. He will most likely be a puppet for the remaining military forces on the Hawaiian islands.
>>
File: 1471410051485911938254.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1471410051485911938254.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I'm going to make my brother draw some shit for ashlands, he seemed interested when I told him about the concept.

He browses /ic/ and spends most of his time drawing so hopefully it will turn out well.
>>
>>31010969
In the middle of all of this was Gunnison. The first encounters with the Neo-Aztecs were quite unpleasant. A fisherman on the Gunnison River was sacrificed on the river bank to the glory of the rain god. The people were quickly alarmed, especially when more murders began. A town militia was quickly organized to try and track down the perpetrators. When they found them, it wasn't petty. The militia won, but barely. Using Mormon Tea (Ephedra) as a stimulant and focusing drug, the Aztecs fought like maniacs, and over 90% of the militia was wounded or killed, with the entire Aztec force fighting to the end. When the survivors limped back to town, the shock was beyond belief. An inquiry blamed two things: low ammunition supplies, and surprisingly good Aztec close-quarters combat. That's when it became apparent that ammunition supplies and modern weapons were not going to last much longer. A look into the history books, and into a few private weapons collections, provided a few potential solutions.

The decision to collect manure for saltpeter production was debated for a long time. Eventually facts won out. The U.S. was gone. Nobody was available to help. Gunnison was on its own. Avoiding a sacrificial knife required weapons. So plans were drawn up for black powder manufacturing, along with weapons and special caseless ammunition t be used in them. Saltpeter production takes time to get going, so a substitute was needed. For dealing with the Aztec combat specialty, bowie knives and tomahawks were issued to the militia. And deep in the recesses of the library, blueprints were found for an old rifle, one that could be improved and made more practical with modern engineering and metallurgy: the Girandoni Air Rifle. This would be the deliverer of Gunnison.
>>
>>31008899
>Personal log (voice) of Peters, James 3rd CRP, Army of the Republic
>Year 3, PA June
>What dont get talked about a lot is the amount of people we brought in during the early days. That silly recording the Helos play? It's there for a reason. I guess it ain't glamorous enough, no shootin, no dead bad guys. Just more mouths to feed and backs to clothe.
>Some of the guys don't like it. More often than not, especially now, we play that recording, pull up to the site and immediately get lead bangin off our boats.
>But every once in a while we get a family. Kids, women, strung out fathers and brothers.
>Sometimes they cry. Other times they laugh and try to crush your hand, or squeeze you to death. Especially the older women. Even though they're thin as rails mostly, they still give them "Big Mama" hugs. Makes you feel good.
>Other times they look at you dead eyed. Seen so much they cain't function. Had one girl like that that still gives me nightmares. All the shit I seen, all the awful shit I done, none of it bothers me like that girl's eyes do.
>We followed protocol, helo called down a house and said he saw smoke. Started playing his recording, and we converged on it from two angles, so we could get a good crossfire going if need be.
>The house was flooded about chest deep, and when we pulled up, here she come, wadin through the water with a bundle in her arms. With all the noise, that bundle wasn't movin or makin a sound.
>We all knew what that meant, but we didn't know how much worse it really was
Cont.
>>
>>31011083
The prototype air rifle was a crudely machined .45 caliber weapon. Still, it worked. A remarkable miracle of modern engineering allowed for a reduction in the number of parts, along with a remarkable air reservoir capacity of 1000 good shots. The problems were worked out quickly and the machining was adapted for manufacturing. The first five rifles went to the survivors of the first Aztec battle. They were to train with it, become as experienced as possible, and then serve as instructors for the new troops.

This new rifle fired a pretty heavy bullet at around 1900 fps, so it hit hard enough for use as a hunting rifle against anything up to and including moose. In combat, the .45 bullets were devastating to the Aztecs. The first experimental revolvers and black powder rifles were also tested in combat shortly after manufacturing began. Skirmishes with Aztecs became commonplace, and although Gunnison was almost always victorious, no progress could be made in securing the Gunnison River.

As the second year began to end, the saltpeter finally began showing up in strength. This allowed for increased ammunition for all troops. That's also when disaster struck: A long-range recon team made contact with the Aztecs near Detla. A fire-fight erupted, and Gunnison was forced to retreat with heavy casualties. Three revolvers, two black powder rifles, and a single Girandoni were captured by the Aztecs. One week later, the Tlatoani announced that the gods had revealed to him the blueprints of the Gunnison weapons. Soon after, Aztec copies with glyphic engravings began showing up in huge numbers. Apparently they had begun saltpeter production earlier, and since GJ is a larger town, there were more places to get machinery from. All Gunnison could do was try to hold them off at strategic choke-points.

Meanwhile, traders emerged from east of the rockies, telling of a powerful theocracy that had emerged from Colorado Springs.
>>
>>31011152
>She walked right up to the boat and stared at me. She was probably about 18, but she looked like a hard 30. Wasn't wearing nothing but a pair of panties and a open robe.
>You could count her ribs, probably touch her spine if you poked her belly hard enough, and her breasts laid flat on her chest like empty change purses.
>I tried to avert my eyes and caught sight of the baby. He'd been dead so long he was all black and swollen, looked like some kind of monster he was so discolored. My heart sank, I suppressed the urge to puke.
>I told her who we were and that we could help her. She just kept starin at me, them big brown eyes full of water, looking right through me. I talked to her again, softly, and she turned her head, as if just now realizin I was there.
>"I couldn't bury him," she whispered, "there's nowhere to bury him."
>"We can find him a nice spot honey. Is there anybody else in the house?"
>Her face scrunched up and she gave me this terrible grin.
>"Daddy's upstairs"
>I keyed my mic and told the pilot to kill the noise. Fritz pulled the girl up into the boat and put a blanket around her.
>I went into the house alone. I knew what I was gonna find, but I went anyways.
>Daddy was upstairs alright, stabbed about 50 or 60 times.
>His pants were around his ankles, his cock and balls had been sliced off and shoved in his mouth, the knife she'd used stuck in his belly like a grave marker.
>I got back in the boat without a word. As we set off, I looked at her, and she looked at me, fire in her eyes.
>"Daddy said we was gonna make lil Jimmy fat, then have us a good meal. Said we dont need no more mouths to feed. He tried to come to me that night, for 'Daddy time," and I stuck him. I kept stickin and kept stickin till he quit movin. Then I done what you saw."
>I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anythin. We just kept drivin till we got back to base.
Cont.
>>
>>31011307
>We buried that boy at Firebase Charlie. I got the Chaplain to say a few words. The girl just stood there, dead eyed and blank, until we were done covering him up. Then she just walked off, without a word.
>I personally took her to the refugee center and saw her registered. When the nurse went to lead her away she turned to me and said, "Thank you for buryin my boy." And then she was gone.
>I spent the night there, and when I got up in the mornin I went and saw the nurse. I wanted to tell the girl goodbye.
>"Honey she's dead. We went in this morning to get her up and she was cold as ice. I'm sorry."
>I went and saw her body. I don't know why. Well, I do. I felt like I failed her. If we'd have come earlier we could of saved that boy. Could of saved her.
> I'll never forgive myself for that.
>[Recording ends]
>>
File: 42nd_SRG_Canvasback_WIP.png (39KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
42nd_SRG_Canvasback_WIP.png
39KB, 500x570px
>>31010639
Thoughts?
>>31010688
>>31010790
You need to tell me more, I don't know anything about the Ashland factions.
>>
>>31001433
>>31001452
New to Ashland here, been trying to catch up.
Whats happening it the rest of the world?

I feel like someone would try to intervene in/ take control of the least affected parts of the US at some point.
>>
>>31011487
We've agreed to keep geo-politics out but based on decisions of other factions and myself it's safe to assume similar shits going on.
>>
>>30976649
Hey buddy, we seem to be undermanned at the moment on Mojave greentexts, any donations will be backed by MU currency good from SoCal to Lone Star Country
>>
>>31011473
Fucking top notch, dear lord. Couldn't have asked for a better design, I love it.
>>31011473
CRP initial path design is here
>>31009834
He doesn't want the motto on there anymore,as per here
>>31010062
They're Floridians who patrol the heavily flooded areas of Florida using amphibious vehicles (Those Duck Tour bus things, they were actually originally milsurp anyways which is cool) looking for survivors and clearing out bandits/bad fucking dudes. Heavy Vietnam influence, acronym stand for Civil Reconnaissance Patrol. I don't know what he wants for design, just trying to be helpful
>>31011487
Yellowstone set off the Ring of Fire, shit got real bad, nukes were exchanged, the world has basically ended. Its in the last thread towards the bottom I believe.
>>31011558
>4 days ago
Hey, if I knew more about the area I'd write some stuff. Feel free to as well, we do need some fleshing out of the MU and LFS.
>>
>>31011286
Always top notch stuff from you man, I love it. Feels so local and deep, really unique and probably the most well thought out storyline.
>>
>>31011581
Glad you like it.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it later.
>>
>>31010867
Seconds later the loud crack of the .308 snapped past his head and he hit the dirt.
"Not the Army. Tell ya that much." James laughed.
Then a Cree war cry echoed in the darkness. James started to laugh like an idiot.
"Command. Its time for Cowboys and Indians. Over."
Returning to his rifle sight and found a form in the pale moonlight. It had jeans and a white shirt and hat. James squeezed the trigger and the orange beam hit him square in the chest. The body hit the ground with a thud as more forms broke from the tree line.
More rifle fire came from both sides.
The tribe hooted and hollered as they ran through the knee tall grass.
But what they didn't know was the razor wire in front of the trench was two double lines of wire. Soon all the forms were tangled and falling. James, Bill and Frank opened with their semi-autos. Albert, a freakishly large Greek, shouted on the radio but the three men had to keep firing. James let off the last round in his mag into the head of a redskin that escaped the wire. The muzzle flash highlighted the spider web tattoo on his neck as his head snapped back.
James stuck his bayonet on the lug and Bill snapped his forward on his SKS.
"Christ, there's how many of them are there?" Bill shouted in anger as he rammed two stripper clips into his 20 round magazine.
"Hold on boys, second wave!" James growled as he too reloaded. "2 o'clock, I see em!"
The team shifted their fire.
James was getting worried. He knew that the others would be able to defend the farm and repel these invaders. But would the three of them survive long enough for them to get there.
James was worried about Ida, he knew she would be safe, she could handle her AR like the best of them but she had her child on the way, his child. He wanted to be a father all his life and now he might not get the chance, why? Because some redskins thought they could get some food and rape a few women.
Cont.
>>
>>31011581
Yeah I'll probably due some trash writefaggotry but my schedule is clogged to shit so it will be down the line. Also have you considered calling the neo Aztecs the naztecs? I feel like it would be a mouthful with the full wording
>>
File: 10759348315_3dfc3fd9ac_b.jpg (104KB, 1024x410px) Image search: [Google]
10759348315_3dfc3fd9ac_b.jpg
104KB, 1024x410px
>Most people native to Denver were... weird, like if they were halfway through an ashling transformation, they'd usually be peaceful but dumber and more irritable than normal people, not sure if they'd fully transform into ashlings soon but it's still a threat to look out for, maybe we'd build some sort of gulag for half-ashlings if we had the balls to do it, but for now we have to cooperate.
>We received a message from the scouts that went up to Boulder, they said that there were no survivors left, they had cleared out the town of ashlings and other animals, they think that Boulder should be a sort of military base, or maybe a trade center/market.
>After securing downtown Denver and making it official NCR territory we headed east to find out if the conspiracy was true all along... Denver airport was the biggest airport in the USA, and according to a conspiracy theory it had a network of underground bunkers bellow the airport to house the elites in case of a catastrophe. After walking for a bit we made it to the airport, the two week journey was about to finish, or that's what we thought...
>>
File: Morrowind_conceptart.jpg (353KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_conceptart.jpg
353KB, 900x700px
>>30970773
What's this I hear about "ashlanders"?
>>
>>31010988
>A desendent of King Kamehameha will be made the monarch once again.

funny thing is, I think I heard Hawaii actually keeps track of 'most direct bloodlines' to Kam the Great just in such an event.

>>31008623
I kind of hope they'll be 'modern' Maori Tribal types.
>>
>>31010850
I'd forgotten about that in all honesty. Thanks for the links. I do like how you've handled the NF's infiltrator teams, by the way.

I'd call them Rangers, but I see that name's already taken.

>>31010818
Welcome back, man.

>>31011473
I'll get back to you on that tomorrow morning, to give the thread enough time to vote on the NF's name change.
>>
New Venice,
A murky ocean dotted with man made islands, jutting out of the surface reaching for the ever gray sky, as if reaching out for a salvation that will never come.

New Venice,
The water here has the consistency of concrete, bog water mixed with equal parts ash, dread and bodies of the drowned. Impossible to see underneath, don't step in, the water is not fine. It will consume you.

New Venice,
What used to be a sprawling metropolis nestled between the Puget sound and Interstate 5. Used to be before the tsunami wiped out most of the life in this metropolis that is.

New Venice,
Command and Control are not found here. Majority rule of the northern region was surrendered to heavy handed warlords, gangs, drug/arms dealers, and thieves all trying to carve an empire out of this lawless city. Maybe, just maybe if your lucky a local might take pity on you, and only rob you and not rob you and kill you.

The South remains somewhat stable, under a tough but fair junta headed by survivors from the 2nd Ranger battalion and the 3rd SF group formerly stationed at what used to be JBLM. Many who formed this provisional junta either chose to stay or simply could not get back to their familes. The junta has had some luck stabilizing roughly 30 percent of new Venice with help from the Alaskan Highlander patrols, but even the most stalwart avoid the northern I-5 corridor. Traders by nature these men only see risk vs reward.

New Venice,
A microorganism that is highly reminiscent of the post eruption Pacific North West as a whole. City states, each to their own, of varied numbers, strengths and dispositions. patchwork tribes and confederacies, popping up and dissolving within a fortnight. Shrewd politicians establishing alliances, commencing trade, declaring war and breaking deals, or breaking less shrewd politicians. Other city states simply opt to take by force, war-bands and war-chiefs meet each others armies to fight for resources in the ash.

New Venice,
Its my home
>>
>>31012067
>we'rewatchingyouscum.jpg
>>31012082
Hey man, write it up, nobody's doing it, might as well, right?
>>31012173
Coming up with a name for the 42nd was, by far, the most irritating and frustrating part.

Also, we're getting close to bump limit, so I'll probably be making a new thread sometime between now and tomorrow morning, make sure to migrate your poll.
>>31012189
Ooohh, nice, sounds very promising.
>>
>>31010945
It's a popular rifle because we cant get AKs here legally.
>>31011686
Just as despair tried to sink its claws into the men a lout rhythmic clatter from the west followed by a car horn that played Dixie.

James snapped his head to see the headlights of the technical they kept hidden. It had a DShK with a rebuilt receiver. The 4x4 illuminated the battlefield.

"Get some!" Bill shouted with his fist in the air.
The technical scattered the invaders instantly. They darted into the woods.

James turned his head north and saw his brothers in arms diving into the trench around him.
The battle was over, James looked over the white shirted one he dropped first as he stepped over the one that was tattooed. Reaching into the pocket of the bloodied enemy and pulled out his wallet.
His name was Davin Miskawantsusus of Black Lake first nation, or so his treaty card said.

He sighed. He would need to take this to command. Let them figure out the next move.

Once the bodies had been collected and put in one of the warehouses before some of the 'Legionaries' could look them over.

James walked back to his Shipping container 'cabin' that he lived in. He was greeted at the door by Ida, she was in a baby doll dress with a chicom chest rig above her bulging belly and an AR in her arms.
"I heard the alarm, is it all clear?" She asked him.
"Yah..." he sighed. He didnt really know what to feel right then. "Lets just go to bed, ok?"
"Oh, sure." Ida put her AR away and hung her rig on the coat rack and James slipped out of his camouflage and gear. They both crawled into their bed and tried to sleep. But James could only stair up at the ceiling.
Back when he was in the army and went over seas and did shit like this there. But it was here, just out there now, a stones throw from where he lay.
His mind was heavy with thing he didn't want to think about.
>>
>>31012221
I'm probably going to catch some sleep very soon. I'll check back in in the morning.

For now I'm going to tentatively designate the NFs special operations types as the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, often shortened to First Recon.

After all, they're some of the first New Englanders to explore post-rupture America.

>>31012189
Good work, that.
>>
>>31012082
That is true, there is quite a bit of continuity and there is still lots of old blood lines out here in Hawai'i.

Hawaii would remain pretty self sufficient, probably would take on a shit ton of refugees from Ashland.
>>
>>31012295
He sighed and rolled over. He trusted his superiors and knew they would have the right call and he would do as he was ordered and do the best he could.

But now all illusions of peace he had were gone. Perhaps they could hide out up north and rebuild civilization quietly. But now? Looks like the Race War really was going happen now.

Fin.

How was it? Also if anyone could draw something or make some patches or something, that would be cool.
>>
>>31012221
>>31012309

thanks guys Il try my hand at this some more tommarow,
im the anon that wrote bout half of the dead zone lore and suggested the sled dog idea.

funny how a off hand joke evolves into something fucking beautiful
>>
File: CRP_WIP.png (68KB, 500x475px)
CRP_WIP.png
68KB, 500x475px
CPR patch here.

>>31012067
My first thought about Ashland.
>>
>>31012356
Oh shit nigger that's cool as fuck. Quick suggestion though, could you make the top text say "Republic of the Gulf Coast"? Seems a bit redundant to have CRP on both top and bottom.
>>
File: CRP_WIP.png (67KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
CRP_WIP.png
67KB, 500x475px
>>31012372
Sure.
>>
>>31012346
Right?
>Dog Sleds innaAsh
>Arkansas is overrun by skinwalkers
>Carolina's unite over an affront to vinegar based BBQ sauce
Shit's out of control
>>
File: 1471373529770.jpg (12KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471373529770.jpg
12KB, 214x200px
>>31012376
That's feckin dope, yo.
>>
>>31012312
Thing is: Hawaii is self-sufficient for a fairly small island population that the indigenous people were. Only way for Hawaii to be able able to sustain it's population would require more than a bit of depopulation.

Which the massive tsunami from the mainland probably would help with. Also clear a lot of manmade structures to be reclaimed as farmland, maybe.

At least that's my understanding from being in Hawaii.

Place is beautiful and fertile, but small and there's a lot of people living there.
>>
>>31012221
>Hey man, write it up, nobody's doing it, might as well, right?

Well, I'm not much of a /k/ommando and it seems a lot of the setting's been established but... I can take a whack at at least asking a few questions to help others work things out:

Looking it over, I guess I was kind of wrong with >>31012483, and it seems Hawaii's agriculture is a pretty strong practice for a small island chain.

The political situation would probably be intense, if we assume a massive tsunami scenario. The Navy stationed there are FUCKED and fucked hard, the remnant will probably try to keep order with the populous and gradually fail because most of the food stocks would probably be on the Naval bases that got washed away, right?

The most important people outside of farmers will be salvage divers. they will be the ones going into wrecks of cities and naval bases and come back with various things.

Now the Navy has trained salvage divers too, so this will probably lead to sort of a race and constant attempts to dissuade or recruit local divers to help them.

Let's say they fail, and ultimately the Navy's diminished manpower means they can't compete with the locals who get led by the new Kamehameha, especially when it becomes clear to the Navy personnel left the mainland is in too much disarray to send help. So the Navy tries to get in on the ground floor instead, a few might try to keep a secret club of US government loyalists, others will be less secret and be rooted out, and the new Kamehameha will probably begin to rebuild Hawaiian culture with the aid of a crapload of Kahuna who have done their best to keep the traditions alive.

And refubished military assault rifles with shark tooth and bone knives on the bayonet attachments.

Nudity or just less dressing will likely be a thing both as a return to tradition and to conserve resources.
>>
>>31012568
From whence does thou come?

And that's the fun, we're establishing it, and it seems you have an excellent grasp on how to worldbuild. Rooted in fact enough to suspend disbelief, and give convenient answers as to why the situation is what it is. I think that's pretty damn solid, run with it see where it goes.

As far as weapons go, I'd imagine firearms and ammunition would be in major shortage, and we'd quickly see a return to mainly melee weapons, which feeds in nicely with the return to native culture. Less shark tooth bayonets, more of those wicked cricket bat things they used to use to split each other's skulls.

After all, the board is called weapons, not guns.
>>
>>30992996
More please.
>>
>>31011473
>>31012376
Cool shit anons, cool shit
>>
>>31012627
Fair enough and thank you. I am trying to be fair, and I don't see the Navy as being incompetent in this situation, but hit hard, if not harder than the civilian populous and now overwhelmed, and more than some possibly feeling abandoned by the government.

I also wonder how the multiple cultures in Hawaii might end up influencing the New Hawaiian a bit. Maybe we'll see some specialized Maori samurai using those cricket bats you mentioned. While Hawaii would want to return to its traditional roots, I could see a lot of intermingling of cultures still going on just because in my experience, Hawaiians don't seem the type to completely discard something just because it's not "traditional Hawaiian".

(This is where I segue into a bad joke)

On that note, I'm shuddering to imagine how well they will take the idea of no more spam.

I can see it now: the Hawaiian kingdom rebuilds as fast as possible and salvages many old ships to raid the mainland of all it's remaining spam and spam manufacturing machines. Anyone who gets in the way faces hundreds of raging Hawaiian warriors.
>>
>>31003011
Enjoying your posts. Keep posting
>>
>>31011307
Dark, good, keep it up.
>>
>>31011152
>>31011307
>>31011394
Damn that was good. It captured something I never could. Thanks for the piece.

>>31011581
And thanks for explaining, I was gone by then.

>>31012356
>>31012376
Good job it's excellent. Crap if I saw it pop up on a patch thread I'd buy it.
>>
>>31012637
Theres been some more, I just put a name on, so anything by this name is legit. Also if you haven't already read Stonewalls cause its fucking good, you can find those here
>>31011152
>>31011307
>>31011394
And if you've read all that I should have more up within the hour.

>>31012691
Soon Anon, soon
>>
>>30970884
>Virginia not reuniting with West Virginia
>>
File: 1468563004916.jpg (440KB, 2048x1568px)
1468563004916.jpg
440KB, 2048x1568px
>>31012690
>>31012568
Most of Hawaii's population is on the island of Oahu. All of the other islands are pretty sparsely populated, especially the big island. Interisland trade would be huge, Maui and the big Island would be come agriculture power houses and would sustain the population.

As far as tsunami goes Oahu might be OK. There is a Nuclear Power plant on the westward facing shore. If that can remain up and running in the event of a tsunami (which I am sure they have prepared for) oahu should be just fine as far as electricity goes. Not to mention out here there are is a big push for renewable energy out here.

I could also see the islands littered with derelict ships that were heading to the mainland. These ships could be turned into a sort of rivet city.
>>
>>31014057
Also come to think of it Monsanto is huge out here so I am sure that they will have some sort of extremely hardy mutant crop to be grown to feed the people.
>>
>>31002982
>Just a couple days later everything was different. Half the CRP teams, mine included, were thrown north. The way I understood it was Texas was getting real close in Louisiana, and their expeditionary force was patrolling half the country, and taking "volunteers" from all over. Now the reason I put it like that is that they say most of the out of state volunteers were offered safety to join, or just strait up conscripted. So regular army was gonna start heavily patrolling Louisiana, and we were gonna be pinpointing Texan patrol routs and the like behind enemy lines. You know, a show of force on land that was rightfully ours and all that good stuff.
>Anyway, we got assigned a marksmen, for all the teams to share. Due to the fact that he had never seen combat(like most of he regular army) the CRP decided he would be honorably dubbed Simo. They gave him some "advanced" swamp and marsh training, so at meals we'd ask him if he managed to kill the Gill-Man, how many soviet paper targets he'd slaughtered and finally we'd teach him actually useful shit, like how to keep water and mud out of your gun. Things the army thought were useless. I guess that's why we were out here.
>>
>>31014109
> So the first run of this experiment was to be two teams and Simo, in a RHIB up river to a town called Lake Charles. We were gonna sit on the MSR or main strategic roadway, and report any Texan traffic. After two days the RHIB would come back to the drop point, load us up with more food and supplies, then after two days we'd be pulled out. Now is when I would tell you about how we fought our way to our scouting point in an old 3 story holiday inn, and once there we didn't stop shooting for four days, but that's not how it happened.
>The road was underwater. We radioed it in, but the army was in control, we were part of a bigger machine now, and The Plan said we had to stare at a flooded road for four fucking days.
>Thank fuck we're not part of the army, we just moved north they couldn't reprimand us, we were an independent militia. And what did we find but the Ronald Reagan Highway between Beaumont and Baton Rouge, without a drop of damn water.
>We stayed up there for the last couple of days, and it seemed to be an important roadway for troops and supplies from Texas to Louisiana, we'd see three patrols a day, and we least one convoy going either direction a day.
>The army never micromanaged us after that.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.