[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CA Gun Shopping Recs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: meanwhile in california.gif (237KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in california.gif
237KB, 1280x768px
Hello, /k/.

Nofunz from California here who's in the market for "assault weapons" before state AWB kicks in in 2017. What pickups should I consider given the following constraints?

>semi-auto, or else not available for purchase post-2017 under laws described here: http://www.kmir.com/story/32359315/new-gun-laws-explained
>ammunition relatively cheap to obtain now, and sourceable post-2017 (gray market avenues are fine)
>ideal purchase total of up to $5k

I'm already slated to take a state safety test tomorrow, so what should I be looking for?
>>
>>30965102
rip hitery gonna take our guns mane
>>
>>30965102
Since no one is talking, maybe a standard AR with chrome lining in the barrel so it isn't a piss off to clean while being able to prevent corrosion much easier especially if you live along the coastal areas.

Something like the Colt LE6920 is the most standard of standard ARs. Purely milspec and will run you a thousand bucks. This is probably the best buy you can make if you don't plan on building an AR. Some say it's overpriced and that you're paying for a rollmark, but I haven't seen anything below the price range that has chrome lining, all standard AR features, full milspec that you can buy off the shelf. There are much better ARs you can buy (not build), but those cost way more than the LE6920.

Just go and shop around. Do your research as to what you want. Go to gun shops, check if they actually still have any stocks of ARs or AKs or Saigas or whatever else fucking semiauto that's in their stock, because I've been to some of my local gun shops, and some of them have already sold out their ARs and AKs (can't have that shit in stock once 2017 hits). I think that ammunition purchases is actually a bit more important, as well as cleaning supplies, slings, upgrade parts, optics, storage, spare parts, tools, etc. These costs rack up. Still, that should be like just 3 grand unless you decide to buy a shitload of ammo. If you decide to buy Gucci brand parts like Geissele triggers and Aimpoints, it's going to cost more. But you can probably buy them in the future rather than now.
>>
>>30966217
Remember that the LE6920's shit is the most basic for a 300 yard gun. You can think about melonite barrels, nickel boron BCGs, etc, but what that has is the basic thing most ARs should have from the shelf. If you can find the civilian version of the FN carbine the US military uses, that's also a good milspec AR. Probably better than the Colt, but who really knows.
>>
>>30966217

>colt

Banned by name since the 1980s.
>>
>>30965102
Please actually read the letter of the law, and not a paraphrased post on a website.

Featureless configuration is still legal, and if you look into the new magazine lock devices you will see how to get around registration legally.

Also, please don't call a semiautomatic sporting rifle an "assault weapon" like the uneducated morons who make these laws up as they go.
>>
>>30966265
Then why they still selling them now? Because all you have to do is rename the gun you're selling and voila, it's not illegal anymore. Which is why they went for feature bans.
>>
>>30965102
Nigga move
It's your only option
>>
>>30966314
Moving is normally only an option if you are able to find a job almost immediately in this economy. Some people just can't move.
Also
>wanting Californians to move from California and could vote Democrats elsewhere because Republicans are "not their cup of tea" outside of guns
>>
>>30966294
Anon, y u no understand? Every gun that looks military-ish or scary has been redefined as an assault weapon in this backward ass state
>>
I work for a gun store in Los Angeles.

Our lawyers are saying that until the DOJ says otherwise, featureless rifles will not be banned as of 2017. Your concern is for rifles with assault weapon features.

Here's how to think of it per current interpretations:

If it has 1)a pistol grip 2)a flash hider and/or muzzle break [Compensators are okay] 3) an adjustable stock; a bullet button will no longer exempt it. It will be treated as though it has a regular old mag release. Therefore, an "assault weapon".
>>
>>30966408
No, the features have. All that the main laws have really accomplished is the death of the bullet button/magazine lock.
>>
Wait, so if you just buy a stock that can't be adjusted at all, then you can keep your gun unregistered from the registry? Is there any kind of non-adjustable stock out there for milspec buffer tubes?
>>
>>30966413
On a featureless configuration, muzzle brakes are perfectly fine, flash hider are not. Read the actual text son. Easy stuff.
>>
>>30966448
Only if you lock your magazine in place or change the rifle to a featureless configuration. Easiest way is to set your stock where you want it, and drive a screw or pin through the adjustment lever, preventing it from operating.
>>
>>30966461

Muzzle breaks have been confused with flash hiders in DOJ treatments in the past. Compensator is the preferred nomenclature because it cannot be misconstrued like the A2 birdcage can be.
>>
>>30965102
freedom
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.