[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you are in a squad, and one guy has a pistol round chambered SMG.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1454117057735.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454117057735.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Would it be better if that SMG fired the same round as the side-arms the squad is carrying, or not?

Pro- the ammo that everyone has for their pistols can be given to the SMG guy if needed.
Con- SMG guy can eat up all the sidearm ammo.

Assume its like a zombie sort of thing, so being resupplied isn't assumed.
>>
>>30964885
it would be better to have an smg that fired side arm ammo, since you'd have less types of ammo to carry. as long as he doesn't mag dump like a retard it should be fine
>>
It's better to share the same ammo unless there is some very specific reason that the SMG guy would use something else.
>>
>>30964885
Why is that T. rex eating lettuce?
>>
Logistically it would be better for everything to be the same round.
>>
I get that the weapons should share ammo as much as possible.

But wouldn't it also be prudent to also carry some weapons that don't share ammo?

For instance, you are savaging and find 10mm ammo, but nobody has a 10mm gun.
>>
>>30965143
*continued

Also, would SMG guy have a sidarm that shared ammo with his SMG?

That seems a bit redundant.
>>
Sharing ammo and magazines between a longarm and a handgun is kind of a gimmick from a tactical perspective, but it makes sense for a personal/group stockpile logistically. Mags aren't cheap, and the less proprietary mags you have to buy the better IMO.
>>
you don't want a pistol shooting a carbine load and you don't want an SMG shooting a close-quarters defensive handgun round, so unless both the pistol and the SMG are both using 200gr 10mm FMJ (or some other round that suits both the purpose of a sidearm and a carbine/SMG), you would want different ammo to better suit the purpose.

of course logistically the guns using the same ammo sounds great on paper, but when you're in pistol range you don't want a carbine load and when you're in carbine range you don't want a pistol load
>>
>>30965143
>>30965166
>finding 10mm ammo
>ever
Haha good one anon.

Anyway chances are if you find 10mm ammo, you'll find something chambered in 10mm too. I don't know why survivalist types think people just keep random stacks of ammo around with out guns to go with it.

If you're really worried about being able to scavenge ammo just stick to the common ammo types: .22lr, 9mm, .308/7.62, .233/5.56, and maybe 7.62x39.

Also the more commonality you have between you weapons the better because you're not worried about tracking multiple things.
>>
>>30965176
>the less proprietary mags you have to buy the better IMO.
your still going to have to buy different mags for the handgun and the pistol even if you standardize a caliber unless all the guns you buy take glock mags.
if some guy had a 1911 and mac10 its not like you can move 45acp from one mag to the other on the fly. whatever ammos in the mag stays in the mag and that mag only goes in its gun.
>>
>>30965317

There are PCC options that take common pistol magazines if you look. You don't need to limit yourself.

>>30965212

This isn't the 1980s, carbine-only loads are kind of a thing of the past.

>>30965254

>I don't know why survivalist types think people just keep random stacks of ammo around with out guns to go with it.

Literally video games, 80% of "preppers" are legitimately delusional.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.