[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ammo prices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (57KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 604x604px
How in the fuck do you guys afford going shooting and laying a thousand rounds down range in a single trip? I went to Gander Mountain today and one box of Remington core lokt 7mm08 cost 36 fucking dollars for 20 rounds. Unbelievable. I love shooting as a hobby but the prices for ammo are ridiculous these days. Should I just start using my dad's reloading bench? Is it even worth it, or have they dramatically raised the prices on powder, brass, and primers too? Pretty soon they won't even need to ban guns, they'll just make them to expensive to operate.
>>
>>30964069
you sound poor. get a fucking job. max out your 401k contribution and build up a 6 month emergency fund before purchasing hobby supplies.
>>
>>30964089
I have a job. Fresh college grad. I'm ineligible for my agency's retirement plan for another 5 months yet. Still doesn't justify paying 36 dollars for a box of fucking shells
>>
>>30964120
do you really need to plink with 7mm08?
>>
>>30964069
non-military calibers are expensive OP, it's always been this way
>>
>>30964069
By not being poor.
>>
>>30964144
plus he paid retail for it

poor people are poor for a reason. they suck at money.
>>
>>30964069
Get a cheaper caliber dude. Any obscure cartridge will be hella exspensive. Oh and to answer the question, i handloaf all my ammo.
>>
Believe it or not, most people don't dump thousands of rounds regularly. Between me and my buddies, I would say we usually blow through a hundred or so rounds each whenever we go shooting, which is by no means often. For a hunting caliber, you shoot it enough to sight it in, and then pop a few off every so often to get in touch with how the rifle feels so it doesn't surprise you when you're hunting
>>
>>30964172
I didn't buy it faggot
>>
>>30964175
>i handloaf all my ammo.

And OP its about rounds put down range and the effort put into those rounds, than just pooping rounds willy nilly
>>
>>30964142
I don't really want to plink with it, but it's been years since I've shot it and I want some quality range time with it
>>
>>30964209
Then why are you bitching?
>>
>>30964069

>buying ammo at big name stores
>buying ammo from any brick and mortar stores

lmaoing at ur life
>>
>>30964232
Im just glad you didnt make fun of me for not using my spell check. Idk how you handloaf something.
>>
>>30964250
Because if it were cheaper I would have bought some but now that you're in the thread fagging it up you're making me wish I did buy some so I could kill myself with them rather than read your responses
>>
>>30964089
Not OP but you would be amazed at how long that can take...

>>30964069
Reloading can make a difference, but mostly if you shoot large amounts, and often. Although having the equipment handy already puts you significantly closer to it being profitable.

Be aware, that returns will fluctuate wildly depending on the caliber you're reloading. Some rounds you'll probably have to reload thousands of before you start to see any real savings.

For me, I just buy a box or two every paycheck. I make a nice 50k a year, but life has it's costs, so I can't afford to go shooting as often as I would like. But a box here, and a box there, doesn't hurt quite so much all at once.

Some folks can buy a ferrari, and others have to save to buy a civic. Know your limits, and find a way to live within them comfortably.
>>
>>30964308
You seem like a reasonable and measured man. Thanks for answering my question
>>
So basically troll post is a troll. Don't like it buy moist nugget and commie ammo.
>>
>>30964069
If you want cheap ammo get a gun in 9mm, 7.62x39 or .223, otherwise quit being a bitch and deal with the fact everything else is going to cost more.
>>
>>30964360
>ammo prices are absurd
>must be a troll post

It's a conspiracy!
>>
>>30964302
You came to 4chan with your problems, you had to know you were gunna take some shit. Everyone knowz OP is always a faggot.
>>
>>30964360

>nuggets and nugget food are ""cheap""

2007 /k/ pls go
>>
>>30964302

whine more faggot. then kys.
>>
>>30964428
Fight me in real life faggot I bet you won't, bitch. I already have an sks and a 9mm. I just wanted to feed my model 7
>>
>>30964302
>bitchihg about prices he didn't pay only saw
Stop whining. Stop being poor. Holy shit man.
>>
>>30964445
>you're on 4chan, this justifies me being a faggot irl

Solid logic there, Rain Man
>>
>>30964466
Then 1 40dollar box wont kill you. Just buy it already and take out your precious gem.
>>
>>30964360
Eh, 7.62x39 Tulammo is still wicked cheap, as is 5.56/.223 when bought in bulk. Full power ammo for pennies a round was an artifact of WWII milsurp and that's drying up due to import bans and people fucking using it up.
>>
>>30964466
Want really expensive ammo try 338. It's gotta cost me at least $3 a round.
>>
>>30964465
>>30964482
>Hillary becomes POTUS
>AR-15 parts and rifles skyrocket in price
>/k/ cries about it because they can't afford to shell out 10,000 bucks for a rifle
>that one faggot in the thread who thinks he's cool tells everyone to stop whining and stop being poor

Suicide yourselves, you faggots were giving me shit and calling me stupid when you thought I bought the shells. Now that you found out I didn't buy them you have to find something else to get me on.
>>
>>30964120
that is a lot for that round.
look up a hand reloading kit for that round. you'll be fine

i have 5 different ones and multiples of each.. becasue idky my grandpa bought multiples
>>
>>30964069
by having a job
>>
>>30965251
I have a job. Maybe it's because I'm jewish
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.