[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunker down vs. Innawoods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Family_Guy_Pillow_Fort_Gif_500.gif (531KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Family_Guy_Pillow_Fort_Gif_500.gif
531KB, 500x375px
We talk alot about going innawoods when SHTF, but realistically it would probably be localized and temporary. So if you went innawoods youd leave your belongings( i.e. house possibly car) vulnerable. This means before you go innawoods you should try to hunker down, this said what is /k/'s hunker down plan? What food and water do you keep? what weapons do you have to defend your shit? Im looking for inspiration.
>>
>>30964050
>This means before you go innawoods you should try to hunker down
No. Sell anything you don't need.
Failing that hide it.
Failing that lure enemy to house them set house on fire and leg it.
>>
>>30964050
if you're going innawoods then all is already lost and the last thing you should be worrying about is your property
>>
>>30964096
I know but theres more of a probability that all wont be lost and you just need to make it through a dangerous and hard time. How wouod you survive that?
>>
Hunkering down is for a short term SHTF. If if gets to the point of going innawoods, there's no point worrying about your possessions.
>>
hordes of normies and niggers will flee the cities and spew forth into the suburbs and beyond

the only way hunkering down would work is if you are in the middle of nowhere or your hole in the ground is impossible to find and you dont have to leave it very often
>>
>>30964076
>oh man seasonal flooding happened
>better sell literally everything I own and go live in the woods
Are all americans this retarded? It would explain why houses are so badly constructed in the first place.
>>
>>30964050
The best hunker down defense for SHTF is avoiding attention.
>>
Hey guys, question relating to this topic. Im trying to plan going innadesert, and just got topographical maps of the area. What things shouldI mmark as interest points, or in case need arises, areas to target. Just a general guideline, not specifics. I can do digging for addresses and recon myself.
>Inb4 Hi FBI/ATF/CIA/ALPHABET
>>
>>30964284
>SHTF is equivalent to seasonal weather
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>30964424
>oh man a hurricane has hit just as it always has at about this time of year every year for the past literally all recorded years of this area
>better light my house on fire because THE ENEMY will come for me
Are all americans this stupid? It would explain why houses are seen as disposable and constructed like it too.

>>30964394
off the top of my head, a source of water, preferably a spring fed by an aquafer rather than one from a stream or river (often in those sorts of ponds, the ground more or less "pre-filters" the water so you just need to boil it to safely drink, as opposed to rivers that may be contaminated by industrial usage)

water, the stuff of life, my man

>Inb4 Hi FBI/ATF/CIA/ALPHABET
are all Americans this paranoid that you can't ask for what you should mark on a map of your local area without fearing police retribution?
>>
>>30964284
No that guy was just stupid or playing stupid that is a terrible plan.
>>
>>30964501

>seasonal weather
>the happening

those aren't the same thing bud; I'm smelling bait on your breath, have you been shitp*sting this evening?
>>
>>30964394
It should be fairly obvious man. If you can't do that, then I doubt you'll last long.
>>
>>30964134
makes outside of couse looks already looted. hide inside with guns and family with guns
>>
File: 1469813983249-1.jpg (433KB, 1500x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1469813983249-1.jpg
433KB, 1500x1130px
something something armored fursuit
>>
>>30964527
>hillary got elected
>better sell all my shit and go live in the woods
>>
>>30964394
u need to go out back packing before you inna woods. Trust me if you have a safty line(quick recovery) or like minded friends (people who already camp and go back packing who don't bring just food, ammo, and water) They can help out for the first time but look into that as a beginner's guide to inna-woodsing(not sure if really a word yet).
>>
>>30964134
Sounds like you have no mutual defense pack set in place.
>>
>>30964951
>>30964529
>>30964501
I was asking for the unknowns. I know water, food, etc. Im saying places of interest to mark, in case mayhem might be required innacity. Like power grid points, or runways, or LZs
>>
>>30964997
>Like power grid points, or runways, or LZs
those things are on normal publically available maps, not to mention visible on any kind of satellite imagery available For Free from google or bing/microsoft

are you 12, per chance?
>>
>>30964997
Get a population map. Anything in color stay away from if necessary get compass (not NSEW kind) and draw epicenter 50 mi from every major populated city and figure a point of extraction to an area of inactivity, preferably not too far from water. Then over lay with points of Nuke power plants draw 1o mi epicenters then sketch prevailing winds. No one mans them and that will show a kill zone. Also make sure you are not down stream from that. This list goes on but that is a good start.
>>
>>30965029
No. We have a small farm runway nearby, along with a small regional airport. I know that power info is available online, and same with water treatment plants.
im wondering how valuable these assets are, and if they'll be protected, because they're not atm
>>
>>30965557
for the most part no. After 3 days or how ever long your local water tower (if applicable) holds out that will be a concern if local sources ex: streams, rivers, and lakes are not accessible. If water is a problem in your area bugging out may not be feasible.
>>
> hunker down alone

Get burnt out of your home after three weeks by an angry mob that thinks you should "share" your food

> innawoods alone

Get shot in the back while tending to your potato patch after three months

The key is to keep things small, camouflaged, and difficult to reach while making sure you have extra eyes watching the perimeter at all times.

If you bug out with less than three people, you're going to get shot by some bandit who wants your stash.
>>
File: 1470606909586.jpg (4KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470606909586.jpg
4KB, 240x240px
>>30964501
Are you autistic?
I seriously asking because you don't seem to understand the core concept of SHTF.
SHTF is a WROL(without rule of law) situation. ie Venezuela x2.
Everybody is out for themselves and the government can't help shit. That's when you say fuck it and go innawoods.
>>
>>30964050
before Shit Happens
>dig 50 spiderholes on property, scattered around
>make tunnel system between them, with unnagroun bunkers scattered throughout system
>full VC mode
Shit Happens:
>property stormed by raiders, gun-grabbin-government (thanks Hillary), rioters, whoever
>they see a man climb into a whole in his yard
>someone goes to inspect, only to be shot in back of head
>as their comrades turn, they see the man dart back down into a hole
>45 minutes later, from complete opposite side of territory, a grenade is thrown, killing 4
welcome to reverse Whack-A-Mole
>>
>>30964424
fucking kek.
>>
File: LanceCamper003_zpsbd6bab35.jpg (52KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LanceCamper003_zpsbd6bab35.jpg
52KB, 480x360px
>What if we...
>Hear me out...
>hunker down.....
>While inna woods?
>>
>>30966414
fucking genious
>>
>>30964284
>other-world fags don't realize that wooden houses are best because you can easily knock down walls and re-do electrical wiring and air conditioning and shit instead of doing shitty ass brick laying where nothing fits in the wall
>>
>>30966078
You aren't wrong that more people are better then less people, but if you aren't in a eastern state then you've got to remember, America is pretty much fucking empty.

I'm in Washington. There's 40,000 miles of logging road here. Even the most determined bandit would have to be legit insane and have some amazing field-craft to find my little family farm before they starved to death in the woods.
>>
File: tzbatteringram.jpg (27KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
tzbatteringram.jpg
27KB, 400x305px
>hunker down
Hope no one in your family has loose lips, because your ship is probably already sunk.
>>
>>30964050
Leave all books I can't carry with a note asking whomever should find it to take good care of them.
>>
>>30964568
Fucking kombat furries
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 500x334px
>>30966468
I'm buying an Iltis, and I'm gonna /k/ the shit out of one of those little Boler campers for just such a purpose. Similar suspension/tires to the M10-whatever trailer the Iltis normally pulls, winterized, racks for cam netting/camouflage, the whole nine yards.
I'll call it the "Battle Boler".
>>
File: 1464711078812.jpg (103KB, 534x460px) Image search: [Google]
1464711078812.jpg
103KB, 534x460px
>>30966600
>double dubs
>>
>>30966600
Nice dubs

I've got the truck and motorcycle for scouting, but I'm in the works for the RV. I also made sure to learn how to do basic small data packets via ham radio, so once all cells go down, I'll still have some way to communicate and send data. I've got games/books/movies for downtime.
>>
>>30966730
Just finished my bob, four days of rations, nife, light, separated my firestarters into three kits and put each in a different pocket, braided my rope and paracord, socks, extra shirts, some off-brand clothing to fit different crowds, batteries, airpistol because it's light and why not, empty camelback in the pouch. All I need now is personnal medical kit, a copy of it for the belt rig, and I think it should be set, but I'm not really sure. Just packed up the must have items in my library and built a duffel for the extra games and books I wanted to bring for endurance. Still building the endurance pack and I'm not really sure what I need but it's already two-thirds clothing.
>>
>>30964050
>Hunker down
>Taking the shit that ends up hitting the fan.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.