[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCCY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: SCCY-9mm-2.jpg (135KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
SCCY-9mm-2.jpg
135KB, 900x600px
What are the general pros and cons of this gun. I just bought one yesterday, since I turned 21, and am wondering if anybody has any past experience with one?
>>
>>30959943
Pros
>Dirt cheap
>Not a Saturday Night Special
>Concealable
>Works excellent for price
>Various stock aesthetic choices.

Cons
>No after market.
>Outclassed by other similar sized guns
>/k/ will laugh and call you a poorfag.
>>
Been carrying one for 3 yrs haven't had a problem yet
>>
>>30961977
Wait til you shoot it, then you'll see!
>>
>>30961977
Haha, poorfag.
>>
>>30959943
I bought one last week. It does have a decent aftermarket btw. Based on reviews it seems unbeatable for the money.
>>
File: 1422668637862.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1422668637862.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>30959943
I picked up a Desantis Superfly for mine. Seems like about the smallest double stack 9mm which makes it fit well in the pocket carry dept.
>>
>>30962119
I've had a similar scrabble situation happen. I had "V A G I N S Q" and an "a" on the board with enough space open. I pussied out because my grandma was playing.
On topic: solid little CC gun, it'll go bang when you need it to. I think extra mags may be pricey, but I could be wrong. How many mags did it come with?
>>
>>30962180
Mine came with 2 mags, pinky hook baseplates, gun specific trigger lock, and a cardboard box.
>>
>>30959943
Its a great gun for the price, and compared to any other gun on the planet, it is an OK gun that shoots most anything reliably. Its made in Daytona, FL.

personal opinion. That is one long ass trigger pull. not a fan of that.

However....

http://gallowayprecision.com/sccy/cpx-2/storm-adjustable-trigger-for-sccy-cpx-2-pistols/

Fixed. honestly anything for the SCCY from galloway is good stuff.

dont like that trigger? here.
http://www.rtktriggers.com/DisplayStorm.html

want more ammo? Here is more ammo.

http://www.x-calibearusa.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6635803
maybe you only want half of that?
http://www.x-calibearusa.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5074388
there is 15 rounds instead. wimp.

SCCY CX-2 is like the 1990s honda civics of guns.

Its cheap, but good enough, and with just a little bit of work, it starts getting fun.
>>
>>30962472
Everything this man says is true.
>>
>>30962180
Based Granny would have done it to you. Shame on you for not playing the best word you had.
>>
>>30959943
I compared it to the p11 to which it is a "clone". As a negative it can't use stock ruger p89 mags. As a positive it has a better warranty and according to my research in reviews is more reliable. Seems like a decent choice to me.
>>
>>30959943
i dont have experience with them myself but take a note. Ask for reviews and opinions on a firearm BEFORE you buy it anon, dont buy something and THEN try to justify it. that being said congrats on owning a pistol and hope it works well for you
>>
File: 1467093195014.jpg (111KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
1467093195014.jpg
111KB, 500x214px
>>30962828
Good advice, but you did alright anon. Plus it has a stainless steel slide and barrel which is unheard of at it's price range.
>>
Overall it's a good fucking gun and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The only reason I don't own one is because DAO sucks balls and the trigger pull on top of that sucks.
>>
>>30962876
i wasnt trying to be rude with the statement >>30962828 for the record. I made a mistake on my first pistol by some peoples account and bought a taurus pt111 g2, its been good for me but always ask around first
>>
Research after buying, do you also measure after cutting?
>>
>>30959943
no pros, all cons
>>
>>30959943
Is that a piece of the frame broken off in the front?
>>
>>30964720
this
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.