[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ So my father has a big birthday coming up and he is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hey /k/
So my father has a big birthday coming up and he is a huge WW2 history guy. For the last 25 years of my existence like most kids my sister and I have got him shitty gifts because that's what kids are good at. But this year I want to get him something he will truly like and cherish. Because of his huge love of WW2 history, mainly Band of Brothers and Easy Company. I was thinking about getting him a ww2 M1 Garand. It's time to pay him back for raising 2 successful hardworking children. My question is have any of you ever bought a gun as a present? What are some of the hurdles to expect? Any words of caution or advice are appreciated. Thanks.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
That's a sweet idea. Someday I want to get my dad a blunderbuss, since he likes shotguns and pirate history and stuff. I think it would be nice.
>>
Buy the rifle and give it to him

Check state laws of course. Some states will try to fuck you. Other than that, if you're in the land of the free, you're good to go.
>>
>>30959340
If you go the cmp route realize it could take a while. I ordered my service grade in February and got it in June.
>>
>>30959340
k
>>
>>30959470
While cmp is a good way to go, if me and a sibling are going to pitch in on a big present in apprciation for a dad/mom who gave us a pretty good life, I wouldn't mind taking the $+ hit for a prettier gun from a shop or a collector.
I mean, this isn't going to be a constant every birthday and lord knows how much our parents have dumped into us.
>>
Local laws aside, if you buy or do a transfer via an 01, just check the box that it's a gift and you can give it to him no issue.

I don't recall the CMP form, but I think there's also space to say that it's being bought as a gift.
>>
>>30961137
They usually have very nice rifles for sale. they are graded and graded well.

Now that that has been said, i dont know if they are sold out or not
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>30959340
Youre a damn good guy OP, your dads gonna be a happy dude
>>
>>30962888
They've been for a while now, last I heard they're putting together new ones and letting the public know when they're ready
>>
>>30959470
You got yours that fast? Lucky bastard.
>>
>>30959340
wish you were my son.
>>
>>30959340
ok
>>
Get a M1 paratrooper carbine.
Pros
Light has multiple mag options
.30 carbine good for HD.
Looks badass.
>>
>>30963515
this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.