[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /k/ approve the use of chemical weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

File: agent orange.jpg (23KB, 450x358px) Image search: [Google]
agent orange.jpg
23KB, 450x358px
does /k/ approve the use of chemical weapons?
>>
>>30958528
Is that the Koolaid man?
>>
>>30958654
OH YEAH
>>
Of course not! If we kill them all with gas, how will I shoot them I ask you?
>>
>>30958816
That's a good point
>>
>>30958703
I understood this reference
>>
>>30958528
ass chem
>>
I mean if you want to be efficient, and you can stop yourself from being fucked over by it then yeah go right ahead.

> But efficient isn't fun in this case.
>>
Is that actually Agent Orange, himself?????
>>
>>30958528
As the last resort.

It's a good way of saying "jokes over, fuck off".
>>
>>30958528
Yes, any means to end a war quickly is good.
>>
>>30958528
I feel that the only time chemical weapons would be used would be a stalemate ground war with China. I fell that they would start having that Russia "FIRE EVERYTHING/ONE" mentality and then the US would utilize VX on Beijing and just brutalize them into submission(or start global thermonuclear war)
>>
Not against other white countries
>>
>>30961052
agent orange wasnt a chemical weapon. it was a defoliant with lousy side-effects.
>>
>>30958816
Use a heavy, caustic gas that settles in low places like trenches, bunkers, foxholes, etc.

The enemy will be forced to abandon dug-in positions and expose himself to your gunfire.
>>
File: 214743LOGO.jpg (21KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
214743LOGO.jpg
21KB, 400x225px
>>30962202

This. Human beings deserve a chance to prove themselves in combat but the filthy brown cockroaches infesting the rest of society need fumigating.
>>
>>30958528
>Implying comp B isn't chemical
>Implying lead isn't a chemical
>>
File: 1467594786778.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467594786778.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>30962601
>being a faggot
>>
>>30958528
lol what a retard. didnt even use a gasmask
>>
>>30961052
It is I, Agent Orange!
>>
>>30958528
No. Fuck no! But im not opposed to keeping them locked up for research and also ready for last resort shit
>>
>>30958528
the very idea that a weapon of war is banned because its too terrible is ludicrous. war itself is too terrible. you should at least consider using any and all weapons in your arsenal.

if it has its place, use it. nuclear, chemical, biological, electronic/cyber, what have you.

this is on the premise that your total war isn't just some limited war political bullshit. its for when your very way of life is at stake or you are trying to annihilate your enemy.

use what ya brung and bring everything
>>
>>30958528
Chemical weapons are only used as a giant 'fuck you' to the people you are fighting, so not really.
>>
Chemical weapons are shit because if the wind changes direction your troops are fucked deep in the ass
>>
File: camillaicon.jpg (162KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
camillaicon.jpg
162KB, 400x400px
>>30962225
i like the way you think
>>
File: 1466147890485.jpg (84KB, 538x725px) Image search: [Google]
1466147890485.jpg
84KB, 538x725px
>>30962202
>>30962236
>>
Ranking of deaths by NBC Weapons from most preferable to least:

>Center of A-Bomb blast radius >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> peripheral Nuke blast radius>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chemical>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Biological.
>>
>>30964908
This isnt WW1 m8
>>
>>30958528
i don't speak for all of /k/ and i'm sure i'm going to get called a libtard for this, but i disapprove, especially in this case of Agent Orange. The whole point of the Genevan Convention, the modern "rules of war", was (more than anything) to say "don't wantonly kill innocent people to win wars, kill soldiers". I mean, just look at photos of kids from Nam-- even USA soldiers from Nam-- who got just utterly fucked due to AO. I mean, that's not just a burden on the family (having to care for a deformed downie with cancer) but it's dooming a kid to a life of misery and pain. Shit's fucked up, man.
>>
File: 398.gif (538KB, 265x322px) Image search: [Google]
398.gif
538KB, 265x322px
>>30965271
>>
File: ghoul.jpg (90KB, 643x523px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul.jpg
90KB, 643x523px
>>30958528
Whadya lookin' at, smoothskin?
>>
File: 1383895922592.jpg (93KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1383895922592.jpg
93KB, 420x420px
>>30961052
>>
File: 1421102187294.png (17KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
1421102187294.png
17KB, 691x597px
>>30965399
Holy moly
>>
>>30965414
Kind of related kind of unrelated
>be kid
>new neighbor moves into shitty rundown house caddycorner to mine
>dude always sitting on front porch
>has mean looking pitbull on chain
>literally always sitting on front porch
>dude himself looks mean as fuck too
>steer clear, hope to god baseball/football never lands overthere
>one day it does
>fuck it, approach driveway, guy calls dog to his side
>pitbull very friendly, its still a pup
>guy is missing teeth, very rough looking, pretty white trash
>come to find out guy is very very nice
>actually keeps an eye on everyones shit for us
>remember a few times where he came over and told dad about suspicious persons or ran some punk kid off other neighbors property
>grow up, young adult now
>come to find out he was in nam
>always on porch because he is on disability, probably cant afford tv/cable, lives very simple/frugal life
>his family sucks and are all bad eggs/white trash retards he resents
>fast forward years later
>on porch less
>now with oxygen, always hacking and choking
>dad starts checking on him, starts telling dad stories
>man was a sailor during 'nam
>boiler explodes on ship
>him and fellow sailors ordered to 'repair' it
>men climb inside boiler, spending days scraping away asbestos lining in boiler
>just following orders
>years and years later, gets mesothelioma, and just about every lung problem related to that shit you can get
>everyone else who worked with him, same condition
>gov't won't take responibility
>acts like it wasn't their fault
>nah you totally didn't get mesothelioma from that ship, was definitely somewhere else
>can't get help/care he deserves
>luckily old enough for medicare benifits to kick in, better than nothing but medicare isn't that great
>gradually on porch less and less
>condition starts going to hell
>last couple years of life i'm sure pure misery
>goes through round after round of cancer treatment, all futile
>passes away a couple years ago
Feels bad man.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>30961052
No this is
>>
>>30958528
Aren't chemical weapons not particularly effective?
As in they don't surpass the effectiveness of bombing or artillery.
>>
>>30967648
FUCK that man

I know a guy who has to get annual meso checkups for the rest of his life just because he worked on a railway building shit and got exposed once. FUCK FUCK FUCK that story, dude should have refused to do it, better being brig'd than certain horrible death (for no good reason, dying in a battle is still shitty but at least understandable)
>>
>>30968145
>>30967648
I knew the son of a guy who worked in a place where they work with asbestos before they knew how fucked up it was. Every evening he would come home and the son would hug him and playfight. The clothes the dad wore were ridden with asbestos fibres. The dad died years later from lung problems and the kid was getting sick as well. They had a years and years long fight with the company and government (who didnt make laws for protection for workers even though they knew that it was deadly because lobbies) for reparations. They got it in the end but quite some people already died from lung cancer, so they didnt have to pay those folks. Then two years later he died as well.
>>
>>30958528
Not at all. They're a horrifying and inhumane and yet efficient way to kill, which is exactly what they were designed to be. My issue with them is twofold. There is of course the simple fact of the horrifying nature of the things. But there's also the fact that they're horribly indiscriminate. A soldier with his rifle picks and chooses his targets. Grenades are thrown into specific places, and every man is pretty fucking particular about where he puts even something as nasty as a landmine. Chemical weapons are different. The wind blows the wrong way and BAM, you're gassing a civilian population or worse yet, yourselves. That shit spreads and lingers, and some, like Agent Orange, destroy the environment. Not to sound like a hippy, but the environment is pretty important. It sustains all life, so I don't particularly like it to be fucked with. And have I mentioned that AO tended to give everyone fucking cancer? Jesus man, think of the civilians. In addition, war is generally waged not for genocide but for land, resources, all that good shit. Land is bloody useless if you've killed everything on it and a lot of resources can get pretty fucked up by chem warfare- especially water, which may very well be what the next war between real nations is for. And it's bad for your PR. So not only are they morally reprehensible, they're flat stupid.
>>
>>30968135
They would be more effective if they had been in full blown development for the last 50 years. Read up on some of the stuff they were working on after ww2 before chemical weapons became totally gauche . Cool ideas like giving entire populations temporary blindness, which I know sounds pretty fucked up but imagine how well it would pacify cities filled with savages.

Their is also talk of psychotropic chemical weapons that would strip the enemy of the will to fight. Delivery mechanisms were never worked out, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

If you have not seen it, check out the video of a bunch of British soldiers on exercise being given LSD to see the drugs effect on a soldiers ability to fight.
>>
>>30968874
interestingly, the primary chemical in Agent Orange/Blue and the other rainbow defoliants weren't particularly dangerous
they were all contaminated by other horrible chemicals from manufacturing and THOSE caused all the birth defects
gov't just didn't give a shit because it was gooks
>>
the idea of a war crime is a modern jew invention.
All that matters in war is winning, the mongols or the romans would have nuked your ass in a second.

The mongols themselves used to catapult plague victim bodies into Ukraine for shits and giggles
>>
>>30958528
Hell the fuck yes. I'm not one of those whiteknights who likes to fight fair... I like sniping, assassinations, poison, and gas.

Sarin gives me a boner... I'm too lazy to look it up but there are vids on liveleak of a building of people being killed by sarin gas, it kills an incredible amount of people for very little effort or cost.
>>
>>30969523
>>If you have not seen it, check out the video of a bunch of British soldiers on exercise being given LSD to see the drugs effect on a soldiers ability to fight.
I remember american research on it. They were told to report how they felt and make a simple drawing. First they felt different, then they were fully tripping, then they felt awful and just wished they never took that shit.

What would be interesting is when they have some big football match or baseball match where they expect riots they should try putting all the money for security into huge weed bonfires rather than police. They'd be too stoned to riot.
>>
>>30959045
That's literally just a reference to the Kool-aid man, stop thinking you're special
>>
>>30969591

What are you, 20?

Edgy shit does not fly when you realize that modern countries are capable of retaliating very easily against civilian population if they want to.

You have to be careful or the other guys are going to take from you what you take from them - especially if it is the civilian population.
>>
>>30969681
>implying a country will ever hurt america beyond desperate shit like pearl harbor

we got them japs back good with the nukes
>>
>>30969624

Yeah don't join the military or CT, mate
>>
File: hello_atf.png (377KB, 1296x2870px) Image search: [Google]
hello_atf.png
377KB, 1296x2870px
Read up on nerve gas kiddos, it's mad interesting. Not the most horrifying out there but certainly quite efficient.
As for using them, I don't know, it's war I guess. It all boils down to personal opinion and whatever you think a human life is worth.
>>
>>30969732

Yes, a top secret new weapon.

Yet nobody thought "lets drop gas into their biggest population centers" because they were civilized.

Also, what cold war is, is a situation where everyone knew that IF they used nukes, the other side would retaliate.

This is what would happen without rules. Common sense won back then, though.
>>
>>30969753
That's honestly why I haven't.
>>
>>30969772
>Common sense won back then, though.
except che wouldve shot the nukes if they got to china. Only because some russians had to balls to turn around the ship we got away with it as is.
>>
There's war and there's war.
There's the "nation building" wars lately, where the worst thing to happen is giant embarrassment and an unstable area somewhere on the other end of the world. Gas would not help there anyway.
There's great power plays, where powerful nations battle it out for a bit of territroy, influence, or just stupid misunderstandings. They've become few in the past few decades.
But there's also the kind of "end of our nation and our way of life" war, and if any and all technology will help you win it (or achieve an acceptable settlement), you have a right and duty to use it.
>>
>>30969663
>That's literally just a reference to the Kool-aid man, stop thinking you're special
He still understood it
>>
File: 1413402424999.png (262KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413402424999.png
262KB, 500x600px
>>30965437
>>
>>30969974
do you love brown people? lol
>>
>>30969974
i want the redditors to leave
>>
>>30958528
I don't but not mainly for reasons of how painful it is to the first people it hits
more that the collateral damage can persist in birth defects and deformed plants decades later

land mine fields blowing people up well after a war has finished is one thing
but at least the people born there would live a healthy life before getting crippled or killed
with chemical weapons none even stands a chance of a good life
>>
>>30962202
lol at how many allied troops got their own encampments gassed by friendly fire
>>
File: zimbabwe strong.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe strong.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>30965271
>>30969974
Are you this vehemently opposed to anti white racism as well? Or do you just subscribe to one incredibly biased worldview while shitposting like a motherfucker without any actual explanation?
What is wrong with not liking brown people? Not a single brown, black or yellow person is ever chastised for being wary, mistreating or even abusing a white on a skin colour basis.
That is what I call REAL racism.
I don't blame blacks for beign wary of whites with Jim Crow laws and widespread anti black racism.
Somehow coloureds (and you?) do take offense on me being wary of their erratic violent behaviour, incredibly shit culture and short fuse.

Fucking hypocrite libshit.
>>
File: nvm.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
nvm.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>30964801
ever think of set piece battle or a battle field
its an old hat idea that you don't fight in major city's or too close to a major food source
why it came about is that in Europe the battles got so ruthless that by the time battle was finished there was no land or spoils left to capture
only salted earth poisoned wells and hell fire
>>
>>30969762
I can't help but think these instructions should not be available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack
>>
>>30970159
Eh... there's a difference between acknowledging... "differences" and dehumanizing to the point where you want to gas them all to death.

Of course, "anti-racists" will never admit that, so right-wing restraint when it comes to racism is both pointless and rare.
>>
>>30965414
uh, as previously stated, agent orange isnt a chemical weapon and wasnt being used as such.

It was utilized to clear jungle and trees from operations areas. They didnt even know about the hazards it represented until later, because they didnt know that manufacturing it in a certain way caused a chemical reaction that made it toxic.

read a book, nigger
>>
>>30970338
get out commie
>>
>>30969591
you do realize that WW2 was fought without chemical weapons, despite the ability of all sides to field chemical weapons, which invalidates your argument
>>
>>30962218
>agent orange wasnt a chemical weapon. it was a defoliant with lousy side-effects.

>wasnt a chemical weapon

>defoliant

you're dumb.
>>
>>30969663

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 549x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 549x225px
>>30969540
>tfw my grandpa delivered agent orange to Vietnam
>>
>>30970338
It was easier for them to create sarin since some precursors for sarin are not forbidden in japan.
>>
>>30968135
So far in actual usage they've been pretty shit.

But then again, the only people to have actually used them AS A WEAPON since WW1 have been middle eastern muzzies. And as everybody knows, muslims *and* middle easterners suck at war. Which is why the region's been in constant war for the last 2300+ years and still has people living there.

Theoretically, with the most modern chemical weapons being used by a white world power, they would be devastatingly effective. But that will never happen, because the next step up from conventional munitions for all white world powers is nukes.
>>
>>30968145
...you do know that we didn't realize asbestos caused all the problems it causes until like the mid-80's, right?
>>
>>30970159
>"I'm just wary of bad behavior from certain people that usually comes from these groups."
>LOL USE CHEMICALS ON NON-WHITES.
Said the hypocrite.
>>
>>30970810
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_chemical_weapons_program#Iran.E2.80.93Iraq_War
Not as effective as one would have thought, but not exactly shit either. Which only reinforces your point of course.
>>
>>30969974
>not knowing the true face of /pol/
<being this new
>>
>>30962225
I prefer napalm for that, but that works too.
>>
>>30970865
>dropped several THOUSAND TONS of blister and nerve agents on densely populated civilian cities over the course of ~5 years
>none of these cities evacuated
>none of these cities had CBRN detection or warning systems, or air raid sirens, or any other early-warning system
>killed less than 10,000 people and seriously wounded less than 20,000 people
>managed to shell friendly positions twice, shot into the wind and had blowback resulting in casualties 4x
I wouldn't call that "not exactly shit either". It is the epitome of shit.
>>
no, you should only use federal ammo from buds gun shop to kill all your 2 liter enemies I say.
>>
>>30970946
I agree. It should also be used to see if you can reach out and hit that gong.
>>
>>30970159
Hey can you stop using unnecessarily big words? It doesn't make your genes anymore diverse, thanks.
>>
>>30967648
My father was exposed to loads of Agent Orange in Vietnam as a Combat Controller.

For decades, it didn't effect him, up until the 1990's, when his legs started shaking. He got Parkinson's Disease from Agent Orange exposure, and for just about all of my life, he was suffering from it.

In his last three years of life, he spent them totally bedridden. My Mom, Brother and Myself were taking 24/7 care of him.

Shit sucked man. At least we were there when he was finally relieved of his pain
>>
>>30970159
> Not a single brown, black or yellow person is ever chastised for being wary, mistreating or even abusing a white on a skin colour basis
Do you like, think before you start typing? Do you seriously think that in the history of the modern world, there has not been a SINGLE person of color who A) committed a crime against a white person, and B) Was punished for it? Are you seriously this fucking retarded?
That's like saying "No one has ever made a touch down in football, EVER." It's just fucking stupid and wrong.
>shitposting like a motherfucker
Talk about calling the kettle black.
Go back to /pol/ and let me talk about guns ffs.
>>
File: laura_nelson_high_res.jpg (208KB, 682x971px) Image search: [Google]
laura_nelson_high_res.jpg
208KB, 682x971px
>>30970159
>Not a single brown, black or yellow person is ever chastised for being wary, mistreating or even abusing a white on a skin colour basis.
what about all those black people who were killed by lynch mobs for "raping" (ie; looking at) a white woman? or is that just a libshit myth?
>>
>>30970338
So, should we ban chemistry books? Knowledge itself? There's no way to prevent people from learning how to do things.
>>
>>30969523
>temporary blindness
>temporary

That's ok, if it were permanent then it'd be pretty fucked
>>
>>30972984
You cannot accurately dose poison gas on a population. Sure the average test subject in a controlled environment might have sight loss for a certain time. But what if there is someone who is ill and weakened, what if someone falls facefirst into a gas dispenser and gets a hundred time to recommended dose, what if due the war people have eaten very little or just very basic food with no vitamins. Meanwhile its non-lethal nature gives it a very low barrier of deployment.
>>
>>30972423
They were certainly lots of lynchings for rape, because the carpetbagger authorities would not prosecute any black whose victim was a southern white. There has only been one documented case of a lynching of a black person without strong evidence that they were a rapist or other violent criminal.
>>
>>30973165
Sure thing billy bob
>>
>>30972423
i think he is talking about modern society.

and in those days if you were white or black, if the town thought you did wrong then even if you innocent you guilty.
>>
>>30970816
....sure just like we didn't know that lead wasn't great to put into everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraethyllead
>>
>>30973244
>if the town thought you did wrong then even if you innocent you guilty.
that kind of thing is coming back
not sure quite what to call it but the gist is if your not guilty why would you be accused ?
and if your going to be summarily executed why would you run ?
>>
File: 4dsoldiers2.jpg (566KB, 1243x773px) Image search: [Google]
4dsoldiers2.jpg
566KB, 1243x773px
>>30968135
They actually really aren't that effective. It's a weapon that's at the mercy of the elements, and though it could in theory cause a lot of casaulties they pose an inherent risk of harming your own troops. And especially when nowadays most world powers have gas masks and NBC suits at the ready, the effectiveness is reduced significantly, as the only casualties would be in the first few seconds the gas attack begins.

I'm talking of course, about asphyxiants and burning agents, but tear gas and white phosphorus still have value.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.