[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger 10/22 long rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1150.jpg (25KB, 825x195px) Image search: [Google]
1150.jpg
25KB, 825x195px
>decided first rifle would be the ruger 10/22
>went to store to check out the guns

The Ruger they had there was called
RUG 10/22DSP DLXW.

Does anyone know what this means? Trying to figure out what model this is.

Internet searches are leading me to believe it is a Ruger 10/22 Sporter Deluxe, but can anyone confirm this? I have the serial number handy. Is there a way to use this to confirm?

Would $263.50 USD be a good buy for this rifle?

Thanks.
>>
That's a sporter deluxe probably in walnut, 263.50 is an excellent deal
>>
>>30957442
thanks for the confirmation.

is there any reason I wouldn't want the sporter compared to other ruger 10/22 models?
>>
Personally think its too much. You can get normal used 10/22 for sub $100. occasionally older models as well. The delux sporter is just more gucci, the walnut is nice but the long barrel adds nothing to ballistics. $260 is just barely under retail of $400ish. So unless its in prestine condition its not that great of a deal.
>>
File: image.png (497KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
497KB, 750x1334px
Not really, but go to Ruger.com and download their product catalog pdf, you will see the other models of 10/22, Ruger is an outstanding firearms company with excellent support and the 10/22 is a highly popular platform. Maybe you want one that breaks down in the middle or one with a different stock or w/e but the sporter withwalnut stock would provide you with a beautiful rifle that you can pass down to your kids.
>>
>>30957516

It is brand new.
>>
>>30957516
Nigger, walnut is not cheap, and your pricing examples are mostly irrelevant. You can't even get a walnut dlx on gunbroker that low. OP doesn't want a worn out 10/22.
>>
>>30957516
>long barrel adds nothing to ballistics
>go find a used one

the adults are talking now, please go clean your room
>>
>>30957516

What the fuck

That's an amazing price
>>
File: maple takedown.jpg (882KB, 1347x600px) Image search: [Google]
maple takedown.jpg
882KB, 1347x600px
>>30957560
ya, I can not find a walnut one anywhere that low with a cursory search. OP, lots of people have standard 10/22's in beech and birch, the checkered walnut is worth the slightly extra cash in this situation. If it was $400 then maybe consider other options but $263.50 is very very good.
Oh and check out this maple takedown nigger

nice wood is nice.
>>
>>30957422
what store was this OP
>>
>>30957422
do you really want the walnut stock? if you're not set on it, try looking for one of the 50th anniversary collectors edition rifles. I got mine for under $200 including shipping/FFL fees on my end, and it has the nice upgraded fiberoptic sights , and comes with an extra magazine (in a free state, it's a 25 round banana mag which is a great deal).
>>
>>30957636

Military Base Exchange.
>>
>>30957422

>be you
>Buy 10/22 with Walnut stock
>Choose one with best wood
>Remove stock, add a BOYDS thumbhole
>Either sell walnut of Ebay as new, or put it back on for "special occasions"
>Winning
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.