[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HK P2000: the redheaded stepchild of the current HK lineup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

File: FullSizeRender.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Any P2000 owners out there? How do you like it? Would you recommend it to others?

I hear a lot about the P30 and VP9, and even the USP, but most people seem to ignore the P2000. Why is that?

Is it because it was only top-of-the-line for 5 years before the P30 came out? Was the P2000 like the M14, a stopgap nobody really needed?

Asking because I've always liked them and am looking at getting one. Would rather not if there's something wrong with it that makes the USP or P30 better.
>>
>>30957379
Don't quote me on this but, I believe the USP is more durably built. I actually wonder why nobody talks much about the HK45, since it's the only HK with the p2000 style grip and a modern rail on it.

Nothing wrong with it if thats what your asking OP
>>
>>30957379
There is nothing wrong and it's really the same gun but for cc. Get the SK model if you're wanting one. I ccw a USPc and love it.
>>
>>30957437
Yeah that's strange. So many people get raging boners for the USP45, but I never hear about the HK45.

>>30957444
Yeah I know the P2000 is pretty much a USP Compact Gen 2. I was going to get the standard P2000, seems the perfect size for CC. It's about the size of a G19 but the frame is a little thinner.
>>
>>30957379

I have a P2000 LEM

Ran into an old acquaintance at the gun shop. He bought if from an employee. He is a 22lr guy, and prefers revolvers for defense (older guy).

He sold it to me for $400

I love it.
It is basically a refined and updates USPcompact.
>Ambi controls
>rail
>thinner
>same mags as USPc

It has never jammed at the range, in a class, or competition. I've shot thousands of rounds through it, and it's one of my top favorite handguns.

I would recommend it 100%

As accurate as any other semi I own.

Nice ergo's
>>
>>30957379
They come in 357sig so they are the best HK handguns.
>>
I have one. Love it. Decocker is weird. But it makes it kinda unique. Good second weapon to put in your car or bag or whatever. I carry my Glock 43 anytime over the p2000. But that's only bc of comfort and wardrobe.
>>
File: 20160810_190625.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160810_190625.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>30957379
The P2000 is all right.

My dad has one and I have a P30. Comparing the two, the P2000 feels like a half step into a USP 2.0. The P2000 really should have came with an extended magazine release lever and a 1913 rail.

The USP, P2000, and P30/HK45 are all great pistols, but I think the '30/HK45 are the greatest.
>>
>>30957552
Good to hear bro, thanks.

>>30957579
So did the USP, or at least the USP Compact

>>30957593
I kind of like the decocker design, it's out of the way, not right next to or integrated into other controls like a SIG or USP. I guess other people liked the decocker too as it made it into the P30.
>>
File: HK45-week1-trough.jpg (122KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
HK45-week1-trough.jpg
122KB, 1200x800px
>>30957615
The P2000 is basically an improved USP Compact so I see where you're getting that impression.

I've heard from some people that they prefer the smaller mag release though, as the P30/HK45 release is so big it can be accidentally pressed by accident? I've fired a P30 and haven't had that happen, but it seems a common enough complaint.

Also seeing as you have a P30, how do you feel about the "trough" in the trigger guard? I've read a bunch of people bitching about it and a few who even sold their P30 to get a P2000 because they hated it so much.
>>
Have one, love it
V3 in 9mm
I guess it doesn't garner the pretige that the USP series does but it fits hand like a glove
Honestly if I had to chooses between the p2000 and a USP I would take the p2000 the ergos are on point

(Full size USP best polymer pistol ever made FYI)
>>
>>30957645
Hitting the release by accident on the P30 has never been a problem for me. The trough doesn't bother me either. This may be because I have small hands and don't use gloves.

It's all up to the individual and how the pistol fits them, I guess. The P30 has been perfect for me all throughout, but others' mileage may vary.
>>
>>30957463
I'd get the SK but that's me personally.
>>
>>30957712
P30 fag here. I'd get the P2000, P2000SK, and the P30SK all.
>>
>>30957379
>wanting to pay h&k prices for something that looks like a hi-point

No
>>
>>30957695
Thanks bro.

I have large hands and didn't have that problem, so I'm presuming those people just weren't holding the pistol properly.

>>30957712
I don't want something that small, or else I'd get one.

>>30957743
HK's dropped the price on them. They're $600 new now. I'm getting one, plus an extra mag, in a trade for a G34 I paid $500 for.
>>
File: IMAG0314.jpg (260KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0314.jpg
260KB, 600x800px
The p2000 is the USP's awesome lil bro.
>>
>>30957444
You only say that because you have the USPc. If this is his first gun or he just wants a shootable 9mm he should just get the regular P2000.
>>
>>30957615
>>30957645
You can put the Hk45c mag release on any HK gun with metal magazines.
>>
>>30957875
Not anywhere near my first gun, but I don't like carrying subcompacts generally. I started off carrying small guns then moved to mid/full size and don't see the point in going back. Also the P2000 would also be used as an HD gun.
>>
>>30957379
If you buy one, get it in .357 sig with a decocker. otherwise you're a faggot
>>
>>30957927
You should get a long gun for home defense.
>>
>>30957982
When I can afford an AR I will.
>>
>>30958015
If you're buying an HK pistol new you can afford an AR
https://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/?cat=52
>>
>>30958092
P2000s are $600 new these days. I'm getting one in a trade, not buying.

I'm broke as fuck and only have one gun at the moment. I'd rather have something I can use for both carry and home defense.
>>
>>30958132
God speed, if you are curious about the other varieties of poorfaggotry I can link to some real steel Turk clones
>>
>>30958156
Thank you anon

I'm Greek, so no turkshit for me. I'd rather just get another CZ
>>
>>30958132
They make AR-15s for 600 dollars, and they make shotguns for 400 dollars.
>>
>>30957379
Like many of HK's guns, particularly their post-USP pistols, it was designed for the specific demands of a particular contract, and then some minor changes were made to make it more appealing to the civilian market and the LE/Mil market as a whole. If you know what you want, the P2000 can be just right for you. If you need a manual safety, or a full size pistol, though, the P2000 is out, which probably explains why it's not that popular when the USP and P30 are.

There are a couple oddities with the design that might explain why it's unpopular as well. The backstrap doubles as the mainspring housing, which creates a constant tension holding it away from the frame and exaggerating the gap between the backstrap and the frame. The magazine release is the small type, in spite of the P30 being released not too long after and having the new, larger type. No forward cocking serrations on the slide. Slightly worse trigger than the USPc.

Oddly enough, the HK45c, which has the same grip type and size profile, ended up being very popular, although I don't know why people go so crazy for a compact .45 caliber pistol that only holds 8 rounds.
>>
>>30957645
>as the P30/HK45 release is so big it can be accidentally pressed by accident? I've fired a P30 and haven't had that happen, but it seems a common enough complaint.
I've literally never heard a single person complain about this.

>Also seeing as you have a P30, how do you feel about the "trough" in the trigger guard?
This depends on the person. I've never had an issue, but people with different shaped hands hate it.
>>
>>30958132
They used to be $900, so that's a good deal. I think it's only a matter of time before USPs and P30's come down to the same price range.
>>
>>30958543
I my be swapping out my extended mag release on my USP40 due to accidental mag releases during mag drills. It doesn't happen super often but it does happen. And that's with a brand new spring and release.
>>
>>30958531
>The backstrap doubles as the mainspring housing, which creates a constant tension holding it away from the frame and exaggerating the gap between the backstrap and the frame. The magazine release is the small type, in spite of the P30 being released not too long after and having the new, larger type. No forward cocking serrations on the slide. Slightly worse trigger than the USPc.
I have fired P2000s alongside USPcs, and have not noticed any of these problems. You can replace the mag release with the one from the HK45c. Not that it is needed. You also don't need front cocking serrations, even for press checks.

>I don't know why people go so crazy for a compact .45 caliber pistol that only holds 8 rounds.

Thats normal for a compact .45 the G30 has more, but it also has a fat fucking grip and needs an extended magazine to do it.

People like comfortable concealable handguns ready for suppressors.
>>
>>30958579
You aren't supposed to use it on the Fullsize guns anyway since they use polymer mags.
>>
>>30958579
This: >>30959106

If you look carefully at the original mag release on your USP40, you'll see that it is completely polymer. The extended mag release has a metal ledge that holds the magazine. Metal can abrade plastic. Take a close look at your magazines to see if the retaining ledge has been abraded or rounded off.
>>
>>30959096
>I have fired P2000s alongside USPcs, and have not noticed any of these problems.
They're not problems. I'm just trying to explain why the market doesn't seem to *prefer* the P2000.
>>
>>30957379
I own a P2000 LEM chambered in .40, and I carry it occasionally

It's pretty damn thick for someone skinny like me to comfortably conceal, but it hides well at 5 oclock. The ambi slide stop is the greatest thing ever, because I'm left handed. It handles really well when drawing and shooting.
Overall, I really like it.
>>
>>30958328
Re-read what I said. I'm broke as fuck and have one gun. I'm trading that one gun for another. I could sell it and buy an AR, but then I wouldn't have a carry gun.
>>
>>30959874
I see now, just know that you can use P30 mags and all mag accessories in the P2000.
>>
File: 20160812_161828_HDR-1.jpg (822KB, 2606x1919px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_161828_HDR-1.jpg
822KB, 2606x1919px
>>30959314
This is how all my mags look, nice sharp edges. Most of them are damn near new. I'll have to pull out my mag release to check if it's metal tipped.
>>
>>30959918
Yeah I just learned that earlier. Good to know.
>>
I have a P2000. I've installed the light LEM trigger and HK45c magazine release. It's very similar to the USPc with improved ergonomics and a more standard accessory rail. The trigger isn't quite as nice as you can make a USP trigger ( match in particular) but it's ok. Good break slightly long reset. I carry it pretty often. Seems like a tough gun though it does lack the awesome USP buffer system.
>>
>>30957379
So, H&K has a few pistols in 45acp all except the mark23 has less than 12 rds and the mark23 and the mark23 doesn't have a modern rail system. I'll stick with my 13 round xdm 45 thanks. h&k gets too much hype
>>
>>30960293
>Seems like a tough gun though it does lack the awesome USP buffer system.

No it doesn't, it has the recoil buffer. You are thinking of the recoil reduction system the fullsize USP has.
>>
>>30957743
Solid fucking input right there.
>>
>>30960295
Yeah, those guns are known for breaking while ours aren't. Also the USP fullsize has 12 rounds with superior accuracy, reliability and durability.
>>
>>30960346
No it isn't, you would know that if you read the thread.
>>
>>30960304

Yes...the USP buffer system. The buffer system that is in the USP. The spring system that buffers the USP recoil rod.

The one the P2000 does not have because it's just got a polymer buffer.

Are you arguing minor semantics because you're an autist or do you just lack reading comprehension?
>>
>>30960378
Known for breaking? By who? Who knows that? The xdm torture tests on YouTube and lack of any real negative studies would argue otherwise. The h&k's are overpriced it won't be long before the market corrects itself
>>
>>30960391
Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text, my bad.
>>
>>30960427
>Yes...the USP buffer system. The buffer system that is in the USP. The spring system that buffers the USP recoil rod.

That is called the "recoil reduction system". The USPc and P2000 has the plastic buffer that does something similar. FYI the plastic buffer makes recoil softer, but doesn't slow the action down as much.

>The one the P2000 does not have because it's just got a polymer buffer.

Thats still a buffer system.

>Are you arguing minor semantics because you're an autist or do you just lack reading comprehension?

This is what you said

>Seems like a tough gun though it does lack the awesome USP buffer system.
>lack the awesome USP buffer system.
>lack
>buffer system

Then you admit in this very comment I am replying too. It has a buffer system in it.
>>
>>30960474

>specify USP buffer system
>contrast with polymer buffer

So it was reading comprehension, got it.
>>
>>30960447
They are only that expensive due to taxes, but they do offer many feature that make them superior.

James Yeager has seen them break numerous times, as do other instructors.
>>
>>30960502
The USP doesn't have a buffer system, its called a recoil reduction system. Learn the proper nomenclature and people wont get confused. Also don't act like the compacts don't have a buffer system either.
>>
I have one in .40, DA/SA model

I know, I should have gotten the LEM version in 9mm, the only reason I didn't is because the specific pistol I bought is the first gun I ever shot and it had sentimental value because of that

The trigger absolutely sucks in DA. The SA is okay. It's pretty heavy for a SA, and gritty, but very short travel.

I like the decocker a lot. I like it there way more than Sig or Beretta style decockers, actually.

The gun itself feels really solid and has a gorgeous finish.
>>
>>30960537
James Yeager dun sawed it. It must be true. James Yeager is probably in glock's pocket.
>>
>>30960624
Lol, thats why he switched to the P320, and has always recommended numerous guns besides glock.
>>
>>30960112
I wonder if there is simply an issue with magazine retention using the HK45c mag release in a full size USP40. What if the retention ledge is simply not long enough, for example? I am just speculating, but they do say not to use that mag release in the USP9 or USP40.
>>
>>30960295
>So, H&K has a few pistols in 45acp all except the mark23 has less than 12 rds
The USP45 has the same 12 round magazine as the Mark 23.
>>
>>30960691
Don't expect Springfield Fudds to know shit about guns.
>>
>>30960720
>a bunch of slavs squatting around a factory in Croatia
>fudds
>>
>>30960474
>The USPc and P2000 has the plastic buffer that does something similar. FYI the plastic buffer makes recoil softer, but doesn't slow the action down as much.
IIRC, its main purpose (in both the full size and compact USPs) to protect the frame from being battered to breakage from the recoil. The recoil spring assembly in the USP Tactical even has a stiffer buffer spring to further protect the frame against the increased pressures from shooting suppressed. The fact that it buffers the recoil impulse a little bit is more of a secondary, though much appreciated, benefit.
>>
>>30960736
Again don't expect Springfield Fudds to know their gun is made in Croatia.
>>
>>30960736
Of course I know it's made in Croatia it's based on the hs2000. Which has an excellent design a venerable record.
>>
>>30960651
I'm not current on what that fool is doing. I tend to avoid an idiot when I recognize one.
>>
File: HKPUSP9034.jpg (34KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
HKPUSP9034.jpg
34KB, 450x340px
>>30960577
>The trigger absolutely sucks in DA. The SA is okay. It's pretty heavy for a SA, and gritty, but very short travel.
>sucks in DA
>gritty in SA

What you describe is very characteristic of a USP with a rough trigger bar installed. I would recommend either buying a new one from Brownells (HKParts is ridiculously expensive, but you can go there if you like), or remove the trigger bar from your gun and polish the surfaces indicated in this image. You may have to use actual polishing stone to get the surfaces smooth enough - not just the buffing wheel on your dremel. I believe HK uses a MIM process for this part and they don't always smooth the edges as much as they ought to. Your gun's trigger pull will smooth out over thousands of rounds, but you can really improve it in about 30 minutes of work by doing this yourself.

I'm not sure what's going on with HK these days, but two of the seven HK's I have owned over the past couple years have had rough trigger bars, and both improved dramatically after this part was polished. Your gun might have some other issue too, but given the design of the gun, there's just not a whole lot else that can cause a gritty trigger pull. It's probably this part.
>>
>>30960295
Grip Safety is made for retards, bought by retards.
>>
File: pennyfarting.webm (956KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pennyfarting.webm
956KB, 480x360px
>>30960843

Not the guy you replied to but what other trigger mods are worth looking at for the USP?

I don't use DA ever, and I don't hate the SA trigger, but sometimes the reset feels a little long for my tastes.

I always expect it to reset in the same place as my glock 29, and sometimes this causes me to fail to reset the trigger before attempting to fire again.

Also, anything to crisp up the trigger break? I know that is hard to do with duty type guns (and i've also been spoiled by 1911s since I was a little kid) but i wouldn't mind a cleaner break.
>>
>>30960856
That grip safety has never complicated firing even once I hardly know it's there. It's good to know that when I'm grasping for my weapon in a stressful situation I'm not going to shoot myself in the fucking leg like a glock owner would
>>
>>30960834
He isn't an idiot though, he just pisses off /k/ because he shits on their guns. So they bad mouth him and people think he is an idiot.
>>
>>30960937

I like the match trigger set. I've installed them in both my USP pistols. I think some folks on HKPro used a different heavier trigger return spring in conjunction with the match parts to get a more positive reset. Never tried it myself though.
>>
>>30960937
The USP has a match trigger kit available. You can install all or only some of the match parts in your gun, depending on what you like.

>match HS
Lightens the pull by maybe 1-1.5 lbs
>match hammer
Lightens the pull by a little bit by virtue of the little ledge that catches the sear being machined to a different angle.
>match sear spring
Most USP's have a little to a lot of slop in the SA take-up right before you get to the break. This part cleans up that slop and makes the SA take-up a little smoother. Not a major functional upgrade, but it does have a beneficial effect on the trigger pull feel.
>match trigger with overtravel stop
Decreases the overtravel. I actually don't like the different angle that it positions your finger through the pull. I recently bought a USP Tactical, but I might take the match trigger piece out of it and put a regular trigger in (while keeping all the other match parts, of course).

>light TRS
I believe this will be installed in any DA/SA gun standard, but it's worth upgrading to this if your gun is v7 LEM. I think the match TRS is a little heavier than the standard TRS.
>light FPBS
Again, this is only something you'll install if converting from v7 LEM. DA/SA guns should have this installed alredy.

>polishing up the internals
In addition to the trigger bar as I mentioned in my last post, there are a couple other internals that can give a smoother trigger pull feel if you polish them, but use google to find a tutorial online for this. I normally don't like to remove finish from all of the internals in my gun unless the trigger pull is really bad.

>Some notes:
-The match trigger with overtravel stop is too long (vertically) to fit a USP Compact, but removing material from the bottom (end of the trigger) of it seems to help it fit these guns.
-It's worth putting as many match springs in your gun even if you have your USP set up for LEM. The Match/LEM hybrid trigger is very nice, even as a carry trigger.
>>
File: 1301794111944.jpg (36KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1301794111944.jpg
36KB, 313x313px
>>30957379
It's pretty good. I'd rather have (and do) a USPC over a P2000 unless you absolutely need a rail, and even then the P2000 rail is known for not accepting accessories.

I just wish H&K would release the VPC already.
>2016
>They're releasing a VP9T already
>Probably will release a VP45 (if that happens at all) before a VPC
>Probably waiting another year at least for a VPC
>>
File: noice.gif (472KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
noice.gif
472KB, 500x200px
>>30961104
>>30961187

Good info, thanks fellas.
>>
>>30960447
Shut up faggot your peace of crap croation hs series handgun that got a springfield gripzone brand on the side is overpriced as fuck. Kys
>>
>>30961238
>tfw no VP357C
>>
>>30960955
No, he actually is an idiot though.

He argues that within very close range of an attacker, you should deliberately induce a stoppage by pressing the palm of your offhand against the rear of your handgun's slide. His rationale is that it's a greater danger for your slide to be pushed out of battery if pressed up against your target.

This "James Yeager is a smart guy, he's just abrasive" maymay needs to end.
>>
>>30960943
>shoot myself in the leg
>with a glawk

Negro, do you even trigger discipline?
>>
>>30961278
Nah, mate.
>>
>>30961595
>He argues that within very close range of an attacker, you should deliberately induce a stoppage by pressing the palm of your offhand against the rear of your handgun's slide.

He doesn't suggest that at all, he recommends putting your thumb on the back if you have to jam it into someones side which isn't a bad idea at all if you want the gun to discharge.
>>
>>30961941
Not him, but semantics. His point is that yeager's advising you to do something that will definitely stop the pistol from cycling if you think it MIGHT be pushed out of battery with a contact shot.
>>
>>30961964
>His point is that yeager's advising you to do something that will definitely stop the pistol from cycling if you think it MIGHT be pushed out of battery with a contact shot.

Except he didn't say that, plus its more important to make sure the gun actually shoots instead of cycles. You pull the trigger to make the gun shoot not cycle.
>>
All HK's have paddle magazine releases rather than the superior American-style magazine release. Only euro-cuck faggots buy HKs.
>>
>>30962100
>a gun that will release its magazine at random if you carry the gun too tightly against your body
>superior
Pick one.
>>
>>30962100

Why the fuck are people bent out of shape over paddle releases?
>>
>>30962100
H&K's are a rip off. Fags buy them because they want to be operator.
>>
>>30962378
Are you even trying?
>>
>>30962449
The truth is always simple

Read a book
>>
>>30962473
Stay mad.
>>
>>30962500
I will FUCKER!
>>
>>30961481
why? lem > striker all day
>>
>>30957379
shit gun
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.