[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on PMC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: blackwater-logo.jpg (128KB, 1468x889px) Image search: [Google]
blackwater-logo.jpg
128KB, 1468x889px
Opinion on PMC?
>>
Blackwater is near Moyock, NC there was some controversy surrounding them some 8 years ago about private military operatives/contractors ... other than that all I know is its a training area
>>
they've been sold and renamed like 5 times in the last decade, and it's just happened again.

erik prince is mad as a fucking hatter and wants to start his own outer heaven in africa.
>>
It's Academi (sp?) however, Erik Prince still has the rights to the name, "Blackwater." They killed 17 people in the Nisour Square Massacre.
>>
>>30957365
How is that a bad thing? Maybe we'll see another golden age of contracting that'll push the muzzies out of Europe.
>>
All the benefits of trained well armed troops without the hassle of government restrictions.

The PMC are the future meme is not really a meme
>>
>>30957505
It gets rid of a level of hypocrisy. If the force is monopolized by government then people will hide behind blaming it and also hide behind it at the same time. The nation state did not have Monopoly on force that is actually relatively new post Treaty of Westphalia. Privatisation of combatants would probably lead to Greater accountability
>>
I personally think we should privatise our entire military
>>
>>30957244
I don't know much about these guys but why do these guys get such a bad wrap? Aren't most of them veterans? We should use them to take out insurgents instead of the military.
>>
File: 1429671899415.jpg (1MB, 3000x2245px) Image search: [Google]
1429671899415.jpg
1MB, 3000x2245px
>>30957244
they're basically glorified mall cops or bodyguards.
Sometimes they get to do cool shit with CIA

leftists like to use them as boogeymen because that's only thing they're good at calling things names and throwing shit.
>>
>>30957244

The golden age of the mercenary is past. National governments aren't fond of competition in the business of violence.
>>
File: image.jpg (329KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 2048x1371px
>>30957365
>start his own Oiter Heaven in Africa

For some reason that thought gets me hard
>>
>>30957365
>erik prince is mad as a fucking hatter and wants to start his own outer heaven in africa.
Where do I sign up?
>>
>>30957244
Remington PMC target ammo is my favorite. I've been using it for years and it seems cleaner.
>>
>>30957505
>Muh mercenary
They're just glorified mall cops.

They dont even have command & control structures. Why would you need one in a small scale firefight?
>>
>>30957365

>not wanting Outer Heaven
>>
>>30958084
/thread

Most of these guys usually just sit around guarding warehouses or providing security detail for some small time politician or businessmen. Sometimes, they'll act as bounty hunters, but thats about as close to the PMCs that Kojima has dreamt up in MGS.
>>
>>30958084
>You know spies, a bunch of bitchy little girls.
>>
File: businesscard.jpg (131KB, 1735x976px) Image search: [Google]
businesscard.jpg
131KB, 1735x976px
>>30957244
They're the future
>>
>>30958084
This is actually a nice question: how the fuck do Contractors get their boys in order?

What, do they just use office positions?
>MANAGER, our men our under attack at highway 79!
>What? Get me the Lance Project Lead on the line.
>>
File: Diamond_Dogs.svg.png (86KB, 577x479px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_Dogs.svg.png
86KB, 577x479px
why settle for second best
>>
>>30957870
I would say the same about the Marines and Army, but not the Navy or Airforce. National Guard and Coast Guard should still be government.
>>
>>30958147
Under rated show
>>
>>30957890
not all are vets, or some are vets with dishonorable discharges

they kill civilians
>>
>>30958373
If anything the coast guard and national guard should be directly controlled by their respective state governments, the feds should have ZERO authority.
>>
>>30959459
Ben 'Mookie' Thomas was kicked out of the Seals and I believe he was with Blackwater with Travis Haley. He's also freinds with James Yeager.
>>
Why not pay a bunch of mercenaries to deal with ISIS?

It worked with Executive Outcomes dealing with rebel nignogs in Africa.
>>
>>30959658
Watch it buddy, if you implement a solution that works you'll force the rest of the world to deal with generations of ethnomasochism, guilt, and mass immigration into less shitty, >90IQ countries. Oh wait, I think the biggest problem was not pushing to completion.
>>
>>30959530
I never really stated which government.
>>
>>30959658
Because ISIS is desirable for the globalist agenda. It excuses allowing hordes of non-assimilating barbarians into Europe, it excuses legitimate movements to eradicate Western culture and identity. It very well could lead to the idea of basic income in many European countries (Because if the refugees are getting free money, why shouldn't everyone else?).

And because they're existence gives everyone a boogieman to point and blame but do nothing about.

And before someone goes and calls me a conspiracy nut, answer me this honestly. Why is it that ISIS has been allowed to grow, and not a single nation has deployed troops to fight them? Special Operations don't count here because the numbers deployed are too small to be effective in this situation. We spend millions bombing them occasionally, and whenever people start to question the agenda, a dronestrike takes out some "head honcho" that literally no one has ever heard of until that exact day.
>>
>>30959658
Because some people want instability in middle east.
Russia gets to fuck with the West while giving their troops some experience and why let all those Soviet made bombs and equipment go to waste?
Israel likes having their neighbors, who dislike them, in disarray.
Russia if they actually tried could steam roll them back into their caves/huts in less than a month if they wanted to, we could do it even faster if we tried.
Russia keeps Syria alive and helps them a little but the SAA is doing the hard work, if the rebels make too much gains, Russia swoops in and pushes them back.
The US has SOF teams "trimming the grass" before it gets out of hand in Iraq.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.