[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ What made you interested in weaponry and the likes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1468199234629.jpg (212KB, 1200x761px) Image search: [Google]
1468199234629.jpg
212KB, 1200x761px
Hey /k/ What made you interested in weaponry and the likes?
>>
I don't even remember. It goes back to at least when I was three years old. Before then it was mostly dinosaurs.
>>
>>30956771
I credit my dad to that. He would always have OG history channel on when I was a kid. The tipping point was when he bought me MOH: Rising Sun for the PS2.
a Kommando was born the day I got to shoot down Zeroes with my dual .50 in Pearl Harbor.
>>
I grew up in a poor enough area to a understand that I'm responsible for my own personal safety, and that there are people who would victimize me if I let them.
>>
>>30956771
Getting my first rifle, the rest is history.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>30956771
Not going to lie I was introduced into firearm addiction when my friends got into airshit in middle school. I was watching airshit videos in YouTube when I stumbled onto IraqVeteran8888 videos. These were OG videos to back when Eric weighed 60 pounds more and Barry was still kicking. I hadn't known that guns were legal and pretty easy to get in my state before being informed be them and I immediately asked my dad to go shooting. Turns out he owned a few guns and had wanted to build an AR for a while(this was altitude before Sandy Hook). He then bought me a nugget when I turned 16 as a first rifle and 4 years later I have a decent little collection.

The moral of the story is that airshit is cancer but it isn't 100% autistic because it introduced allot of us to real firearms.
>>
File: youre old.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youre old.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
I dont know, I just have since I was a kid. I was really interested in the military and LEO stuff, like any kid, so that went hand in hand with learning about guns as well as vehicles, technology and history. Thats why I think its so important to get your kids into it at an early age. Theyre going to be anyway, guns are made fascinating by movies, tv, video games and toys so to just deny them getting a chance to learn about it wont work
>>
File: beats by Ivan.jpg (63KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
beats by Ivan.jpg
63KB, 500x347px
My dad was, and still is, a big bug out prepper, and probably before that was even a thing.
we were always taught about guns, as well as hunting, mechanics, tools, camping, cooking from an early age. He wanted us to be able to handle ourselves in case something went wrong. Riots, natural disaster, government crackdown, ect. My grandpa was the same way, and me having two sisters didnt help with their paranoia. Really guns were never a big deal in our house, they were just there and we were taught about them like anything else. Its weird to me that theyre so controversial to other people
>>
>>30956771

I feel somewhat bad about it, but Gunslinger Girls.

I feel like it still wasn't a bad way, because I hadn't even hit puberty but I was well on my way to buying media and cultural anti-gun and general liberal indoctrination due to sheer saturation. I'm glad I reversed early.

Unfortunately, it put me at odds to almost everybody I knew at the time.
>>
When I was little, my mom would read me a book on ancient and modern military hardware. Always though it was cool as fuck.
>>
File: 1465845967659.jpg (120KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1465845967659.jpg
120KB, 612x612px
/k/
>>
File: 1464366903620.png (874KB, 744x750px) Image search: [Google]
1464366903620.png
874KB, 744x750px
My grandfather and father taught me about guns and let me shoot air and .22 rifles. When I was old enough my father took me to a range and rented a few pistols. And then I started playing the NATO mod for Rogue Spear and really enjoyed learning about all the different guns. Then I became a history nerd and started studying all the older technology and got hooked. I've practiced two martial arts since I was 10 so it was always just a part of my life. I eventually got into sharpening and collecting and inherited all of the heirloom items because I cared about them and could maintain them. I started shooting skeet and trap in high school so I picked up my first 870. My interest waned through college but in the last year for *reasons* I decided I finally needed a pistol. Naturally I researched the hell out of the choice and got hooked again. Now I have a good carry piece and traded the old 870 for a combat shotgun. My uncle recently moved to the same location as me and brought his living room sized armory with him so things are getting interesting again. Life is g... could be better but fuck it.
>>
>>30956771
It was kinda weird for me. It started very normal with being taught to shoot as a kid, and I was into it when I was young. Kinda the same with cars too. Then in middle school and high school I got out of both for the most part, became very liberal etc, except even in the middle of all that I would find myself defending the second amendment to my friends as I supported just about every other liberal policy. (Somewhere in college I got back into cars) I still didn't have interest in owning anything more than my .22 until the past year or so when there were a bunch of stabbings and break-ins in my neighborhood. I went from getting an HD gun to being a full blown firearm enthusiast again. It's like I picked up where I left off when I was 11.
>>
>>30957317
Also, thanks lads for some solid advice on a good HD pistol. If I had listened to my uncle, I probably would have gotten a 1911 because that's what he uses. It wouldn't have even been a good one because my budget wasn't large enough. Instead I got an SP2022.
>>
>>30956771
Video games, movies and the history channel
>>
>>30957054
a-are you me?...
>>
>>30956771

Normally I don't like flashy painted weapons, but that 1911 with the P-51 paint scheme is fucking dope.
>>
>>30957054

Are you me?

>crazy pepper family
>also abusive
>started shooting at age 4
>killing shit at 5
>had an HD setup by age 10
>>
>>30956771
>be me
>be potty training
>muh pops "If you use the toilet you can hold this pistol"
>be potty trained
>be guns4life
>>
>>30956771
I went shooting when I was like 10, liked guns in games, then met someone else who liked guns and we both got a huge knowledge in guns and have been buying since we were old enough. And yes bf1 hype made me choose an 1897 trench gun over a 590.
>>
>occasionally movies
>lots of vidya
>love of middle age fantasy/swords and archery as a child which naturally progressed to firearms as I became exposed to them in teenage years
>>
I'm a /tg/ person and history buff. Kind of a natural progression from there.

Not to mention that Grandpa made sure that me and my brother could shoot.
>>
>>30956771
I always liked learning about WW2 as a kid, and I was always into the military. So getting into guns was a natural progression. It also worked as a way for my father and I to bond over some mutual interest while out hunting.
>>
Honestly, my mom was in a abusive relationship. When I was 6 she broke up with the asshole and married my step-father. Honestly he is the Dad I never had. He taught me life lessons and guns. He is the Dad I never had.
>>
>>30956771
I kinda always was, but didn't really begin until my dad took me to a gun range. Nowadays, I find myself liking the mechanical aspects of guns, along with shooting them.
>>
>>30956771
Watching good guys shoot bad guys on tv.
My father didn't care what I watched so instead of boring himself with child appropriate television he wanted what he wanted and that's anything that has action in it.
Nerf guns and the local dollar store selling airsoft guns only helped the fire grow.
>>
>>30956794
More or less the same, but add Frontlines with it
>>
>>30956771
Crazy Uncle who fought in Korea and Vietnam would babysit me and we'd watch WWII documentaries and weapons of war type programs in his beer-lined man cave. Nofuns.

Fast forward to young adult, playing original Counterstrike, TF, Max Payne, HL, Unreal, etc. Still nofuns.

Fast foward 12 years: almost done serving in Army, living in a bad neighborhood, someone tries to pick the lock on townhouse I share with a roommate. Remington 870 was in hand the very next day.

Now, two years later, I've got the same pump action, a loaded bug out bag, and a plate carrier by my bed. There's nothing wrong with preparing to not be a victim.
>>
I was a little boy

I thought general interest in weaponry was a common theme in little boys? It certainly was where I grew up.

A lot of people developed other interests as time passed, but I've always been fascinated by weapons and combat
>>
Call of Duty and the History channel when it was still good. It moved from a WWII interest into a firearm interest pretty quickly. One day at Blockbuster when I was young, my dad suggested we rent Call of Duty big red one. That was the spark that ignited the wildfire.
>>
>Be from the Old World
>Didn't care 'cos I didn't know much about them despite being army
>Come to the New World to be with wife
>Befriend locals
>Go shooting
>Love what they do, how they work, what they stand for
>Buy more
>Shout cold dead hands from the roof tops
>See Piers Morgan one day, shout phonetapper
>He panics and jumps in the car
>Become native
>Such is life innatexas
>And what a life I have made
>>
>>30956794
Replace it with allied assault and you have me to a T. My parents were anti-fun too
>>
>>30956778
Dinosaurs are weapons too anon.
>>
>>30956771
It sounds childish, but it's my inner Ork. I don't believe I am Ork/kin or any weird shit like that, I just really like the loud noises and smoke and smell of the cordite. I like working with my guns, disassembling them, figuring out how the feed mechanisms work, how to tweak them. Most of all, I like blasting away at targets and seeing them break, I like hearing the guns go off at the range. It's a very ineffable experience.

Also, guns are a poor man's sports car. I may never be able to afford a sports car (that's a lie, I actually have enough saved up to drop $30 k on a downpayment for whatever car I want) but the guns will always be cheaper. My AR-15 cost me $1500 retail to buy, and I've spent maybe another $500 on aftermarket shit to go with it. Additionally, I can feel comfortable that I could defend my life and property with my rifle, which I couldn't do with a car (Elliot Rodger pls go).
>>
When I was a kid I thought guns were awesome, just like every other little boy. My parents never taught me otherwise so here I am.
>>
>>30956771
Lots of nerf guns, cap guns, bb guns, and shooting at boy scout camp
>>
>>30956771
>Hey /k/ What made you interested in weaponry and the likes?
I grew up finding WWI (mostly exploded) shells, guns, bullets, gourds, helmets... Even had a gold plated bayonet (don't know if it was from WWI though, could have been older. But I don't have it anymore).
Anyway, I've pretty much spent my childhood getting in ditches with my friends and play "kill the Germans in the trench".
>>
>>30956771

They go bang and they're neat.

They also keep my mind off my dead mom and shitty childhood. I use guns, motorcycles and computers as a coping mechanism for depression.
>>
>>30956771
ur mum
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.