[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apocalypse Loadout Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: get_out_of_here_by_flyingdebris.jpg (244KB, 900x1074px) Image search: [Google]
get_out_of_here_by_flyingdebris.jpg
244KB, 900x1074px
Anyone on /k got an apocalypse loadout? A bug out bag or even just a plan in general to surviving out the end of days. Is it more of a long term kit or do you plan on relying on scavenging?
>>
>>30956451
>gas mask
>Exposed skin
That is how you die
>>
>relying on scavenging
You're dead
>relying on looting
You're dead
>killing others for supplies
You're dead

OP unless you form a gang and prey on people, you're not going to last long. During Katrina Was Marts were cleared within hours, and that was with a small still standing LEO presence. If you want to survive short term you need to prep, if you want long term you need to produce.
>>
But what about during an epidemic or nuclear holocaust? Less people around watching homes and buildings. I agree with preps but even after your preps run out you will eventually need to scavenge. But scavenge carefully.
>>
>>30956471
All those things you mentioned are perfectly viable for the first year of the apocalypse. After that you should've been smart enough to find a community or settle down in your own secure area. You can rely on planting vegetables and hunting after that.
>>
>>30956520
lolno
>>
>>30956526
lolyes
>>
>>30956520
>first year

No, dude, there won't be much of anything left to scavenge after a month or two, 3 at the most. From month 2 onward the finds will be much further apart, and much less stocked, chances are someone will have already combed over what you find.
>then I'll just go to another town/city/shipping warehouse further away from me

And someone else who was originally closer will have been there, taken everything or set up shop. Unless you have the ability to produce what you need, or have vast resources stocked prior to the habbening.

You will 100% need to be able to take from people which will require you to have more people with guns, which will require you to eat up more resources than just you solo, or you will need to produce it yourself.

>ima just scavenge
And you'll starve, die of tetanus, or get shot and bleed out or die 3 weeks later due to basic infection. Fighting in post apoc isn't good, any small cut can effectively kill you without antibiotics. There's a reason people didn't live past 25 in the 1800s.
>>
>>30956471
>relying on scavenging

Learning to smoke food would make this more viable.
>>
File: IMG_20160715_131626.jpg (583KB, 1111x2056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_131626.jpg
583KB, 1111x2056px
Yes
>exposed skin
I have gloves, but was lazy to put them on
>juicy legs
Pants have huge ass side pockets, which are partially forced down by the kneepads, thus making my legs look feminine.
>>
>>30956468
depends on what you're exposed to
>>
File: DSCN0282.jpg (2MB, 2752x2060px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0282.jpg
2MB, 2752x2060px
kind of a work in progress.
This is contents of an INCH bag, not a bug out bag, which is why there's more stuff in it. The bag itself (not pictured) is a Kelty.
>>
>>30958412
>juicy legs
hhhhnnnnnnngggggggg
>>
Lets be honest: in any scenario where actual NBC weapons are being utilized on a large scale, you're probably completely boned anyway

I think you should worry about masks/respirators for protecting against CN
>>
>>30958771
^CS
>>
I'm ill prepared but I do live in a big agricultural area. I plan on killing animals and looting fields. The hardest part is making it to the coast or further north where it's cooler and the need for water dips a bit from less heat.

My wife is familiar with weapons and I have formal training. My biggest liability is a 2 year old child but I reckon I'd kill other humans to keep her fed.

I'm pretty intelligent and have pretty good leadership skills so I intend on starting a community for better survival chances.
>>
>>30959028
I always have a good supply of water but food tends to dwindle towards the end of the month.
>>
File: 123432141324.png (9KB, 443x253px) Image search: [Google]
123432141324.png
9KB, 443x253px
>>30958412
If the apocalypse happens my first priority is to find you and cut a little hole into the seat of your pants, listening to your cute little moans through your filter as I go to work.
>>
>>30958484
becareful with spam. it doesnt like hot temps (cans pop) the meat doesnt go bad the cans jsut dont like the pressure. if its an inch bag add some vegetable seeds for planting.
>>
Not yet, plan on getting a basic 2 day bag together for getting back to my family's house in case of SHTF. Gonna probably add a respirator of some sort and radiation pills since I'm close to a nuke plant.

Basic loadout would be AR, Glock, ar500 plate/carrier, 2 day bag.
>>
File: TEKE6948.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
TEKE6948.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
Are these niggas doing it right?
>>
I live in a city of 20 million, I will accept defeat and an hero. Before the apocalypse I will sort out my real life issues such as my mortgage and pensions.
>>
File: 4444444.jpg (5KB, 185x186px) Image search: [Google]
4444444.jpg
5KB, 185x186px
>>30959028
I would eat the 2 year old.
>>
>>30956505
Part of prepping is stocking up on the materials and knowledge to make your own food. If you can't do that you're not a prepper, you're a hoarder.
>>
>>30956520
>hunting

Not optimal. Try ranching, instead. Something like chickens, or goats, or sheep.

If you're urban, raise rabbits or rats. Those aren't ideal, but they're still protein and you can still trade the meat for other supplies.
>>
I know they aren't ideal, but what's the best way to store MREs to ensure a long shelf life? (five+ years) I think a small root cellar would be best for keeping them cool without relying on electricity. (Can also be used to store produce after the fact as well.) What do you lads think?
>>
I agree. I prep in my own home, but I enjoy learning new ways to make meals with my preps and how to survive in the wilderness in case I will ever have to leave my home.
>>
>>30959104

>Implying I wouldn't protect my ass virginity
>>
File: 1468506000500.jpg (333KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
1468506000500.jpg
333KB, 960x639px
People cant just go into the streets during armageddon and expect to be the hero of the world. lmoo
>>
>>30958441
>not expecting the worst while hoping for the best
Pleb
>>
File: rsz_nuke-targets-48.jpg (484KB, 1280x1620px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_nuke-targets-48.jpg
484KB, 1280x1620px
bunch of larpers here i swear

a 2000 warhead nuclear strike (ie russians deadman switch, the other 6000 are for the rest of the world) would only knockout 100m people, that leaves 200m+. The government has bunkers all over the country, plus 5 doomsday planes, the government will survive and will restore rule of law within a few weeks at most. Even a place directly hit will only take 2 weeks to reach safe radiation levels. Stalingrad was the closest we will ever get to stalker.
>>
>>30959491
>First guy not taping his gloves
>>
>>30959936
Is the high concentration of black dots in Wyoming/Colorado/Nebraska, North Dakota, and Montana targeting missile silos or something?
>>
>>30959911
Sure they can.

They just might be surprised at what actually happens.

>>30959936
Most likely law and order will be restored with in 3 months of catastrophe. Things won't be quite the same, but mostly safe and civil. Electricity will be restored for essential services. Slow but steady logistics will bring food and supplies where they are needed. Most of the dumbasses who thought they would survive by looting their way through the apocalypse will have died out, either through starvation, exposure, picking the wrong fight, or offing themselves because they thought the end of the world would be cooler than it actually turned out.
>>
>>30959954
And the 4th guy on the right has an improper tape seal on his sleeve.

These guys are doomed.
>>
>>30956617
>There's a reason people didn't live past 25 in the 1800s.
Most people that didn't die as children usually made it to a ripe old age before they died in previous centuries. It was the young and old (basically the most vulnerable) that tended to meet untimely ends.

Also what's really the point of prepping for a major happening, like if something happened to the U.S. the entire world would be fucked forever. Little to no science and technology will continued to be produced researched and sold, no more space research and exploration. How would anything as good or better have a chance of ever growing again to that size? Even if it could so much time would be lost humans might as well be as good as extinct at that point possibly. I can understand maybe a few months or a natural disaster or something. But more than that and it's sort of like unless you want to be self sufficient it's not like there's some great future ahead to keep living for everybodies would just waiting out their time even if it's a few lifetimes of people.
>>
>>30960102
norad/missle defense.
>>
>>30956451
this is terrible
>>
I barely have anything but I have practically zero risk of being fucked over by anything that will last longer than a couple of days.

> Britbong so monkeys aren't a problem.
> Northern Britbong so immigrants aren't actually too bad, they're relatively friendly
> Don't live near coast and on high land so floods aren't a worry
> No real chance of tornadoes or earthquakes

The only thing that could get me is a sudden mass outbreak of diseases, extremely rapid military takeover of the area and Nuclear War. If any of which happened, I would be fucked anyway.
>>
>>30956471
>If you want to survive short term you need to prep, if you want long term you need to produce.

Accurate and succinct.
>>
>>30959936
>target in both warhead scenarios, but the target is just a military base instead of a silo or government installation
>moving a few miles southeast would get me clear of any and all radiation
would i be able to get the fuck out before the bomb arrives or can i only hope it never goes that far?
>>
>>30956451

I stay in my home which is in the woods around no one else until the situation becomes too hot and then I bug out to my cabin that no one even knows about somewhere on my property and more in the woods.

I have stashed stuff there and would move more stuff in the event of a catastrophe. I think I'll be okay for a while though considering the remoteness of my location in the first place.
>>
>>30956451
>apocalypse gear thread
>posts stalker cosplay
>>
>>30959028
>SHTF hasnt even started
>already resorting to murdering and cannibalizing.
JFC
>>
>>30959028
>I'm pretty intelligent and have pretty good leadership skills
You know what intelligent and people with good leadership skills don't have to do? Thats like those cunts who tell you how funny they are and how wonderful their sense of humor is.
>>
>>30956451
>12 gauge shotgun
>1 shell
>piece of paper
>pencil
>>
>>30956451
>All these people talking about planting food

That shit is harder than you think, moreso if you live in a climate that goes above 100F in the summer or freezes more than a few times per year.
This summer has been fucking brutal and my garden boxes haven't produced anything but herbs. Know what breeds do well in your area from people who actually do it and know how to prune/manage/train your plants. My summer crop will more than likely take a shit until September when it finally goes into double digits.

Have at least 6 months worth of food before depending on growing food if you aren't already doing so.
>>
Ohio, endless corn fields, plant more corn from the corn, endless corn fields become even more endless
>>
>>30956451
All that bare skin on your hands. Enjoy that sunburn and cancer faggot.
>>
File: 1448225051090.gif (426KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
1448225051090.gif
426KB, 285x190px
>>30959936
>tfw living in northern NH in both scenarios
>>
>>30959936

Hawaii and Alaska got off free?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.