[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World Elephant day - Anti poaching operators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 81181.adapt.768.1.jpg (67KB, 768x511px) Image search: [Google]
81181.adapt.768.1.jpg
67KB, 768x511px
Hey /k/, it's world elephant day. Post anti poaching operators from Africa and other places.
>>
File: TfLzLDL.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
TfLzLDL.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>not operating innabrush with FALs
>not protecting majestic beasts from being snorted by Chinese businessman

What are you doing with your life?
>>
>>30957924
I was recently offered such a position.

In exchange for risking my life I would recieve $200 a month.

A similar offer from olive branch body guarding diplomats while they browsed shopping malls in kuwait pays 200k per year.

The california state troopers will give me 80k to eat donuts and write speeding tickets.

The question is, why would I risk life and limb for some dumb animal that wont even fuck when I can make literally exponentially more in a safer environment?
>>
File: Kenyan_rhino_guards.jpg (875KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kenyan_rhino_guards.jpg
875KB, 1800x1200px
>>30957924
>FALs
>mfw
>>
>>30960103
You know whats funny? Those things were probably old when they were first issued as hand-me-downs in the 80's, and still serviceable.

Try getting an AR type platform to do that.
>>
>>30960034
Well you're not living in Africa for one thing, where $200 US a month goes a lot farther than it does in America.

And of course the animals want to fuck, it's just that when your gestation period is so long, and people keep killing your numbers, it makes it difficult. I imagine inbreeding is seriously fucking up a lot of those endangered species with only a few hundred members left.

>>30960213
Some technology just never dies. I have a Sears radio from the 60's, maybe early 70's, and it still works mostly fine.
>>
>>30960294
Same guy you responded to both posts, but yeah, I just need to look out for me.

Hey, maybe somebody with my skillset doesnt have a family and can just take a huge pay-cut for some ideals. Power to em.

I personally dont feel enough of a connection to an animal to give up suppirting me and mine.

As for old tech, its true. Today things are designed to break. The AR is the ultimate capitalist weapon. Pricey, and made to require long expensive supply chains and extensive ligistics.

Think about it, is there a reason why that aluminum reciever isnt steel? Or maybe a reason why direct impingement is used instead of gas piston?

Because a mostly aluminum gun with direct impingement requires longer more expensive supply and logistic trains, and breaks more often requiring more parts replacements.

Perfect gun for a military closely tied to the biggest military industrial complex in human history. Not so much for guys on the fringes of civilization who dont have access to a trillion squillion dollar reapair and replacement industry.
>>
>>30960294
Addendum, I have a 1970 short wave radio that picks up crystal clear FM broadcasts from korea better than the 2012 one that I bought to replace it, and unlike the new radio, its been in constant use since the 70's and it's volume knob didnt snap off 6 months after I bought it.

Fun story, guy I know, old retired engineer. Worked for general electric designing fridges.

So, 60 year olc him, gets contacted by corporate.

>"We want a fridge that lasts 10 years"
>ummm.... okay, the ones I designed in the 50's are still operational, so uhhhh.... yeah, already been done and then some
>corporate: "no, you dont get it, we want a fridge that will JUST last 10 years"
>so you want me to retro-design an inferior product...
>corporate: "yup, make em buy a new one every 10 years!"
>him "Im retiring"

Engineered obsolencence has taken over the market. Which is why a 40 year old appliance is still better than a brand new one in many cases.
>>
>>30960454
Disgusting. I try to hold on to my stuff and am thankful that I'm still using the same Mp3 player 9 years later.

Most of the big tech companies seem to take things pretty seriously these days (NOT Apple). Intel is on the leading edge of processor design and keeps dumping most of their profits back in to R&D. Though it's tough to track the lifespan of computers sometimes, after 5 years they've fallen pretty far behind, and after 10 you might as well get a new one.
>>
>>30956148
They should just throw bounties on the poachers and watch them turn on each other.
>>
>>30960608
>>30960454
>>30960407
>>30960213
The people of the Philippines still use A1 rifles that were made in 60's, same with the Israel, they still use A1 recievers.
>>
>>30960034
>The question is, why would I risk life and limb for some dumb animal that wont even fuck when I can make literally exponentially more in a safer environment?
Because it's fun
>>
>>30956148
or you could be the poacher
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.