[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger Mini-14

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I love Mini 14s and am the owner of two different ones, a 184 and a 580. Are there any other Mini 14 lovers here? If so post you're rifles. Here are my rifles.
>>
File: dsdddd.jpg (186KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dsdddd.jpg
186KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>30956079
I hate to ask this, but I'm trying to decide between a Ruger Mini 14 and a Benelli MR1. The MR1's ability to take STANAG magazines is a plus for me, I live in Canada and .50 Beowulf magazines allow you to get ~14 rounds, whereas the Mini-14 is limited to 5. Do you have any experience with the MR1? If not that's fine, what are some good aspects of the Mini-14 that make it worth buying? It does cost a lot less than an MR1, that's the biggest advantage it has going for it.
>>
I've got two, standard and a GB. Love the things.

Objectively inferior to boring basic bitch ARS, but that's okay.
>>
The 5 round limit does suck I live in Georgia so that does not apply here. Mine did come with a 5 round magazine when I bought it at Walmart. I don't have any experience with the Benelli MR1, but it is a good looking gun. As for advantages the Mini 14 is cheaper on average than some of the alternatives, It is very customizable if you want to make it unique. I am a man who believes that a good defense gun is simple to operate and maintain. A stock mini 14 can be field stripped for cleaning in seconds without tools. It also has low recoil (at least to me).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8FmzV--eKY
>>
>>30956079
I have one that looks just like the bottom one and I love it. One thing I have noticed is that when loading the magazine it can be slightly finicky. A solution to this problem would be loading it at an angle.
Other than that it is a fine rifle.
>>
I bought the target edition with the thumb hole stock. Pretty sweet. Very very heavy
>>
File: 1359093126041.jpg (967KB, 1194x4728px) Image search: [Google]
1359093126041.jpg
967KB, 1194x4728px
>>30956139
Mini 14 basics here.

I have an earlier model and the thin barrel heats up and accuracy suffers under sustained fire. Newer models have thicker barrels and don't have this problem.
>>
Shitty wannabe SKS
>>
File: image.jpg (612KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
612KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>30956139
This.

Also in Canada, and want a mini-14 but lame laws limit the mags to 5. Are there any mags that will fit the Mini14 that aren't designed for the gun? Just like STANAG guns can take LAR-15 pistol mags, which are legal at 10 rounds.
>>
>>30956079

Mini-14's are shit on, but I love them. Everyone wants to compare them to AR's, but no one doing that was alive when the only 223 centerfire autoloaders you could choose from were the $1000 colts, and the $500 Min-14's.

I still have a stack of Ruger 20 rounders from back in the day when they were expensive as shit during AWB.

Sold my last mini-14 a few years back, and now they are $750 and up, and I have a hard time justifying that when I used to buy them for no more than $550 all day.
>>
Fuck man, that target edition cost me 1499$ Canada bucks, plus another 400$ for the scope. Was kind of an impluse buy, I had never seen a mini14 like that and had always wanted one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.