[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebuilds Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: spectre.png (536KB, 620x584px) Image search: [Google]
spectre.png
536KB, 620x584px
Anybody done one of these yet? The 3 week backlog is over and they finally have them in stock. Been checking youtube for tutorial, but theyre really vague. Is it hard?
>>
guess no one
>>
>>30955607
I was thinking about it. Looks easier than a 1911 build (that I'm in the middle of).

I might order one just to have.
>>
>>30955346

There's a dude who brought it to the local range. Works pretty well, no jams, nothing.

Probably get one or two, especially since they will come out with a G19 version.
>>
File: 1465005113043.jpg (605KB, 3219x3902px) Image search: [Google]
1465005113043.jpg
605KB, 3219x3902px
Thinking about picking one up and getting a mectec carbine upper, for ultra spooky carbine action.
>>
File: KommadosIfHillaryIsElected.jpg (64KB, 433x498px) Image search: [Google]
KommadosIfHillaryIsElected.jpg
64KB, 433x498px
>>30955346
planning to acquire funs in the near future and honestly I'll probably be picking this and a few 80% AR lowers up because I'm starting to go full tinfoil hat with this news of the ATF hoarding gun buyer's personal info. Don't think I want to be on anyone's database.

Am I being ridiculous?
>>
>>30956289
Sounds like a fun little project.
>>
>>30955346
I have. super easy. I did it with a dremel, took about an hour and works great from the two range trips I've had. I stripped my old gen 3 glock 17 to build it, then rebuilt the glock with some lonewolf shit to make it more like a g34.

It is far and away the easiest build I have done- most of my experience is with ARs and 1 AK. I would not be surprised if these got pulled because of how easy they are to build out functionally.
>>
>>30956679
did you use a youtube vid? or just go by the included instructions?

could you post a pic of the finished product?

>>30956336
na bro your not crazy, when hilldog gets elected it wont be long before that one supreme justice retires and she installs an anti-gun one. our narrow 5-4 victories in the supreme court are about over, so yeah, relistically, dark times ahead comrade.
>>
I posted a pic of mine over here >>30954273

It works well. I finished it files, sandpaper, and a regular drill for the holes. No drill press needed.

If I were to do another one, I'd get a dremel though. Would've saved a lot of time.
>>
>>30957378
thats pretty badass man

on a scale of 1-10, how hard was this to accomplish? do you have a mechanical background that helped you? are the instructions easy to follow?
>>
>>30957260
Nobody needs to retire, there is already a vacancy on the Supreme Court.
>>
>>30956336
Yes you are. Your purchases can still be tracked. Your internet orders for an 80% receiver, LPKs, upper receiver/part, ammo, mags, etc. are easy to put together. You aren't fooling anyone. 80% is only worthwhile if you are looking for a project.
>>
>>30957394
Before doing this, I had very minimal experience with guns, no experience with gunsmithing, and had never fired a Glock before. I only have one friend who's into guns and he's unfamiliar with Glocks, so I had to figure out everything on my own.

The instructions are decent, but there are some gaps that caused me a lot of trouble. If you're already familiar with Glocks then you'd likely have a much easier time. Or if you have a functioning Glock you can use for comparison, it would be much easier, too.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined and can follow instructions. It took me a long time to finish it due to me being very careful, only using hand tools, and my lack of experience.

If I were to make another one and use a dremel, I could crank it out in a few hours.
>>
>>30957488
i have zero xp with glocks either, i only have a ruger sr40. i also am minamally mechanically inclined. i work on ships at sea, but i dont take any of the systems apart or troubleshoot em or anything. the 80% is like 180 bucks, then i gotta buy the LWP 100 bucks and glock upper 400-500 bucks, i really just dont wanna piss away money on something i never had the ability to accomplish in the first place.

gaps in instructions drive me nuts. if you order another, will you make a youtube vid for me?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 453x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 453x323px
>>30957434
Buy them with prepaid cards and have them shipped to a non-standard address. Or buy them in person with cash...
>>
Why would you build a knockoff glock when you can build a Sig P229?

>>30957666
Why, hello Lucifer.
>>
>>30957684
P229
Here is the frame, tools, and parts. All else you need will be a drillpress, lapping compound, and some time. Maybe even try your hand at anodizing...

http://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=96
http://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=81
>>
>>30957575
You won't save any money by going this route, especially not with the huge increase in demand for Glock 17 parts that this caused and if you don't already own all the tools. Honestly, it's a stupid thing to do unless really want a ghost gun, want to brag about DIY, and/or can't acquire a real Glock. Or maybe if you already have a G17 with a damaged lower or really hate its ergonomics.

I think there's a fair amount of YT vids out there already. I finished this a couple months ago and that was the first and only picture I've taken of it -- such things defeat the purpose of a ghost gun.
>>
>>30957703
that looks more pricey, you forget /k/ is poor. got any instructional jewtube vids to go with it?
>>
File: ghostly.jpg (2MB, 1992x4792px) Image search: [Google]
ghostly.jpg
2MB, 1992x4792px
>>30957811
...It's $950 to finish a Sig Sauer handgun.... that's not bad.

And no, I am currently getting ready to build one though so I'll soon have a new infograph.
>>
>>30957750
well yeah i could just buy one, but then clintons cronies are gonna come and rape me in my delicate little ass.

and no there isnt any good instructional videos on how to make this yet, by good, i mean DETAILED.
>>
>>30957827
>well yeah i could just buy one
This is the case with all 80% shit. It is only worthwhile as a project for fun. You will not save money or outsmart the man.
>>
>>30957848
i will outsmart the man
>>
>>30957434
It impossible to kick my door down IF IM ALWAYS MOVING. Such is RV life.
>>
>>30957920
>yfw a swat truck pulls next to you at 65 while you are on your way to Yellowstone
>>
File: MFWihadtoreplytoyou.jpg (194KB, 2550x1700px) Image search: [Google]
MFWihadtoreplytoyou.jpg
194KB, 2550x1700px
>>30957993
when you post 'yfw'

your supposed to post a reaction image that you are telling the person is there face when what you say happens.

for instance......

>mfw i read your post and noticed you failed to include an image.
>>
>>30957434
>not ordering your 80% with bitcoin over a burner laptop on public wifi to an abandoned address
>>
>>30956289
Be aware that the locking block in the PF940 is shaped a little differently than the official Glock one. I bought a TacSol .22lr upper for mine only to find out that it doesn't fit because of it.

I don't know if that will affect the CCU or not.
>>
File: GlockBlock_full.jpg (35KB, 482x296px) Image search: [Google]
GlockBlock_full.jpg
35KB, 482x296px
>>30958074
Actually, now that I look at it, this should fit the PF940 easily. The front rails could be an issue, though.
>>
So does this have metal rails, or is the steel slide on the polymer rails not an issue?
>>
Are there any good 80% .22 handguns out there?
>>
After that thread yesterday about the guy who over paid for his threading. We need this thread.
>>
>>30958473
Yeah tactical machining has 80% 10/22 receivers iirc
>>
>>30958625
http://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-products/80-tm-22-receivers/80-tm-22-receiver.html

you recall correctly my good jerkwad

>>30958473
^---- look up there anon
>>
File: badass.png (86KB, 973x791px) Image search: [Google]
badass.png
86KB, 973x791px
>>30957703
>http://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_i=96

this man is the hero /k/ doesnt deserve
>>
>>30957434
brick and mortar stores and cash are a thing anon.
>>
>>30958059
>being so new that you think people follow protocol for the 4chomz.
>>
>>30958625
>>30959057

I was thinking ruger mkII/III, maybe 22/45... Browning buckmark, S&W 41...

Though making my own 10/22 is a given.
>>
Anyone know where I can get a raw forging lower for an ar15 for less than 20$?
>>
>>30959323
Their stuff is top quality too. They make the best 1911 jigs on the market, and are the only company I know making 80% P226,8, and 9 frames.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.