[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Generic Beginner Weapon Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maga 9.jpg (8KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
maga 9.jpg
8KB, 204x247px
Title says it all, going to a gun show this weekend, never handled a pistol before. Looking for a piece that is good for home defense and the occasional open carry. 6' 2" 185 lbs white male if that helps any.
>>
File: 1464132110845.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464132110845.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>30953714

>pistol for home defense
>open carry
>>
S&W or Ruger .357 revolver. You can shoot .38 Specials through it for economy and +P rounds if the full house magnums hurt you. No slide, no slide release, no safety, no decocker, no magazine or mag release, and no need for them. Point and click.

As far as make and model goes, listen to your hands. You'll do much better work with a tool that is ergonomically correct.
>>
>>30953714
Sig Sauer P229 Legion
>>
>>30953726
Really? Pistol for home defense is triggering to you?
Tumbler is ------->
>>
>>30953714
Just get a Glock. You'll always want one even if you hate their cult following.

t. student and wish I had saved up for a Glock
>>
>>30953714
Congrats on turning 18 op, glad you made it off /pol/
buy a 22 or ak/ar and don't waste your time on a handgun, you will buy one later
>>
>>30955371
This, but consider a shotgun, mossberg 500 or Rem 870 most popular and most revered, if home defense is most important. That or a rifle.
>>
>>30955206
No, it's the fact that you specifically want to OC. kinda a red flag for morons.
>>
>>30953714
anything that isn't glawk
>>
>>30953714
What's your budget? What caliber? Give us literally any details.

>open carry
P.S. kys
>>
>>30957071
OC does have some pros. Just let people carry how they want, instead of being an armchair operator.
>>
>>30957647
As an armchair operator I wonder why you only want to occasionally open carry. Are all other times you carry to be concealed? Why would you only carry your firearm on specific days instead of every day?
>>
>>30957988
I think you have me confused with OP mate. I said nothing about my own carry habits.
>>
>>30953714
If you don't care about being stylish, some flavor of mid-full size Glock (I'd go with 9mm or 10mm, but that's just me) is a solid choice. another good choice is the Beretta 92 (which looks nicer than the Glock, if you are feeling stylish and practical). Those are my personal favorite pistols because of great ammo capacity and reliability, but there's a myriad of pistols that are good choices. Choose what feels right to you and works for you. There's no perfect answer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.