[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NRA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: NRA.jpg (264KB, 1335x1440px) Image search: [Google]
NRA.jpg
264KB, 1335x1440px
Should I join the NRA?

I'm not really even sure what they do. Are there any /k/ommamdos in the NRA that can give me some insight?
>>
>>30940269
>I'm not really even sure what they do.
Ask for money once or twice a month, send you a magazine once a month, email you about gun legislation every now and then.

That's mostly it.
>>
>>30940269
Very effective way to deny antigunners. Look into NRA ILA
>>
>>30940299
As
>>30940314
Said, it actually is very important to support them. They do a lot of good work in Washington defending 2A. I don't like a lot (most) of their members but joining is a good investment if you care about gun rights.
>>
I bought a heritage arms revolver and got a free NRA membership out of it. It's pretty nice.

Some ranges offer discounts.
>>
>>30940269
they send you spam emails and letters asking for more money or trying to sell you shitty knives. they didnt do shit for my state.
>>
>>30940363
>bitter commiefailian/new england shithole resident detected
>>
>>30940269
They'll ask you for money, put that money towards paying for blood sucking lawyers to defend our rights, occasionally raffle off guns/other stuff, send you magazines (the paper, readable kind), and offer other benefits like insurance for your guns and stuff.

They also offer a credit card, no idea if it's good but I haven't looked into it much.
>>
>>30940269
The make gun control advocates angry, and politicians scared.

Just remember the Democratic debate when Clinton said her biggest enemy was the NRA. They're a hilarious bogeyman for the left-wing anti-gun types, since they're effective at getting their constituency to vote out anti-gun politicians thanks to the single-issue tendencies of us gun owners.
>>
>>30940269

In general they are ok but don't have the balls to push for more freedoms. Like repealing the Hughes amendment or NFA reform. Things that modern gun owners care about.
>>
I support them because at the end of the day they DO take the brunt of the anti-gun blows.

Look into the GOA as well as a local state group as well.

Anyone with a gun should be a member of at least one pro gun organization.
>>
>>30940269
Nah, they're going to get outlawed as a terrorist organization after Hillary is elected
>>
>>30940269
They wait until it's convenient to sell away our gun rights, then they do it.
>>
File: GOA.jpg (28KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
GOA.jpg
28KB, 265x265px
>>30940269

I'm a GOA member. They compromise less than the NRA and don't seem to ask for money as much. They send the occasional letter keeping you up to date on major bills working their way through the legislature and they give you postcards too with a message from them that you sign and send to your state reps.

Libs hate GOA even more than the NRA which is a plus in my book. And their T-shirts are bitchin.
>>
>>30940269
They offer a free 2,500 for firearm insurance with membership. Which is really nice. And you can pay a little extra to get additional coverage on your guns if you have a more expensive collection. You also get 5,000 for family accident coverage, though I don't know much about that. But that is also free with your active membership.

You will get a ton of emails and mail asking for more money. I just toss it into the shredder mostly, it's not a big deal. The magazine is pretty decent, I like American Rifleman.

Some people report getting a ton of calls asking for more money. This was a problem for me a while back, but I just calmly explained to them that I am a college student without a lot of disposable income and asked to be placed on the do not call list. I have not been called since, and that was probably 5 years ago.

When you renew your membership you get a little tote of some kind. I have a portable cooling bag and a pistol bag that I got from them, I like them well enough.

And they are still the most effective and committed group towards protecting your rights. It's worth the like 100 bucks or whatever they're asking for a 3 year membership.

I will probably become a life member once I finish school and get a good job. I'll wait around for them to put the membership on sale though. This gives you permanent voting rights at NRA conventions. One day our generation will take the reigns of this organization and will wrestle it away from the fudds. Then it will be truly great.
>>
I originally only joined because the range near me is NRA only.
But I haven't really regretted it. They generally keep me apprised of anti-gun legislation in my state.
Only problem is the spam.
All in all, probably our best counter weight to the Brady Campaign and other gun grabbers.
>>
They don't fight for you. They fight for manufacturers. Problem is they're the largest lobby and have the biggest dick to swing around.
>>
>>30940734
>One day our generation will take the reigns of this organization and will wrestle it away from the fudds

I so look forward to this day. I plan to get a lifetime membership once i have the grand or wherever saved up.

To be fair, until this happens, the organization will continue to be shit.
>>
>>30940269
no

gun owners of america is better
>>
>thinking you need the NRA to have a Right to Bear Arms

it's in the constitution

if a government agent comes to take your weapon away, put a bullet or ten in their skull
>>
Just got my membership card today!

I think itd be cool to become more involved with them eventually get into the lobby side of things and such.
>>
join the NRA
>>
NRA doesn't do everything, but they do a lot of thinks. People still bitch and moan about stuff, but they still are the largest group that at least fights some (not all) of the major infringements.

Be a member if you can, if anything think of it as getting a magazine, insurance for your gun (I think the cover up to 2500), and some other shit. Tell them to not send you spam and they stop.

If you don't want to support them, then support other gun group if you want, they aren't the only guys around.
>>
File: AnotherNRAbaitThread-2.jpg (118KB, 1320x491px) Image search: [Google]
AnotherNRAbaitThread-2.jpg
118KB, 1320x491px
>>30942402
>>
>>30940920
I'd prefer to prevent it from getting to that point.
>>
>>30940269
Join because it's one of the only Washington lobby that you directly contribute to and works actively for something that benefits you. They might not always win and they might have to compromise but they're still essentially looking out for their fundraisers (you).
>>
>>30940299
Gun magazine or reading magazine?
>>
>>30942411
I support the NRA, but they did help pass some real bullshit US gun manufacturers friendly import restrictions in the 80's.

That's why we can only import "sport versions" of specific guns.
>>
>>30942606
>but they did help pass some real bullshit US gun manufacturers friendly import restrictions in the 80's.

No, Papa Bush did. They didn't support it.
>>
Everyone should join at least once in their life, get the sticker, and then let the membership lapse. They're not as bad as everyone says and I've kept abreast of local legislation because of them and that's cool.
>>
>>30940269
Yes, join. I did a life membership for 500 bucks. The more NRA members we have, the stronger our clout is on the national level. You know what makes people like Harry Reid not fuck with guns? The NRA in his state and the amount of smearing they will do if you fuck with our guns.

Are they perfect? Nope, but they are still better than GOA because they actually have the political muscle to scare politicians from playing their stupid games.
>>
>>30942836
They only have more muscle than GOA because you joined them instead. Dollar for dollar, GOA does more with your donations than NRA, so if you really want to help protect gun rights then start supporting the GOA.
>>
>>30942905
Or you know, you could join both like I did. That and I joined the TSRA here in Texas. Why settle for one group?
>>
>>30942574
Yes
>>
>>30940269
Depends. Are you willing to actually work in conjunction with the NRA and be in touch with your regional reps, or are you one of the hundreds of dummies on /k/ who just want to bitch about the NRA doesn't do enough because "California" or "New York". The NRA is just a lobby group; they aren't legislators and can only influence legislators in that the NRA's constituents must back up the threats they make.
>>
>>30942905
Proofs?
>>
File: 42e.jpg (42KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
42e.jpg
42KB, 680x510px
absolutely OP, I am a lifetime member and the NRA, imperfect as they are, help us battle the vipers that would otherwise bite us on the ass.

Any US gun owner that talks shit about NRA needs to think about what they would do if the NRA suddenly went away. You'd be up a fucking creek, that's what. Even the loliticians admit the NRA is a huge pain in the ass for them when they come for your guns.

you entitled babbys that go on and on about how shitty everything is should go spend a few days volunteering for an organization like this and learn what the fuck is really happening in your country.
>>
>>30940269
Only the ILA matters.

Why don't people understand this?
>>
>>30940734
>>30940900
>>30942836
>>30944289

Do life memberships go on sale often? I'm in college right now so $1500 is much more than I can afford.
>>
>>30940269
They make money off gun owners then act like they're trying to help our rights rather than take our cash
Fuck the NRA
>>
>>30942402
>>30942411
Fuck off shill, NRA are just money grabbing kike cunts that work in unison with the government and the weapons manufacturers
>>
>>30945974
Life membership is $500 now, just got a notice the other day. Don't buy from the site directly, look around for deals.

Also, you can do the "easy pay" which is 25 a month until you pay it off. Of course, you don't get the jacket or whatever they're offer now.
>>
>>30946054

Been looking all day senpai
>>
>>30940363
This. They were nowhere to be found in washington during our losing battle against I-594 and I dont expect that they will be of any help to us when the grabbers enact an AWB next year. Fuck the NRA. GOA is the only no-compromise lobby.
>>
File: take my money.jpg (347KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
take my money.jpg
347KB, 2560x1600px
>>30945974
>Do life memberships go on sale often?
Yes. You can call them up and ask for it, or you can pay for one years membership and they will call you and offer the sale price around $200 to $300. Election years are usually the best/cheapest time to ask about lifetime deals.
>>
>>30946252
Will call today and tell how it goes
>>
>>30940269
1) if you do any high power competition sanctioned under NRA rules, it's easier if you have a NRA member number
2) you get a magazine
3) you get a card
4) you get some discounts on stuff
5) you get $2,500 in insurance on your guns
6) you can get instructor certifications if you like.

Also they're good at lobbying too, but that's only like 3% of their budget.
>>
>>30940269
>state gets grant from NRA to rebuild public range and make it up to NRA standards
OK
>there will be an RO as part of the requirements for the grant
And things just went to shit. Depending on if the RO is a dick the NRA may have ruined my local range OP.
>>
>>30946442
NRA's underwriter requires it. Welcome to the magical world of insurance.
>>
>>30946454
On the bright side, if the RO isn't a dick he'll probably keep people from trashing the range like they usually do which would be nice.
>>
Been a member for 6 years. Just all of a sudden realized (stupid me) that places like NJ and CA still exist, lots of states still require all sorts of shit just to buy ammunition, and NRA hasn't managed to unfuck some pretty nasty regulations. That really gives anti-gunners a sense that the promised land of a gun-free America is close, which means NRA isn't doing enough.
I usually respond to their silly raffles and pay an extra $50 here and there. I'm glad they've been a lobby in Washington, but I think I'm going to not renew next year. I hear Gun Owners of America and another couple of groups I need to research tend to do more for protecting individual gun ownership rights.
>>
>>30940920
>Thinking that "Reasonable Common Sense Public Health Issue" legislation isn't gaining traction in a lot of circles.

Lots of things are in the constitution, people still fight for them every day dumbass.
>>
>>30940299
I've yet to get a magazine or a sticker from these guys. All they sent me was th he shitty rangel bag.
>>
>>30940299
Also, send cool knives and gear every once in a while
>>
File: 1439502988836.jpg (88KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
1439502988836.jpg
88KB, 900x652px
>>30946001
Nice vernacular
>pic related
>>
>>30946001
False flagging CTR shill trying to make /pol/ look bad
>>
File: proofsrooster.png (62KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
proofsrooster.png
62KB, 860x650px
>>30946001
>>
>>30946615
see
>>30942402
>>30942411

GOA is fucking tiny, and while they do good they are nowhere near as effective as the NRA.
>>
>>30946252
Called and they offered my the $500 membership, thanks anon
>>
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.