[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 26

File: 1470620310401.png (230KB, 522x530px) Image search: [Google]
1470620310401.png
230KB, 522x530px
I didn't see one so i figured i'd start one.

I was just thinking about a hypothetical scenario. What would you be charged with if you went to a presidential candidate rally and somehow jumped up on the stage and shot at the candidate with blanks(and you weren't shot)? And when they caught you and went through all your shit, they found a note saying "I'm going to go to x's rally, jump up on stage and shoot them with blanks to see how they punish me even though no one was at risk other than me.".

What do you think the outcome would be? Do you think the outcome would have changed if you had modified the gun so that the barrel was completely sealed at the end, so they couldn't argue that something may have become lodged in the barrel and became a projectile?

Also, your mother may, or may not, die in her sleep tonight if you reply to this post.
>>
something something criminal intent?
>>
>>30934065
They'd probably just give you a fine and let you on your way. Go for it!

I picked up a few stripped AR lowers, and intend to SBR one. Should I build it as a pistol and wait for the NFA paperwork to replace buffer tube to put a stock on? Or would it be easier to just assemble the lower and get an upper once everything clears?
>>
for an RPK build, why would I go with a NoDak Spud NDS-9 over a NDS-7?

Do I need to use an NDS-9 for a Yugo parts kit?
>>
I see shiny boit carrier groups for ARs, are there any pluses to having a shiny chrome bolt over a black milspec?
>>
>>30934948
coated BCGs are easier to clean and have lower friction
people say you can run them almost dry but it's not a great idea
>>
>>30934961
>people say you can run them almost dry but it's not a great idea

So you're should CLP before shooting? Why did the Army never tell me this
>>
>>30934966
you can run any BCG dry, but if you paid for it you usually try to get better mileage out of it
it's like changing the oil in your car
>>
>>30934065

Is disturbing the peace a crime over there? You would be charged with that

Also, it could be interpreted as a threat

So you'll have fun
>>
>>30934065
You wouldnt have a chance to explain shit, they would kill you on the spot before you fired, or before realizing you fired blanks; probably even if they realized you were firing blanks because there would be no way to prove they knew that.

Ultimately it would be spun as the target heroically surviving a crazed assasination attempt.
>>
File: 1470799201604.jpg (30KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470799201604.jpg
30KB, 402x600px
>>30931039
>>30934065
Can anyone recommend me a good website to by gear from? Mainly looking to get a chest rig and some pouches for it.

Tried to buy shit from opsgear and it's been over a week (in business days) and they still haven't shipped my shit. Will have to file a dispute through paypal.
>>
>>30935215
Accidentally cross posted, it's early here.
>>
>>30935215
Also forgot to mention it needs to be able to ship internationally. I'm a canuc/k/.
>>
File: 1461458849973.jpg (177KB, 1360x2048px)
1461458849973.jpg
177KB, 1360x2048px
Are longer twist rates better for lighter or heavier grains I can't remember which
>>
Hey American friends, what would you say the most common Machine Guns in civilian hands is in the USA, pre-ban stuff.

or in a SHTF scenario what would be the most common MGs to see in civilan hands? Not rifles but proper mg's ideally. Any ideas would be great.
>>
If I'm under 21 and order ammo online does ups check for 18+ or 21+?
>>
>>30935896
MAC-10, they were pumped out by the thousand just before the ban and dirt cheap. Unpleasant little guns.
If people stopped caring about laws, I imagine there'd be some 3-hole ARs and AKs floating around. actual MG's like 240s and M2s and such would be from the military, because there aren't a ton on registry and there's not much in the current market to convert.
>>30936417
depends on the shop.
SG Ammo won't if you don't pay for the signature confirmation, they just leave my 9mm on the doorstep.
>>
>>30935661
shorter is better for stabilizing heavier (faster spin)
longer is better for stabilizing lighter (slower spin)
>>
File: IMG_20160810_123535.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160810_123535.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Is this legal, and if so explain why not?
>>
So I recently learned about shit like Dexpan.

Could you make an 80% lower and ship it with dexpan powder and premade creases so that all you need to do to manufacture the lower is put it in water?
>>
Where's a good place to buy ammo online?
>>
>>30937166
no, Ares got hit by the ATF on something similar to this. They were selling 80% lowers, with the remaining 20% in a softer polymer that would melt before the rest. ATF called shenanigans and had it ruled illegal.
>>
>>30937091
You're still getting a bunch of bullets to come out with one trigger pull.
>>
>>30937222
See. the thing with the Dexpan idea is that you can machine the entire lower out of one block, so the manufacturing argument is stronger.
>>
>>30937246
The trigger is being pulled multiple times
>>
>>30937263
As far as the ATF is concerned, the rear trigger is the real trigger.

The better loophole is to have a trigger that fires once when it's pulled back and once when it's released.

That one is actually legal.

Go make an AR trigger group that does this, I'm tired of waiting.
>>
Europoor here, not sure if this belongs here, but im in need of metric FN FAL 3-10 round mag? i have been looking everywhere also from american shops, very few is willing to ship to ship here or have any mags in stock. I tried to contact Thermoldmagazines but no answer so far.
>>
>>30937280
Imagine that trigger with a SlideFire stock
>>
>>30934065
Are there any build it yourself kits for cap and ball revolvers? if so, where can i get one? I love the idea ever since finding those Tradition kits for rifles and single shot pistols.
>>
>>30934065
fuck you mang
>>
Is a preban galil in 308 worth 3500? Should I just buy it?
>>
>>30937280
Thats already exist. Ones called the binary trigger and the other is called the echo or some shit
>>
>>30934065
kill yourself
>>
>>30934065
You would be charged with lead
>>
>>30934065
You would not survive.
>>
>>30934065
I'm a gun newb. Any recommendations on sites to order replacement parts?
>>
>>30934065
I dont know what it would be called, but you would be looking at 5years prison at least.
>>
Did I do good or did I buy the wrong ammo for my 9mm?
>>
>>30938906
what 9mm gun?
it's probably fine
>>
I recently was gifted some guns from my grandfather and he lubed the hell out of the magazines (don't ask me why). I am getting tons of jams and such even though the rifles are clean and well oiled. Is there any way to unfuck the magazines?
>>
>>30938975
take it apart and wipe it down
>>
what are some great fal models that i can look at? interested in it rn
>>
>>30934065
At the bare minimum, you could expect something like Dimassimo got, which was 1 year in prison, $100,000 in fines, and 1 year of probation.

http://wdtn.com/2016/03/25/dimassimo-pleads-not-guilty-in-stage-rush-case/

If you use a real gun or something that looks like a it could maybe be real gun, then don't be surprised if you catch a bullet from the Secret Service ON THE SPOT. You won't even get a chance to say that "it was all a prank, dude!" If for some reason you are subdued without incident, the presence of a gun-like object will most likely escalate your charges to something like brandishing or assault. Think of how broadly those kinds of laws are written in various states. In some states, a verbal threat to use a gun on someone is the same as actually attempting to use it. Do you think it will matter if the bore of your gun is plugged up? Since the event is being secured by the Secret Service, those charges are going to be very serious. Think of what Dimassio did, which was basically attempted trespassing, but since it was a federally secure area, he got a year in prison and a massive fine. If you pull a stunt like you're describing, you can probably expect no less than 30 years in prison.
>>
>>30938779
depends. what gun?
>>
>>30934948

Fancy coatings are amazing. I've got a NP3 coated BCG and I use frog lube. You can literally wipe off 1,000 rounds of carbon build up with a paper towel. No brushing, scrubbing, or chemicals required.
>>
File: Tree and Hills.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px)
Tree and Hills.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Would regular centerfire primers (pistol or rifle carytridge primers) reliably ignite black powder? I'm building a muzzleloader completely from scratch and the percussion caps people use for those are fuck expensive compared to primers.
>>
>>30934930
NDS-9, the NDS-7 is for the old Romanian kits.
>>
Why don't we have a pistol general?
>>
>>30938906
9mm Luger is 9x19, which is the "normal" 9mm. Unless you've got a Makarov or something, where you should know it is different ammo already, you're fine.
>>
I'm looking for a 26 round magazine for a glock 30, which ones should I buy/avoid?
>>
>>30939509
we don't need more damned generals
>>
Say I'm going to be gone for a year, what's the best way to store guns and ammo?

How do I go to church? I've never been and want to try it.
>>
Can a 5'7" 130 lb manlet comfortably use 10x12 plates, or do I absolutely need to stick to small SAPI?
>>
File: HRR22.jpg (24KB, 700x290px)
HRR22.jpg
24KB, 700x290px
>>30934065
I'm looking to buy a cheap revolver, mostly for target practice. Am I making a mistake by putting money into a rough rider? There's a shop near my house that sells them for $130.
>>
What are some Russian monsters? Writing a short supernatural story about Soviets in Afghanistan, but they need some form of mascot for the unit to interact with
>>
>>30940578
Store ammo in steel cases somewhere dry, throw some silica packs in there. Common sense stuff, nothing special. Clean and break down guns so that nothing's under pressure.

And if the church thing isn't a euphemism, depends on what kind of church. For a big Catholic one, just figure out when Mass is and go and sit in the back. They'll probably do Communion (the bread and wine thing) and a lot of kneeling, and standing, and sitting. If you're in the back no one should bother you.
>>
What do y'all think of a burger wanting to join the FFL?

To people in this thread that is in or was in. how was the process of joining and how hard was it?
>>
>>30940578
Put it in a sealed gun safe with some dessicants. Bury it if you're in an area prone to break ins.

Churches usually post scedules on their websites. Look for one with a lot of information about mission work. Then just show up at a time in between services and talk to an usher (they're easy to spot, as they stand in one place) and introduce yourself and tell them why you came.
That's how it works in Methodist churches anyway.
>>
What type of 5.56 ammo should I stock up on if I'm planning for ammo shortages and SHTF?
>>
Where can I find a Sig p320 adverse trigger?
>>
>>30941167
The cheapest/most that you can. Stay away from tulammo's galvanized stuff.
>>
>>30940863
I think they're great. The chiappa combo lr/mag is 109$ by me. I don't know about quality, not that the heritage is that great, but the chiappa feels a little better in my hand. Either way, fun as hell, basically free to shoot. And both come in magnum combos, so you sort of have a self defense option there
>>
File: Gun like contraptions.jpg (186KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Gun like contraptions.jpg
186KB, 1920x1279px
>>30934065

I know how much we all despise the stupid gun designs in the latest fallout; but they got me thinking about what sort of bodged together guns we would see in a post apocalypse.

Pipe shotguns are obviously very easy to build, as are Sten guns, crude bolt actions and Pepper Box revolvers.

But what else do you think would be common in a world governed by machining limitations not government regulations?

More specifically......

What would be the simplest functional design for a semi auto or full auto rifle? Could a Sten type design handle the pressure?
>>
>>30941286
To answer that last part, blowback doesn't work anywhere near safely or reliably with high pressure rounds like rifles. Take the Famas for example, it's barely delayed blowback, and they use only steel cased ammo because among other reasons, it is less likely to rupture
>>
>>30934065
go fuck yourself for that pic
>>
>>30941358

I figured that was probably the case.

So what would be the simplest design for an automatic rifle? Is it sufficiently complex that you might as well be building ghetto AKs and ARs?
>>
I want to get a lever action. .30-30 or .45-70? Any specific brands/types I should look at?
>>
>>30934065
assuming the secret service didn't just perforate you on principle, you'd at least get charged with something like terroristic threats.
>>
Who makes the best mp5 clone? Zenith? POF? Someone else?
>>
>>30941467

Winchester Model 94 for .30-30
>>
>>30934065
They might book you under disturbing the peace charges.
>>
>>30934756
"something something dragon dildos"
>>
File: 30vnhxd.jpg (58KB, 720x460px) Image search: [Google]
30vnhxd.jpg
58KB, 720x460px
>>30936417
almost never

>>30938779
gunpartscorp.com

>>30941231
call sig directly

>>30941358
it'll work, you just need a huge bolt
>>30941414
blowback, gas delayed blowback. but you wouldn't see people in that situation firing full auto much, they wouldn't have the ammo to make it worth the extra trouble to build.
>>
File: Volkssturmgewehr_(Sketch).jpg (35KB, 498x179px) Image search: [Google]
Volkssturmgewehr_(Sketch).jpg
35KB, 498x179px
>>30942084

>blowback, gas delayed blowback.

So maybe something like this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkssturmgewehr

>but you wouldn't see people in that situation firing full auto much, they wouldn't have the ammo to make it worth the extra trouble to build.

Yeah obviously, most of us wince at the cost of dumping a few magazines from a semi auto rifle in our pre apocalypse world.
>>
>>30942198
yeah, i've been toying with the idea of trying to make a gas delayed blowback rifle. see how simple i can make it.

the guns you are thinking of already exist wherever guns are heavily regulated
https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/
>>
So I know the general consensus is that Tikka makes pretty good rifles.

I noticed that they launched a new T3x line, anyone on here own / shoot one?
Looking at getting my first bolt action rifle, I was thinking about .308 winchester for the caliber. I've also heard that Howa makes good rifles as well.
>>
The M4 entered service in 1994, what year did the M4A1 enter service? In any branch? Not the XM whatevers, just the A1
>>
Assault Rifles are intermediate calibre burst/automatic weapons.

Battle Rifles are full sized cartridge semi-automatic weapons.

What's the best category name for a semi-automatic version of an assault rifle such as the AR-15
>>
>>30942937

A semi automatic rifle.
>>
>>30942899
The M4A1 was introduced with Block I SOPMOD in 1994, spearheaded by the Navy. The M4A1 entered service along with the kit.

The M4A1 has been around pretty much as long as the M4, it just has not been mass issue until the Army recently started it's M4A1+ program.
>>
Can a 357 revolver shoot a 38 special?
>>
>>30943075

Yes; but a .38 special revolver can't shoot a .357 magnum.
>>
>>30934065
ug
>>
>>30938346
No?
Why not a VEPR in 308 for a fraction of the price?
Why not a SCAR 17s with plenty left over?
If it's a grail gun for you or something then I guess go for it, but if not buy something else.
>>
>>30942937
Modern sporting rifle.
>>
If .300 black out uses the same case as 5.56x45
Why does it suddenly become 7.62x35
I know its shortened, but why does the case diameter expand?
Shouldn't it be 5.56x35?
>>
>>30943237
The point of .300 blk is to use a larger .30 cal bullet. To do this, the case is cut back to a wider part which can take the bullet, and reshaped.
>>
>>30943056
>>30943194
Thanks /k/ommandos
>>
>>30938179
Check Dixie gun works, they have THE best collection of black powder stuff.
Their store is just... holy shit. it's a paradise.
>>
>>30934065
Blanks can still kill people if there's something lodged in the barrel. That's how the main character of The Raven (Bruce Lee's son) died.
>>
I don't feel like googling this and rather have a chance at a conversation with others

>this is my only chance at socializing

What is the best gun to use the x54r?
>ib4 nugget
>>
>>30943399
>>What is the best gun to use the x54r?
any qualifiers to "best gun"?
Guns are tools, they have their niches. A tool that is good for one task often isn't good for another tool's
>>
>>30943176
The Vepr is designed for hunting. The Galil and SCAR heavy are combat rifles.
>>
>>30943399
There are multiple contenders
for concealment:
>SVU-AS
for engaging multiple targets and high firing rate
>PKM
for long range combat
>SVD
for cheap powerful rifle
>Mosin Nagant
>>
what brand makes the best 7.62x54r?
>>
>>30943584

Vepr
>>
File: 1469312442458.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px)
1469312442458.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
I've been firing corrosive ammo in my 98K. How thorough do I have to be in my cleaning? I've cleaned the barrel and whiped down the bolt, do I need to disassemble the bolt and clean the parts?

pic related
>>
>>30943612
Just rinse the barrel after firing, then clean out the barrel and bolt face as normal with decent solvent. No need to disassemble to bolt.
Oil when done.
>>
you fags with nuggets - do you actually check the headspace before buying / shooting it? Just read about this issue and now I'm freaking out thinking the bolts going to fly back and kill me.
>>
>>30943667
not really, if the rifle looks OK I just go ahead and trust it. The lugs will hold the bolt.
If you really want to be anal about it, Take a 54R round and try to chamber it. If that works, take another known good 54R round and put 2 pieces of Scotch tape on the back end of it, and try to chamber that as a ghetto "no-go" gauge- it shouldn't close.
If it passes these tests, shoot a mag through it. Inspect each piece of brass for unusual stresses- the neck shouldn't stretch compared to unfired brass, and the primer shouldn't bulge out. Small cracks in the neck are OK for steel cases.
>>
>>30943724
Sounds good, thanks. The numbers on the bolt match the stock and barrel, so I didn't think I'd have a problem but fuck me after reading all this shit.
>>
>>30939389
should but why dont you just build a real gun or make a break action that fires a 22 blank and than just muzzle load 177, 22, or whatever pellets
>>
>>30943517
>for long range combat
>>SVD

>long range combat
>SVD
pick one.
>>
>>30943813
>>30939389
proof of concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZpy55U-jY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNAQ0-iDn3g
>>
>>30943819
Hmm this one requires some thought give me an hour
>>
i want a cheap DA revolver, as dirt cheap as i can get without it exploding in my hand what do you recommend?
>>
aside from the flechette, caseless, and gyrojet rounds, have world armies tried other meme ammos?
>>
>>30943926
Yes. http://www.quarryhs.co.uk/ has a good selection of some oddities in their cartridge collection.
>>
>>30943908
Armor M206 can be had for like 200 burgerbux. I have very limited personal experience with it, but Armscor/RIA products tend to be solid, if not we'll finished.
>>
Since the Lee Enfield can accept detatchable mags, why don't people carry a bunch of enfield mags with them and reload through dropping the mag like more modern guns? It seems a little faster than using the stripper clips.
>>
>>30934065
>what is BS "disturbing the peace"
>what is the possibility of having a firearm in an area that bans them on a federal level
>what is brandishing (and pointing) a firearm with "ill intent" (as it would be called)
>>
>>30943926

Underwater ammo?
>>
>>30943984
They were heavy and expensive to produce back in the day. Loading an Enfield via changing magazines didn't save you much time. It takes two hands to remove an Enfield's magazine and a trained solider could reload an Enfield pretty quickly even under stress. You also couldn't carry as many magazines as you could full stripper clips.

Basically it wasn't worth it.

You have to remember that magazines were still in their early years. Producing reliable mags was more difficult than it is today.
>>
>>30943996

And also

>blanks != shoots nothing

dem assault charges for burnt powder and whatnot.
>>
>>30943612
Don't worry about the bolt but make sure you get the barrel good with some hoppes.

If you're firing cheap surplus ammo you'll never get clean swabs. Graphite is used in the powder and turns the barrel black as shit. It's harmeless but it's impossible to get clean.

I've put 100+ swabs through my K98 after shooting some surplus Yugo shit. Between the swabs and the brush, the swabs were still coming out black.

I've noticed no decrease in accuracy and no decay of the bore over time so don't worry about dirty swabs after 20 or so attempts.
>>
>>30937280
Already exists and was okay' by the ATF.

See:
Franklin Armory Binary Trigger
Fostech Echo Trigger
>>
>>30934065
you'd be shot on sight. so, you wouldn't be charged with anything.
>>
File: my butthurt.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
my butthurt.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is an SKS good for hunting y/n
>>
Say I'm looking at .357 magnum lever-actions
specifically .357 because I want to minimize the ammo types I need to feed my guns while I'm a poorfag and because .357 out of a carbine/rifle-length barrel is pretty mean so it should make for a decent HD gun.
How do the Rossi carbines stack up?
Are there any .357 magnum leverguns available with a pistol grip/curved stock, or am I pretty much forced to go with straight stock?
How difficult would it be to throw a red dot and a light on one?
>>
>>30944506
>short and handy
>longer barrel than an AK
>7.62x39 is basically a light .30-30
>not impossible to mount a scope on SKS
it'll work for medium game and anything smaller that you don't intend to eat, out to typical hunting distances
>>
I've seen an Galil ARM for $1,300 in CA. Is that a fair price for it?
>>
I have some time left until I can buy a modern firearm. Are muzzleloaders a viable home defense option for the meantime or should I stick to machete and pepper spray
>>
File: Autism.jpg (1MB, 3780x980px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
1MB, 3780x980px
>>30944517

>Are there any .357 magnum leverguns available with a pistol grip/curved stock, or am I pretty much forced to go with straight stock?
>How difficult would it be to throw a red dot and a light on one?

Heresy.
>>
File: blunderbuss_F1.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
blunderbuss_F1.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
>>30944653

I mean, I wouldn't want to get shot by a blunderbuss.

Its a pretty crazy home defense option; but if you want one and you've got a bunch of money burning a hole in your pocket /k/ would certainly get a giggle if we heard about a home invader getting wasted by ye olde pirate gun on the local news.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/18th-century-54-cal-blunderbuss-kit?a=918441
>>
>>30935896
Most common MGs in SHTF will probably be full-retard AR-15/M16's. Whether those already illegally converted, those stolen from the armed forces, or those converted by individuals after the collapse of law and order-see lightning links and such. I'd think you'd also be likely to see a whole bunch of shoestring MGs based on AK, M1/M1A, mini-14... depending on how exactly SHTF, you might also see home-grown open bolt SMGs (Sten-like).
>>
>>30937091
Object is designed to convert a existing firearm to fire several rounds per pull of the trigger. By ATF standards that is a machine gun.
Bumpfire stocks cheat by not messing with the trigger, but by effectively making you pull it very fast. I suggest you try to do something similar if you want legal pseudo-auto fire.
>inb4 doggo
I'm not Murican.
>>
>>30944728
It's essentialy like a slug from a shotgun at close range, right? Muskets shoot .69 cal lead balls, what diameter are 12g slugs?
>>
File: 7 barrel boarding gun.jpg (121KB, 800x1042px) Image search: [Google]
7 barrel boarding gun.jpg
121KB, 800x1042px
>>30944728

I guess, for home defense you'd keep it loaded in advance, keep it propped upright against the wall and cover the barrel with saran wrap to keep shit from getting in there.

Then if Tyrone broke in you'd put your percussion cap on, cock the hammer and get yer pirate on.

This whole scenario amuses me. I mean you can load practically anything into a blunderbuss.
>>
>>30944767

You can shoot anything that will fit in there out of a blunderbuss anon. Pirates used to stuff the damned things with silverware and black powder if they ran out of shot.

For the one posted you could fire a .54 cal slug which would be pretty formidable or you could just load the thing with powder and buckshot and cap it with a wad to keep your shit from falling out.
>>
>>30934966

They did... at least for me...

Did you guys not have people spritzing your shit with CLP on range days?
>>
>>30944767

>what diameter are 12g slugs

Also .69
>>
What's a good C&R handgun to go with an SKS? Thinking either a Tokarev or a Makarov. Anyone have any other recommendations?
>>
File: Obrez Nunchuks.jpg (38KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
Obrez Nunchuks.jpg
38KB, 500x366px
>>30944806
>>
>>30943237
The caliber isn't the size of the case base, it's the diameter of the bullet. Look at pics of the 5.56 and .300 blk, the blk has a much lesser bottleneck.
>>
>>30943724
>ghetto "no-go" gauge
Nice.
>>
Why were revolvers so popular while revolver rifles weren't?
>>
I'm arguing on facebook and someone brought up the BS claim that "having a gun in the home increases the risk of homicide".

I'm absolutely certain that this is the case, but not because of the gun, but rather because people living in dangerous areas are more likely to own a gun, and since they live in dangerous areas they are more likely to become a homicide victim.

I know I have read that in a study somewhere, and also seen a picture of it on /k/, but for the life of me I can not find it again. Google also just brings up a bunch of anti gun articles, I'm starting to sense a bias there.

The study or pic basically said that yes, having a gun in the home increases risk of homicide, but that this was only the case because people living in shitty places were more likely to buy guns, and that basically renting a place or living in a bad place was far more dangerous.

Anyone know the study or the pic?
pls help
>>
>>30945756
Don't they also count suicides as homicide or something?
>>
>>30945765
Not sure.
The particular "article" I was linked claimed that owning a gun made suicide more likely. Which is obviously bullshit, since it's the other way around. Wanting to comit suicide makes it more likely to get a gun, but that's hardly the guns fault.
>>
>>30945756
Protip- correlation foes not imply causation. Say that it's highly probable that both have a similar source, such as living in a high crime environment.
>>
>>30945749
google cylinder gap
>>
>>30945832
I would prefer to shut him up with actual statistics tho.
>>
>>30944769
>this just in
>white male shoots unarmed black male during a "wealth redistribution attempt"
>reports say the unarmed black male was struck by nails, forks, pebbles, razor blades, mlp toys, and loose change
>senator cuckshekelstien says we need to ban these dangerous assault style blunderbusses
>more on this story after we finish exploiting children for political advancement
>>
Hypothetical question:
A pellet .177 fired with a blank 6mm Flobert, may kill someone in a short distance?
>>
>>30934900
I'd say just build a pistol with a rifle buffer tube, but no stock put on it yet
>>
>>30934065
pls no kill my mom, I love her
>>
Whos that bleached blond guy with glasses i see get posted on here all the time?
>>
>>30934065
DEAMON SEMEN!
>>
>>30938940
>>30939510
Thank yup kind anons. I bought the case because it was 9 cents per round, Didn't want to open it as it would effect the resale price for an open box.

Hope you both have a nice day
>>
>>30941286
how to build a sten gun?

is there a pictorial or something for it?
>>
>>30938906
What king of handgun do you plan on using that ammo in anon
>>
>>30938346
Despite being a Galil lover myself I can't justify that price. If you want something fun, pick up an FNC for 3k, and start saving uo for one of the registered auto sears. Then you've got yourself a cheap full retard gat.
>>
I'm trying to order a completed AR lower from a site, but I have no idea what the fuck to do.
You have to ship these things to an FFL, I know as much, there's a space to fill out all the info at checkout, but... I'm lost.
I can't just punch in the info for the nearest gun store/ffl near me, do I? Their site even has a listing of dealers they do business with, should I call up one of those guys and ask?
What is proper online order etiquette?
>>
>>30947068
Proper etiquette is to call em up and ask if they'll receive a transfer for you. Check their transfer prices while on the phone, too.
They pretty much never turn down what is basically free money
>>
Will a 10/22 cycle subsonic ammunition?
>>
>>30947081
Cool, thank you very much.
Just got off the phone with the guy, and yeah they seemed very enthusiastic to take the business.
>>
Trump much?
>>
>>30943376
thanks.
>>
>>30940578
get a light oil based grease (rubber grease or something similar), sensually smear it over all metal parts (strip gun if needed for those sexy tight spots and bits that the stock cover) coat a patch in said grease, and gently and seductively coat the inside of the barrel.

If you have a safe- throw a big fuck off packet of silica in the safe and tape up all the nooks and cranny's

If you are storing them elsewhere, get some form of plastic, put small silica packet in it, then seal up
(vacuum sealing works so fucking well for this)

sawse- -Ive sadly locked up my funs (including my fuck off expensive Sako) for 2 years whilst im here in bong land
>>
>>30943984
Pretty much there is was only as many mags produced as there was rifles, stripper clips were much faster and cheaper to produce.

as >>30944031 says, you do kinda need 2 hands to manipulate the rifle for reloading, stripper clip is much faster

fun fact- many NZ ^ stamped no1's were issued with a small chain between the mag and rifle, so you could remove the mag for cleaning, but loose the fucking thing.
>>
File: 1470367392253.jpg (12KB, 227x207px) Image search: [Google]
1470367392253.jpg
12KB, 227x207px
>>30947268
god my grammar was awful there

I meant to say so you cant loose the fucking thing
>>
Any boating or fishing bros out there? What caliber do you carry with you and why? I live in Florida and own a small skiff but I dunno what to carry for gators, if I should just bring my 12ga slug gun or my sr40. But I've been reading that glocks are far better suited for these kind of enviorments. So any suggestions would be appreciated. And yes, salt/fresh water. Usually fresh.
>>
>>30944506
Yes- have shot goats and fallow deer with mine

>>30944517
Have a 16" 44 mag rossi, cool little gun, stops everything. Light and fun to use

>>30947090
Yes, give it a big clean first, it wont cycle subs if the action is filthy
>>
this is sold as a combination KR2 antistab & NIJ IIA ballistic west. According to the description it's pure aramid. is that feasible? I thought you needet steel rings or plates. also, is it a good deal at 300?
>>
Newfag here. I'm looking to buy my first gun and I really like the Beretta 92FS, especially the sexy as fuck INOX version. I've seen several reviews of the gun and they are all very positive. Would you recommend it for a beginner?
>>
File: 58491.jpg (95KB, 1200x572px)
58491.jpg
95KB, 1200x572px
Ballistol or Break-Away CLP?
>>
File: peeestalll.gif (73KB, 780x432px)
peeestalll.gif
73KB, 780x432px
>>30946933
This one. Can I go all rooty tootyy point and shooty with those booolets and have every thing go better than expedited friendo? I only bought those rounds because I spent $.09 cents per round.

Did I do good anonymous?
>>
>>30947911
Gay, get some chain mail from ring mesh if you're worried about being stabbed and a IIIA vest over the top of it.

Trying to make anti-ballistic material do something else is silly. You can still be stabbed in the belly, neck, kidneys and still die with the hot thing on. A powerful enough blow even to the Kevlar will still breach it. Little short of a strike with a firemans' axe with open chain mail.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-11-14h14m48s807.png (216KB, 615x394px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-11-14h14m48s807.png
216KB, 615x394px
Quick question:
Anyone know the name of this nazis units with those raincoats? I jus know they are SS.
>>
I just bought an old GI web sling. The metal is a tad oxidized (no problem touching that up) and the webbing is musty, dusty, and dry. Any "correct" method for breathing life back into the strap?
Thanks in advance.
>>
So if I wear a cape, and sling a rifle under said cape, would that count as concealed carry?
20% serious question
>>
>>30934065
>QTDDTOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzoZ1ccNQC4
>Is the girl at 54 seconds okay?
She sounds okay? I asked on /sp/ but they didn't know.
>>
>>30949978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1sNmIx2rI
Is the guy at the very beginning of this video okay?
>>
>>30948375
so just for the record...i can shoot these rounds >>30938906 through a regular 9m handgun. I'm not a super savoy gun owner, I'm a single mom wanting something for home defense

Thanks guys
>>
>>30951007
they should work in that.
Not great self defense ammo due to being FMJ, but they won't hurt the gun at all
>>
>>30951040
I don't really know a lot about guns but if someone can say for sure that this is the right kid of ammo for my Tanfoglio I'll post tits on /s/
>>
>>30951262
if it's the Tangfolio 9 it's fine
and no tits plz, unless you can seriously compete with Ai Shinozaki
>>
>>30937322
Those types of trigger don't work very well with slide fire because you end up pulling the trigger too fast, and somehow the bolt or something can't keep up (I don't exactly understand how).
>>
>>30938975
The oil in the rifle may be an issue. Most guns should be as dry as possible.>>30938992
>>
>>30934065
What the fuck is this? http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/contact/contact/16-sample-data-contact/35-shop-site/37-fruit-encyclopedia/39-b/5-bananas.html

Why is it even here?
>>
>>30949384

Those are winter coats, they were very common on the Eastern front.
>>
>>30951463
>Bananas are a great source of potassium.

You need potassium for the ion channels in your nerves to function correctly. It's hard to pull a trigger when you can't move your finger.

Definitely very /k/ related.
>>
>>30951463
B is for Bananas. GREAT source of potassium
potassium=k
>>
Hey /k/, I picked up a Ruger 10/22 takedown last week with the bx-25 magazine (both new).

First couple rounds wouldn't feed. I took 3 rounds out so there were only 20 in the mag, fired maybe 5 shots and it failed to feed again. Switched to the 10-round rotary mag and it shot 10 perfectly. Then tried the 25-rounder again and went through 2 mags with no probs then the 2nd to last round failed to eject and the last round jammed against it. Dropped the mag to clear it and both fell out.

I cleaned the bore and chamber before taking it to the range. I was shooting thunderbolt ammo, which someone recommended but others have said is shit. Guy at the gun store said the ruger will normally eat just about anything.

Anyone had similar issues? Any tips?
>>
>>30934065
Fuck, why did I read the green

Also what is /k/'s estimate on price for a puma white hunter that my grandpa had with him when he was doing fly over's in Vietnam? Not interested in selling family inheritance, just curious.
>>
>>30951413
>and no tits plz, unless you can seriously compete with Ai Shinozaki
Fuck you asshole, you don't like white women? Fucking cunt... my tits are beautiful.
>>
>>30949862
That would depend entirely on your state's laws. Here in Texas, for example, open carry of long guns like rifles is perfectly legal, but concealed carry of said rifles is always illegal, even with a CHL. You can, however, with the CHL, carry as many handguns at a time as you desire, which is comforting.
>>
>>30951641
I'd take some free tits. The 9mm Luger ammo you purchased is the type of ammo that your gun fires, and you should have no qualms about using it, or any other 9mm Luger ammo, in your gun. How many replies do you need telling you the same thing before you get it?

However, if you intend to use the firearm for defensive purposes against peaceful protesters or vibrantly-cultured migrants, most would recommend purchasing at least a box or two of high-quality hollowpoint ammunition.
>>
How thick a steel plate would have to be to completely block a 7.62x54 round?
>>
>>30937322
>>30951434
You outrun your bcg. You end up dropping the hammer before the bolt carrier has completed it's forward motion, basically inducing hammer follow. most of the time the hammer doesn't hit the firing pin hard enough to set off the primer when it rides the bolt carrier forward like that and you get a light primer strike, but occasionally (and depending on the weapon and ammo) it will set off a few rounds and then you'll get a light strike.
Wish I had a gif to demonstrate.
>>
>>30934065
i keked at the pic
>>
>>30947315
I'm sure both will work fine, I would trust a 12ga slug to put a gator down faster, but if I was actually being attacked by one, I think the handgun would be easier to reach for, aim, and fire one handed due to the size. You're the one in the boat, pick what you're comfortable with.
>>
File: 1459662902398.jpg (2MB, 3632x2016px)
1459662902398.jpg
2MB, 3632x2016px
>>30943612
I always run 1 or 2 water-soaked patches through. After that I run dry patches until bore is dry. Then I clean it like normal using hoppes. Not a spec of rust on my kar98k.

Pic related
>>
>>30934065
You'd be charged with first degree faggotry
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.