[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New gun law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
New bill passed in arizona about allowing concealed firearms in piblic right-of-way areas such as the road going through the middle of the UofA campus. Schools not saying anything about it since its not on school property but school officials are obviously upset.

The actual bill
http://www.azleg.gov/leg text/52leg/2r/bills/hb2338p.pdf

School news article
http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2016/04/column-new-gun-laws-would-endanger-students-in-az
>>
>>30912995
AZfag here
didn't read the article, just the URL, but the retards who think CCWers driving through their campus are endangering anyone are fucking clueless about how many people that don't have CCWs have guns in their car as they pass through anyways.

but you'll always get faggots who cry wolf when these laws pass, hopefully campus carry is next.
>>
>Arizona gun owners already have more firearm privileges than their peers in most other states.

I think this article gave me cancer
>>
>>30915139
Lel I refuse to give that sight any clicks but are you serious?
>we infringed on the rights of other states more than you so it's your turn to have your rights infringed by us.
>>
>>30915139
Wait, do they not? Permitless CC, no gimped guns, no mag capacity - or am I missing something?
>>
>>30915211
you're missing >>30915195
also
>rights
>privilege
>>
>>30915227
Right, okay.
Yeah, the privileges thing is bullshit. Then again, it IS a college campus, so undoubtedly anti-gun for the most part.

How the hell did it get to this point, anyway? Weren't college campuses supposed to foster creativity and discussion?
>>
>>30915275
only when it's approved by the artsy nu males who infest the staff and student body
>>
File: 1470316636399.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470316636399.gif
603KB, 320x240px
I remember last year there was a school shooting scare when some faggot from /r9k/ threatened to shoot up ASU. I told my friends not to go to school just in case, but one of them told me there are a LOT more CCWers on campus than anyone seems to think. I hope it's true, but it just goes to show the cowards of the school's government can do literally nothing to prevent it, especially not with their childish, empty promises of expellment should they catch anyone.

>mfw the ASU alert system starts chastising students for not trusting them to magically save us if a disaster does happen
stupid fucking grabbers
>>
just gonna go ahead and ask this here since its a small question, is there anywhere outside the phoenix city limits i can shoot currently? as far as im aware there are fire restrictions on a lot of land till the end of october. i was thinking tonopah-salome highway but im not 100% sure that its okay to shoot there currently this time of year
>>
>>30915358
There are cases where it's a bad idea, but honestly it's not different from any cases that are OFF campus. There was a shooting at NAU which left one student dead (and I think one injured), and it wouldn't have made news if it was a few hundred yards in a different direction. Instead, the victim gets a memorial plaque, a march, etc. just for being killed on campus instead of off.
>>
>>30914351
You don't need a conceal carry permit to carry a concealed handgun in AZ.
>>
I want to move to the US, should I move to Florida or Arizona? Heard the climate and nature is better in Florida but Arizona has better gun laws.

What are the demographics like?
>>
>>30915893
South Florida is full of blacks. Avoid it.
>>
>>30915893
i hear the opposite when it comes to climate, usually one of the pros of arizona is its lack of humidity which a lot of people like. mostly whites and hispanics
>>
>>30912995
Tempe here
Why have you not come home white man
>>
>>30915919
>>30915913
I've made a 3week roadtrip from Texas to Cali and back, never been to florida.
Really like the nature. I come from The Netherlands, and all we have are a couple of hills in the south, rest is all flat, no swamps either.

So the woods and swampy Florida looks cool too. Looking for work in the IT sector.
>>
>>30915893
>climate is better in Florida
I.. what. It's humid and hot pretty much year-round. AZ has hot summers, sure, but the rest of the time it's so nice here because of the dryness. Plus, the mountains are amazing.

Phoenix has a lot of whites and hispanics (NE has much more white, central-south has more hispanic); Flagstaff has a lot of whites and the hispanics are generally replaces by Native Americans. Also, flagstaff is nice because it has snow and the summers aren't as hot in Phoenix, so you could feasibly rent a place for the summer to escape the heat. Not much to do unless you're a university student, though.
>>
>>30915944
You could live in flagstaff nice comfy mountains lits of sun and mostly 70f
>>
>>30915893 central florida is mostly white upper class or red necks.mixed well with hispanics of all kinds and blacks of all kinds. its a nice place.
don't move to the number only streets though
>>
>>30915950
Flagstaff sounds good, as long as I can get a job.
>Not much to do unless you're a university student, though.
I'm planning on shooting at least half a million rounds a year, so looking for lots of government land, Arizona has loads of reservations so it might be harder than in Florida.

>>30915967
Sounds good.

>>30915990
Sorta red necky crowd is exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>>30912995
The Jewish media keeps marching on I see.
>>
>>30916001
Actually, AZ has a metric shitton of BLM land where you can shoot. The only thing you need to be worried about is fire hazard periods during the summer, which can be avoided farther north.
>as long as I can get a job
What's your specialty? The IT guy? If so you'd be better off in Phoenix, tons of companies there. If you're more into engineering, same, but there's some places like Gore and the small welding/consulting shops on Flagstaff. They also have a disproportionate "rednecky" crowd somehow, don't know why.
>>
>>30916048
how far north?
>>
File: 20160804_094149~2.jpg (2MB, 2671x1952px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_094149~2.jpg
2MB, 2671x1952px
>>30916001
It's easy all I shoot on I'd government land
>>
File: 1469865165562.png (267KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469865165562.png
267KB, 444x500px
>>30915316
>all colleges are liberal breeding grounds
This has not been my experience, then again I go to a private school in AZ, only like a dozen SJWs and the one liveral professor is anti PC as fuck. no girls though.
>>
>>30916054
Where you start to get more trees than cactuses and the land isn't all sand-colored, generally.

>>30916092
UAT?
>>
>>30916084
>Those shoes
>That holster
>Public land
>ak
Poverty sucks
>>
>>30916120
>AK
>public land
>being a symbol of poverty
AKs are fun as fuck to shoot and public land is free as long as people continue to pick up after themselves. I will agree on the shoes and holster thing, though.

Also, those mountains. Love them.
>>
>>30915368
Come up to Prescott nigga. Bit of a drive but innawoods as hell
>>
>>30912995
>When would an average citizen need to legally use a grenade?

Rly make u think
>>
>>30916158
Whenever they goddamn please as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.
>>
>>30916054
About an hour north of Phoenix on the 17 by car.
>>
>>30912995
Can already do this in Missouri, in fact I can store my CCW in my car while on campus. Your state is still cucked.
>>
File: 1468362836180.jpg (36KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1468362836180.jpg
36KB, 350x464px
>>30916116
Riddle
>>
>>30915358
You are a faggot for browsing /r9k/ and an even bigger faggot for taking anything posted there seriously.
>>
>>30916202
>Riddle
You motherfucker. I envy you. If it weren't for the fact that I wasn't interested in aviation until recently, I would've considered it. That, and the fact that I've heard tuition is 40k after scholarships.

I have a friend who goes there and she says her team actually gets to do real projects instead of bullshit paperwork/presentations all the time. Wish I could do that, most of our time was wasted on "research" on things we knew we were already going to use for sure and was only a formality to "explore alternative options".
>>
File: 20160727_143509~2.jpg (2MB, 3840x2124px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_143509~2.jpg
2MB, 3840x2124px
>>30916120
Ha I love my Nike special field boots
Holster is comfy but not mine
Go fuck your ar, AK are best
>>
>>30916207
I've never been to /r9k/, someone just took a screen of the post on /r9k/ and spread it through shitbook, dumpass
>>
>>30916241
Its an alright place
>40k+ tuition
If it was that high I couldnt go there lol. Its only that high if outta state and no scholarships, unless you're a pilot there, in which case you're getting kinda ripped off imho.
I pay just under 20 for the year.

Engineering program is pretty top notch, "no fucking around" style, but that's mainly for AE/ME propulsion, everything else is okay/10.

I'm there for their Global Security and Intelligence program, so I really cant answer too much on the STEM programs since its based off what my friends told me. To be honest I didnt know of the school or program until late senior year when they sent me some material.
Its a weird campus, most people are either entitled fuccbois or REALLY nerdy, but chill dudes. It has its ups and downs. Glad I came though, love the degree and the opportunities for innawoods stuff.
>>
>>30916560
Hrm. What do you do in that degree? I thought ER was mostly building rockets and airplanes, don't know much about it other than that. I've got a friend who just got his associate's and is making a decent amount of cash, might recommend the place to him.
>>
>>30916650
>what do you do in that degree
Its kind of a hybrid between loss-prevention/security operations management for Fortune 500 corps and alphabet agencies. The intelligence side of things gets you the capability of collecting intel for both govt and of course private agencies.
I myself would like to do Political Risk Analysis in the private sector, or write intel briefings for something like IHS Janes or Maritime intelligence.
Ideally, id love to be doing Oppenheimer-related things

.mil stuff looks REALLY good with it too. Thinking of doing Navy intel if they let my ass past the Doctors this time lmao, maybe Surface Warfare intel track.

ER for the longest time was planes and engineering, but my degree came to be after 9/11 with the govt needing a lot of intel people and big business needing good analysts for global market shit in addition to security.
http://prescott.erau.edu/degrees/bachelor/global-security-intelligence-studies/
>>
>>30916775
To add, theres also a BIG regional studies/foreign language component.
Mine is Arabic (2 years), and soon, Russian (learning on the side with professor since no official language program yet). Mandarin is also offered, even an entirely dedicated Chinese track, although at that point youre probably better off getting a regional studies degree at a good uni out on the west coast.
Theres an emphasis on physical security as well, such as facility design (cool class), cyber stuff (only an intro required but as long as you take a comp sci class or 2 on the side and know Java or Python, you're highly marketable. T. Boeing recuriter)

I mainly stayed for the uniqueness of the program (only specialized one in US outside of mil academies iirx) and lots of industry experts that teach here.

I would definitely suggest your friend take a look, as long as hes cool with a lot more school, theyre kinda picky about what counts towards credit and, even then, what types of credit can be applied to graduation.

I apologize if I am rambling btw.
>>
>>30915944
Georgia fag here. Move to Tennessee if you want scenery.
>>
>>30916116
>>30916186
so table mesa or?
>>
>>30916890
No, not rambling, all this info is much appreciated; passing it on to him.

>facility design
Shit, I'd love to just take that on its own.
>>
>>30916890
>>30916775
Also - how's campus/local housing? I heard from that friend that goes there that there's a "lottery" and that even students that excel in their studies have to just drop out mid-degree because they simply can't find a place to live.
>>
>>30915139
>"Privileges"

>Bill of privilege
>the second privilege
>the right to bear privileges
>a well regulated privilege
>>
>>30917254
Amendment XV, 1870. Guarantees voting rights to citizens. In 2016 felons retain citizenship but cannot vote.

2A isn't as cut and dried as people want to believe.
>>
>>30917302
>he thinks that you can't deny rights to people who have been convicted of a crime

This is 8th grade level stuff.

People have the right to not be in prison too, but if you get convicted then your right can be taken away.
>>
File: 1469033734530.png (75KB, 211x173px) Image search: [Google]
1469033734530.png
75KB, 211x173px
>>30917302
what if you've not given up your rights by infrnging on another's?
>>
>>30917121
Prescott
>>30917133
Yeah man its a fun set of classes, and the professor was the CSO for a branch of banks down in Phoenix, so lots of anecdotal cool advice there. The first class is pretty easy, just sort of "okay this is how you protect shit" and then the advanced class makes you factor in MUCH harder stuff like budget feasibility, and everything is presented to that professor for an end of the year grade. Shits cash but lots of sleepless nights
>>30917254
>Hows the Campus/Local housing?
EVERYTHING your friend said is true. The school was only designed to hold 1300 people or so, but the Board of Directors wants as much cash (usually sent to Daytona campus, fuck Daytona) as possible, which means bringing in as many people as possible (like 3000 total for this year) all in the last 3 years. Unfortunately, the people in charge havent been building new dorms to compensate, so students get fucked in that regard. They just finished a Holiday Inn express-sized dorm, which should help, but you gotta pay out the nose for on campus, (550-850 a month, depending on a 3to a room shanty town, or a nice new 2 to a room suite), unless youre a freshman with no relatives in the area.

Tldr, dont even attempt to live on campus. Its overpriced ttery and goes by first signup, first serve basis. This is sorta similar to making your class schedule (esp for Engineers, although GSIS general ed has it bad too) to a much lesser extent

Its much cheaper to find some good friends and rent out a house in nearby Prescott Valley, between 300-500 a month per person for a room, usually to yourself, in your own house. Lots a thrift stores in PV, so its easy af to furnish your place with basic shit. I did/doing this with some /k/ and /sci/ fraternity friends and its pretty sweet.
>>
>>30917163
Meant to reply to you, see my last post. Hate posting on mobile, but I can chat for awhiile once I get home from work.
>>
>>30917752
>>30917765
Thanks for all the info. This is my last semester (at NAU) and after learning all this I'm really regretting not going to AR now. Do you think it would be worth it to get another degree from AR at some point down the line? I'd already have one in ME but the simulations science thing sounds interesting, at the very least. If I had known it wasn't as expensive and had an ME program, I would definitely have gone.
>>
File: 1456814882460.jpg (24KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456814882460.jpg
24KB, 469x469px
AZ always wins baby
>>
File: 1458959954648.png (886KB, 941x730px) Image search: [Google]
1458959954648.png
886KB, 941x730px
>>30912995
Based AZ strikes again
THEY CAN'T JUST KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>30915275

>Weren't college campuses supposed to foster creativity and discussion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions
>>
>>30918174
>Fuck Fake Arizona (Tucson)

Lol, what's this all about?
>>
>>30918220
Liberal hovel in the middle of the reddest state know to man
Without tucson we wouldn't be a "red leaning" state
>>
File: 1452317112071.jpg (72KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452317112071.jpg
72KB, 956x960px
>>30916207
>look at me, I'm a retard
Nice b8 m8 but I'm gonna have to ask for your bait licence
>>
>>30918174
can confirm: AZ based af.

Lived here for 7 years

also please send us ice
>>
>>30918007
Not a problem man. And as far as getting another degree here, I wouldn't worry about it. NAU is a solid school and as long as you paid attention, your ME degree will take you a lot of places, esp if you are decent at coding.
Of course if you're interested in switching careers at some point down the line to what Im doing, I would recommend it. Besides, Riddle is known for its pilot program and AE stuff, and i guess intel shit. As far as ME stuff goes, its pretty much the same, just with an emphasis on rocket engines and stuff.

Tldr: dont regret anything
>>
>>30918376
Well, alright. The professors I have here are pretty solid, I'm just a bit annoyed at how I had 2 years of thermodynamics classes and only 1 class on CAD, and the Manufacturing class is an elective. The Engineering department is underfunded, while the Chem department is rolling in money as evidenced by their $72mil new building right next to a second recently-new building. Still sore about that.
>>
>>30918503
Know that feel bro. All our money goes to Daytona, and then they decide how much to give back to us, arguably why the housing situation here is so fucked up. If you ever find yourself downhere, feel free to stop in and say hello. Plenty of good places to go innawoods, even some old mines off of Senator highway.
>>
>>30918658
Fuck man there are old mines all over this state many not on any maps
>>
>>30917302

Learn about due process, buddy.
>>
>>30918658
Just to make sure - Prescott campus? Or PHX?
>>
>>30918503
>I'm just a bit annoyed at how I had 2 years of thermodynamics classes and only 1 class on CAD, and the Manufacturing class is an elective.
That sounds like what I would do if I were running some sort of educational institution. Because all you fucktards out there need thermo drilled into your heads thoroughly until you realize that it determines fucking everything in the universe. I'm sick of hearing or reading some argument in other disciplines that violates thermo, and these morons either don't know about it, or think it's irrelevant because they aren't physicists. Fuck you, if you study anything you are a physicist by extension.

*I'm not actually aware if you individually are a fucktard, that was rant mode
>>
>>30916001
if you are willing to settle for pheonix or Tuscon there is plenty of work there. Hell the company that makes dragon dildoes is in Pheonix being a /k/ommando furry or not you would already be qualified for a position there. All jokes aside there is plenty of work in AZ
>>
>>30912995
These will all go away when Hillary wins, and Arizona will be complicit in it because the state will vote for her.
>>
>>30919991
forgot to add Tuscon is full of spics isnt terrible but there are better places to live in AZ if you can.
>>
>>30919707
Prescott
>>
>>30920025
speak for yourself fuckboy
>>
>>30920025
this is like saying that if trump wins californias shit tier laws will go away.
>>
>>30919791
I mean, I get that we need to know thermo, but if I'm taking an emphasis on mechanical studies I shouldn't need to know as much as someone who's doing FEA and fluid analysis. I just feel we should get more CAD knowledge so we know how to ACTUALLY MAKE the things we're supposed to learn the maths of - I mean, sure, I know all about turbines and entropy and how the maths works shit, but we weren't actually taught how to design the damn turbine itself, just the thermodynamic equations for it.
>>
>>30920377
>>30920406
If you're state votes for the anti-gun candidate, then that's what you support.

Arizona doesn't like Trump talking smack about their familia, so they'll accept losing their guns as long as Trump loses.
>>
>>30920468
>they'll Accept loosing guns
BRING. IT. THE. FUCK. ON!!!
Do you really see ANYONE turning in their guns/ not removing jackboot en masse during a Clinton-led gun grab. Feds wouldn't dare come up to those states, that much is certain. Those mexicans may vote for her, but what makes you think that they, or the rest of Arizona for that matter would comply. It would be Upstate NYs reaction to the NYSAFE Act on steroids, or at least a FUCK TON of boating accidents for a land-locked desert.
>>
>>30920662
this anon gets it
>>
Anyone here go to asu, live in tempe, and need a range buddy? Since we are in the topic of AZ after all.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.