[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are female flight surgeons generally treated in the US military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (111KB, 1094x821px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 1094x821px
According to PBS, 21% of of active-duty female soldiers are sexually assaulted while serving.

Would you advise an attractive white female to serve in the military? Or should I ignore HPSP and just consider loans for med school.

Thanks in advance...
>>
>>30911917
>21%

No.
>>
>>30911917
If you think flight surgeons get airborne, then the military is perfect for you.
>>
21% may get sexually assaulted but 100% are whores.
>>
>>30911917

Women should never be in the cockpit of any aircraft. No exceptions.
>>
>>30911990
yeah, if they're serving the pilots whiskey, why not
>>
>>30911928
If they don't, that's even better.

Also if anyone has some familiarity with being a flight surgeon, what are their rules regarding moonlighting? I've read that it is subject to command approval but those responses are very dated.
>>
>>30911917
I don't mind woman serving in the military but they need to stay in their own unit and away from the men so they can do their job right.
>>
>>30911917
Okay, non-/r9k/ here.

Shit's cash but I think you need to be a doctor first. That being said, you will be treated like Elvis, Jesus and Everyone's favorite little sister all rolled into one... by those that you're tasked to medevac. The people will work with are just going to give a shit about your job performance.

Also, I wouldn't trust PBS. The military has a high rate of sexual assault but I sincerely fucking doubt that it's anywhere near that high and I would REALLY like to see where they got those numbers.
>>
>>30911917
You would have probably less chance of being sexually assaulted than in the real world as you would work in a hospital in what is essentially a gated community.
>>
>>30911917
>According to PBS, 21% of of active-duty female soldiers are sexually assaulted while serving.

And how many active duty male soldiers are sexually harrassed by fag soldiers or officers?
What does the statistics say about that?
>>
>>30912019
Thanks for responding.

How fucked up are military politics and are flight surgeons exposed to that garbage?

>Shit's cash but I think you need to be a doctor first.
Yup but it only requires med school. I would prefer to fulfill my residency civilian side.
>>
>>30912060
>And how many active duty male soldiers are sexually harrassed by fag soldiers or officers?
A whole bunch. You couldn't have did a quick Google search for it?

>Third, the survey suggests that 22 percent of active-duty women and 7 percent of active-duty men may have experienced some form of sexual harassment last year.
http://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/607047/department-of-defense-press-briefing-on-sexual-assault-in-the-military-in-the-p
>>
>>30912019
>flight surgeon
>medevac

Wut. They take care of the flying guys. They are not a flying doc.
>>
>>30912078
Are these statistics accounting for the fact that although reports are up, they're almost all unsubstantiated?
>>
>>30912090
Nope
>>
>>30912090
Your question doesn't make sense. You can only account for numbers, not for circumstances.
>>
>>30912008
Depends on what kind of moonlighting. They obviously don't want you being a prostitute, but I've had staff ncos delivering pizzas at night. I found that out when I was at the barracks and ordered some dominos.
>>
>>30912101
Of course not.

This is why I don't even speak to female soldiers unless I have witnesses.
>>
>>30912103
he is talking about girls who mess around with a guy in their unit who do so willfully, then get called a slut sl they cry rape. This happens a lot. All that college bullshit that goes on, also happens in the Army. More so probably because of the "look at me daddy" issues a lot f the girls have.
>>
File: 1422225369072.jpg (66KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
1422225369072.jpg
66KB, 580x580px
>>30912137
I wonder how many of the guys are crying rape...
>>
>>30912078
>You couldn't have did a quick Google search for it?
I'm working now, actually, and the OP seemed to be well informed.

By no means do I mean women deserve this, I was just curious. Cz I myself have never been in the army, but several of my highschool classmates have and they told me these things happen.
>>
File: s.jpg (20KB, 332x282px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
20KB, 332x282px
>>30912165
You know they deserve it. Just look at pic related. She's showing so much hair, she's practically asking for it.
>>
File: tip fedorov.jpg (72KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
tip fedorov.jpg
72KB, 469x463px
>>30912149
almost none, that's why numbers are so low
>>
>>30912179
I'm not saying that...But if a woman chooses a job that was only held by men for thousands of years, then she should be prepared to handle these things.
>>
>>30912165
dude, WTF? I don't think I posted anything that warranted me being associated with prostitution.

Depending on the location, I was considering moonlighting at some sort of walk in clinic.

----------------

These are my posts in this thread and the questions that I have

>>30911917
>>30912008
>>30912068

How does active duty assignment work?
How much leverage for negotiation do you have in terms of your choice for location? I was hoping for either Germany, Japan, Italy, or maybe Las Vegas...
>>
>>30912239
>me being associated with prostitution
Lol, I meant informed on sexual assault statistics. :)

Besides, what's wrong on visiting the girls every now and then? Sure, I'm not doing drivebys and picking up girls. I'd rather use the net and visit the girls at home (or the flat they rent for this) it's much more comfortable then the backseat of a car.
>>
>>30912269
shit, wrong response. I meant this person >>30912121
>>
>>30912290
No prob.
>>
>>30912269
One time my former boss and I got our dicks sucked by a roadside hooker. Did us both for $15 and literally told us, "Come back in about 10 minutes so I can smoke this rock first."... also, probably wasn't the last time I had crack smoke on my dick.
>>
File: Ha.jpg (74KB, 468x321px) Image search: [Google]
Ha.jpg
74KB, 468x321px
>>30912239
>How does active duty assignment work?
It's just one big buttfuck.

>How much leverage for negotiation do you have in terms of your choice for location
Pic related
>>
>>30911917
do they really put on make up for missions or did she know it was a photoshoot?
>>
>>30912239
>How does active duty assignment work?
need of the service. you get to fill out a "dream sheet" form in basic on where you want to go, I'm convinced they throw them in the trash after the briefing is over. Officers fill out a dream sheet before commissioning with their branch choices(ie MI, MP, Inf, Aviation) again, needs of the Army. A guy in my reserve unit was ROTC, the seniors ahead of him had just gotten their branch assignments, one guy was seminary, got branched Infantry.
>>
>>30911917
>21%

About 20% of that is false accusations.

But yes, if you are female stay out of the military. We need a solid fighting force. Not one where cohesion is non existent.
>>
Not OP, but does anyone have any experience or knowledge about being a general medical officer in the navy? I knew a doctor who was in the navy and became attached to a marine company in Afghanistan, sounds like something I'd want to do.
>>
>>30913371
It's been described as a gross mistake of medicine. The biggest drawback is that you get rusty while doing a GMO, which was why I wanted to moonlight in a walk in clinic, and the money is terrible (you're sacrificing >$50k per year) when compared to civilian physicians.
>>
>>30912898
>>30912301
that's really sad...
>>
>>30911990
>Women should never be in the cockpit of any aircraft.

What's your justification? It's piloting a vehicle, not infantry
>>
>>30911990
>Women should never be in the cockpit of any aircraft. No exceptions.
Are you muslim?
>>
>>30911917

one of the flight docs on my base is pretty hot.

despite being fighter types, we try to keep it professional.

let's just say the more you fly and take it seriously and realize your job is to understand their job and take care of them, the more the squadron will respect you. the more you spend time at the clinic doing rotations, the less you'll be respected (although you'll likely make the med group happier and get better assignments). the awesome flight doc in my old squadron in the FTU basically wanted to fly and was cool with signing waivers, getting profiles, clearing us to fly after airsickness, etc. with minimal paperwork.
>>
>>30912238

no they shouldn't, that's fucked up. you're 13 or something?
>>
>>30911917
>According to PBS, 21% of of active-duty female soldiers reported sexually assault while serving.
fixed.
>>
>>30914037

yeah... flight doc's a pretty full time job. plus with 12 hours of crew rest, you're not getting time to go work off-base at a clinic and be available to fly. your job is to take care of the flyers. we go out to kill people and we need somebody to un-DNIF us, get us back to status, help take care of our families, etc. if you're worried about your skills getting rusty, don't fucking join.

there are perks. you get to go mach 1+ if you're in the right squadron. you can ask for more clinic time if you don't like doing the job you've been asked to do.
>>
File: The Invisible War.jpg (74KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Invisible War.jpg
74KB, 486x720px
Is it true that airfags are required to watch feminist movies?
>>
>>30916707

they made us watch some PBS documentary on sexual assault when i was in training. it was actually pretty decent. only problem was that based on that - and with 0 ARIs or sexual assaults on record - the SQ/CC limited alcohol in the BOQ from the old "yeah whatever you want" policy to 24 beers or a 12 pack and a fifth or 2 fifths. which went down well when we were almost all forced to live there instead of having the option to live off base and make some BAH money.

so we had a massive party the weekend it got shut down so we would get back under the limit. and guess what - he got word of that too thanks to some little narc.

at least he was enough of a bro to let us all know who the narc was.
>>
>>30912019
>The military has a high rate of sexual assault
Isn't it rather insane to assault a surgeon? After all, nest time he is put under he will come out with his testicles in a jar.

I know military surgeons and their sense of humor is these days even more brutal than you saw in MASH.
>>
>>30918148
The chances of your surgeon being some whore that regrets fucking you are pretty slim
>>
>>30918148
Military officers generally don't get raped unless they're at a party with pilots.
It's the enlisted chicks who go to some barracks party and get drunk that have problems.
>>
>>30914046
When you start, If you say you want to go one place they will send you somewhere else.
>>
>>30914046
If you say you want to go anywhere except for x, guess where you're going. x
>>
File: 1465228391624.jpg (13KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
1465228391624.jpg
13KB, 400x257px
IT AINT CALLED A COCKPIT FOR NUTTIN!
>>
>>30916707
is it also true that they have regular sexual assault prevention classes?
>>
>>30923165
Yeah, its a part of the reason women see rape accusations as the easy way out of work, or to get something else they want
>>
>>30911917
Do not join the military.
>>
>>30911917
>21%
So one in five active-duty female soldiers are sexually assaulted?

That number is bullshit. Maybe if you include all of the women that fuck Private Peacock in the barracks and when confronted go crying rape in that number it'd be accurate, but actual rapes would be less than 1% for women. Probably higher for men actually considering some of the shit I've seen.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.