[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, how is it? Have the problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Rem_ACR.jpg (33KB, 699x216px) Image search: [Google]
Rem_ACR.jpg
33KB, 699x216px
So now that the dust has settled, how is it? Have the problems been fixed?
>>
It's still a piece of shit.
>>
It's still front heavy. It still has a 1 in 9 twist rate. It still has no real conversion kits. It still isn't all that accurate.

The fact bushmaster isn't spending much money on it should indicate to you their position on its longevity.
>>
>>30802429
>how is it?
Mediocre.
>Have the problems been fixed?
The gun itself is the problem, so no.
>>
I am a noob, why is this rifle such a disappointment?
>>
>>30802446
As a corollary, now that the 805 is available, I can't foresee the ACR keeping pace for much longer.
>>
>>30802429
This gun as been dead for a while now, none of my local shops carry them after their first batches sold and nobe of the caliber conversions, barrel lengths that were promissed ever came out...so yeah it's deader than dead.
>>
>>30802457
Because bushmaster bought it and gave us a piece of shit with a sub par twistrate, bushmaster quality materials and construction(shit), no conversion kits and it's an inaccurate, unreliable piece of trash.

Magpul should buy it back and make the Masada.

It's a really cool concept and if a competent company had actually gone through with it instead of Bushmaster it would probably be a hit.

>>30802466
Everybody says the 805 sucks donkey dicks though.
>>
>>30802457
Remington and Cerberus group is nasically the EA and Ubi soft of guns, tgey release AAA guns with poor quality control, somtimes with major bugs that make them not function or is dangerous and then drop all support for ut a year later.
>>
>>30802457
>Designed by Magpul at a peak in their popularity
>Tons of Arfcommers convinced it will be the next best thing ever, true AR successor
>Gets bought up and manufactured by Bushmaster/Remington at an (ongoing) low point in their histories
>Hits shelves with a bunch of things market doesn't want (1:9 twist barrels, mostly), generally performs mediocre/average at best
>Bushmaster fixes some of the issues, but still doesn't really support it and is basically letting it die slowly due to terrible sales and loss of interest

I honestly don't even think the guys at Magpul ever thought much of it when they were designing it other than it being just a neat shop project like the rest of the wonky shit they do during their free time.
>>
>>30802466
>805
Will only do slightly better overall than the ACR in the long term. It's still nothing great.
>>30802501
>It's a really cool concept
A polymer packaged AR-18 with quick change barrels and an adjustable gas system?
>if a competent company had actually gone through with it
FNH already made the SCAR family. Only problem is their ridiculous MSRP and current scarcity.
>>
>>30802576
You could say there is a SCARcity.
>>
>>30802576
>Only problem is their ridiculous MSRP and current scarcity.

The ACR/Masada also looks cooler and has a better stock.
>>
>>30802429
>Remshit
>>
>>30802429
Like everyone else has pretty much said; good idea with poor execution, an insane price point, and no support.

It seems like Remington defense has given up the ghost; through upper management changes I'm sure.

Places like ACRforum is where dreams go to die.
>>
>>30802635
yeah, and it's also shit and costs way to much money
>>
>>30802429
is there any polymer front loading gun better then the
scar yet? * looks at Radom Factory being built in Texas*
>>
Why is it so expensive?

Will the ARX100 or Sig556xi stop being a meme?
>>
>>30804302
>front loading
?

you mean the magazine being forward of the trigger?
>>
>>30802429

It's so dead the owners have to bubba fit airshit stocks when theirs break.
Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>30804365
No he means muzzle loaded.
>>
>>30804535
Fuck. The real stocks break too? Top fucking kek.
>>
>>30802429
Why wouldn't you just get the Sig MCX?
>>
>>30802446
>1 in 9 twist rate
What does this mean?
>>
>>30805358
One rotation of rifling in nine inches.
>>
>>30805373
Is this bad?I've literally never heard about this in the year I've been here.
>inb4 newfag
>>
>>30805400
You're fucking retarded.
There's no possible way you've been here "for years" without even hearing the phrase "1:9 twist" or as other would say "one of the most common twist rates in the fucking world"
>5 more weeks of summer
>>
>>30805400
It's not ideal for 5.56, at least not for most of your cheap ammo. It's not the end of the world, but if you are concerned with sub moa accuracy, 1 in 9 or any ar18 derivative is not for you.
>>
>>30805400
People prefer 1 in 7 for 5.56 to stabilize heavier bullets
>>
File: 1457322737693.png (23KB, 799x331px) Image search: [Google]
1457322737693.png
23KB, 799x331px
>>30805400
>>
File: 1456347418511.jpg (73KB, 762x331px) Image search: [Google]
1456347418511.jpg
73KB, 762x331px
>>30805400
the twist rate has to do with rifling stabilizing the projectile in a barrel. different bullets and bullet weights need different twist rates to maximize performance. pic attached is for ar barrels in 5.56/223
>>
>>30805432
>I can't read:The Post
Good job friendo :>
Also school starts on Monday dipshit, not in 5 weeks.
>>30805454
>>30805487
Thanks.
>>
>>30805492
>thinks school start dates are universal
>confirmed for retarded
Schools don't go back in session till the last week of August in my area, you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>30802429

No.

Bushmaster rode the hype and suckered everyone in.

Remington's ACR 2.0 was also a failure.

MSBS is trying, but holy fuck you have to be a retarded fanboy to keep riding that dick hoping he'll marry you eventually.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>30802615
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.