[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sks won't cycle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: sks.png (144KB, 800x346px) Image search: [Google]
sks.png
144KB, 800x346px
My yugo SKS won't cycle. I'm pretty sure I have a gas leak somewhere, what do
>>
>>30800544
Call up Hitler.
>>
>>30800544
Check the gas regulator for corrosion. That's a very common problem on the Yugos.
>>
>>30800565
I'm thinking that's probably my best bet. What should I use to clean it? My grandpa told me to use lighter fluid, but he's kind of nuts so I'm sure there's better shit than that
>>
File: die schwafelnmeister.jpg (77KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
die schwafelnmeister.jpg
77KB, 940x627px
>>30800544
You need to speak to the undisputed master of all gas systems.
>>
>>30800589
plz post that here if you have it. i lost mine.
>>
>>30800544
take apart the gas tube
>>
File: PLKn839.jpg (195KB, 1001x1098px) Image search: [Google]
PLKn839.jpg
195KB, 1001x1098px
>>30800600
>>
Is the little button on the front of the gas system wobbly or either straight or back? I believe it needs to go to the right and down (I don't have a yugo so I'm not 100% sure what position it should be in)
>>
>>30800578
shit i dunno, just pour your choice of gun cleaner into it.
>>
>>30800544
In the spirit of "is it plugged in; is it switched on" - you didn't accidentally engage the gas system cutoff, right?
>>
>>30800612
Yeah, right and down is the way to do it. Mine is there, I'm pretty sure the garbage ammunition I have has corroded the fuck out of the valve though
>>
>>30800544
Why is it that Zastava can make good clones of everything but a fucking SKS?

HOW do you fuck up an SKS?
>>
>>30800544

Thats a common problem for yugos. Straight cleaning probably wont work because the tight tolerances keeping the gas contained ar gone. Unless you are shooting dummy grenades, just take some high temp apoxy and seal the valve. Otherwise it will never cycle properly.

Also lubing the gas chamber is a myth because the hot gas burns away all grease and oil within a few shots. They run dry
>>
>>30800643
Google seems to show that you can get a replacement valve for just a few bucks which should solve your problem nicely.
>>
>>30800646
I love the SKS dearly, but I bought mine before I knew shit about the SKS, or guns generally for that matter. I've been kicking myself for getting the yugo ever since. I could've had a russian one for the same price...
>>
>>30800646
There's nothing wrong with the Yugo SKS. /k/ has an unnusual hate boner for them.
>>
>>30800825
Don't get me wrong, I'd still rather have the Yugo SKS than a lot of other things. It's just that it tends to develop problems with the gas system where another SKS may not
>>
>>30800825
Not sure why, either, but you are totally right.
Usual things mentioned are muh chrome lined bore and muh gas valve... occasionally "stupid extra parts for useless grenade launcher"

I dun git it. I've had one for ages and I love it to pieces. Go figure.
>>
>>30800890
Has Zastava ever used chrome-lined bores?

Because I see this complaint pop up with pretty much everything Yugo/Serbian.
>>
The only thing that stops me having love for the SKS: The ammunition.

Somebody ought to be making 7.62x54 or x51 versions by now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>30800916
someone made one in a bit larger caliber once
>>
>>30800901
I personally can't speak to EVER, but it wouldn't surprise me if chrome was a resource they couldn't easily lay hands on during the various conflicts.

Also, I have heard some stories(and other anecdotal evidence) that a non-lined bore, while easier to corrode, has stronger lands and grooves compared to a chromed one, leading to more consistent accuracy.

Not sure how true it is, but... who knows, maybe that's why they did it?

>>30800916

A PTRS is basically an SKS in a larger caliber... vastly larger than x54 or x51, to satisfy your power-boner.
>>
>>30800901
M59 did.
Yugos relied on Russia for their chrome. After the USSR and Yugoslavia fell out, no more chrome.
>>
>>30800544
Post pic of gas valve. New ones can be found online for under $20 shipped. And the valve itself can be changed out in a minute. If it's all pitted n shit, I would bet that's your problem.
>>
Had the same issue with mine. On the front of thr gas tube near the muzzle of thr gun there is a knob. That knob needs to be moved over to the right so its horizontal. It can be a major pain in the ass as mine was stuck with a shit load of cosmoline.
>>
>>30800544
Sharpie in pooper.
>>
Keep your Yugo's Gas block and cutoff switch oily.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.