[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else just lack the ability to comprehend AR-15s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: AR-15.jpg (208KB, 2136x800px) Image search: [Google]
AR-15.jpg
208KB, 2136x800px
Does anyone else just lack the ability to comprehend AR-15s? Like, I know it's awesome and everything but im trying to figure it all out, all the terminology, etc. in order to build my custom AR but nothing clicks. And any cheap uppers that are in stock all have the shitty looking parts (circled in red in pic related). Has anyone here actually within the past month been able to put together a AR-15 for around $450? Really considering just grabbing a nugget and stripped lower, and hoping ill be able to catch on how to build a AR-15 in the future.
>>
>can't comprehend

>Doesn't stick

>Can't into research/youtube

Don't buy guns
>>
>>30800484
Been researching for the past month. Just seems like a whole different language to me.
>>
Well if you don't want the round hand guard there, you can go with a rail system. You can easily change the handle system with other sights. Just Google AR build ideas.
>>
>>30800514
You're literally retarded anon. A quick fucking read of the parts of an AR-15 should be good enough. I learned all parts and terminology to an AR within a month or less. Also you are buying complete parts instead of individual parts.
>>
>>30800456
>shitty looking parts
Oh ok then, I guess iron sights and hand guards are shitty things to have. Better just ban them barrel shrouds then right McCarthy?
>>
File: 20160429_191237.jpg (67KB, 503x379px) Image search: [Google]
20160429_191237.jpg
67KB, 503x379px
>>30800456
Do you have a template of the type of AR-15 you want to build?

I understand how it can be complicated but it really shouldn't take a month of research to grasp entirely. Either you're retarded you're lying and haven't actually attempted to research it.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/definitive-guide-building-ar-15/

Also, I'm bored as fuck and have some time to kill so I'll give you an intro to everything that you'll need to buy in order to build an AR.
>>
>>30800514

If that was true, you be able to see and know the following about the AR you posted:

The carry handle is detachable

The handguard can be changed

The FSP/gas block can be removed/changed

Literally the most customizable gun on the planet, what's not to get? I read nothing, just built one and figured it out. Also go to ARG and lurk. Don't post, just lurk.

>450

My upper (complete) was 650 by itself. My rail MSRP's for 475 but I found a deal and only spent 275. It's not a cheap hobby especially if you dont like "shitty looking parts". I'm not even close to a richfag, it's just the name of the game. Learn how to research.
>>
File: 20160614_085254.jpg (415KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
20160614_085254.jpg
415KB, 1032x581px
>>30800573
Actually, fuck it, I'm not going to spoon feed you info that can literally be found with 10 seconds on google.

By the way, $450 is pretty restrictive when it comes to ARs, for $450 you'll pretty much have bottom of the barrel quality.

Even my shitty AR cost about $650 when it was all said-and-done, that's without the optic.
>>
File: 1337370445461.jpg (2KB, 121x127px) Image search: [Google]
1337370445461.jpg
2KB, 121x127px
>>30800456
>Has anyone here actually within the past month been able to put together a AR-15 for around $450
>$450 for an AR
Jeez, you'd be lucky to get a decent upper for $450
Might be better to stick with a nugget.
>>
>>30800456
ARs are honestly really simple but there is just so much aftermarket shit and other options for them I can understand how someone could get overwhelmed like that.
I was kind of like you, I just got a cheap shit ar pistol to start with, researched for a few more months until I realized what I wanted (turned out to be an m16a1 clone), built that and learned about all the springs and detents that make it work.
My advice is just save up a bit more than $450 and build something like MilSurpDude's rifle, 14.5" pinned and welded. If you had to have only one ar it is a good, functional, and customizable base to work off of once you know what you really want. Maybe spring for a decent free float handguard but you will survive just fine without one.
Judging from what you describe as "shitty looking parts" though you are going to want an optic on a flat top upper, low profile gas block, and some kind of rail.
Also fuck you nigger for calling carry handles and front sight posts shitty looking.
>>
>>30800655
Optics on the carry handle get me so hard and I don't know why
>>
>>30800655

Dat CAR15 Delta setup.

My next build surely
>>
File: mogseal1j1ydy.jpg (55KB, 524x650px) Image search: [Google]
mogseal1j1ydy.jpg
55KB, 524x650px
>>30800677
>I don't know why
Because the carry handle is sexy and the optic is functional and cheekwield is for dorks.
I bought a ta31 for the aforementioned a1 clone, no ragrets.
>>
>>30800651
>>30800655
I have 600 saved up but in other threads people are going on about $450 AR-15's and I cannot believe them (but hey, im retarded, I don't really know.) but you saying that really confirms it. Thank you, now I can stop worrying why my parts overall are around 600 and if im distributing my budget like a retard.

>>30800644
That's alright man. That guide you commented actually helped answer a few of my questions. Thank you.
>>
>>30800456
I suspect your lack of comprehension isn't just limited to one specific gun.
>>
>>30800794
You can technically build an ar for $450 and it will probably work, but you have to cut serious corners and are better off saving another $350 or so to get a rifle that won't have shitty finish/disappoint you in some other way.
>>
>>30800794
Yeah $600 sounds a bit more reasonable.

Hint: whenever someone brags they built their AR for $[really cheap], add 200-400 onto that number because they're usually lying.
>>
>>30800914
Alright thanks. So technically I have a 600 limit but it's stretchable to 700. Would I be able to get a large difference in overall performance for the extra $100 or should I just stick with a $600 build since im just a average joe building something for up to 300 yards? Then i'd be able to put that extra $100 into reloading.

Also, any idea how I should distribute my budget? Obviously BCG and barrel are very important but is there a limit on those that I should not go over?
>>
>>30801006
just spend as much as you are able. build what you really want in the first place. its pretty easy to forget about the extra hundreds if you are happy with the end result. meanwhile if you cut 50 bucks and settle for a shit grip or barrel profile it just bothers you endlessly
>>
>>30801006
If you're building, its probably better to wait and get the parts you want rather than settling on cut-rate shit. It hurts to wait but you're 100% satisfied with the end product.

Budget distribution depends on what you want the gun to do.
>>
>>30801080
>>30801092

Alright ill keep these in mind. Thank you so much!
>>
>>30800456

The AR-15 doesn't make sense to those who've never played around with one before. Find a friend, get him to field strip it for you and let you poke around. It all makes sense once you've done that. Every part does one thing, and one thing only.

Here's a video the canucks did on their AR-15 variant, and how it all works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfsRJWRB8iA
>>
>>30801123
Jesus the opening on that video was loud. Rip ears. In Hawaii so most people don't have guns and those that do usually can't afford AR's. Hopefully when im in Idaho ill be able to find a friend with a AR-15. Definitely going to try it out before I buy my parts, but might as well try and get a general parts list.
>>
>>30800456
Download World of Guns: Disassembly and look at the m4
>>
>>30800456
>"what do you mean i have to point guns in a safe direction? Its not loaded!"
>"I'm not going to squeeze the trigger, what does it matter if my finger is on the trigger all the time?"
>"look, I this is the best way to check if a gun is loaded alright? Get off my case!"
>pulls trigger repeatedly

Is this going to be you, OP?
>>
>>30803158
There is retard (me) and then there is ultra retard. I don't think i've huffed enough paint fumes to get to that level yet.
>>
>>30800456
Just for reference that's a handle, handguard, and gasblock/front site :)
>>
>>30800456

Seems like all of the Pieces cost about $50 each no matter what it is you're getting.

You have Brand Name to thank for that (because AR-15 is AR-15)
>>
File: 1428152738327.jpg (30KB, 255x225px) Image search: [Google]
1428152738327.jpg
30KB, 255x225px
>>30800514
You just sound like you don't learn via reading too well. That's okay, I don't really learn something until I've put my hands on it, stuck my dick in it, tossed its salad. ARs are really pretty simple, just get your hands on one and you'll realize this.
>>
>>30803675
Oh yeah can't wait to stick my dick in it. Will probably remind me of that time I learned about the vacuum. Reading is okay for some things, but honestly visuals get through the best. Hopefully ill be able to get it all down once I can actually see it in real life.
>>
No reason to remove a fixed front sight from a rifle. (not counting removing to do work and then reinstall)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.