[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LCP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: pix323814695.jpg (7KB, 211x160px) Image search: [Google]
pix323814695.jpg
7KB, 211x160px
Is 189 a good price for a used Ruger LCP from a local gun store? The place sold Maverick 88s for 299 which I was like WTF. So I am not sure how "used" it is. Any advice? I want a conceal carry piece but I also want a range toy so I wonder if I am stuck getting two guns? I'm also considering getting one of their used .22 bolt actions which is in the 100 dollar range.

But yeah any advice on the LCP would be great.
>>
$189 seems like a good price to me, a person who doesn't own one or know anything about them.
>>
It's a good price, but you could just get a hi-point instead for that much. 100 for a .22 bolt action is nice too.

They're selling it at 189 because nobody wants it and they're trying to get it off the shelf. Ruger released new versions of the LCP and LC9 that made the old versions obsolete.
>>
>>30800016
Can't pocket carry a Hi-Point.
>>
>>30800058
was joking.
>>
>>30799842
Look over it carefully before you buy it considering the low price.

>>30800016
He's looking for a pocket piece, which a Hi-Point just never will be unless you're Shaquille O'Neal.
>>
>>30800058
Depends, how big is your pocket ;^)
>>
>>30800074
You could use BIG POCKET JEANS.
https://youtu.be/N2ZA7T3dgBg
>>
>>30800016

So.... are you saying I should get both? I'm almost considering it. It'd be 400 in the hole but it would cover both my bases.
>>
>>30800562
You should always buy more gun. I would do some research on the LCP so I'd know what to look for when I picked it up again. A rifle for 100 is a steal these days. If the LCP isn't a good pick then save the cash for something better. The Maverick 88 going for 299 is stupid but it's what a lot of shops do for some reason. I guess they think people will look at the mossberg sitting next to it and think it's a deal. If something is rarer in the area or nobody knows what it is they'll jack the price up and negotiate it down. Of course there's no shortage of pistols and rifles and you can buy from anywhere now so it pays to be patient. And I was definitely joking about the Hi Point.
>>
>>30799842
Rugers come with transferable lifetime warranties. Buy it, and then send it in for service at no charge to you (seriously Ruger sends a label). Bam new LCP for 189
>>
File: LCP w 7rnd and 6rnd.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LCP w 7rnd and 6rnd.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
I got a brand new LCP Custom for $200 from my local gun store. It doesn't seem like a good deal to me, anon.
>>
>>30800768
i paid 300 for a standard one, 189 sounds pretty goood
>>
>>30800822
he's looking at the first gen is the issue, would you pay 189 for the old one?
>>
>>30800842

Well what's the difference between old and new?
>>
>>30799842
If its first gen, no. If it is a second gen or a custom, then yeah, sounds like a good deal. The first gen had recalls done for them so I would generally recommend avoiding them.

I recently picked up the custom at a gun show for $279 new in the box + 7 round clip, and been very happy with it.
>>
>>30799842
It seems a little high if its for the 1st/2nd gen but its not to bad.

I would advise taking a look at the recall since the first gens had a bit of a drop issue

http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/
>>
>>30801306
"1st gen" had issues with going off when dropped. This was fixed, and but ruger still refers to the ones made after this point 1st gen, but mostly everyone else calls these the 2nd gen.

The custom has a much shorter trigger pull, and more pronounced sights. Some people complain that the larger sights might get caught on clothing/holster, and aren't much of a benefit since it is a close range weapon anyway.

The trigger pull makes a huge difference however. When I fire my second gen, the trigger goes all the way to the back of the well. If you aren't use to it, you may question if it is even cocked. My custom has a much shorter trigger pull on it, maybe half the distance.
>>
>>30799842
It's a "normal" price, considering that they once sold new a few years ago for $289 in gun stores, but not a "good" price, considering that you can get them new today for $199 online.
>>
>>30801541
>"1st gen" had issues with going off when dropped. This was fixed
Is there a way to tell if it's an old one without putting a round in and hitting it against something?
>>
>>30801898
Check the recall link.
>>
$209 is retail price new

So no
>>
>>30800768
Where is your Hogue grip anon? At least do it right.
>>
>>30799842
Palmetto State Armory has new ones on sale for $199 this weekend. You'll have to consider the cost of an FFL transfer fee and shipping. Might be worth it if you can find someone to do the transfer for cheap and have any other items you want to order from them.
>>
>>30799842

It's the best carry gun around. get a little holster and just throw it in your pocked and forget it. I'm 6 feet 180 and like to wear fashionable jeans and shirts that fit well so IWB shit doesn't work well.

This looks like a cell phone in your pocket. .380 is a perfectly serviceable round and will get the job done. Not very fun to shoot at the range but it's sturdy and reliable. I trust it completely.

Easily the best pocket/ccw out there.
>>
File: 1468464431177.jpg (65KB, 550x445px) Image search: [Google]
1468464431177.jpg
65KB, 550x445px
>>30801920
Whoops. Didn't see it. Thanks for the spoonfeeding.
>>
>>30801982

fuck the fatass hogue grips doubling the grip size of a pocket pistol.

talon grips or nothing.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.