[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At war, how do you deal with snipers ? I mean, how do you detect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1466272858275.png (96KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1466272858275.png
96KB, 241x228px
At war, how do you deal with snipers ? I mean, how do you detect and destroy them before someone is killed ?

What security measures do you have to apply ?
>>
>>30799729
Artillery and other munitions.

Just bomb the buildings he might be in and carry on.
>>
>>30799729
when i was at war we used to look for the flash
>>
>>30799729
You don't. You typically get fucked.

The best you can do is pay attention and think "Well, if I was trying to fuck my guys up, where the fuck would I hide?" See that great vantage point in the distance? The one with a perfect LOS on where you're about to go? There's probably a dude up there.

Won't stop the one fucker that's spent three days drinking his own piss in a ruined building waiting for you to step by.
>>
You don't, you just have to be paranoid check everything scan 360 up and down.

And hope that when they shoot you hear, see the flash.
>>
>>30799759
If you see the flash, someone is already dead. That's not what I want.

>>30799770
Why not send sniper scouts in the hostile area to do counter-attacks before sending the infantry ?
>>
File: 1467320928037.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467320928037.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>30799805
Nigger what the fuck? How high are you right now, that doesn't make any fucking sense. I honestly can't comprehend how you even typed that out without realizing how fucking stupid it sounds.

They're not IEDs, you can't place thousands of them for little cost and great effectiveness. Therefore, you won't have specialized counter units such as Route Clearance. Also, we don't have super secret top ninjas that can hunt down snipers by the scent their feet hairs give off.

You can't counter an attack that hasn't happened either retard. That's just an attack. Which is what the infantry does.

Holy shit, I need to have a lie down, you're the most retarded person on /k/ right now, good job.
>>
>>30799729
you're fucked OP those .22 snipers are going to get you just hope they don't have assault clips
>>
>>30799774
This. And infrared/thermal goggles are useful for that if you're in a vidya game. In real life, just be vigilant.
>>
This entire thread is stupid.

Day/k/are everyone.
>>
Snipers? What are those?

Are you referring to isolated enemy riflemen?
>>
File: 1469515011667.png (57KB, 800x479px) Image search: [Google]
1469515011667.png
57KB, 800x479px
Move from cover to cover, get air assets with an IR TV Set to scope out windows and shit before moving into an area
>>
>>30799729
There is one episode of Ghost in The Shell that goes into really good detail when encountering a sniper, since it plays out being pinned down by a sniper.

Use thermals or NVG, move at night and pray to god that the sniper doesn't have NVG on their rifle, look around for any good vantage points that you yourself would choose to pick off people, be vary wary of your surroundings, nothing else to it OP until you get shot and see a light/hear the gunshot.
>>
>>30799729

My rifle shoots 600 RPM
A shitty bolt action barely make 20, I don't fear him, he does.
Also I stay mobile so he can't really hit me precisely.
All in all stay high speed lowdrag and you should be g2g
>>
snipe the sniper.
>>
When I've seen the USA deal with snipers they'd drop the entire fucking building the shot came from
>>
File: 1451888109754.gif (2MB, 326x252px) Image search: [Google]
1451888109754.gif
2MB, 326x252px
>>30799729
they're not snipers, they're roof koreans. stop being a nigger and you wont get shot.

picture unrelated to post content
>>
>>30799729
Counter snipers become a necessity in urban areas where casualties are a concern and it's one way to defeat a sniper.
There was a pretty good article years ago on old, old /k/ by an Army sniper who did counter sniper work in, I believe, Mosul for a 12mos. period around '05 time frame and bagged like 12 dudes.

Basically him and his team of like 8 other dudes would map out areas where a sniper(s) were active and determine firing points, ranges, etc. and general characteristics/habits of the shooters. Then they would post up in ambush sites at likely target zones a day or more beforehand and set up their hide (cool field craft using duct tape, screen/mesh, etc. to camouflage) and cover/assign certain areas where the shooter would likely be.

Then they would try to bait them out using tricks like the helmet over the wall, leaving something that glinted/sparkled in a building window, even the classic bomb material/wires in the street stuff people gave Chris Kyle shit for. Sometimes they'd just be on overwatch for a patrol of actual soldiers/marines.

Pretty cool shit. Same kind of stuff they did in Vietnam, just newer and adapted for a different geography/war.
>>
File: 1469609724177.jpg (78KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469609724177.jpg
78KB, 750x500px
>>30801085
>12mos. period
It's mo. to abbreviate months. I just spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out what 12 series MOS had snipers attached, you ass.
>>
>>30801085
Also, there was a show on Netflix that was off of the Military Channel not too long ago about snipers and they had another Army sniper who, at the time, had the longest confirmed shot who got the kill basically doing the exact same thing as a counter sniper/overwatch.

Worth watching if you can find it, it was specifically about snipers so it shouldn't be hard to find if it's still on netflix.
>>
>>30801106
I'm pretty sure "mos." is an acceptable way to abbreviate the plural of "month."
Even if it's not, an elementary level of reading comprehension should make deciphering the sentence accomplishable to all but the dullest of /k/ommandos.
>>
File: 1469493262307.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1469493262307.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>30801174
Perhaps it is, but when speaking of military matters it's best to avoid using mos for anything other than military occupational specialty. It causes confusion.

Also, months is a five letter word. Wipe the Cheeto dust off your hands and type the extra character you lazy grognard. I bet you use the at symbol for things other than email.
>>
>>30799751

This to be desu
>>
>>30801206
Six letter word, excuse me.
>>
>>30801206
Oh, yeah? Well fuck you then.
>I bet you use the at symbol for things other than email.
& just what is wrong with that?
>>
>>30799729

360 quick scope from across the map
>>
>>30799729
Someone has to get sniped and someone else has to see or guess where the shooter is.
>>
Use binoculars before you move in.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.