[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the actual level of competence of the Chinese Army ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: CHIN0001.gif (3KB, 388x260px) Image search: [Google]
CHIN0001.gif
3KB, 388x260px
Do we have any idea how skilled their commanding officers are ?
What about the People's Liberation Army Special Operations Forces ?
Is there evidences of their level of training ?

Let's play a complete fictionnal scenario where an european coalition of France, UK, Italy and Germany would be deployed to help the Philippines government after an invasion from China.
Would european experience in the last 30 years conflict conflicts make any difference ?
What are the odds for the chinese to actually win the conflict on a military plan ?
>>
The answer is it doesn't matter because China doesn't need to use military force anytime soon. What matters is that the ability to get things done is a general quality. China has a long history and there are bound to be hiccups in any long history, but even the most ardent China hater has to admit that the Chinese have that general quality to get things done. If China ever needs a good military, they'll be able to figure it out.
>>
>>30797614

What are we talking time wise OP? 2020? 2030?
>>
>>30797614
>Let's play a complete fictionnal scenario where an european coalition of France, UK, Italy and Germany would be deployed to help the Philippines government after an invasion from China
No. Just no.
>Would european experience in the last 30 years conflict conflicts make any difference ?
They'll waltz in, establish bases and control zones and win the hearts and minds of the populace. Then they get killed by artillery.
>>
>>30797614
>France, UK, Italy, Germany
China gets rekt bad.
- technology way way lower level than that used by any of those countries
- manpower not really important when all you have is millions of men with AKs and lousy tech vs a few with some of the very best weapons&equipment
- nukes will not be used unless the chinese want to get exterminated in 20 minutes
As a sidenote, the indians could probably hold the chinese on their own for long enough to force them to peace agreements.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x404px
>>30798197
>UK France or Germany
>China gets wrecked badly

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahhaahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahah
>>
>>30797614
>What is the actual level of competence?
On average? Like a better India. A few steps above Arab militaries.
>Do we have any idea how skilled their commanding officers are ?
Most are politically motivated appointments. Most have basic strategic knowledge and they are definitely better than they were in 1980, 2000 or 2010.
Still not nearly as good as they can be.
>What about the People's Liberation Army Special Operations Forces ?
They are competent. Most operations in Xinjiang have been successful and they train with other international specops groups pretty often.
>Is there evidences of their level of training ?
Who? Your average Chinese soldier is worked pretty hard, but is somewhere in between a US national guard and a US policeman.
Specop guys are well-trained and have lots of anti-terror experience.
Frontline Chinese troops are much more competent than the average. Think of a US ranger battalion.
>Let's play a complete fictionnal scenario where an european coalition of France, UK, Italy and Germany would be deployed to help the Philippines government after an invasion from China.
>Would european experience in the last 30 years conflict conflicts make any difference ?
Experience? Bombing a few times in the Middle East and some IED-hunting in Afghanistan isn't worth much. Not really.
>What are the odds for the chinese to actually win the conflict on a military plan ?
Without America involved?
The Chinese would win.
>>
>>30798489
>how to spot an armchair operator; the post
>>
>>30797614
The Chinese Army is a military organization belonging to a world superpower.

So shit competence and a fuck load of micro management.
>>
China has never fought a modern war against an equal adversary. Who knows?
>>
>>30798519
I'm simply giving my own opinion based upon the information I have.

Factual evidence shows that the Chinese are 100x closer to the Phillipines than West Europe. Furthermore the Chinese have far more power projection in the area.

Most European navies would take weeks to get to the Philippines and only a portion would be taken away from defending the homeland.

China has 80 major surface combatants (destroyers+frigates+carrier+heavily armed amphibious assault ships).

West Europe as a whole has 40.
>>
>>30798538
Has America?

Has Western Europe?
>>
>>30798351
There's a difference between /pol/ tier memes and the actual military capability of those countries. Their politicians may be shit but their armed forces are more than capable and their tech&equipment is way ahead of China.
I know you want to believe China is this juggernaut akin to the soviets in WW2 but just because they can talk shit and copy-paste some obsolete tech that they were allowed to "steal" does not make them anything more than a bigger Best Korea.
>>
File: Doc-Rivers-Shocked-GIF.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Doc-Rivers-Shocked-GIF.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>30798489
>Frontline Chinese troops are much more competent than the average. Think of a US ranger battalion.
>>
>>30798565
>Has America?
Iraq was like the 10th strongest military in the world in the Gulf War. USA faced heavy Soviet SAMs in Vietnam. USA faced China AND Soviet air combatants in the Korean War. When was the last time China not zerg rush and fought a real mechanized military? Never.
>>
>>30798573
Your post is full of memes and ignorance. It's practically a shitpost.

So that I don't waste too much time with you, I'll make this short.
Mind telling me how Europe is getting its forces to the Phillipines?
>>
>>30798599
>10th strongest
>equal opponent

Also, what is the Vietnam-China war?
What is the Chinese civil war?
What is the Korean war?
>>
>>30798586
>I have no statistics or argument so I shitpost

No one here has any credible source on the competence of Chinese troops. It's mostly a thread of hearsay.

From what I've seen in training operations with other nations, China's frontline units are relatively decent.
>>
>>30797614
Enough to beat those sneaky Mongorians
>>
>>30797614
Their army doesn't matter at all, it's their navy and air force that we should be evaluating, because those are truly what the US or any other Southeast Asian country will be facing in a real conflict with China
>>
File: pMfgviE.jpg (118KB, 1152x1032px) Image search: [Google]
pMfgviE.jpg
118KB, 1152x1032px
>>30798612
>Korean War
>American deaths: 36,000
>Chinese Army deaths: 400,000+
>>
>>30798612
>Vietnam-China war
That little zerg rush and artillery scuttle tested nothing.

>Chinese civil war?
Infantry shit. Next.

>What is the Korean war?
Zerg rush shit besides USA doing an 1v2 against Soviet and Chinese aircrafts and blowing them the fuck out.

China hasn't demonstrated anything with their hardware. Nothing about their logistics. Nothing about combined arms. It's all obsolete infantry shit. The USA is at the top of the game with mechanical experience.
>>
>>30798602
I don't know mane, you got me there. Sure would be nice if there was a thing like a canal, you know with water in it that you could send warships through. Too bad that Egypt deal fell through, would have been nice.
Would also be nice if you had this thing called boats and ships that could walk on water, you know, like Jesus. You could literally (LITERALLY) put military shit in those boats and send it through that water canal thingy so it can reach China.
But I'm just digressing here, we all know that's just sci-fi level dreams, I mean, it's never happened before cause it's impossible m8.
>>
>>30798624
If they are "relatively decent" then why would they be compared to Rangers? Are you saying that Rangers are average troops? Just say yes or no so I can know if I should discard your opinion
>>
i dunno. it might have been easier to determine if pla had ANY WARTIME EXPERIENCE
>>
China would destroy a European coalition in the SCS. Decades of military underspending by the yuros severely crippled capabilities, only France and UK has anything remotely akin to force projection capability, and if shit hits the fan today, only the CdG would be available, which is itself an aging design and would go under from torrents of AShMs.

Basically China would wreck anyone who's not USA in their own backyard.
>>
>China stronk
>no, China mega-stronk
>no no, China stronkest ever
The 50 Cent Party is out in full force it seems.
>>
>>30798713
Like who?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.